Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Help! Accidentally Deleted My Soundfonts  (Read 782 times)
StarKiller101
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: October 01, 2017, 10:26:29 PM »

So I bought a new saber with obsidian v3 sound and accidentally clicked the write to soundboard with no fonts loaded into the banks....Now when I try to load any sounds it says 'connection to the device was lost'....the saber still lights up (with no sound) and connects fine but loses connection when I try to write the sound files back. Any help will be much appreciated!

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 05:15:22 PM »

Have you tried resetting the board, e.g. removing the batteries for several seconds and then putting them back in? Also, make sure they're fully charged when you attempt any change on the sound fonts!

Other possible sources of error are a faulty USB cord or the USB port used. No USB 3, especially in combination with Win 10 - the boards don't like that Wink USB 2 is fine.

A general step-by-step guide for uploading the default font (or any font, actually) is available here:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=28888.0

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

StarKiller101
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 12:26:52 AM »

Yes I took the batteries out for some time and replaced them with fully charged ones, also I have no problems changing sounds on my other sabers with the same computer and usb cord.

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 03:41:39 PM »

Probably a board issue...do you have another computer where you can test it? It sounds weird, but it can be that this particular board "doesn't like" your PC.

Or you can try to un-install the device and do a fresh install of the driver, e.g. power up the saber, connect it and wait until the installation has finished. That might also solve your issue.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

StarKiller101
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 12:56:41 AM »

You were spot on! Switched to a different computer, did full re-install of newest driver and launcher, and Bing. No more issues with the board. Thanks for all your help!

Racona Nova
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 07:21:59 PM »

Great news! Have fun then and if you have any more questions - we're ready Wink

Sig by Master Nero

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: