Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: VIOLENT Amethyst Mantis  (Read 2673 times)
Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« on: September 18, 2017, 12:26:10 PM »

Back in February this year, I bought a Mantis CE for my GF and she really wanted to have the clawed emitter, but they were out of stock. We waited for two months, but they were still out of stock with no foresable restock date, so I opted for US to send me a Dark Mantis clawed emitter instead which I had planned to simply strip down to silver and add it to her saber. However, once it got here, she loved the black with the silver and wanted it to be put on as it was. It looked a bit out of place being the only black part of the saber, so when a Dark Mantis flash sale came up back in July (I think) I bought a stunt hilt as a "donor" for her saber so I could make it look better.

Her saber was packed for a while while she was moving, but I managed to get it from her on Saturday and finally get after it. So here is Tegan's new Mantis design. Still equipped with VA (BH FoC) and V4 sound as it was when purchased, but now a hybrid Dark/CE body and a Renegade SE small pommel. Also with the JediXIX switch bezel switcheroo and the Isola815 (as far as I know) covertech switcheroo! I think this one came out looking nice and mean, hence it's nickname of VIOLENT Amethyst Mantis!

I wanted to paint the lines and chevrons of the collar and the small lines of the pommel black, but she said she liked the solid silver as it matches the neck and claws. And hey, she's the artist, so OK!

Zyn
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 63

What do I see? Light... Darkness.... Balance

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 12:29:20 PM »

That''s a great looking saber, your lady has got there. If mine had one like that, I'd be one jealous husband

"The protectors of the Balance must stand on the edge of two worlds, accepted by neither, masters of both."

Butcher (Diamond) | Emperor's Hand* (BR) | Lost Gray* (SD) | Sentinel v4* (BR) | Reaper (AB) | D. Initiate (AS) | D. Apprentice LE v4 (SY) | Aeon v4 (CG) (WILLING TO TRADE) | Dark Sentinel/Aeon Staff (FO) | D. Prophecy Build Project (Pending)

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 12:34:03 PM »

That''s a great looking saber, your lady has got there. If mine had one like that, I'd be one jealous husband

Thanks Zyn! Seeing as this thread is about her sabers, this is her shoto:

Dark Apprentice LITE with BH (AS FoC). Which was a BR $200 Mystery Box that I modified for her and I stole the BR (AS FoC) led module for another saber I'm not allowed to talk about on here.

Side note: Both pommels she has stolen from other builds of mine  Cheesy The Renegade she stole from my Standard Issue, and the Emperor's Hand she stole from my Sickle (Mini Reaper build).

Damn thief! Lol

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 12:48:20 PM »

Your lady has a lovely saber! Good job Isola

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 01:13:31 PM »

Wow, Isola, that turned out quite good indeed. THAT is a sweet new look. You've got such a good eye for change-ups like this. 👍 The AV and Covertech accents are nice touches, too. Love that extra bit of detail, and I don't think I'd want the chevron painted either. It's such a clean transition that way. I could definitely go for this kind of mod on my Dark Mantis.

Point! 🤗

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 06:47:42 PM »

Wow! Shocked That is a beautiful saber, totally jealous of your girlfriend right now.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 07:14:18 PM »

Another great looking mod Isola, point for you!

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 08:31:33 PM »

Wow looks great! I love the combination you have going on. Did you put the other parts back together?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 09:56:28 PM »

Wow, this looks awesome. Nice mod for sure (and no o-rings either Wink ). I definitely wouldn't mind having one of my own.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Wahshiya
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 40

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 10:34:11 PM »

Very nice looking saber. 

I definitely have the Mantis on my to-buy list.

Current Ultra Sabers arsenal:
Emperor's Hand - Menace emitter, Emerald controller and v4 Obsidian SB
Archon 3.1 - Diamond controller
Fulcrum - Emerald controller and v3 Obsidian SB
Dark War Glaive - RGB w/ v4 SB
Raven - BR w/ v4 SB
"Revanite Sentinel" (customized Dark Sentinel V4) - Red - stunt
"Revanite Sentinel Reforged" (customized Dark Sentinel V4 LE) - Obsidian V3 SB - Purple w/ QDs
Plus lots more stunt and project sabers
Next up: Scorpion, Malice, Flamberge V2

Darth Kanbis
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -14

...THE FORCE shall free me

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2017, 10:39:04 PM »

One of the coolest combos I've seen in my (short) time of being here. Nice job!

Initiate LE V4 Obsidian Lite Violet Amethyst Silver FoC
Consular Obsidian Lite Consular Green

Darth Veilus
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -40

DARK SIDE POINTS ONLY PLEASE!

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2017, 01:59:32 AM »

Tell your GF to be careful with that shroud on the curve. It tends to be a bit sharpe in areas and can do some cutting to the figures. Awesome build POINT! Would love to see pics of your Sickle. I got my wife a Counselor and she loves it.

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 02:14:52 AM »

Thanks everyone!

Wow looks great! I love the combination you have going on. Did you put the other parts back together?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Not yet, they are in the parts bin with all my other MHS gear until I get a good idea Smiley

Tell your GF to be careful with that shroud on the curve. It tends to be a bit sharpe in areas and can do some cutting to the figures. Awesome build POINT! Would love to see pics of your Sickle. I got my wife a Counselor and she loves it.

We actually got lucky with these parts out of the box and none of them are sharp. The collar and emitter on the Dark Mantis however, opened up my palm Sad

Might do a thread for the Sickle and one for the Reaper IE now that the video is in the depths of the pages in the custom build thread. I'll see if I can do that when I get home today.

Isola815
Knight Commander

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2017, 11:57:16 AM »

Would love to see pics of your Sickle.

Here you go, Brother. As requested!

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=35890.0

Darth Veilus
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -40

DARK SIDE POINTS ONLY PLEASE!

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2017, 12:09:31 PM »

Here you go, Brother. As requested!

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=35890.0

IT'S SO TINY! I thought you did like a Scythe Saber type deal. Still awesome lil assassin saber. POINT!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: