Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Do you mind me posting this one story...?  (Read 1584 times)
HeartbreakOne
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 19

« on: October 20, 2017, 08:04:02 PM »

Now I know that this forum is full of Jedis and saber enthusiasts, and they expect a story with Jedis.

But may I post a Jyn Erso x Cassian Andor story? It is my take on if they did survive Scarif. I published this story on Wattpad, FanFiction, and AO3 as well, and the story has gathered quite a following.

But what I'm concerned about is the criticism my story will get, because I know some people in this forum hate Rogue One for whatever reason, and I wouldn't want to post it here if that will be the case.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 08:21:39 PM »

This is a Lightsaber forum, but this tread is specifically for SW Fan Fiction and Art. R1 was a SW story, so there is absolutely nothing wrong with posting it. If you're worried about people getting mad at you for doing a story based off of R1, then don't be. And just remember, that if someone doesn't like something, they don't have to comment on it. Karmack, TheDutchman, Lord_S_Gray and I are about the only ones doing anything here right now, and I know that none of us will hate on your story. There may be aspects we don't like, but we will more than likely enjoy the story just because it's SW. So post away. I look forward to reading it. Grin

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

HeartbreakOne
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 19

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 08:27:37 PM »

This is a Lightsaber forum, but this tread is specifically for SW Fan Fiction and Art. R1 was a SW story, so there is absolutely nothing wrong with posting it. If you're worried about people getting mad at you for doing a story based off of R1, then don't be. And just remember, that if someone doesn't like something, they don't have to comment on it. Karmack, TheDutchman, Lord_S_Gray and I are about the only ones doing anything here right now, and I know that none of us will hate on your story. There may be aspects we don't like, but we will more than likely enjoy the story just because it's SW. So post away. I look forward to reading it. Grin

Cool. My story is still in progress. It has 19 chapters currently. Now, there are several scenes where there are.....mature content. Would this be allowed? I can skip those chapters that have it.

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 08:45:48 PM »

Cool. My story is still in progress. It has 19 chapters currently. Now, there are several scenes where there are.....mature content. Would this be allowed? I can skip those chapters that have it.

As long as it stays within the Forum Rules, it should be fine. If you have doubts, I'd leave it out.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 08:52:37 PM »

Agreed.  Follow the forum guidelines on content, but if it is Star Wars, bring it on!  The premise sounds intriguing!

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 09:21:52 PM »

My friends already said it best: as long as it follows forums guidelines, by all means share  Wink

I would also encourage you to look at the threads written by Karm, TR, and LSG; they are excellent examples of the kind of stories that help to expand our hobby  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: