Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark Initiate v4 build help please  (Read 914 times)
HardDrive
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: September 16, 2017, 11:58:39 PM »

I bought this empty hilt a while back with the plans of filling it later and am now at "that" point. I got to looking at this thing and looking at the LED module that is suppose to go into it and it has me scratching my head... I have never built or used any Ultrasaber product before but I have built A custom one from "those other guys" and my question is this. What holds the LED module in place? Obviously the blade keeps it from flying out, but inside the saber is a smooth bore all the way to the switch. Is the switch suppose to retain it? or is there a piece that goes between the LED module and the switch that i have just over looked?

Any Help would be appreciated!

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 05:04:57 AM »

The switch and the blade pretty much hold it in place, now I have never built a saber myself but just looking at the ones I have and reading here on the forums that is how US does it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2017, 01:25:24 PM »

Yeah, what tx_tuff said.  It just "floats" between the switch and the end of the emitter.  The blade or a blade plug keeps it in place, but there's nothing else to secure it and stop it from moving. 

HardDrive
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2017, 02:29:07 PM »

alright thanks for the responses guys that helps a lot! And that is going to be the first thing I change/fix  Going to drill and tap a set screw for that. Using  a black set screw will reduce the visibility, i just don't like the idea of my electronics moving around.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 05:21:08 PM »

A set screw is a good idea to keep the LED in place.  Whenever I'm building with the one piece hilts, I put a blade plug in to keep my LED module from sliding out while I'm doing my wiring. Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: