Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Does diamond always take 3 seconds to turn off?  (Read 2081 times)
Bluelightsaber
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 51

« on: September 22, 2017, 11:46:36 AM »

How about the Obsidian V4? I saw a review that shows that the guy requires 3 seconds to turn off the saber with Diamond. Unfortunately this is a deal breaker for me since I'm not all that interested in sound to begin with but mainly the Emerald board. So I suppose I could just go with Obsidian.

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 12:24:43 PM »

Yes that feature of the Diamond controller is a built in "on purpose" element because of the programmable aspects of the gesture recognition software.

V3/V4//Emerald/Lite all take half the time.

Also, just in case you weren't aware - If you don't want sound, you can get Emerald sabers without sound.

Hope this helps Smiley

Bluelightsaber
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 12:50:24 PM »

Yes that feature of the Diamond controller is a built in "on purpose" element because of the programmable aspects of the gesture recognition software.

V3/V4//Emerald/Lite all take half the time.

Also, just in case you weren't aware - If you don't want sound, you can get Emerald sabers without sound.

Hope this helps Smiley

Thanks. I think I would like sound if I'm going to go for a higher priced model in the future. Especially after seeing the Super Mario font. But I am not TOO invested in it. I have to say I do want some of the features on the Obsidian V4 now after looking into it. Shame about the 3 second power down though; I wish that were just an option.

Also for illuminated AV switches - are they on only when the saber is on? Can Obsidian V4 do battery level indication with that switch?

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 01:52:43 PM »

Yeah, Obsidian and any sound board you put into a saber that uses a momentary switch is going to require you to hold the button a few seconds to get it to turn off.  It's just how they are.  As Isola said, it's because a quick press usually does something else with the boards.  Though, I'm curious why this is a deal breaker.  Do you think it would be inconvenient to hold the button a few seconds to get the saber to turn off?  In my opinion, you get used to it very quickly.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 08:24:45 PM »

But it doesn't have a power level indicator. You would need to add one yourself.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Bluelightsaber
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 09:39:40 PM »

Yeah, Obsidian and any sound board you put into a saber that uses a momentary switch is going to require you to hold the button a few seconds to get it to turn off.  It's just how they are.  As Isola said, it's because a quick press usually does something else with the boards.  Though, I'm curious why this is a deal breaker.  Do you think it would be inconvenient to hold the button a few seconds to get the saber to turn off?  In my opinion, you get used to it very quickly.

Yeah it would drive me nuts. How long does it take to the Obsidian v4 to turn off exactly?

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 12:53:19 AM »

Yeah it would drive me nuts. How long does it take to the Obsidian v4 to turn off exactly?

If someone else doesn't do it sooner, I'll tell you after my batteries charge.  On other sound sabers I have, it takes about a second of holding the switch to get it to turn off, not 3 seconds.  I believe Obsidian is about that too, I'll make sure later.

Bluelightsaber
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 12:59:23 AM »

If someone else doesn't do it sooner, I'll tell you after my batteries charge.  On other sound sabers I have, it takes about a second of holding the switch to get it to turn off, not 3 seconds.  I believe Obsidian is about that too, I'll make sure later.

Thanks! I could live with a second.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2017, 03:34:45 AM »

Obsidian V4 is about 2 seconds. Just checked with one of mine

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2017, 03:59:19 AM »

Yeah, it's between one and two.  You're not going to get any better than that.  The sound boards are designed so that a quick press does something.  With Obsidian, it puts the saber in lockup.  So, it takes holding the button for a second or so to get the board to register the power off.  That's how most saber sound boards are.

Bluelightsaber
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2017, 05:02:47 AM »

Yeah, it's between one and two.  You're not going to get any better than that.  The sound boards are designed so that a quick press does something.  With Obsidian, it puts the saber in lockup.  So, it takes holding the button for a second or so to get the board to register the power off.  That's how most saber sound boards are.

Hmm is the program open source? It seems like it would be easy to alter and reupload to the device. I'd gladly trade an instant off for lock up.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2017, 05:15:30 AM »

Hmm is the program open source? It seems like it would be easy to alter and reupload to the device. I'd gladly trade an instant off for lock up.

No, it's all proprietary.  As far as I know, all you can change on the Obsidian boards is the fonts.  Also, with Diamond, you can change other options but, to my knowledge, the amount of time required to hold the button to turn off the saber isn't one of them.  You can check out the other guys too, but I guarantee you their boards require you to hold the button for a moment to turn off the saber too.  That's just how it is.

Look, if holding a button for a second to get the saber to turn off is that inconvenient for you, just order stunts.  Click on, click off.  If you want color changing, look into getting a saber with the RGB setup with three or four switches.  That will be instant on and off too.

Bluelightsaber
Knight Lieutenant

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2017, 05:32:38 AM »

No, it's all proprietary.  As far as I know, all you can change on the Obsidian boards is the fonts.  Also, with Diamond, you can change other options but, to my knowledge, the amount of time required to hold the button to turn off the saber isn't one of them.  You can check out the other guys too, but I guarantee you their boards require you to hold the button for a moment to turn off the saber too.  That's just how it is.

Look, if holding a button for a second to get the saber to turn off is that inconvenient for you, just order stunts.  Click on, click off.  If you want color changing, look into getting a saber with the RGB setup with three or four switches.  That will be instant on and off too.

How is emerald with no sound board, still on/instant off?

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2017, 08:09:54 AM »

How is emerald with no sound board, still on/instant off?

No, same as all the others.

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2017, 08:57:05 AM »

Or get a stunt with Tri Adegan Silver and either use the color discs provided or buy your own.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: