Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Author Topic: Is anyone too old to play with lightsabers?  (Read 19958 times)
JoleeBindo
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 18

Light side points only, please.

« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2021, 02:09:57 PM »

Take it from the resident cranky old Jedi outcast.............THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO OLD. 

You're still very young. Like half the age of the vast majority of this forum, so what you should be doing is more pushups, more bodyweight squats, and at least 100 good strikes with each arm, with your saber, per night.  Go look up 100 Day pell challenge on youtube.  Do this.  Then challenge whoever said this after a month or two. They'll be quite surprised at how adroit your strikes suddenly are.  This is from personal experience.

"But from now on, you can just think of me as any other non-Jedi in our little group — with a lightsaber. And Force powers."

JoleeBindo
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2021, 02:27:07 PM »

"But from now on, you can just think of me as any other non-Jedi in our little group — with a lightsaber. And Force powers."

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2787

Grey Assassin

« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2021, 04:02:57 PM »

One is never too old for anything as long as you enjoy it

Jedi_Phoenix
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 223

Light side points preferred if I earn them....

« Reply #78 on: February 19, 2021, 12:02:45 AM »

Too old?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

I'll be 45 next month; give me a flashlight with a strong enough beam and I'll even pretend that's a lightsaber, never mind the genuine articles.   Hell, my mother is in her mid-70s, and SHE'LL play with one if you give her one.

If collecting them and playing with them brings you joy, don't deny yourself.   Live your best life.

Doing the best I can with what I've got...

PERSONAL ARSENAL:
The Fallen - Tri-cree Silver
Initiate V2 - Guardian Blue
Apprentice V4 - Fire Orange
Apprentice LE V5 - Blazing Red
Shock - Consular Green
Frankensaber "Emerald Fury" - Consular Green w/ Silver flash
Emperor's Hand - Violet Amethyst w/ silver flash
The Guardian - Guardian Blue w/ silver flash

FAMILY SABERS:
Aeon LE v5 - Tri-cree Guardian Blue
Archon v2.1 - Tri-cree Consular Green
Savior - Violet Amethyst
Manticore - Tri-cree Blazing Red
Princess (golden) - Violet Amethyst

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2021, 12:26:11 AM »

Let me share my opinion. Get rid of anyone who says you are too old to enjoy anything you enjoy, you don't need that kind of negativity.

I'd seriously agree (up to a point) with what everyone has said about not letting others dictate terms or shame a person about their own life especially once they are an adult (if they are arguably just enjoying a hobby with no wrongdoing involved for sure) but I will say one thing I didn't see anyone mention... If the person(s) who threw those judgements your way initially were your parents, grandparents, or a spouse... I guess you have to gauge your reaction for yourself, whilst debating a measured response. I mean if someone is choosing their lightsaber over their parents, or marriage; well that's some Jedi/Sith level totality of commitment there. So just making sure lightsabers aren't inadvertently homewrecking. But hey, who wants to be shackled to/controlled by people that judgy if you're an adult anyway? So I can see the logic there in it's own right, I'm just laughing a little hard at the thought "forget you mee maw! I'm a grown up and wont have you sassing me about my lightsaber, my online friends said so!" Because that may be a little more Dark Side an outcome than was generally intended? I will always be an advocate of doing things your own way, and with spirit, but sometimes that does mean accepting some people simply won't get it.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

JoleeBindo
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2021, 03:48:57 AM »

I'd seriously agree (up to a point) with what everyone has said about not letting others dictate terms or shame a person about their own life especially once they are an adult (if they are arguably just enjoying a hobby with no wrongdoing involved for sure) but I will say one thing I didn't see anyone mention... If the person(s) who threw those judgements your way initially were your parents, grandparents, or a spouse... I guess you have to gauge your reaction for yourself, whilst debating a measured response. I mean if someone is choosing their lightsaber over their parents, or marriage; well that's some Jedi/Sith level totality of commitment there. So just making sure lightsabers aren't inadvertently homewrecking. But hey, who wants to be shackled to/controlled by people that judgy if you're an adult anyway? So I can see the logic there in it's own right, I'm just laughing a little hard at the thought "forget you mee maw! I'm a grown up and wont have you sassing me about my lightsaber, my online friends said so!" Because that may be a little more Dark Side an outcome than was generally intended? I will always be an advocate of doing things your own way, and with spirit, but sometimes that does mean accepting some people simply won't get it.

You remind me of me, right there, DarthProdigal.  You do me proud, you do me proud....

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #81 on: February 19, 2021, 04:06:41 AM »

Ah, Jolee Bindo. One of the best characters from anything ever.

"Oh, I get it. Let's play with the old man's head, is it? He's half-senile, he'll forget I said anything! Wait, uh, what was this about, anyway?"

As for the topic at hand that got resurrected a while back. No, you're not too old. I'm 42 years old and I still have fun spinning sabers in my apartment, which can be definitely classed as playing with them.

JoleeBindo
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #82 on: February 19, 2021, 04:13:16 AM »

Ah, Jolee Bindo. One of the best characters from anything ever.

"Oh, I get it. Let's play with the old man's head, is it? He's half-senile, he'll forget I said anything! Wait, uh, what was this about, anyway?"

As for the topic at hand that got resurrected a while back. No, you're not too old. I'm 42 years old and I still have fun spinning sabers in my apartment, which can be definitely classed as playing with them.

Heh heh heh.  I love that one.

And you're still not too old for that lightsaber!  My mother came over to the house, picked up my Consular, and started swinging it around.  She's not young......There's a universal appeal to these jumped up flashlights.  I know I've got the bug.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: