Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Custom Initiate V4 Wrap  (Read 2588 times)
frankmoses
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 17

Light side points, please

« on: October 18, 2017, 01:37:25 AM »

I just started my first ever lightsaber customization! I followed Bulvoy's tutorial for leather wrapping and I think it turned out great for a first try  Smiley  The recessed grooves on the Initiate are really cool with the wrap, but I think next time I'll try a lighter leather so there's more definition.
I tried to attach a picture but it keeps kicking it back, Is there a file format specific to this site?

"You can‘t force people to be just and decent. Such qualities arise from within – they cannot be forced from without." - Qui-Gon Jinn

That1GrayJedi
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 68

Light Side Points Please

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 01:45:00 AM »

Pictures?

I have studied you, and found nothing but weakness.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 04:35:20 AM »

I just started my first ever lightsaber customization! I followed Bulvoy's tutorial for leather wrapping and I think it turned out great for a first try  Smiley  The recessed grooves on the Initiate are really cool with the wrap, but I think next time I'll try a lighter leather so there's more definition.
I tried to attach a picture but it keeps kicking it back, Is there a file format specific to this site?

There is not. Most people use Imgur or Flickr to post pics. Hope you figure it out.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

frankmoses
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 08:43:44 PM »

https://imgur.com/a/CQW8z

"You can‘t force people to be just and decent. Such qualities arise from within – they cannot be forced from without." - Qui-Gon Jinn

That1GrayJedi
Knight Ensign

Light Side Points Please

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2017, 09:00:31 PM »

Here you go Smiley

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 12:01:42 AM »

Great job for your first wrap!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2017, 02:25:15 AM »

Nice. I like the look of the blue guarded switch with the brown wrap.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 02:30:26 AM »

Looks good there

frankmoses
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 08:14:20 PM »

Thanks!!!

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2017, 02:04:30 AM »

Question. Anyone ever try to use heat shrink tubing for saber covering? For Halloween I had dual wielded 2 basic stunt sabers and by the end of the night, my hands were sore since the sabers were very, very cold to the touch.

I just wanted someone elses' thoughts on this.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

That1GrayJedi
Knight Ensign

Light Side Points Please

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2017, 02:08:29 AM »

Question. Anyone ever try to use heat shrink tubing for saber covering? For Halloween I had dual wielded 2 basic stunt sabers and by the end of the night, my hands were sore since the sabers were very, very cold to the touch.

Thats Huge heatshrink lol... electric tape, or athletic tape  could work also.

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2017, 02:09:56 AM »

Dont see why this can't work, it would provide a definite barrier between the metal and your hands, but wouldn't a good pair of gloves do the same?  Im not trying to be difficult, just offering a different point of view.  You can always try it and showcase the final product.  If this works out for you and it actually acts as an insulator that would be great.  

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

That1GrayJedi
Knight Ensign

Light Side Points Please

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2017, 03:56:26 AM »

Dont see why this can't work, it would provide a definite barrier between the metal and your hands, but wouldn't a good pair of gloves do the same?  Im not trying to be difficult, just offering a different point of view.  You can always try it and showcase the final product.  If this works out for you and it actually acts as an insulator that would be great.  

It would be hard to hold onto the hilt while spinning with gloves, in my opinion.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2017, 03:58:19 AM »

Someone actually did this on perhaps an Initiate v3 ?  I think the heat shrink was a blue color and it looked okay... but a bit like a plastic sausage wrap.  I don't think that it eventually ended up being that stable.  Photo likely lost to photo bucket lol.  Smiley

An easy wrap with simple removal is tennis racquet grip wrap which comes in many colors and designs.  Some are slightly more thicker or padded than other brands.

chalion
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 279

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2017, 10:26:22 PM »

I've got the shrink tubing (1.25 inch type). When I do this, i'll see about creating a new thread instead of keeping hyjacking someone elses to post pictures into. I've got a blank initiate v4 (no electronics, no buttons) to play around with.

26 diamond lightsaber and counting

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: