Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Got my Curved Azure Reaper! (pic/video heavy)  (Read 4172 times)
Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« on: October 03, 2017, 04:07:23 AM »

Hey there folks. I've been meaning to do this sooner and boy do I feel out of practice!  Cheesy

I had the chance to buy the elusive Con exclusive Curved Reaper last March and didn't do it. SIX  l o n g  months later I was given another chance to get one at Salt Lake Comic Con 2017, just over a week ago, and YAS! I did it!

I must say the experience of ordering in person from their booth vs. their website is unique in its own right. It's such a blast to go down the list of specs with them and at the end of the process getting a claim slip with instructions to watch for a text message to know when to come back and pick up your saber, all the while right behind that representative seeing the saber smiths back there building sabers next to a table piled 4 feet high by about 2 feet wide with Mystery Box Sabers. Oh yeah.  We're in Ultra Sabers country now! Just like the regular Reaper, the Curved Reaper is available in Dark, Crimson and Azure, and it was tricky to say the least to figure out which one I wanted. I have a Dark Mantis, and I have a Crimson Scorpion, so hey! the Azure Curved Reaper is the one I settled on, and I could not be more delighted and so, so glad I chose that version. It's sleek, it's cool, it's techy looking, empowering to wield and I'm a computer geek, so the circuitry pattern on the blue is just FANTASTIC!

Here are the specs I chose for my wicked COOL Curved Azure Reaper - I just wanna weep with joy that I have this thing!

-DIAMOND RGBW (I adore the pure WHITE blade on this thing!)
-White Illuminated Silver AV Switch
-Default primary saber font color - Arctic Blue with Pulse to lighter Arctic Blue
-Default primary saber font flash on clash color - Pyrestone Orange
-Covertech Wheel (comes standard)
-UltraEdge Midgrade Blade

Now for some pics - my favorite blade colors with this hilt are Sentinel Yellow, Arctic Blue and Adegan Silver:

Without the shroud a spacer (from TCSS) would be needed for the claw to remain in the lower position, so it ends up in an inverted position instead, or the claw could just be removed (see pic down below) showing the internal view of the emitter):

Here's a view of the MLS LED chamber inside the neck below the emitter:

Fire Orange:

Sentinel Yellow:

Adegan Silver:

Consular Green:

Violet Amethyst:

Emerald Green:

Arctic Blue:

Guardian Blue (although it came across more like violet amethyst on camera):

Blazing Red:

The first phase of going to Pyrestone Orange Flash on Clash from Arctic Blue:

The peak of Pyrestone Orange Flash on Clash:

Pyrestone Orange Flash on Clash phasing out:

I didn't include any MHS emitter/pommel swaps in this review because Lord Canterbury already did such a tremendous job when he reviewed his Dark Reaper. The pictures from that review have been re-captured in this thread:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=35813.0[/b]]http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=35813.0

Lastly, here's a "quick" (in Lord Bladewraith style) 15 minute video review of my take on my new Azure Curved Reaper:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9lIdGY5VsU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9lIdGY5VsU</a>

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 06:04:19 AM »

Wow.   Shocked Shocked Shocked She is a pretty one. I like it, more so with the curve. And I gotta agree, AS does look good on that hilt. Congrats! +Point.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 08:05:17 AM »

Great saber and a nice review! Just a little heads up, if you take off the hand guard (shroud) you don't need a spacer to get the claw where you want it. The emitter is actually two pieces, in the opposite side of the claw you will see two screws, loosen those screws and the top part of the emitter (that the claw is attached to) can be rotated. So you can put the claw in any position you want to. The pommel works the same way. Have fun playing with your new toy!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 08:36:47 AM »

Great saber and a nice review! Just a little heads up, if you take off the hand guard (shroud) you don't need a spacer to get the claw where you want it. The emitter is actually two pieces, in the opposite side of the claw you will see two screws, loosen those screws and the top part of the emitter (that the claw is attached to) can be rotated. So you can put the claw in any position you want to. The pommel works the same way. Have fun playing with your new toy!

Beat me to it Smiley

Congratulations on finally picking this one up LB!

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 05:20:57 PM »

Beautiful. I haven't had a chance to watch the video yet, but I will get to it soon. It goes surprisingly well with the two greens IMO. Such a fantastic saber. Congratulations.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 05:40:43 PM »

Super cool LB!

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 07:08:10 PM »

Beat me to it Smiley

Congratulations on finally picking this one up LB!

Thanks, you two! You know, I discovered those two set screws when I first went to remove the blade, realized what they were for and forgot about it in my video. My brain was running on low power mode I guess, because it didn't occur to me in the least.  Here are a couple of new photos with the shroud removed and the claw in the lower position, and just for kicks I removed the rear claw from the emitter and rotated the emitter 180 degrees. Not a bad look, especially if I found something to cover up the two holes where the claw was:

Beautiful. I haven't had a chance to watch the video yet, but I will get to it soon. It goes surprisingly well with the two greens IMO. Such a fantastic saber. Congratulations.

Super cool LB!

Thanks, buddies! As I mentioned I've been looking forward to getting this, so may have built it up in my mind too much, but as it turned out it exceeded even those expectations. It's a beautiful design and truly a hilt for its namesake.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 08:57:16 PM »

Very nice LB!

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2017, 09:10:02 PM »

Wow.   Shocked Shocked Shocked She is a pretty one. I like it, more so with the curve. And I gotta agree, AS does look good on that hilt. Congrats! +Point.
Well said - it's such a unique saber and like I mentioned, I am crazy about the circuitry design in the hilt, one of the biggest reasons that I was drawn to this hilt, and while I didn't care for the straight version, the angled version definitely nailed it for me.

Very nice LB!
It is indeed that. I almost didn't get diamond, but it just WORKS with ANY freaking color!  I need to check out Bane's Heart and Hot Pink next. Thank you so kindly!

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2017, 09:33:03 PM »

I'm glad you finally got this and in Diamond no less!  Looking forward to seeing this video when I get off work.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2017, 10:04:47 PM »

Well said - it's such a unique saber and like I mentioned, I am crazy about the circuitry design in the hilt, one of the biggest reasons that I was drawn to this hilt, and while I didn't care for the straight version, the angled version definitely nailed it for me.

Now I have to hope they attend a con near me so I can pick myself up a curved reaper. Agreed, straight version does nothing for me but the angled version is something I want.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2017, 10:12:19 PM »

Congrats!

It's certainly an education how well many blade colours just work with the azure color scheme.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2017, 03:01:16 AM »

Definitely prefer the look of this to the various versions of the Mantis.
They NEED to make this more readily available

Thanks for sharing, LB

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2017, 03:48:48 AM »

Excellent video review as always LB!
For me it was useful on many levels since you not only showed the exclusive curved hilt but as haz mentions you show how many colors look with a blue anodized hilt which is of special interest to me for my next planned US purchase.  And also I have been wanting to see the diamond functionality and gesture effects in a more spontaneous fashion like you did.
If I could I would give you 100 points for this, thanks!

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2017, 10:03:24 PM »

Good review LB, point to you my friend.  Grin
 Now you just need a Azure Menace so you can swap parts and make some cool saber combos!  Grin

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Enigma AB; Exile CG w/sd; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: