Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Finally I added a 1796 Light Cavalry Saber to my collection  (Read 839 times)
avabarnes
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

Blogger and a Self-Confessed History Enthusiast

« on: September 09, 2017, 06:38:46 AM »

So I ordered this 1796 Light Cavalry Saber to my collection.

A little background as published by Museum Replicas Ltd. on their site- "This saber was widely used by the British and their Prussian allies under General Blucher in the Battle of Waterloo. The blade was derived from the ferocious Indian Talwar and was reviled by the French who protested its use due to the horribly destructive wounds it inflicted. In fact, this saber was so successful as a cutting weapon, that the German Cavalry continued to use it right up to the beginning of the 20th century!"

Well, looking forward to it. Can't wait!

A history buff with inclination towards Swords and Sabers. Smiley

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 03:25:06 PM »

Beautiful addition Ava!  Like you, I enjoy and collect historical blades.  If it's not prying, what others do you have?  What's your favorite era?  Do you also like armor or just weapons?

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: