Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Help choosing blade length.  (Read 3060 times)
Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2017, 12:32:13 PM »

Nope.. not that I got it to do any kind of spinning or anything but no problem at all. Hilt is 12.25" long too. And I'm shorter than you.

TBH, when I was researching topics about this from all sorts of forums and YouTube videos, it seemed almost like people were all getting 32" blades because of a bandwagon effect. Not that I don't see why people would want a shorter blade, everyone has preferences, but I think part of it was surely a bandwagon effect. I will still get a 32" and/or 24" in the future just to have fun but to me I've always wanted the longest lightsaber possible to be like the movies. A couple inches go into the hilt too.

I'm inclined to agree, although one perk of a shorter blade is that it's brighter (since the light doesn't need to travel as far).  Overall, for spinning in particular, I prefer a little bit of weight in the blade.  Apart from that, I'm 6'2" (188cm), so the longer blade looks more appropriate for my height.

Plus, from a sparring point of view, you're not giving up the extra reach!

Darth_Doge
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2017, 02:09:44 AM »

OK thanks for the help everyone it seems like I'm probably going to go for the 32" blade. This would be a decent length for spinning and tricks, but also a good length for sparring. Thank you all for the feed back, it has been unspeakably helpful (I was execting to get maybe one or two comments from a**holes but thankfully that hasn't happened). Grin

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2017, 03:33:21 AM »

Well, you actually had a very good question, and one that is subject to personal preference, so it isn't surprising that you were given good answers in a short amount of time. Hope you like your new saber (and blade), and feel free to ask any more questions that you have.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

skribs
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 151

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2017, 04:05:18 PM »

Keep in mind that the hilt will weigh more than the blade, so while you can get a good sense of the length of the saber using a single piece of wood or pvc pipe, you won't get a sense of the balance.  It will also matter if you're getting a stunt saber vs. a saber with sound, as adding a speaker and some chips will increase the weight of the hilt as well.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: