Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Swinging lightsabers in your neighborhood  (Read 1942 times)
HeartbreakOne
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 19

« on: October 07, 2017, 01:55:20 AM »

If you have neighbors nearby or adjacent to your front or back yard, and you're by yourself doing twirling tricks or swinging the saber like as if you were pretending to fight someone, do you ever mind what the neighbors think? Do you care about being 'weird' outside on the yard as a starwars fan?

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 03:34:04 AM »

None of my neighbors can see me, but I wouldn't care anyways.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Vivectius
Dark Liberator of Lost Posts
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -719

I always feel like he’s judging my posts.

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 03:37:11 AM »

Nope. Most of the time, if I practice outside, it's in my back yard, though several houses around can probably see what I'm doing. I do also go jogging with them after dark, usually just a single saber but occasionally a double bladed one. I'm sure people have seen/noticed/wondered, but no one has said anything. I do have the volume muted on my sound sabers though.

You only live once. Wrong.
You only die once.  You live every moment of your life.
The question is, are you alive, and living your life? Or just here, and watching your life go by?
------------------------------------------------------------------
I am the bone of my sword
 Steel is my body and fire is my blood
 I have created over a thousand blades
 Unknown to death
 Nor known to life
 Have withstood pain to create many weapons
 Yet those hands will never hold anything
 So, as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works.

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 04:16:34 AM »

I went for walks and practiced. I used the parking lot of a school nearby. I was nearly attacked by some drunkards that lived across the street. The so called "normal" people don't like individuality that calls attention to anything fun they can't take away.

My yard is not private. It's been a while since I've practiced. Whenever the neighbors 3 houses down have their loud night time parties, I'm tempted to blast Star Wars music and start up again. But, again, drunkards. (No offense if you drink. It just doesn't excuse insults and violence. Antisocial drinking.)

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

HeartbreakOne
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 19

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2017, 06:30:10 AM »

Nope. Most of the time, if I practice outside, it's in my back yard, though several houses around can probably see what I'm doing. I do also go jogging with them after dark, usually just a single saber but occasionally a double bladed one. I'm sure people have seen/noticed/wondered, but no one has said anything. I do have the volume muted on my sound sabers though.

WOW. I don't know what to say about that, except that I'm relieved there are some saber enthusiasts out there that have neighbors who don't give a crap about seeing those LED colors waving erratically in the air 😂😉

Noctis
The Luminous Shadow
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 530

Be who you are and say what you feel

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2017, 03:33:44 PM »

If you have neighbors nearby or adjacent to your front or back yard, and you're by yourself doing twirling tricks or swinging the saber like as if you were pretending to fight someone, do you ever mind what the neighbors think? Do you care about being 'weird' outside on the yard as a starwars fan?

Nope. I never care what anything thinks of me for any reason.  They can mind their own damn business.  Wink

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2017, 06:29:29 PM »

Nope. Not at all. I don't like any of my neighbors. They all are very rude. Put up a six foot privacy fence two years ago. They all blast their rap crap with their bass and I swing my lighsaber with sound at 3am. It works out.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2017, 07:12:17 PM »

I live in a rural small town in a cul-de-sac and my back yard is completely fenced in, but my back yard slopes downward, so some can still see what I'm doing. We all pretty much keep to ourselves around these parts, and many of my neighbors are Star Wars fans anyway and those that aren't either will be soon or just ignore me as "silly", but like others have said, not that I have any reservations about doing what I want anyway... you do you, I'll do me.

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 600

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2017, 07:33:37 PM »

Noctis , said it best. I do not care what they think.
  I some times go to a buddy's house who lives along a st highway and many people honk and wave.  Grin
We even had one person almost stop in the middle of the road! Glad they did not get hit. MTFBWY!

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/sd & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/sd an silver foc
 Archon CG w/sd an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/sd an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite sd and AB foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Freebee!)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Franken saber in VA
Wish list: Dark Prophecy BR w/sd, dark cat pommel; Azure Dorinian AB; Dominix LE V2 in BR gift for a friend

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 12:27:30 AM »

I went for walks and practiced. I used the parking lot of a school nearby. I was nearly attacked by some drunkards that lived across the street. The so called "normal" people don't like individuality that calls attention to anything fun they can't take away.

My yard is not private. It's been a while since I've practiced. Whenever the neighbors 3 houses down have their loud night time parties, I'm tempted to blast Star Wars music and start up again. But, again, drunkards. (No offense if you drink. It just doesn't excuse insults and violence. Antisocial drinking.)

The reason I don't practice in my parking lot anymore. Some drunken idiot shouting about how they know ninjitsu and how every movement I was doing was wrong...

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 05:43:21 AM »

I stopped caring what the neighbors think a long time ago...

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 07:01:41 AM »

Here the same ... I really do not care about what my neighbors think about me ... I think that in winter, as the sun goes down early and there are not leafs on the trees, they must see me practicing with my glow sticks  Grin

And i do not care about the one who plays drums, and the one who dance on his roof top ...

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2017, 02:30:27 PM »

You have the strangest ideas in that head of yours.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: