Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: For Apprentice and Initiate owners: post your sabers here!  (Read 7960 times)
HeartbreakOne
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 19

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2017, 03:12:52 PM »

That would be me, JR  Wink

Actually, US initiate level hilts are all very good and solid hilts. My first two sabers were and are still US Dark Apprentice V4s  Smiley The initate V4 is very ergonomic and the Aeon V2 is wonderfully slim.

As Taegin Roan put it so nicely, they are simple and inexpensive, which I would agree is US's finest, in the arena of durability and ease of use. Simple can be a good thing, as can "cheap" when indicating low cost.

As for this, I can't deny that I've paid over $250 for several empty ROTJ hilts  Grin and even those were from large runs. If I had a hilt custom machined for me, with an electronics install (though, I do my own installs  Tongue ), I'd expect it to get very expensive for the work. But, to each their own  Smiley

Shut up

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2017, 03:33:51 PM »

So he is implying the cheapest sabers in US like the Initiate, Apprentice, and Aeon are not good sabers? My Apprentice V4 holds up so well, and the design is perfect.

Not sure what he was implying, but the Apprentice and Initiate hilts are some of US's Finest, even if they are simple, and lower-priced (though I hesitate to say cheap).

Agreed.  While some of the saber hilts may be a simple(r) design, they are still an incredible product.  Everyone's entitled their opinion but the value that US gives in their sabers is amazing IMO.

Okay, joining in on this.
My original saber purchase here was a pair of Dark Initiate LE V4s

As well as the Apprentice that I picked up from a grab bag.
It's picked up some mod work along the way.
This pick is pre mod-work

I love the dual VA blades TJ^^  I'd love to see the modded finished product  Wink

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2017, 03:41:42 PM »

Agreed.  While some of the saber hilts may be a simple(r) design, they are still an incredible product.  Everyone's entitled their opinion but the value that US gives in their sabers is amazing IMO.

I agree, my two V4s have lasted me the past two years of rigorous dueling and are work horses. A ridiculously good value given the current price to lifespan ratio.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2017, 05:33:38 PM »

Buddy..

I was in this Facebook group for custom lightsabers, and there was this one guy that said something to me like "If you want a cheap ass simple hilt, then get a cheap ass hilt from US."

So he is implying the cheapest sabers in US like the Initiate, Apprentice, and Aeon are not good sabers? My Apprentice V4 holds up so well, and the design is perfect.

I've seen a few people with this opinion.  The funny thing is, if you strip away the arrogant tone, their appraisal is correct - basic hilts like the Apprentice or Aeon are indeed inexpensive!  They're simple too, which is what allows them to keep the cost so low, but I find this to be a huge perk.  For one thing, they're extremely practical for combat or spinning, and for another they allow for a TON of customization.

Still, you're going to encounter people with very aggressive attitudes and strong opinions in this hobby.  If a saber works for you, it works for you, period.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2017, 07:18:38 PM »

Finally got batteries into all of them! Ok so here is my lineup of Ini's and Apprentice's 

Left to right:
Initiate v4 in AS
Ladies Rage: Dark Initiate v4 in BR w/ Obsidian v4 and Bellicose Short Grooves Pommel (my workhorse saber)
Dark Initiate LE v4 in GB w/ Bellicose Pommel
Dark Initiate LE v4 in BH w/ Obsidian v4 and Bellicose Short Grooves Pommel
And lastly a sneak peak at a mod I’m working on simply known as Sara’s Saber… Initiate v4 in VA. This is a gift for a friend.

At the bottom: Dark Apprentice LE v4 staff in BR

All my sabers also have custom made Kyber crystal blade plugs (except the staff, haven’t gotten around to making a matched set for that Roll Eyes )

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2017, 08:09:54 PM »

That's quite the arrangement. I dig the crystal blade plugs especially

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2017, 08:20:41 PM »

That's quite the arrangement. I dig the crystal blade plugs especially
Thank you! Yeah they are shiny and fun to make  Grin

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2017, 08:21:17 PM »

Great looking group of sabers!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2017, 03:37:38 AM »

And to stay on topic, that initiate pair looks great, TR. Isn't that "Apprentice" a Sentinel, considering the longer neck? They're both my favorite hilts. I don't have a good picture on hand of my V4s, but my signature photo should suffice for now Roll Eyes
Yep, I accidentally grabbed a pic of the AB bladed Sentinel instead of the CG bladed Apprentice
My bad.

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2017, 03:41:09 AM »

I love the dual VA blades TJ^^  I'd love to see the modded finished product  Wink

The fully modded versions of most of my blades are in the 'my collection" thread
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=35972.0

I've since changed up the Dark Shock a little, as well as the Initiate staff, and added a modded Consular to the mix.
The Apprentice is the first CG blade in the lit pic

Galvatrix98
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -47

Unaffiliated. DS points preferred

« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2017, 12:55:48 AM »

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

Owned: 
Dark Initiate v3 | Dominix LE v4
Overlord | Aeon v2
Fulcrum
Dominix v5
Monarch
Bane | Phantasm Initiate v3

Wishlist:
Sentinel LE v5
Manticore

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2017, 01:03:01 AM »

Pics like this threaten to change my mind about illuminated AV switches. On some sabers, they just look so good. Grin

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Galvatrix98
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -47

Unaffiliated. DS points preferred

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2017, 01:15:23 AM »

Pics like this threaten to change my mind about illuminated AV switches. On some sabers, they just look so good. Grin
True lol. I think it depends on the color as well. Green light on black hilts and blue light on silver hilts look really good imo, both for blade and AV switch color.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

Owned: 
Dark Initiate v3 | Dominix LE v4
Overlord | Aeon v2
Fulcrum
Dominix v5
Monarch
Bane | Phantasm Initiate v3

Wishlist:
Sentinel LE v5
Manticore

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print