Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: I bring to you the Arctic King  (Read 3298 times)
Zyn
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 63

What do I see? Light... Darkness.... Balance

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2017, 01:46:58 PM »

the longer I look at this, the long I want to rush home and do the same to my Dark Reaper... well done!

"The protectors of the Balance must stand on the edge of two worlds, accepted by neither, masters of both."

Butcher (Diamond) | Emperor's Hand* (BR) | Lost Gray* (SD) | Sentinel v4* (BR) | Reaper (AB) | D. Initiate (AS) | D. Apprentice LE v4 (SY) | Aeon v4 (CG) (WILLING TO TRADE) | Dark Sentinel/Aeon Staff (FO) | D. Prophecy Build Project (Pending)

Zyn
Knight Templar

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2017, 04:41:07 PM »

I have never soldered before but I wanted to add the quick disconnect to the Reaper hilt so I bought a soldering gun practice once and added the connection to the hilt.

How did you remove the original LED from the Reaper? I'm looking at changing out my Reaper's color, but it looks as if the LED module is attached instead of free like my Sentinel and Aeon hilts. Is the module just pressed in? Or is there glue holding it in?

"The protectors of the Balance must stand on the edge of two worlds, accepted by neither, masters of both."

Butcher (Diamond) | Emperor's Hand* (BR) | Lost Gray* (SD) | Sentinel v4* (BR) | Reaper (AB) | D. Initiate (AS) | D. Apprentice LE v4 (SY) | Aeon v4 (CG) (WILLING TO TRADE) | Dark Sentinel/Aeon Staff (FO) | D. Prophecy Build Project (Pending)

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2017, 11:17:15 PM »

How did you remove the original LED from the Reaper? I'm looking at changing out my Reaper's color, but it looks as if the LED module is attached instead of free like my Sentinel and Aeon hilts. Is the module just pressed in? Or is there glue holding it in?
It was just pressed in, looks like the wires had a little hot glue on them, I'm guessing just from the AV switch. So you should be able to pull it out. After that just cut the wires.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2017, 02:00:31 AM »

Interesting, my azure reaper's LED is completely loose and only stays in place when pushed down by the blade.  It is a prime candidate for quick disconnects I think.  I wonder if the fact that mine is tri-cree makes a difference?  Or maybe just different techs employ different methods.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2017, 02:33:34 AM »

The Reaper only takes the smaller LED case, doesn't matter set up you have. And mine was loose too, just looked like the wires had some glue on them. I'm sure that wasn't on purpose.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2017, 04:44:03 AM »

Interesting, my azure reaper's LED is completely loose and only stays in place when pushed down by the blade.  It is a prime candidate for quick disconnects I think.  I wonder if the fact that mine is tri-cree makes a difference?  Or maybe just different techs employ different methods.

As is my sisters.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Zyn
Knight Templar

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2017, 12:09:30 PM »

Guess I got lucky on my LED, as it's in there pretty solid. Now it's time for me to go screw it up.

I didn't want to go yanking on it, but if it's just hot glue holding it in, that won't be a problem. I did notice a big gob of glue behind the switch, so maybe a little bit seeped up to the LED.

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 601

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2017, 12:36:25 AM »

SWEET mod, point to you good sir. MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel;
Ordered: Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2017, 05:45:28 AM »

Thank you!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print