Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Honestly can't decide on hilt length  (Read 1207 times)
Bluelightsaber
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 51

« on: September 16, 2017, 09:52:30 PM »

Please help give experienced opinions. I'm 5'6" adult male with medium adult male hands. The Apprentice is almost 10" which seems to be around the length of the movie sabers while the sentinel is 12.375" which seems on the long side. I'll be ordering, eventually, 3 or more light sabers with 36" blades and use them two handed. My force fix kylo ren is 9.25" from base to right under the cross guard and rhat feels fine but I'm not sure how the US sabers would feel since I wouldn't be grabbing them last the choke points. Thanks.

lovetadraw
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -175

Lawth VS Malice ~The End of Innocence

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 12:12:20 AM »

I'm 5'1" but depending on the saber I like something closer to 12" if there's a good choke.

"Somewhere between darkness and light I reside, seek not to save me, for I needn't rescue."

Emerald Consular Staff (PO and Gold)
Chimera (Custom with Maticore emitter)
Cyan Short Boi (Modified Dark IniV2Le)
Kylo Ren-egade (Custom with Renegade parts)
MHS Luke Hero (Archon emitter)
Mustafar's Wake (Modified Dark Prophecy)
MHS Skywalker Saber
MHS Darth Zannah

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 02:13:35 AM »

Blue,
Two things:
You need to post in the "Introductions" section acknowledging the rules

Now, with that done, you may want to consider going for 32" blades instead of 36" ones given your height.
And a lot of hilt length will depend on if you're planning a one-or two handed grip

Bluelightsaber
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 51

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 02:20:05 AM »

Honestly I'd probably go 40" if it were the same price - I feel like my force Fx Sabers or too short as it is. But two handed.

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 04:44:45 AM »

40 inch blades are extra, 36 and shorter and standard price.

I have both and I'm 6ft. I like both, got the Sentinel first through a $75 Mystery Box at a con, got the Apprentice also out of a $75 Mystery Box but ordered it online. The first time I picked up the Apprentice I loved it, small and lightweight but still feels solid as can be. Just very comfortable to handle. After having handed both I would go with the Apprentice first but would still want both.

There is a good chance that after all the replies it may be 50/50 on which one everybody likes the best.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Darth Kanbis
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -14

...THE FORCE shall free me

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 04:52:20 AM »

I have both a Consular which is just under 12" and an Initiate which is just under 10". I keep a 36" blade in the Consular and a 32" blade in the Initiate. I am 6' tall and while I love the feel of the Consular, the maneuverability on the initiate is unparalleled.

The balance of the Initiate with a 32" blade is about a half inch up the blade from the emitter, while the balance of the Consular with the 36" is pretty much right at the emitter. The Initiate with a 36" blade in it is a bit blade heavy but it isn't the worst thing ever.

The Initiate, however, is a bit short for a two-handed saber, as I find my pinky and ring finger often sliding below the pommel. Consular sized hilts are perfect for two-handed wielding in my opinion.

Hope this helps with your decision!

Initiate LE V4 Obsidian Lite Violet Amethyst Silver FoC
Consular Obsidian Lite Consular Green

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2017, 06:06:40 PM »

Any hilt I have that is 12+ inches, gets a 36 inch blade. Anything under 12 inches gets a 32 inch blade. I am 6'2" . The only reason i would ever buy a 40 inch blade is  if emitter was long and had a decent grip on the blade.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Darth Blightus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -201

dark side points

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 12:45:05 AM »

this is my raven with a 36 inch blade
the hilt is lengthy and a bit heavy

Only in darkness can one see the true light.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 02:04:22 AM »

I am also 6'0" and find that my Sentinel offers the perfect choke points for handling^^  Another option (if it interests you) would be the Archon (both v2 and v3); very ergonomic hilt and beautiful besides  Wink

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Zyn
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 63

What do I see? Light... Darkness.... Balance

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 03:04:30 PM »

I am also 6'0" and find that my Sentinel offers the perfect choke points for handling^^  Another option (if it interests you) would be the Archon (both v2 and v3); very ergonomic hilt and beautiful besides  Wink

Agreed on the Sentinel, the choke points are perfect, and it's light enough to be viable as both a 1H or 2H blade. The Aeon is also pretty good.

If you want a good 1H blade, I highly recommend the Emperor's Hand. Even with a square activation box, it's perfect for 1H IMHO, and would especially shine with a smaller hand. (I'm 6'2" and wear XL gloves, so occasionally the activation box awkwardly hits my hand if I'm not careful when spinning)

"The protectors of the Balance must stand on the edge of two worlds, accepted by neither, masters of both."

Butcher (Diamond) | Emperor's Hand* (BR) | Lost Gray* (SD) | Sentinel v4* (BR) | Reaper (AB) | D. Initiate (AS) | D. Apprentice LE v4 (SY) | Aeon v4 (CG) (WILLING TO TRADE) | Dark Sentinel/Aeon Staff (FO) | D. Prophecy Build Project (Pending)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: