Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Adventures (add to this story)  (Read 2264 times)
imperialknight23
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 154

I will remember you brothers and sisters, Always.

« on: October 29, 2011, 08:36:17 PM »

So i wanted to do this before i left.  Maye it will stand the test of time.

This isnt like the RPs in the RP forum.  With all due respect to the RP-ers, this follows a less rigid form of storytelling, there's less pressure to adhere to a story line, and moves much faster.  Its easy to write for one character, but writing for a cast or more is much more exciting. And as you add, you add to a universe that you will be part of.  I've had this idea lurking in the back of my head for a long time, and now i hope it will take off.  And as per my writing style i dont use names, but you should know who you are.  everyone is welcome to use names in their entries, just dont try to encroach on other people's entries.  think of this as an anthology, or a saga, and feel free to use the setting i have.

I was kinda pressed for time on this, but the shorter i make it the better the pacing i think.  Sure there's holes but at least the plot keeps moving
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knight moved westward towards the coast.  The Sith have taken over the world, earth.  It wasn't long ago that Star Wars just seemed like another fandom.  Then fanatics took over and now the Sith rule the world.  Seriously a world ruled with red LED sabers. I dont know why jedi didnt see this coming.  If the sith were to exist in a real world setting, they would rule.  All of the Jedi have been disarmed and gone into hiding.  Pacifism didnt exactly work out for the Jedi.

I walked on foot towards the coast.  The highways are patrolled by the Sith and are subject to searches.  When i arrived i saw that i was in desperate need of new clothes.  I stopped in at the local textile store.  The red-haired attendant looked at me funny.

"How can i help you?" she asked.
"I just need a change of clothes"
"Oh this is just a fabric store"
"Oops my bad, um you know where i can find a place?"

Her eyes widened affixed to my belt.

"You're a Jedi aren't you, i can see your lightsaber"
"Oh crap, just keep it down okay?"
"Don't worry my husband is a Jedi, or was at least, you can take shelter at our place if you're travelling"
"I dont want to impose"
"No its okay, i think it would be nice for my husband to meet other Jedi"

She took me to her little humble house, away from the cities, and from prying eyes.  It looked simple inside and wooden furniture i haven't see in a loooong time.  In a chair at the dining table was a man sitting, with a small glass of scotch and a cigarette in his mouth.  It looked like he was contemplating.  The only thing i could notice was his bionic arms.  Probably the result of resisting the sith during their initial invasion.

"Who is this honey?"  He said
"He is a Jedi, that goes by the name of, uh, i dont think i caught your name."
"For the sake of safety and personal reasons just call me Knight"
"Well if we are concerned about safety call me Sentinel"
"Oh, a Jedi Sentinel then?" I asked
"How do you think we survived this long, we Sentinels dont have our heads in mysticism or swordplay, we deal in practical skills"
"Practicality in this day and age, and in the real world sure do help a lot"  i said.

We had a good meal, one i havent had in a long time.  And afterwards me and Sentinel sat next to the fireplace.

After a long silence he said
"You know it cant stay like this"
"What?" I asked
"The world, we gotta bring it back to the way it was."
"We're just two guys with LED lightsabers"
"Yea and those Sith are no different.  We gotta bring it back to the days where Star Wars was just something we loved, not something thats oppressing us"

He got up and walked over to picture that hung on the wall.  He lightly touched the frame and it revealed a hidden compartment.  In it were 2 silver hilted lightsabers.  He looked upon them as if he were looking upon old friends.  He reverse gripped both of them and turned them on to reveal a bright yellow light.

"Sentinels were sent to seek out threats like this, and i would say that one has presented itself"  he said.
"So its just the two of us then?" I asked
"No we're going to the east coast to a find an enclave that used to exist, that many jedi could not have all been captured or wiped out"

"How are we going to get there?  Its gonna take months on foot, and we cant use traditional travel, because its all monitored by the sith"  I exclaimed
"Let me handle that"  He assured me

We traveled with his wife because quite frankly we didnt know if we were coming back from this one.  She knew her way around a lightsaber as well.  When they raided their first house, there were so many hidden, they managed to keep these 3 concealed.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Flash forward to the arrival on the east coast (someone can write in what ever happened here in the middle)

We arrived in the ruins of a broken and battered New York.  Before the Sith rose to power the New York Jedi was the most prominent lightsaber training academy.  Not to mean it was the only one, just the most prominent and had lots of exposure, thats why i guess it was the easiest target.
We manuvered through the broken streets and through the alleyways.  Sith patrolled periodically for survivors.

We entered the subways to avoid the patrols.
As we walked further down the tracks, i felt something watching us.  I know the Force didn't exist, well not to earth knowledge at least, but if there was ever a time, this was it.

Suddenly Red lightsabers flashed alive all around us.  We were surrounded.  My silver light, sentinel's yellow, and his wife's violet were washed out by all the red. But there behind the red a 2 blue and a green sabers came to life and flanked the sith.  We took the opportunity to fight back.  The one wielding the green saber fought with the elegance of a fencer, makashi as most of have known it.  The blue sabers moved with an efficiency but at the same time ferocity, but never misdirected.  Sentinel used his own un-orthodox style which no doubt was an extension of his stealth skills, and his wife moved with similar movements but limited to Shii-cho.

When the sith were dispatched, we met our rescuers.  We all understood the concerns of safety.  If we knew each other's real names, if one of us caputred we would not have enough information to lead one to the others.  The green wielder went by Consular, and the blue Guardian.

"Imaginative bunch we are" Guardian said
we all chuckled a bit

Guardian and Consular told us they were from the north.  They had no idea of the New York Jedi though.

"We have a small camp set up a few blocks from here, its safe there from patrols"  Consular said.

We traveled to their safe house and caught each other up.

"So where are you all from?" Guardian asked

Guardian was a man of taller stature.  He walked very upright, and had a straightforward-ness to him.  He looked a little gruff, but then again so did we all. 

"We are from the west coast" i said.

"What brings you out here to east, thats quite a long walk" Said Consular

Consular was probably the tallest of us all.  It was quite odd to me how he combated with precision and  grace.

"We're here to rally the Jedi, and put thing back to the way they were.  Balance the force so to speak"  Sentinel said

"Basically return it to something we all loved.  I know back in those days we clamored for all of it to be real, but not like this."  i explained

Consular and Guardian laughed it up

"Why do you laugh?"  i asked
"The jedi are no more.  There's not much a bunch of remnants can do." Consular said
"Then why do you still hold those lightsabers?  I know you dont believe the words you just spoke.  The Jedi are in hiding, and if we all found each other, that must mean there's more!" I clamored

"And suppose you do get this grand gathering of jedi together?  What is your plan to overthrow the Sith?" Guardian asked

"I don't know that the Force exists, but i do know that something will guide us along the way"

To be continued.........by you!

I had a much grander vision for the whole story, but i'm under time constraints.

I hope that everyone writes it from whatever point of view they want.  They can use the current characters, or tell a completely different story that happens in the same events.  Kinda a big collage.  Everyone just builds on each other's stories.  For example someone could write from the viewpoint of Sentinel or Guardian, or even a Sith!  Or someone might be in another part of the USA as a jedi.   The setting is in the future of USA because its familiar to all of us.  That way it can be universal.

May the force be with you all.

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia
Drk Initiate V2 LE AS Redemption
Drk Initiate V3 LE GB Hope
Bellicose DVA AB  Lumineux

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 08:54:29 PM »

Sentinel was happy they had found more Jedi, especially two Master's such as these.

"I think the Sith have grown complacent in their rule, not that they are weak but they are unsuspecting."

Sentinels' wife chimed in, "If we were to gather and rally more Jedi together, we could take them by surprise. They would never see it coming."

Sentinel smiled at his wife, she was a clever woman and Sentinel was blessed to be her husband.

"So where to next brother?"

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 154

I will remember you brothers and sisters, Always.

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 09:16:05 PM »

Think writing in chapters.

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia
Drk Initiate V2 LE AS Redemption
Drk Initiate V3 LE GB Hope
Bellicose DVA AB  Lumineux

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 09:23:32 PM »

Think writing in chapters.

Okay will do next time.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Yega
Dark Sentinel
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -194

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 07:59:34 PM »

He stood looking at the hilts on the wall. There were two of them. He picked one up and looked at it, and examined its details. He remembered how he had gotten it. He was young, and it was his 11th birthday party, getting ready to watch Star Wars episode III at the midnight showing. He had never seen an LED saber before, until that night.
His friends dad told him that if he went down stage and fought his friend with their telescoping sabers, he would get them an LED saber. Excited by the thought, he went down there and fought his friend. He was dressed up as Anakin Skywalker, and the crowd cheered him on, "An-a-kin! An-a-kin! An-a-kin!".
That was a good day he thought as he smiled. He got the saber the following sunday.
He raced home and opened it up, and put in the batteries. His family watched him as he tried to figure out how to turn it on, and then, it ignited..... The loud sound startled him, but the blue light that proceeded from the bottom of the blade to the top, amazed him.

Looking at the hilt, he turned it on. The blue light, now not as vibrant, still turned on like a real saber, and always brought warm memories to his mind........ But that was over now. He set the saber back on its stand on the wall and picked up his new saber. Black in design, three claws that proceeded from the hilt to a few inches down the blade. It was much heavier than his retired saber, and had a menacing feel to it. He turned it on. The quick and high screechy sound started only for a second, and the red blade showed itself. The bright red blade made him feel powerful. He swung it around, and the weight carried much momentum. He had always preferred a strong and fast fighting style. That is what turned him to the dark side.....

He remembered when he was young, fighting his friends back when they didn't even own telescoping sabers. Fighting them with sticks. He was a Jedi then. His friends started to call him Darth Vader for his strong and aggressive fighting style. The feeling of that name stuck with him, and when Episode III came out, he began to turn to the dark side. He liked the name, and liked the character. Not only did he like the fallen Anakin Skywalker, he kinda looked like him. His friends Dad had gotten him Anakins episode III saber by Master Replicas...... That was back in the day when he wished Star Wars was real. He always told himself that if Star Wars were real though, he would not be a Sith...... It just wasn't him. But there he stood, pondering the thought. Star Wars was becoming real now, and he was a Sith. Not just any Sith, but the apprentice of the Emperor, and a Sith council member...

A voice from behind him spoke, "Remembering the days of the Old Republic are we?"

Without turning around he spoke back:
"It wasn't even a republic then, and you know that. It was merely a movie with many fans."

The Voice behind him: "Ahh, but now it is real! After all those years of wishing it was, you have your wish."

"It was something different then though. This is not what I wanted."

"This is what you wanted! Everything you did concerning Star Wars was based off of controlling the galaxy!"

Anger started to stir within him....."No, this is not what I wanted...."

"I assure you, it is...."

"NO! It isn't!"

"Then what did you want..... Darth Yega?"

He stood there, in silence..... thinking about the question......

"Ahhh, no answer have we? Then you must admit, this is what you wanted, is it not?"

"NOOOOOOOOO!!!!" He activated his red lightsaber and turned around and slashed at the voice........but it wasn't there............."

The voice spoke "You have become what you wished was real Yega, don't you see?"

Yega's anger began to leave.... "Yes, I have."

"Good, then you must realize that you can't just forget who you are."

"Why not? If I wish" He was interrupted by the voice

"Because it is your destiny to be who you are now."

The words threw a chill up his spine, and yet gave him comfort... He wanted the Force, but he knew it wasn't real..... That is what he wanted different, because then there would be a purpose to what he was doing, or what he could do.....

"Knock Knock"

A head peaked through the door, "Lord Yega, you have a meeting with the council in 30 minutes. Will you be there?"

He stood there for a second in silence, and nodded, "Yes, I will be there. It is my destiny to be who I have become"

The person somewhat confused, nodded and gave a small smile, then walked out the door.......

Dark Side points are much appreciated.

Kaiden Shardsbane
RP Training Mod
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -245

Inactive Member

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 10:12:42 PM »

Towards the North, in mid-Michigan, a lone man stands on a dirt road, defiant of the Sith patrol that faced him.  He wore a large green cloak, the oversized hood shadowing his face.  The wind catches the hood, lifting it from his head and revealing a black wolf mask covering his face.  He shrugs out of the cloak, and it falls around him, leaving him dressed in a green tunic with orange-yellow edging.  no less than six lightsaber are strapped to his body, most of them nondescript and sleek, but two are larger than the others, one with claws, and the other with a tube trailing from it's pommel.

The Sith draw their sabers, the red glow suffusing their faces.  Sneering behind his mask, the green-clad man draws his own saber and ignites it, the red blade surprising the Sith.

"I told you for the last time!  I'm not a Jedi!"  He shouts, thrusting the crimson blade at them,  "Just leave me alone, I don't wan't any part of this new order!"

The Sith ignore him and charge in, but the man kicks the robe at their faces, rushing in after it and killing them while they are still confused.  Sighing, he deactivates his sabers and tucks them back into their straps.  He then goes about the business of disposing of the Sith.

Several hours later, he is back on the road, traveling determinedly across the peninsula the eastern coast, where his last surviving loved one lived.  His cloak flutters in the breeze some, but he keeps it tucked close, concealing his features.

I'm on my way, love, he thinks grimly, and I'll die before I let them take you from me.

He snarls quietly to himself, and strides faster, his pace revealing how close the primal beast was to emerging within the man.

Star Wars wasn't all lightsabers and mystic factions, stupid Sith.  There are whole worlds of beasts that even the vaunted Vader feared.  Will you really push me until we meet the Hunter face to face?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: