Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Mystery Box Opening  (Read 2348 times)
ALAKAI
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -4

« on: September 15, 2017, 06:50:15 PM »

Got my eagerly anticipated Mystery Box in yesterday and was able to film the unboxing. You can find it here:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwhK8qAXKIY&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwhK8qAXKIY&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Spoiler and Review Below

I ended up with a Dark Sentinel V4 with Non Illuminated A/V switch and Windowed Emitter. Total Value was $89.99.

Thus far, I love it. Everything I had read and seen about Ultra Sabers is true, the damn thing feels solid and am looking forward to swinging it around a bit. The blade fits in the hilt very snugly and does not move around when you tighten the retention screw. Balance? This is the really cool thing is that when you hold the whole saber in your hand like horizontally it feels a certain weight but when you hold it vertically it feels like it is lighter or just "fits"? Does that make any sense? Another thing great is that it feels good as a single hand or double hand saber so overall very happy with the way it feels.

Initial Impression dislike - There is only a a couple of points here, the retention screw could have been black. I know very small and menial but the silver really sticks out on a black hilt. When you tighten down the retention screw I am afraid I am going to crack the blade as it is not drilled out or has any specific area to tighten the screw against.

Any Improvements? - I plan on seeing what it might feel and look like with some scrap leather around the hilt to give a touch more grip. Very thin and maybe to provide something to have it stand out a touch. I also saw someone add O-rings to their hilt so maybe something to think about.

In the end, I was very happy with the purchase.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 02:11:59 AM by Admiral Snackbar » Logged

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 07:34:50 PM »

That is a great hint to handle and it looks awesome in that color. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 07:59:51 PM »

Congrats on the new saber!  Grin

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 10:45:16 PM »

Oh good score.

Blade tightness only needs to be finger tight meaning, when you start feeling some resistance then go half a turn more then stop.

It's kinda trial and error with blade retention too but I'd start there  Smiley

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

ALAKAI
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 12:01:29 AM »

Oh good score.

Blade tightness only needs to be finger tight meaning, when you start feeling some resistance then go half a turn more then stop.

It's kinda trial and error with blade retention too but I'd start there  Smiley

Ah okay thanks for the heads up. I can see myself getting in a rush and cracking it by over tightening it

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 04:02:59 AM »

NICE!!!

The screw colors annoys the ever living f*** out of me! It instantly kills the whole look of the saber when it's mismatched.

As Haz already mentioned about the blade tightening - and you won't crack it. You'll just put a little divot in the blade where the screw was. I've had some that arrived from US that were done up so tight it was like the builder thought that the screw in that hilt was the screw holding the center of the universe in place... but it wasn't broken! So if those guys haven't killed one from going tight, you aren't going to either  Grin

And as you found out, once you mouth the blade down on top of the LED the LED rattle goes away Smiley

Congratulations on getting one of the most comfortable hilts from the entire US lineup! And welcome to your new addiction  Cool

P.S. the [ W ] mean "windows". So your paper said "Dark Sentinel, Windows, AV switch, Blue"  Wink

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 06:39:10 AM »

TCSS (The Custom Saber Shop) sells black screws if you want one.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Darth Kanbis
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -14

...THE FORCE shall free me

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2017, 05:12:10 AM »

Ya know.. I really used to hate the Sentinel but its really started to grow on me, especially in Guardian Blue. Love it!

Initiate LE V4 Obsidian Lite Violet Amethyst Silver FoC
Consular Obsidian Lite Consular Green

TheSilentGhostReaper
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 34

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 02:04:54 AM »

Got my eagerly anticipated Mystery Box in yesterday and was able to film the unboxing. You can find it here:

https://youtu.be/nwhK8qAXKIY

Spoiler and Review Below

I ended up with a Dark Sentinel V4 with Non Illuminated A/V switch and Windowed Emitter. Total Value was $89.99.

Thus far, I love it. Everything I had read and seen about Ultra Sabers is true, the damn thing feels solid and am looking forward to swinging it around a bit. The blade fits in the hilt very snugly and does not move around when you tighten the retention screw. Balance? This is the really cool thing is that when you hold the whole saber in your hand like horizontally it feels a certain weight but when you hold it vertically it feels like it is lighter or just "fits"? Does that make any sense? Another thing great is that it feels good as a single hand or double hand saber so overall very happy with the way it feels.

Initial Impression dislike - There is only a a couple of points here, the retention screw could have been black. I know very small and menial but the silver really sticks out on a black hilt. When you tighten down the retention screw I am afraid I am going to crack the blade as it is not drilled out or has any specific area to tighten the screw against.

Any Improvements? - I plan on seeing what it might feel and look like with some scrap leather around the hilt to give a touch more grip. Very thin and maybe to provide something to have it stand out a touch. I also saw someone add O-rings to their hilt so maybe something to think about.

In the end, I was very happy with the purchase.

I like the window emitter on your dark sentinel v4...I wish mine had that window..lol!

Keep CALM the Batman is with you! Cheesy

MY LUCKIEST ULTRASABERS 3 $75 MYSTERY BOX.... ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
https://youtu.be/6frBl31Sgmk

MY first ULTRASABERS $75 MYSTERY BOX.... ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXmDPo-6Z38

MY first ULTRASABERS $200 MYSTERY BOX.... ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
https://youtu.be/jWaGnQ90t6A

MY TWO $75 MYSTERY BOX.....↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ Cheesy
https://youtu.be/cG6ad6wI8WE

mossy48
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2017, 03:21:32 PM »

take the screw to a local hobby store. what youre looking for in the retention screw is called a set screw. they should have them in black, silver and brass.  you can usually get a pack of varying lengths for about $2.

Rebel. Jedi. Gryffindor. Man in Black. Musician.
Disabled Combat Veteran of the Clone Wars...or of the American Navy and Irish Defense Force. you pick.

Volunteer worker. Salesman.

Diamond Mantis CE Purple
Dark initiate Red Lite sound v4.
mystery box. Sentinel Sunriders Destiny premium sound v4.
mystery box Dark Sentinel Sunriders Destiny lite sount v4.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: