Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: I think I might have burned something out on my board  (Read 1527 times)
Darth Dragon
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -28

« on: September 23, 2017, 10:26:18 PM »

Hello so I was switching out a obsidian v3 board to install it in my sons custom aeon I have been working on.  I got ahead of myself and I left the batteries in and I I think I crossed some wires with the switch.  I smells like something burnt inside of the hilt and now the saber will not turn on.  I hope I didn’t completely kill the board and just blew something easy to switch out.  Help saber forum you are my only hope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 05:46:25 PM »

Can you provide a picture of the board? Especially of the black coated side? I think it's something on the board, but we can only be sure if we can have a look at it if there's a sign of damage (molten epoxid coating or plastic). That would mean something on the board has been blown up.

Until the real look of the board I would assume the worst case - both the switch and the board have been damaged and need replacement. More probably the board than the switch, though.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Darth Dragon
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -28

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 07:40:46 PM »

I don’t see anything burnt out but my eye is not trained to find it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 05:50:40 PM »

I don't see anything either...I'd say it's the switch then. Try to replace it, and check if the saber turns on again. If that doesn't help...well, then we should also check the BuckPuck (which looks fine at first glance, though - but you never know what happened inside) and the LED module. Normally, if something burns, the part(s) affected have that biting smell of burned electronics/plastic, so that would be a good way to locate the faulty part.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: