Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian v4 Wiring Question  (Read 954 times)
Zyn
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 63

What do I see? Light... Darkness.... Balance

« on: October 15, 2017, 10:48:44 PM »

So I've got an Obsidian v4 on my Emperor's Hand, and when I first ordered it, I did not get FoC in order to save some money. However, with Storm of Sales this past month and their $10 FoC sale, I couldn't pass up a couple of new colors for my EH with FoC. Now, I dove into it a bit today after researching what leads do what on the board, and it led me to assume since I didn't originally have FoC, that lead would be unused. Now, to my surprise, every lead has a wire attached, however as per the picture below shows, there's a short green wire not attached to anything.

Is this green wire what I need to connect to the FoC lead in order for it to work?

NOTE: I have QD's on this hilt, so I'm wiring up the female end of the QD for FoC (that's the loose black wire in the top of the frame).
DOUBLE NOTE: I know, I'm voiding my warranty, but I prefer to do things like this myself and I assume all the risk that comes with it.

"The protectors of the Balance must stand on the edge of two worlds, accepted by neither, masters of both."

Butcher (Diamond) | Emperor's Hand* (BR) | Lost Gray* (SD) | Sentinel v4* (BR) | Reaper (AB) | D. Initiate (AS) | D. Apprentice LE v4 (SY) | Aeon v4 (CG) (WILLING TO TRADE) | Dark Sentinel/Aeon Staff (FO) | D. Prophecy Build Project (Pending)

Zyn
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 63

What do I see? Light... Darkness.... Balance

« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 01:16:28 PM »

UPDATE: I wired my FoC QD to this unused green wire, and it turned out this was the ticket. Good to know US doesn't just leave a bare terminal on the Obsidian board.

"The protectors of the Balance must stand on the edge of two worlds, accepted by neither, masters of both."

Butcher (Diamond) | Emperor's Hand* (BR) | Lost Gray* (SD) | Sentinel v4* (BR) | Reaper (AB) | D. Initiate (AS) | D. Apprentice LE v4 (SY) | Aeon v4 (CG) (WILLING TO TRADE) | Dark Sentinel/Aeon Staff (FO) | D. Prophecy Build Project (Pending)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: