Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: LSU to WAV file conversion for NBv4  (Read 6993 times)
Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« on: October 04, 2017, 04:26:05 PM »

Ok so I found eerockk's tutorial on WAV to LSU file conversion, but I want to do the reverse and I could not find that.  Does anyone know if there is a similar tutorial for LSU to WAV file conversion?  The goal for me is to get the Dominus Nox soundfonts suitable for an NBv4 soundboard.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Draq
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 12:12:08 AM »

This little program will convert LSU to WAV. Just put it where your LSU files are and run it. It'll do the rest.

https://github.com/leethomason/LSUtoWAV

EvilOttoJr
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -21

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 04:16:56 PM »

This little program will convert LSU to WAV. Just put it where your LSU files are and run it. It'll do the rest.

https://github.com/leethomason/LSUtoWAV

I've found that this program tends to lower the pitch of your resulting .wav files and makes them kinda icky.

Fortunately, the Ultrasabers Launcher can do this much better! Go into the Diamond effects wizard, create a new effect, then click "Add Sound". Select every .lsu sound file from your font (you can do all of them at the same time; the effects wizard will only show 15, but it does load all of them) and hit OK. This will create undistorted .wav files of all your .lsu's in the same directory!

You don't have to save this effect, btw; you're just opening it for the process of conversion.

Current collection:
Emperor's Hand (Diamond, White AV Switch)
Dark Initiate V4 (Arctic Blue) (Mystery Box @RTX)
Dark Apprentice V4 (Silver) (Mystery Box Online)
And some OLD Ultrasabers!
Elder (Orange) (Copper Tube)
Tempest (Red) (PVC curved double-blade, complete hilt rebuild)
Archon V1 (Green) (PVC, hilt needs rebuilt)
Nemesis (Blue) (hilt rebuilt as sink tube)

Wishlist: Prophecy (Diamond), Quick Detach Coupler

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 05:49:36 PM »

I've found that this program tends to lower the pitch of your resulting .wav files and makes them kinda icky.

Fortunately, the Ultrasabers Launcher can do this much better! Go into the Diamond effects wizard, create a new effect, then click "Add Sound". Select every .lsu sound file from your font (you can do all of them at the same time; the effects wizard will only show 15, but it does load all of them) and hit OK. This will create undistorted .wav files of all your .lsu's in the same directory!

You don't have to save this effect, btw; you're just opening it for the process of conversion.

This is helpful, I didn't know that. The LSUtoWAV program incorrectly converts the files to 44kHz

EvilOttoJr
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -21

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 08:32:17 PM »

What does the NBv4 use? The Diamond is my first sound saber so I don't have experience with anything else.

I've been using Freemake Audio Converter to change my .wav files to the right format; there's a tutorial on here to do it in Audacity but it's complicated as hell, you can only o one sound at a time, and half the picture links are Photobucket so they're no good anyway. I might do a new tutorial on that to make life easier for people who want to do that.

Current collection:
Emperor's Hand (Diamond, White AV Switch)
Dark Initiate V4 (Arctic Blue) (Mystery Box @RTX)
Dark Apprentice V4 (Silver) (Mystery Box Online)
And some OLD Ultrasabers!
Elder (Orange) (Copper Tube)
Tempest (Red) (PVC curved double-blade, complete hilt rebuild)
Archon V1 (Green) (PVC, hilt needs rebuilt)
Nemesis (Blue) (hilt rebuilt as sink tube)

Wishlist: Prophecy (Diamond), Quick Detach Coupler

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 09:56:05 PM »

Good tip EvilOtto, going to have to try it this weekend.   NBv4 uses wav but they need to be 22kHZ

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: