Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Author Topic: Shadow of the Outcast  (Read 1205 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 539

Lord of the Force

« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2017, 12:24:08 AM »

Chapter 5

Rowahn stood looking over the data that the Twith man, who he now knew to be Lieutenant Koln, had provided him. Just like all data sheets, it was incredibly boring, but he could not do anything about that. He was not seeing anything resembling the Sheathepede-class transport that T’Risha flew, but there was a YT-2400 freighter that had landed a ways away from the city.

“Why has no one been sent out to see what this ship is doing?” He asked the lieutenant.

“Because that ship landed in an area we cannot get too.” Said the man.

“Why not? Surely you have craft that can maneuver around and through the gorges.”

“It’s not that my lord. Those are not simply pits and gorges. Nobody is allowed out there.” He replied.

“Why not? Aren’t they just old battle scars from you time fighting with Hyabb?”

“Heh, no. Those are the wildlands. Nobody goes out there, because nobody ever returns. They are inhabited by gorogs you see. Massive, highly dangerous creatures they are.”

“I have heard of them” Rowahn stated. “I didn’t know this was their planet of origin though. Why have you not found a way to deal with these . . . creatures?”

“Well, the last time someone tried, about three years ago I believe, they barely made it out alive, and that is only because they had a way to neutralize the beast.” Koln said

“Who was this person?” asked Rowahn.

“I’m not entirely sure. Someone had paid him to bring a gorog to Cato Neimoidia. I have no idea why.” Came the reply of the Twith man. “All I know is that they did capture one, but I have no information on how or why.”

“Do you have any form of a map of any of the territory out there that I may use?”

“Yes, we have some holomaps that should help. I do not recommend going out there though. The odds are very high against your survival.” Lieutenant Koln said.

“In my experience, odds and luck do not exist. Only training and strength.” Came Rowahns haughty reply “I am done here. Have the landing bay doors open and ready for my departure.”

“Yes my lord.” Koln said as he quickly left.

Rowahn piloted his ship towards the gorge supposedly concealing Caedon’s ship. Once he was near his location, he carefully set down and exited the ship. Slowly, he began walking towards the coordinates of the Jedi Hunters ship, being to stay out of sight, and not make too much noise. There had to be lookouts around the ship. If not for Rowahn, than definitely for gorogs.

After moving for about five minutes, he came over a rise. Quickly stopping and laying down, he felt his heart beat a little faster. A few meters away sat the ship. There was no one in sight, but he could hear work going on inside.

I should attack now. He thought as he watched the ship. They are unsuspecting, and will be easily dealt with. As he carefully stood up to begin moving towards the ship, he heard something, or maybe he had felt it. Something was coming. It sounded like two trumpets playing two single notes. Never changing, but ever present. Just a constant hum. Just then, he saw two men hurrying back towards the ship. Quickly going prone again, he watched as the men entered the ship, and it took off.

What was that?  He wondered. Just then he heard something else. A stronger, louder sound. Not by any means like what he had just heard. This one was dangerous. Full of fury and rage, but with no constraint. Then he felt it. The ground was trembling. It was coming from the direction of his ship. Then it registered. Gorog! He thought as he stood up, and began running back the way he came. As he ran, he removed his saber from his back. He could move faster with it in hand, and he also needed to be ready if he did not reach his ship in time.

As he rounded the final bend before his ship, he saw the beast coming. That thing is huge. He thought as he continued to run. Quickly opening the hatch with the Force, he leaped, and landed inside the cockpit. As fast as he could, he fired up the engines, and lifted off. The gorog had seen him now, and he had to get out fast. However, he had nearly blocked himself in. He could not go up because he was under an overhang. He could go back because of the gorog, and there were walls on either side of him. Of course the only way was forward, but even that was a tight fit. They saw me coming, and those two men were sent to attract a gorog to my position. He thought with annoyance. I should have realized Caedon would know I was following. Because of its size, the Gorog could not keep directly behind him. Even with that one advantage, Rowahn needed to hurry. It took all of his piloting skills to get him to a place where he could fly out of the gorge. As he quickly climbed to the top of the crevice, he checked his scanners. He realized too late that the monster was almost directly above him. As he shot out the opening, a massive hand came flying down at him. Spinning to avoid a head on collision, he thought he made it just out of reach of the thing. He had not been so lucky. As the titan swung its other hand at the ship. He was almost out of range, but not quite. The tip of his gigantic finger smashed into Rowahn’s ship sending him spinning towards the ground. Rowahn managed to keep himself from crashing and killing himself, but the damage done to the ship was considerable.

As he hit the ground, he could see that one wing had completely snapped off, while the other was dented and bent. He got the hatch open, and made it out of the ship. However, he was still disorientated from the crash. As his mind began to clear, he realized that he no longer had his saber. He didn’t have time to go back for it though. The gorog was nearly upon him. Quickly surveying his surroundings, he headed off in the opposite direction. He knew he couldn’t outrun the creature for long, but hopefully he could find something useful. He saw the shadow even before he sensed the danger. Force dashing to the side, he barely made it out of the way of the giant monsters hand as it came smashing down. The shock from the impact threw him forwards even more, but he managed to keep his balance, and stay upright when he landed. Quickly turning around and assessing the situation, he took off running back towards the gorog. There was no confusion in the creature, it was not that smart. All he saw was an annoyance that he could eat, and it was coming right towards him.

The gorog swept his hand down towards Rowahn, but just at the last moment, Rowahn jumped. Launching himself into the air, and landing on top of the gigantic creature’s hand. Then he proceeded to run up his arm. Once passing the creature’s immense elbow, he dropped to the lower section of his arm, and continued running. The creature’s skin was slick, but there was still enough traction to let Rowahn run. There was nothing the gorog could do other than bellow its rage. That alone was enough to knock Rowahn off though. As he fell towards the ground, the unleashed a massive blast of Force lighting towards the monster. It was something he had been practicing whenever he could train alone, and away from others. He could not really control it, so it just came out in an extremely powerful blast. It did hit the gorog, and even though it did not do hardly any damage, it was enough to slow it down for a few seconds. Just long enough for Rowahn to Force dash back towards his Starfighter. He knew he would never reach the ship before the gorog caught up to him again, let alone get inside and retrieve his saber. So as he approached the ship, he threw as powerful of a Force blast at the cockpit window as he could, creating a hairline fracture on the window. Then used the Force to activate his saber, and pull it to himself through the window. The crack, activated blade, and small diameter of the hilt working together was enough to completely shatter the window, and bring his saber to himself.

He quickly turned around, just in time to see the monster swinging both his hands together in a clapping motion, hoping to catch his prey in between. The beast was fast, but with the Force, Rowahn was faster. Leaping over one hand as it came near, and then landing on the other side, with his saber activated. As the two massive hands slammed together, Rowahn was running towards them. Before the gorog could respond, he swung his saber at the beast’s exposed hand, and cut a deep gash in it. As the gorog cried out in pain, he swung his hand back, and swatted Rowahn through the air. The hit itself had not broken any bones, but he was still flying, and falling fast towards the ground. Using the Force to strengthen his bones, he hit the ground. Rowahn groaned inside the small plume of dust that he had just raised. Again, there was no broken bones, just a large bruise. As he staggered to his feet, he realized that he no longer had his saber. Must have flown out of my hand. He thought as he looked around.

Searching the ground around him, he found it near the gorog. “Great” he mumbled as he looked at the beast. Slowly moving towards the creature, he took the time to quickly study it and look for any weaknesses it might have. It did not have scales, or any other type of armor other than its thick, leathery skin. For the most part, it was fairly simple. Humanoid except for its unusually short legs, just much, much bigger and uglier. The multiple tusks jutting out around its mouth were not a pleasant sight. He could see no particular strength nor weakness to the thing, he would just have to try multiple things till he got it to work.

By the time the gorog had found him again, he was almost close enough to get his lightsaber again. As soon as the beast had spotted him, it had begun to run towards Rowahn. Realizing quickly that he would not have enough time to reach his saber before the monstrosity was upon him, Rowahn called it too him with the Force. The blade was flying towards him fast, and the gorog was getting closer. Then the saber stopped, and Rowahn lurched towards it. It had hit the ankle of the colossus, causing it to freeze in place, and pull Rowahn towards both it and the gorog. Releasing his pull on the saber, Rowahn landed on the ground tumbling. Gaining his feet again quickly, he saw that the gorog was trying to reach for him, and pick him up. Waiting till the last second, Rowahn jumped. Clearing the gorog’s hand, and landing near its foot. Lifting his foot, the creature tried to stomp on Rowahn. With a quick dive roll, he made it out of range just as the foot smashed into the ground. As he rolled, he grabbed his saber, and then leapt up. The tremors from the impact of the gorog’s foot threw Rowahn higher into the sky than he had planned. However, he made the best of it, maneuvering himself so that he landed at about the giant’s, and plunging his saber in up to the emitter. The creature screamed in pain, and anger his palm towards Rowahn, like one would an annoying insect. Before it reached him however, Rowahn jumped up higher, and did it again. He quickly worked his way up the behemoth’s leg, and was soon stabbing his saber in between the ribs of the monster. The damage being caused was not great in comparison to the overall size of the beast, but it was enough to anger the thing.

Eventually, after many close calls with the gorog’s hand, he made it to his shoulder, from where he launched himself onto the head of the titan. Plunging his blade in deep, and pulling it backwards. Rowahn wasn’t even sure if his blade would penetrate the bone, but from to reaction the gorog gave him, he figured it must have. The beast shook his head furiously, causing Rowahn to lose his balance, and begin sliding down the monsters face. Carefully, Rowahn used the Force to angle his decent away from the gorog’s mouth, and onto one of its tusks. After a quick slice at the behemoth’s face, the monster began to roar, and stagger back away from the blow. The sudden movement and small diameter of the platform caused Rowahn to rock back and forth trying to regain his balance. When the rocking finally subsided enough for Rowahn to make a plan, he quickly saw how he could defeat the beast. He immediately jumped to another tusk, and as he flew, swung his saber in a crimson arc, slicing the tusk he had just been standing on off. Then, jumping back onto the head of the gorog, he threw his saber, cutting off another tusk. Once his saber was back in his hand, he slammed the pommel into the hole he had made earlier to provide him with support. Picking up the two fallen tusks off the ground with the Force, Rowahn raised them up in front of the massive head, and before the creature could swat them out of the air, Rowahn pulled the tusks into the two ebony black eyes of the gorog with all the strength and Force he could muster. Then, running and jumping off the front of the beast, he spun in midair, and then channeling all his rage, fury, and pain into two incredibly strong Force blasts, mingled with Force lightning, and a cry from the deepest part of the living Force, he hurled them at the tusks now protruding from the gorog’s gruesome face, lodging them even deeper into the giant’s eye sockets, and brain. The lightning frying organ and system in its body. As he fell to the ground, Rowahn maneuvered his body so that he could land and quickly roll out of the way of the falling colossus. The beasts teetered for a long moment, and then slowly began to fall. The sound of the wind rushing around the gorog’s body as he fell, and then the crash as his body connected with the earth was deafening.

It was dead. He, Darth Rowahn of the Inquisitorius, and apprentice to Darth Vader had defeated one of the most powerful creatures in the entire galaxy. As he walked towards the gorog to retrieve his saber still stuck inside the massive beasts head, he could feel the fatigue coming on. He needed to get back to his ship, and to the city if he could. He needed to rest, heal and meditate. For as he was fighting, he could feel and sense the Force much stronger than he ever had before. He had been hearing that strange song, but this time it was full of energy and anticipation as if it were some sort of song specifically for fighting. A battle song. While the power it had given him was enticing, he knew that it was the same type of thing he heard and felt whenever he was around Jord, and that was something he could not allow to flourish inside of himself.

Tugging the saber out, he used it as a crutch to support his increasingly tiring body, then stood back and surveyed his work. He had done well. This was no simple vorynx, this was something else entirely. Something bigger, and far deadlier. And he had killed it.

It was time for him to head back. He could feel the pain growing unbearable. Reaching inside himself, he felt for the Force. He needed it to dampen the pain, and strengthen his limbs. However, no matter how hard he searched. He could not find it. The Force was gone. He had used up every ounce of power he had trying to defeat this monstrosity, and now he had nothing left to pull from. Even the land around him felt empty of everything. He could still feel the presence of the Force, but there was no way for him to access it. It was as if he had a reserve of power inside of him, and once it was used up, there was no more. As he struggled to wrap his mind around this thought, he slowly drifted into unconsciousness. Everything went black.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"We are the spark that will light the fire that will burn the first order down." - Poe Dameron

[_((((((((_o_((((|=|   Current saber: Dominix v4                         

l l l l l l l l l_o_lll__|   Current saber: Dominix v2                          

|_[[[[[[[[[_o_|-|   Current saber: Dark Apprentice LE v4         

[_((((((((_o_|=|   Current Saber: Dark Initiate LE v4 Emerald 
(LS points appreciated)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2017, 12:25:15 AM »

Sorry it took so long for me to get this one up. I meant to have it up Sunday, but I didn't have a chance to finish writing it. Hope you enjoyed it.

"We are the spark that will light the fire that will burn the first order down." - Poe Dameron

(LS points appreciated)

Karmack
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 370

Light side points please.

« Reply #62 on: November 14, 2017, 12:59:04 AM »

Wow, his ... batteries died?  HE'S THE ENERGIZER BUNNY!  I KNEW IT!  SITH BUNNY FROM... 

Ahem.  Yeah.  Sorry....

Seriously, intense scene.  This guy has a real issue with being the biggest and baddest dude around.  Looks like it is going to cost him this time.  :-)  And the song is there... And he refuses it, because SHE apparently uses it.  LOL
Serious ego problem!  Again, costly...

Can't wait for more!  Keep going!  :-)

Sabers I Own:   Aeon V4 Emerald/Obs V4 "Reverse LE", Aeon V3 "Reverse LE" stunt in AB, Aeon V2 stunt GB, Dark Apprentice Stunt in FO, Dominix V4 LE stunt in BR, Dark Catalyst LE Obs Lite in AG / Dark Catalyst LE stunt in AG (Staff), Emperor's Hand with dark accents, Obs Lite in VA, Guardian Obs Lite in AB.    Wish List:  Scorpion w/ Obsidian V4 and Emerald.

Karmack: Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 231

Guardian Blue is more than a color; it is my life

« Reply #63 on: November 14, 2017, 10:45:18 AM »

He's back!

I never knew that a gorog existed (in the SW universe  Wink) but when I looked it up on Wookiepedia...that is one savage beast!  Speaks volumes that Rowahn was able to kill it.  However, I like that even in doing so, the endeavor exhausted him.  But now he's in hostile territory, surrounded by wildlife wanting to kill him, and a powerful adversary.  Oh, and his ship is so much scrap  Roll Eyes

And that was one intense battle!  The imperfect use of Force-Lightning brings up a point: knowing Palpatine and Vader like we do, we know that they keep the most powerful weapons in their personal arsenal to themselves.  It would figure that someone basically teaching themselves would have a bit of trouble with precision and fine tuning.  Reminds me of the "Strong but unskilled" trope...well, for the Force-Lightning that is  Wink. Can't wait for the next chapter!

Until next installment friends  Smiley

Zearic Vih'Torr, Maenowan Nexu Master of the Vhal'Dan Gray Jedi Order

“I do not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB
Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG
Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR
Sentinel LE v4, EG

Wish List: Fulcrum&Lost Gray, AS&SY
               Emporer's Hand, VA

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #64 on: November 14, 2017, 03:35:39 PM »

I can only echo what Karmack and Dutchman have said, brutal combat and what a finish...it own tusks into its eyes...and great ending, he really pulled out everything he had to win that fight, and now has nothing left...such intense use of the force in such a small period of time in most of the EU seems to have two effect, into he short term it leaves them utterly drained, but when they recover they tend to be able to handle it better and go even further...its like a muscle for such intense use you should build up your strength/tolerance over time, otherwise if you push too hard it will break just like Rowahn has just found out. 

I wonder though, if someone were to find him now who would he be safer with, Jord, or Caedon?

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Karmack
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 370

Light side points please.

« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2017, 04:59:04 PM »

I wonder though, if someone were to find him now who would he be safer with, Jord, or Caedon?

*whispers* Caedon....  ;-)

Sabers I Own:   Aeon V4 Emerald/Obs V4 "Reverse LE", Aeon V3 "Reverse LE" stunt in AB, Aeon V2 stunt GB, Dark Apprentice Stunt in FO, Dominix V4 LE stunt in BR, Dark Catalyst LE Obs Lite in AG / Dark Catalyst LE stunt in AG (Staff), Emperor's Hand with dark accents, Obs Lite in VA, Guardian Obs Lite in AB.    Wish List:  Scorpion w/ Obsidian V4 and Emerald.

Karmack: Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2017, 08:58:28 PM »

Wow, his ... batteries died?  HE'S THE ENERGIZER BUNNY!  I KNEW IT!  SITH BUNNY FROM...  

Ahem.  Yeah.  Sorry....

Seriously, intense scene.  This guy has a real issue with being the biggest and baddest dude around.  Looks like it is going to cost him this time.  :-)  And the song is there... And he refuses it, because SHE apparently uses it.  LOL
Serious ego problem!  Again, costly...

Can't wait for more!  Keep going!  :-)

He's back!

I never knew that a gorog existed (in the SW universe  Wink) but when I looked it up on Wookiepedia...that is one savage beast!  Speaks volumes that Rowahn was able to kill it.  However, I like that even in doing so, the endeavor exhausted him.  But now he's in hostile territory, surrounded by wildlife wanting to kill him, and a powerful adversary.  Oh, and his ship is so much scrap  Roll Eyes

And that was one intense battle!  The imperfect use of Force-Lightning brings up a point: knowing Palpatine and Vader like we do, we know that they keep the most powerful weapons in their personal arsenal to themselves.  It would figure that someone basically teaching themselves would have a bit of trouble with precision and fine tuning.  Reminds me of the "Strong but unskilled" trope...well, for the Force-Lightning that is  Wink. Can't wait for the next chapter!

Until next installment friends  Smiley
I can only echo what Karmack and Dutchman have said, brutal combat and what a finish...it own tusks into its eyes...and great ending, he really pulled out everything he had to win that fight, and now has nothing left...such intense use of the force in such a small period of time in most of the EU seems to have two effect, into he short term it leaves them utterly drained, but when they recover they tend to be able to handle it better and go even further...its like a muscle for such intense use you should build up your strength/tolerance over time, otherwise if you push too hard it will break just like Rowahn has just found out.  

Thanks guys. I wasn't sure how you'd take this entry. It is a little different, but worked out way better than I had originally planned (for Caedon to disable the ship, and that's all. So much better getting smashed by a gorog.). Then I started thinking about Force Unleashed II, and I remembered fighting the Gorog in there. Looking at Wookieepedia, I saw that their origin planet was unknown, so I figured hey, why not, I already did a lot of other stuff with Twith, so why not just add one more thing. I am still trying to decide it Hyabb sent them there as war machines during the war between them, or if Twith sent them to Hyabb. Anyways, that is just a tangent for me to explore sometime.

*whispers* Caedon....  ;-)

A good question, but the answer is definitely not Caedon. He'd kill him in a heartbeat, then pretend he had never been alive. But Jord is a Jedi (of sorts). They (generally) don't kill unless they have too. Whether or not she would help him heal, I'm not sure, but she definitely would not kill him.

You guys have given me an idea for a possible interlude. Might have to explore it, though I don't know how well it would work. The more I think about it, the more I think it would work. I guess I may have to work on that next. We'll see.

Again, thanks for the comments. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

EDIT: Did any of you catch my attempt at a nod to Obi-Wan in ANH, or did I completely fail with it?

(LS points appreciated)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: