Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29   Go Down
Author Topic: Star Wars Figures  (Read 114642 times)
Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #330 on: August 26, 2020, 09:22:17 PM »

I gotta be honest, I wish they would have waited for the waited for the rumored airing of Ahsoka in Mando, and then used a younger image of Rosario as the basis. Unless, they based the face off of Ashley's.

Maybe it's just me, but I think the realism of the face is off putting considering that the character has never been live-action.

I still don't know why there are no rumors around Ashley playing Ahsoka in Live action. I know she's done live action stuff before. Plus she knows the character better than just about everyone, except maybe Filoni. And personally, I think she looks more like Ahsoka than Dawson does. Whatever though. That's just me.

Oh, and it does look like the face is based off of Ashley's to me.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #331 on: August 26, 2020, 11:41:27 PM »

I gotta be honest, I wish they would have waited for the waited for the rumored airing of Ahsoka in Mando, and then used a younger image of Rosario as the basis. Unless, they based the face off of Ashley's.

Maybe it's just me, but I think the realism of the face is off putting considering that the character has never been live-action.

Some others have said that...I think they did an amazing job bringing her likeness into real life so to speak. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #332 on: August 27, 2020, 12:51:19 PM »

I still don't know why there are no rumors around Ashley playing Ahsoka in Live action. I know she's done live action stuff before. Plus she knows the character better than just about everyone, except maybe Filoni. And personally, I think she looks more like Ahsoka than Dawson does. Whatever though. That's just me.

Oh, and it does look like the face is based off of Ashley's to me.
I think it is because Ahsoka's features are distinctly NOT....."Caucasian". They severely changed the look of the character in SWR. That may have been an artistic style decision, considering most of the characters had long features. That version of Ahsoka looked....well....British if I'm being honest about regional characteristics. Plus this

Rosario has features that already look like Ahsoka's. Plus she's a talented actress. I think she'll crush it. Also,...she's 5" taller than Ashley. Fits the character better.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #333 on: August 27, 2020, 02:19:24 PM »

I think it is because Ahsoka's features are distinctly NOT....."Caucasian". They severely changed the look of the character in SWR. That may have been an artistic style decision, considering most of the characters had long features. That version of Ahsoka looked....well....British if I'm being honest about regional characteristics. Plus this

Rosario has features that already look like Ahsoka's. Plus she's a talented actress. I think she'll crush it. Also,...she's 5" taller than Ashley. Fits the character better.

For adult Ahsoka, Rosario is the best bet.  Ashley's features better fit younger Ahsoka....as evidenced by the time she did cosplay as her.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #334 on: September 06, 2020, 02:55:58 PM »

Finally got me a 40th Empire Vader coming in, will get pics and comparison pics to older figures and with the cave of evil set Vader as well =]

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #335 on: September 09, 2020, 08:34:32 PM »

Darth Nihilus figure up for pre order

https://www.gamestop.com/toys-collectibles/collectibles/figures/products/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-darth-nihilus-the-black-series-action-figure-only-at-gamestop/11103309.html

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #336 on: September 11, 2020, 05:41:10 AM »

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #337 on: September 19, 2020, 02:00:21 AM »

delete

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

« Reply #338 on: September 19, 2020, 02:03:12 AM »

Damn hot toys just wants all money..

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #339 on: September 19, 2020, 06:14:31 PM »

My 40th Empire Vader figure is running a few days late so, not sure when it'll get in. Its really annoying though x.x My Empire figure set is pretty much complete though =] Just waiting to get me a few Clone figures, planning on the Kaminoan Clone, the Clone leutinent and the phase 1 Clone figures, might get a few others too if I can though for some cool what if pics Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

MVHI JEDI
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 115

"Sometimes I amaze even MYSELF."

« Reply #340 on: September 27, 2020, 08:07:01 PM »

I had SO MANY Star Wars figures when I was little.  I was born in '76, and my uncle bought me a new figure every week from the first movie all the way through ROTJ.  I had to have hundreds of figures, some never opened.  Some got lost, some got broken, most got sold, only a few survived the equivalent of my childhood order 66.  I wish I still had them all!!!  Not to mention all the vehicles and playsets... OMG.

LIGHT SIDE POINTS APPRECIATED WHEN EARNED.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #341 on: December 31, 2020, 09:54:42 PM »

Got myself the old amazon Black Series Stormtrooper figure set, they get in next week =] I just wasn't having any luck finding the newer figures so x.x That was my next best thing since they still have them. I'll get some cool pics up once the new figures gets in

DarthProdigal
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -203

Korriban Armory Chief, Sith Mage, Hybrid Sith...

« Reply #342 on: January 01, 2021, 03:24:40 AM »

I had SO MANY Star Wars figures when I was little.  I was born in '76, and my uncle bought me a new figure every week from the first movie all the way through ROTJ.  I had to have hundreds of figures, some never opened.  Some got lost, some got broken, most got sold, only a few survived the equivalent of my childhood order 66.  I wish I still had them all!!!  Not to mention all the vehicles and playsets... OMG.
LMFAO childhood order 66... I can only wonder if you handed down the order (purposively as you got older or unintentionally through apathy) or if it was a directive handed down from parentals/moving related? But I feel your pain, I had SO MANY action figures and collectables I was anal retentive about keeping nice/wholly unopened to maintain value. Only to have them taken from me, I would eviscerate those responsible today if possible... the net worth of all that was easily thousands but the sentimental value alone was beyond compare, especially adding in trading cards. If only I could go back.

Dark Lords of the Sith have ruled collectively and individually for Millenia. One afraid to wield a power is ultimately unworthy of it. Ascendancy into the light has an apex, yet descent into the darkness is endless. The Dark Side can give or take anything, based on user strength. I claim the title of Darth Prodigal Dark Lord of the Sith as my own. Through pain, our Code, and right of combat it is mine; and so shall it be defended. Follow Darth Bane's wisdom. (Only Dark Side Points Preferred.)

DarthRondoudou
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -294

Dark Side points preferred when earned, thx.

« Reply #343 on: January 01, 2021, 08:47:30 AM »

I got myself in a frenzie of mandalorians figures. I got some black series :
* Mandalorian Loyalist (Nite Owl)
* Mandalorian Super Commando (Walmart Exclusive 2020)

And I have on the way :
* The armorer
* Din Djarin + child
* heavy infantry mandalorian
* Sabine Wren.

Why am I so weak...

Owned :
* Black Empress Emerald, Fire Orange with Pyrestone Orange FOC
* Spectre Emerald, Sentinel Yellow Adegan Silver FOC
* Guardian GB nickel plated shroud AB FOC
* Initiate LEV5 Blazing red/red illuminated AVswitch
* Dark Initiate LEV5 SRD/green illuminated AVswitch
* Emperor's Hand BVA/VA BH FOC
* 2 x windowed initiate v4 (silver + red)
* Liberator v3 arctic blue
* Dark sentinel LEV5 yellow / Sentinel LEV5 VA
* Dominix VA
* Fallen Azur, LE and Crimson pixel
* Initiate V2 GB
* Sentinel LEV4
* Frankensaber FO
Wishlist :
Menace SE BR x2
Butcher LE AS
Please someone stop m

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #344 on: January 01, 2021, 04:47:13 PM »

Hi everyone,

I didn't get any of the newer figures but I did get some of the classics and a super exclusive one-off figure last year. Mrs Tyeth bought me a twin pack of Maul and Qui-Gon...

And the exclusive one-off figure...

P.S. I must point out the Tyeth figure is NOT available to buy in stores anywhere  Wink Grin

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 29   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: