Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: The Grey  (Read 6307 times)
Seano
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -229

« on: October 01, 2017, 06:06:14 AM »

For my Mystery Box, I received an Initiate V4 with basic sound, windowed emitter, and CG LED with AS FOC.

Whilst it is a nice, sleek looking sabre, it's also a bit bland colour wise, so decided to spruce it up a bit!

I've painted most of the hilt with 6 coats of gloss white (left the pommel end and emitter tip the base aluminium)

Then I covered the activation switch area, and handle grip with some red kangaroo leather,

and then attached the Jedi Symbol pin to the opposite side of the activation switch with hot glue, with it sitting on top of the activation switch bezel

Here it is all lit up!

I'm going to wrap the handle with some black kangaroo leather strips, to give it an old school look.

The idea behind calling it The Grey, is that the red and black elements will represent the dark side, and the white and silver the light side.

Hope you like it!

Ramse Moade the Grey

Current Sabres - Graflex SE in GB & Obsidian V3, Shock in TRI BR (QD's) & Obsidian V3, Customised Dorinian with Diamond Controller, Dark Catalyst in Adegan Silver with Arctic Blue FOC and Obsidian V3 (Customisation WIP)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 06:32:30 AM »

For my Mystery Box, I received an Initiate V4 with basic sound, windowed emitter, and CG LED with AS FOC.

Whilst it is a nice, sleek looking sabre, it's also a bit bland colour wise, so decided to spruce it up a bit!

I've painted most of the hilt with 6 coats of gloss white (left the pommel end and emitter tip the base aluminium)

Then I covered the activation switch area, and handle grip with some red kangaroo leather,

and then attached the Jedi Symbol pin to the opposite side of the activation switch with hot glue, with it sitting on top of the activation switch bezel

Here it is all lit up!

I'm going to wrap the handle with some black kangaroo leather strips, to give it an old school look.

The idea behind calling it The Grey, is that the red and black elements will represent the dark side, and the white and silver the light side.

Hope you like it!

Very cool. Post pics of it once you add the black leather, I think it'll look great with the black on there. I definitely like it though.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 06:39:02 AM »

Wow. Shocked Shocked That is awesome. Can not wait to see the finished product.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Seano
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -229

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 11:05:32 AM »

Just finished with the black kangaroo leather strip wrapping (had to watch the NRL Grand Final first - too bad North Queensland lost, but Melbourne were the best team all year), and here it is -

Ramse Moade the Grey

Current Sabres - Graflex SE in GB & Obsidian V3, Shock in TRI BR (QD's) & Obsidian V3, Customised Dorinian with Diamond Controller, Dark Catalyst in Adegan Silver with Arctic Blue FOC and Obsidian V3 (Customisation WIP)

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 04:57:20 PM »

Just finished with the black kangaroo leather strip wrapping (had to watch the NRL Grand Final first - too bad North Queensland lost, but Melbourne were the best team all year), and here it is -

Beautiful work with this.
Your work makes it an almost entirely new hilt

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 05:11:20 PM »

Very clever idea with the pin.  The paint job turned out really great.  Did you do any sanding and/or priming for the paint beforehand? I love the idea of a "Grey" themed saber. Nice work! Point to you!

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 06:44:12 PM »

Here it is all lit up!

Hope you like it!
Wow Seano, incredible mods!  Absolutely beautiful saber!  To me, it seems reminiscent of an old Republic Jedi Sentinel saber  Smiley

Thanks for sharing!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Mimiaga
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -26

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2017, 08:23:24 PM »

I love this. I'm inspired.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2017, 10:53:39 PM »

Oh yeah, that black finishes the look just perfectly. Very nice.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2017, 05:19:29 PM »

Nice!  That's one of the best Initiate mods I've seen in quite some time.  Thank you for sharing!

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2017, 10:58:26 PM »

That is one beautiful saber!! -1 Point.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Darth Umbrex
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -35

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2017, 02:05:42 PM »

That's a beautiful saber.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2017, 10:16:14 PM »

Very cool and creative!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2017, 12:22:25 AM »

Point to you for the cool looking mod!  Grin

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2017, 12:39:38 AM »

This is really nice work!

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: