Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: My mystery box arrived - and I cried  (Read 2432 times)
Bkkornaker
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 5

« on: September 20, 2017, 02:07:28 AM »

Hello everyone. First time posting, and this is also my very first ever light saber purchase. But I felt inclined to share this story......cause it's amazing.

My best friend had his first baby this year, and his baby's first birthday falls on this Halloween weekend, and it's a Disney/Star wars theme, so of course I felt inclined to dress up. And of course I choose to be a Jedi knight.....

So I bought the Hasbro Anakin/Darth toy as my light saber....didn't need to be fancy as for it's just for a costume to wear probably once. It's arrived....and I thought it was junk. So I figured, let me do some research on a decent light saber that actually is passable as a prop....but let's not spend a fortune on it.

Which Led me to here....to ultrasabers. Of all the research I did, I kept coming back to this place as my shop to buy my light saber prop for Halloween/birthday party. The price was right, they had the selection.....and "what's this mystery box thingy" I said to myself. For only $75, I felt it was the perfect bang for the buck for my costume which I'll only put to use once this year.

Well my $75 mystery box arrived 1 hour ago. And I only kept thinking to myself, "how fun is this suspense! I hope it's silver hilt! I hope it's a Jedi light color!....." . But of course I was gonna be happy with anything....after all, it's a $75 mystery bag. You get what you pay for....Right?

I opened the box.....and saw the hilt wrapped in brown paper with a white sticker. I've seen a lot of YouTube reviews where people get their mystery box and it arrives in brown paper. I know what it meant, and I knew I was about to witness something special........and I was floored when I opened it fully.

I cried ..... a lot.

I've never felt such joy and generosity from an experience like this in my life. I felt like I had won the lottery or something. I'm now the proud owner of a Archon v2 with Premium Obsidion v4 sound and rechargeable batteries, in Guardian Blue.

If I were to build a light saber, this was exactly the one I wanted, in this exact color...and it even went above and beyond and came with premium v4 sound. It's like whomever was packing this item up to be shipped out, was reading my mind!!!  I can't even express my gratuities right now. For something that was supposed to just be a prop as a costume, now turned into this thing I've fantasized about since a child......owning a LEGIT Jedi lightsaber.

To all those at Ultrasabers....I can't thank you enough for this. You not only earned a customer for life, but everyone I know, will know that this was a Ultrasabers item....I'm telling the world! One good deed will always come around 10 fold.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 02:20:45 AM »

Excellent draw from a $75 mystery box.
The Force has indeed served you well

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 02:41:18 AM »

Great story, love to hear this!

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 03:05:41 AM »

Excellent. The Force is strong with you. Guardian Blue looks amazing on the Archon V2.1. Congrats. Point.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 04:08:53 AM »

Wow, man, that's really, really cool. Total win and for that matter to someone who seems to really appreciate whatever he might have gotten, and that kind of attitude of gratitude sure deserves a win.  Congrats to you and Happy Early Halloween!

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 04:25:01 AM »

Hey, great story, and congratulations. A fine saber indeed. However, you forgot to post an acknowledgement to the RULES section. I know you are excited to share your story and whatnot, but could you please go read and acknowledge to RULES before you continue posting. It just keeps us all on the same page. After that welcome, and congratulations. A fine grab for 75$.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 04:33:29 AM »

Wonderful! We know that feeling when we win a nice saber! Congrats!

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 05:03:11 AM »

Wow great story and great saber! Makes it even better coming from a $75 box!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

JediCook
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 06:56:30 AM »

Congrats man. Nice pick.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Zyn
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 63

What do I see? Light... Darkness.... Balance

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 12:13:48 PM »

The Force has smiled upon you

"The protectors of the Balance must stand on the edge of two worlds, accepted by neither, masters of both."

Butcher (Diamond) | Emperor's Hand* (BR) | Lost Gray* (SD) | Sentinel v4* (BR) | Reaper (AB) | D. Initiate (AS) | D. Apprentice LE v4 (SY) | Aeon v4 (CG) (WILLING TO TRADE) | Dark Sentinel/Aeon Staff (FO) | D. Prophecy Build Project (Pending)

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2017, 12:34:02 PM »

Congrats on a wonderful saber! The Archon v2.1 has quickly become one of my favorite sabers.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Bkkornaker
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 5

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2017, 03:57:50 PM »

Thanks everyone!

It was quite the experience indeed. I literally was choking up with tears when I opened the package, and wrote my first post. I'm so grateful, so excited, so thankful.

Grin Cheesy

ALAKAI
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2017, 03:18:11 PM »

That is amazing! You got so lucky! Congratulations!

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2017, 02:12:17 AM »

The Archon is the best!

Congrats and thank you for sharing your story - so awesome.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2017, 12:36:11 AM »

Nice score. Archon V2.1 is definitely a favorite saber among my small collection of sabers =] If I had to part with the others but could only be able to keep one or two I'd definitely pick my Archon V2.1 over any of them for sure Tongue I wanted the Luke look for mine though so

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: