Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Dark Initiate LE v3 - Lifesaber hack  (Read 975 times)
Calculon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 435

We Will Win!

« on: September 17, 2017, 07:35:37 PM »

Hey gang, here is a PSA of sorts. Not the first time i've seen or mentioned something like this. It is however the first time ever working with a saber with only a emerald driver installed. I didn't know you could do that!? Alas, a few months later this came to me in need of a diagnosis and repair. It looks like all the wear and tear from manually swapping batteries (why I live by the recharge port) took its toll. The board came loose due to the mounting tape failure and the posts on the battery pack got worked.

The fix: Solder the wire to what's left of the post, heatshrink and use new mounting tape for the pack to the board. Lastly, add a tether to help with the removal of the battery pack for battery swaps.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrkdNJj2BrI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrkdNJj2BrI</a>

The Wolfpack Lives!

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 10:35:47 PM »

tether's a good idea to avoid future problems

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 11:01:23 AM »

Thank you for sharing this hack.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 11:42:49 AM »

Hey gang, here is a PSA of sorts. Not the first time i've seen or mentioned something like this. It is however the first time ever working with a saber with only a emerald driver installed. I didn't know you could do that!? Alas, a few months later this came to me in need of a diagnosis and repair. It looks like all the wear and tear from manually swapping batteries (why I live by the recharge port) took its toll. The board came loose due to the mounting tape failure and the posts on the battery pack got worked.

The fix: Solder the wire to what's left of the post, heatshrink and use new mounting tape for the pack to the board. Lastly, add a tether to help with the removal of the battery pack for battery swaps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrkdNJj2BrI

Thanks for this Cal^^  Even a moron like me can follow those directions  Wink

Oh and nice references to Robotech  Cheesy

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Calculon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 435

We Will Win!

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 06:05:43 PM »

Youre welcome folks! My pleasure. Thanks for taking the time and leaving a comment.

The Wolfpack Lives!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: