Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Hit sound sensitivity  (Read 1029 times)
HeartbreakOne
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 19

« on: October 20, 2017, 05:19:20 PM »

I notice with the Obsidian Lite soundboard, it takes a lot more effort to clash the blade and produce hit sounds than the Hasbro or Disney toy sabers. Any reason for this decreased sensitivity?

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 07:03:28 PM »

At a guess I'd say its because the ObLite board is designed with dueling in mind.  Its "expecting" heavy hits as it were, hits that would destroy the Hasbro and Disney toys.  But the expense for that strength is that it takes a little more of an impact to activate the clash.

As I say, that's conjecture on my part though.  The Hasbro toy saber I have handled seemed to clash VERY easily to me, but then my baseline experience was with the Obsidian so...  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

HeartbreakOne
Knight Officer

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 07:15:51 PM »

At a guess I'd say its because the ObLite board is designed with dueling in mind.  Its "expecting" heavy hits as it were, hits that would destroy the Hasbro and Disney toys.  But the expense for that strength is that it takes a little more of an impact to activate the clash.

As I say, that's conjecture on my part though.  The Hasbro toy saber I have handled seemed to clash VERY easily to me, but then my baseline experience was with the Obsidian so...  :-)

Ah, I thought so. I wish they made a feature for these soundboards where you can adjust the impact sensitivity for the clash sound to activate. Unless the Diamond or Emerald chips do that (I don't know much about those two. I only care about their sound & color changing features via computer).

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 07:20:39 PM »

Ah, I thought so. I wish they made a feature for these soundboards where you can adjust the impact sensitivity for the clash sound to activate. Unless the Diamond or Emerald chips do that (I don't know much about those two. I only care about their sound & color changing features via computer).

My Obsidian V4 can be adjusted for sensitivity.  The Lite boards cannot be adjusted at all.  Frankly, though, I always liked the Obsidian base font and settings, I rarely do anything to mine.  I tweak the emerald driver all the time, still looking for the "perfect" sentinel yellow settings.  Ironically, the best looking SY I've ever come up with was a silver LED with an LED filter of straight-up "Yellow".  LOL

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Draq
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 08:36:56 PM »

I thought it was because the board is closer to the pommel than the blade. I don't know where the Hasbro sensors are though.

HeartbreakOne
Knight Officer

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 08:48:16 PM »

I thought it was because the board is closer to the pommel than the blade. I don't know where the Hasbro sensors are though.

Believe it or not, the clash sensors in a Hasbro saber are actually inside the blade, where the LED strip is. The sensors are embedded into the strip. I disassembled a Disney store Yoda ultimate FX saber and removed the blade and its LED strip. I literally just tapped the strip lightly with my finger tip, and the clash sound went off. Very sensitive.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: