Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Is a different color per soundfont exclusive to Diamond?  (Read 1500 times)
Bluelightsaber
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 51

« on: September 29, 2017, 11:56:40 PM »

Or can you change colors on the fly with Obsidian V4?

Either way, can each soundfont/profile have a different pulse rate or color profile etc?

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 01:04:07 AM »

Only with Diamond and I'm pretty sure yes to the other question.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 05:30:46 PM »

Referring to your second question:

With Diamond yes since the fonts and the colour settings are combined into effects, with Emerald no. Emerald can't change colours on the fly, even with the Obsidian V4. There you have two separate boards and thus no combination of sound and light in one effect.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Randy82103
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 10

Jedi Master Revali

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 02:59:18 AM »

To explicitly answer your second question, yes. Each effect that the Diamond board processes (e.g. idle, swing, stab, etc.) has its own build, so you can pick any sound and color pattern. These patterns repeat in a loop, so you can set the pulses however you like.

For example, you could take the Sith font and modify it so that, when you make the letter Z like Zorro, it stops playing the Sith hum and plays Happy Birthday wile cycling through the colors of the rainbow. Once the Happy Birthday wav file ended, it would return to the idle state and resume the Sith hum (I don't recommend doing this specific thing, because it would likely affect how committed to the Dark Side you looked  Wink ).

Randy82103: Parent, Engineer, Triathlete, Star Wars Fan. My younglings call me Jedi Master Revali. Yes that's a character from Legend of Zelda, and yes I think that's awesome.

Archon v2 - Unstable Guardian Blue (Diamond), Initiate v3 - Tri-AS in CG with 12" blade

We study primarily Shii-cho and Soresu as taught by the TPLA youTube channel. Light-side points please!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: