Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Please help - New Ultrasaber has no sound after loading font  (Read 4481 times)
HardTI
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 3

« on: September 19, 2017, 01:52:28 AM »

My new saber worked just fine until I tried to load a font I found on this site. Using the USLauncher the sound card I assume is recognized, but all of the sounds show empty. I try loading indidual files into different sound slots, or a font as a whole. It seems to upload fine, but once complete it shows the soundcard empty and I'm back to square one.

I'm really getting frustrated here as I feel I've followed the instructions word for word.

Can anyone help please?

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 03:44:16 AM »

I have a few thoughts ...

Make sure you're using fully charged batteries when uploading fonts, the board won't adopt new files if the power is too low.

When you're in the launcher adding sounds to the clashes, swings, hum etc and you're ready to upload ... make sure to read at the bottom where it says "Font ok, you may write to board now" or something like that.

Then you can upload to the board, but if you use too many sound banks and it says that the board is too full cannot write ... and you don't notice and try it anyway ... it'll clear your board and nothing will be on it.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

HardTI
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 12:44:26 PM »

Thanks for the tips.

I fully charged the batteries after reading that being a possible issue here. No luck.

If I load a font or individual sounds the "OK" message does show at the bottom before I write. I even added just 1 or 2 sounds a few times (turn on and hum) and uploaded just those, and still same results.

After uploading is complete i believe the saber auto-disconnects. If I click connect again and let the software read what's on the board everything shows empty again. That mirrors what happens if I unplug after uploading the sounds. There's just no sound.

HardTI
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 01:21:51 PM »

I just noticed there is an error on the main tab if I scroll up. It says "Error writing sound font to bank. Data checking failed!"

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 06:49:23 PM »

You have the v3? Then your board is probably faulty and needs to be replaced...if you have the v4, try reformatting the board.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

HardTI
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 07:01:24 PM »

Bummer.... it's a V3. Looks like it's heading back for the 2nd time in 2 weeks =(
I emailed support so we'll see if they have any advice too, but I suspect they need to get their hands on it.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 07:16:55 PM »

I think so, too. Maybe it's just a temporary error, and after a reset it works again, but it doesn't sound like that Undecided

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2017, 01:40:39 AM »

Ah, I hope there's a swifter solution.  Too bad the V3 can't go through a "clean sweep" like the V4.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

funkdrspock
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2017, 03:55:11 PM »

I am also having this problem. My saber is brand new and I have tried the default font as well as many different fonts to see if that was the problem when writing. However I am still getting the "Error writing sound font to bank: data checking failed." My mac recognizes my saber but i'm afraid my soundboard may be faulty.

Anyone solve this issue without sending their saber back? I've emailed them about this yesterday and am still waiting for a reply.

Thanks in advance!

funkdrspock
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2017, 07:26:46 PM »

Any updates? Did you have end up sending your saber back? Or was there another way to solve it through the software?

Ah, I hope there's a swifter solution.  Too bad the V3 can't go through a "clean sweep" like the V4.

Snipah
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -21

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 03:07:45 AM »

I had an issue where I updated a v4 board but did not use disconnect button and just shut the program down before pulling USB cable out.
I had no sound and no startup at all.  Embarrassed

Upon repeating the process and reconnecting the Saber per instruction, then writing to board, using disconnect button all was as it should be.
Are you saying you cannot format a v3 board at all and reload your sounds from file?

Armoury:
Dark Initiate v4 - Tri Blazing Red
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst

Force FX - Luke Skywalker
Force FX - Darth Vader

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: