Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Rogue One: Resurrection  (Read 18145 times)
HeartbreakOne
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 19

« on: October 20, 2017, 08:56:20 PM »

Story analysis: Rogue One sent the Death Star plans to save the galaxy, at the cost of their sad, tragic, inevitable deaths. But, due to a very special artifact, two members survive: Jyn Erso and Cassian Andor. They are given a second chance at their lives. This...is their resurrection. Jyn & Cassian's story continues...

(This also gives you a clue to the origin of my username)

Prologue: Resurrection

Rogue One completed their mission. The plans were successfully sent to the Rebel fleet just above Scarif's orbit, and they were ready to retreat to Yavin 4. However, on the other side of the planet was the Empire's Death Star. Because it was too far away from the Rebel fleet to approach and attack, and because there were too many Imperial air fighters in the vicinity, Admiral Raddus decided for his fleet to retreat. The Death Star's laser beam had incinerated everything and everyone in a 500-mile radius, including Jyn Erso and Cassian Andor. All of Rogue One was wiped out in the blink of an eye.

After what seemed like an eternity, Jyn Erso opened her eyes slowly. She couldn't feel anything nor see anything for a long moment. Jyn eventually opened her eyes and gasped at what she saw. She was "asleep" in bright white light. Jyn sat up quickly and looked around herself. She saw literally nothing but white.

"W-Where am....I!?" Jyn asked herself in great confusion. She stood up on her two feet as she examined herself. She looked as though nothing happened. "Aren't I....dead?" She wondered. She remembered her quick, inevitable death. She didn't want to think about it. Not now. Not ever. But she knew she just granted the galaxy a path to a better future. But then she remembered something: someone was there with her. Right there at the beach. She was embracing him like if there was no tomorrow, which was true. She tried to remember.

It wasn't long before a voice suddenly spoke behind her. A male voice. "Jyn!"

Upon hearing her name being called out, Jyn instantly turned around and gasped at who she saw. Her eyes widened even more. Cassian was standing in front of her with a handsome smile on his face, with no blaster wounds present on his shoulder. Jyn froze for a moment as she attempted to assess everything. She then ran up to him like the speed of lightning, wrapping her arms around him once again.

"CASSIAN!" Jyn exclaimed happily, almost bursting into tears. "I can't believe it's you!" She says, looking up at him her green eyes, smiling up at him.

Cassian smiles back as he hugs her back, embracing the exact same way they did at the beach in Scarif seconds before their death. "I know, Jyn. We're together again."

Suddenly realizing their presence, Jyn pulled away from their embrace and fell silent, looking down at the floor. "But....why are we here? I thought we died?" She asked, trying to think harder. Cassian shrugged his shoulders.

"Maybe it has something to do with the Force." Cassian said.

Those words sparked an idea in Jyn's mind. She suddenly remembered something at the beach. She remembered that she was touching her kyber crystal necklace while she was hugging Cassian just as they had died. Her mother gave her the kyber crystal necklace when she was nine years old. Jyn believed in the kyber crystal's extraordinary power to grant survival, no matter how dangerous the situation was. And Jyn believed in the Force just as her mother had.

Jyn pulled out her kyber crystal necklace from her chest and held it up to her face. She was touching Cassian when she was touching her crystal, nobody else. "I think we're still alive in this afterlife because of my kyber crystal. Does this mean that.....we get a second chance?" She says, looking over to Cassian. Cassian keeps his smile, and chuckles.

"Jyn, whatever fate that lies ahead of us, we accept it. If a second chance is the case, then it is as the Force wills it." Cassian says, smiling at his Sergeant.

Hearing his words, Jyn smiles excitedly and embraces him once more. Eventually, she pulled away with her smile fading. "But....Cassian, what about the others?"

"Hm?" Cassian asks, tilting his head.

"K-2....Chirrut.....Baze.....Bodhi. They're dead...but we're not." Jyn stated her teammates' names. Tears almost burst from her eyes just as she said them. Cassian sighs and puts one hand on her shoulder.

"They are in a better place, Jyn. And they are with us wherever we go. We are Rogue One, no matter what. We are one with the Force, and the Force will be with us." Cassian says, trying to cheer up his closest comrade. Jyn nods silently.

"K-2....well, I can always steal another Imperial security droid and reprogram it." Cassian jokes, making Jyn chuckle in response and smile up at him.

Suddenly, an orange glow appeared behind the two Rebels. They turned around to see a shiny golden door in front of them. Jyn and Cassian look at each other in curiosity. Jyn noticed her kyber crystal was glowing bright white in her hand. "Our second chance..." She whispers.

Cassian pats her back. "We'll take it, Jyn. The other may not have it, but we do. It's what they would've wanted for us, Jyn. We represent them. And I guarantee you, it will make them happier the more we live it."

Jyn looks up at her Captain, gazing into his brown eyes. "I hope so."

"Your mother would've wanted it. And your father would've wanted it too." Cassian smiles, and Jyn nodded happily at those words. It was at that moment she brought his face to hers and brought her lips to his. Their lips locked deeply for a very long moment. It was that moment they knew they were to be together from that point on to the infinity of time.

"Well then.....looks like we got a life to return to. Shall we, Captain?" Jyn asks happily.

Cassian chuckles and holds her hand, with her kyber crystal necklace in-between their locked hands. They walked closer to the golden door together, with Jyn leaning her head against Cassian's arm. They smiled as they walked. The closer they got to the golden door, the more visible a vision of a young man in tan desert robes became in their minds. The vision showed a young man named Luke Skywalker inside the briefing room of their base at Yavin 4, where they were just at the previous day. Skywalker was with other Rebel pilots, and Mon Mothma was explaining the Rebel air squadron strike on the Death Star's trench.

Jyn and Cassian both smiled at their visions, as they realized that was the result of their success in sending the Death Star schematics to the Rebellion in time. They were proud of themselves for carving a pathway to victory for the Rebellion, and shaving one less victory off the Empire's list. They had just seen a vision of the man who will destroy the lethal weapon they had feared all because of their sacrifice.

Jyn held tightly on Cassian's hand. He was her Cassian. He was her Captain. She was his Sergeant. Nothing will separate them ever again; even death will never do them part, for they were bonded with the Force and it kept them together spiritually.

"For Rogue One, Captain?" Jyn says, smiling up at him.

Cassian smiles back down at her and nods. "For Rogue One, Jyn. Always for Rogue One."

With those words said, they open the golden door and step through it. The bright white light fades away behind them, and they randomly enter the front of the Erso House on planet Lah'mu to continue their lives with their second chance the kyber crystal had granted them.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 10:07:24 PM »

An interesting beginning.  Nice touch, using her kyber crystal as the impetus of the resurrection.  :-)  Now...  When and where exactly do these two emerge?   What adventure will they embark on?  How will they use this second chance they've been granted?

A good hook!  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

HeartbreakOne
Knight Officer

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 10:27:19 PM »

An interesting beginning.  Nice touch, using her kyber crystal as the impetus of the resurrection.  :-)  Now...  When and where exactly do these two emerge?   What adventure will they embark on?  How will they use this second chance they've been granted?

A good hook!  :-)

This story is full of surprises Wink I'll update this thread with the next chapter later.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 02:25:24 AM »

HB1, very enjoyable!  I actually did like Rogue1 and, as such, was saddened by their deaths (even though their actions acted as harbinger for the end of the Empire).  First off: excellent exposition and reasoning for their resurrection!  The kyber necklace as a McGuffin was believable and well done!  After all: the Force allows for A LOT of metaphysical interpretations; yours is one that I would never have considered  Smiley. Not only an interesting premise but one that is plausible in the SW universe.  I can't wait to read more  Cheesy

Until next installment friends  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

HeartbreakOne
Knight Officer

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 03:17:22 AM »

HB1, very enjoyable!  I actually did like Rogue1 and, as such, was saddened by their deaths (even though their actions acted as harbinger for the end of the Empire).  First off: excellent exposition and reasoning for their resurrection!  The kyber necklace as a McGuffin was believable and well done!  After all: the Force allows for A LOT of metaphysical interpretations; yours is one that I would never have considered  Smiley. Not only an interesting premise but one that is plausible in the SW universe.  I can't wait to read more  Cheesy

Until next installment friends  Smiley

Thank you! You may understand why I chose my username.

I actually have the current 19 chapters on standby. I can copy and paste them from my Wattpad account tonight. You guys won't be moving from your chair til those cows come home, because this story is going to rock your world 😏😉

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 03:29:23 AM »

Great intro. Like the others have said, I like how you used the crystal for their "resurrection". Could easily happen. Can't wait to read more. I've been pretty busy lately, so if I don't comment on each one, don't think that I am disliking your story or anything. Just that I probably don't have the time to comment on them. Great start, I cant wait to see what comes next.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

HeartbreakOne
Knight Officer

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 04:11:12 AM »

Chapter 2: Their Living Legacies

It was near early morning when Jyn and Cassian arrived at her late parents' home on planet Lah'mu, where it served as their own moisture farm when Jyn was seven years old. They had just been granted a second chance at their precious lives by Jyn's kyber crystal necklace, and the golden door in the afterlife teleported them instantly right in front of the Erso house. It was usually dark and cloudy on Lah'mu, but on some parts of the planet it was sunny and clear, and this day it was just that. It set the atmospheric mood for the two Rogue One survivors, for they were very happy with their miracle.

Jyn walks the first few steps forward toward her house, which was now rightfully all hers. Everything still looked intact: nothing was damaged nor destroyed. Though there was a terrible memory that Jyn witnessed many years ago: the death of her mother right on the front yard. But it was all behind her now because she wanted to try so hard to forget about it. The pain of losing her parents stuck to her like tar, and she needed to teach herself to let it all go one day. Jyn scans the front yard of her home, then turns to Cassian.

"I-Is this....all real?" Jyn asks softly, placing her hands on Cassian's shoulders and squeezing them, trying to confirm it.

Cassian places his hands on her arms as well and nods. "It really is. Welcome to our second chance."

Jyn then became so happy that she instantly squealed excitedly and happily wrapped her arms around him, embracing him passionately. He did the same, smiling, and they both felt each other's warmth. Cassian looks up to observe the Erso house.

"So this is where you and your family lived? It's nice." Cassian comments after releasing from the hug.

Jyn releases from the hug too and nods happily. "It's OURS." She stressed the last word.

Cassian smiles and places a gentle kiss on her forehead, making her blush and smile excitedly. However, she starts to shiver due to Lah'mu's cold temperatures despite her long-sleeve light jacket and vest. Cassian concludes that it was now the time to enter the house where it would shelter them from the harsh coldness. "Jyn, we should get inside.....and settle." He says in a peculiar way, winking at her.

Before Jyn answers back to him, she remains speechless for a moment, blushing and grinning up at her Captain. Then, she nods. "Yes, sir!"

((()))

Jyn and Cassian settled in her house, where it was warm and safe from the outside environment. It was small and narrow in the Erso house, but it was all Jyn and her parents had. She was thankful for it, and even Cassian was as well. This was the only place she could feel safe from the Empire besides Yavin 4, and she knew she still had the secret hiding spot underground just a quarter mile away. Cassian noticed that Jyn immediately started walking around the house, so he allowed her to check the house, for she missed it so much. He took the opportunity to take a look around as well. He saw photos of Jyn, Galen, and Lyra on a few walls. "They seem like a nice family." Cassian thought. He was glad he didn't choose to pull the trigger in Eadu. He wondered how things might've turned out between he and Jyn if he did kill her father. But, it was all behind them. It was history, and they both accepted the events.

Cassian inspected more of the house until he arrived in her parents' bedroom. Jyn was sitting on her mother's side of the bed, where her eyes were glued to the photo of she & her parents on the wall nearby. She was silent: it was as though she didn't acknowledge Cassian's presence in the room. Though, he didn't want to interrupt her moment of silence, Cassian wanted to be heard by her.

"Jyn?" Cassian calls to her softly.

As Cassian expected, Jyn didn't turn to face him. She kept starig at the family portrait: it was a portrait with Jyn as a little girl wearing Imperial clothing. It was a photo from back in the day when Galen Erso's family was living under the support of the Empire and under Orson Krennic's supervision. Cassian stepped closer to Jyn slowly to see that tears were streaming down her face.

"They were the most amazing people I've ever had...the most amazing people I've ever lived with. And they were just....taken.....away from me. Just like that." Jyn explains in a very soft voice that was almost inaudible to Cassian. "I remember the day Krennic killed my mother...I was left for dead. When I ran away....I didn't know what to do anymore."

Cassian sighs and looks down at the ground.

".....Until I found you." Jyn says expectantly. This causes Cassian to raise his head and shoot her a surprised look.

"Why, Jyn...." Cassian was about to thank her, but she cut him off by turning to him.

"The moment I sent those plans, and we both escaped that tower....it patched up everything in my life. And you are part of that..." Jyn says thru her teary, red eyes. She stands up and stands in front of Cassian to look straight up at him with a desperate face. Cassian looks down at his Sergeant: he was now sympathetic for her. He places both hands on her shoulders.

They gaze into each other's eyes for what seemed like an eternity. It was actually a brief moment later that they immediately press their lips together, kissing each other's warm, soft lips deeply like as if there was no tomorrow...

((()))

The two Rebels were outside in front of Jyn's house in the front yard, lying down on the grass on some sheets. The couple was gazing up into the dark pitch-black night sky, where they watched the bright white stars twinkle. Cassian had setup a small bonfire next to them to keep them warm, for the night was very cold in Lah'mu.

They both watch a comet speed down the dark horizon. Jyn then sighs. "Don't you miss them?"

Cassian looks over at her. "Who? You mean...."

"The rest of Rogue One. Chirrut, Baze, Bodhi, and that walking piece of metal." Jyn answers for him.

Cassian answers immediately. "Yes, of course. Every second of the day. But your crystal only saved the two of us, Jyn."

"Yeah..." Jyn sighs sadly, shifting her eyes to other stars in the sky and hoping to find a constellation. "Cassian?"

"Yes, Jyn?" He asks.

"You see those stars?" Jyn asks when she points to a group of stars making a pattern in the night sky. "There's K-2. That one's Bodhi. That one's Chirrut. That one is Baze. This one is Saw. That one over there is mother. And the one next to it is....father." Jyn says, naming each star with every point.

Cassian smiles at the stars when he notices they make a circular pattern. "They're our family circle of eternity."

"The Force is with them. And with us. And they are with us everywhere we go." Jyn softly declares.

"The stars gaze down at us at night. They are watching us from up there, Jyn. We're their living legacies..." Cassian declares almost quietly as they both turn on their sides to lock with each other's eyes. They gaze at each other for a long moment before wrapping their arms around each other and cuddle into the cold, starry night.

HeartbreakOne
Knight Officer

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2017, 04:19:10 AM »

(In the book Rebel Rising by Beth Revis, Saw Gerrera is the one who burns down the Erso home. But in this story I decided to use it as a setting.)

Chapter 3: His True Kiss

The next day, Cassian opens his eyes slowly; it was very bright in the bedroom. That meant that there was broad daylight outside in Lah'mu. The first thing he remembers is the previous night, where he and Jyn were having their moment together on the front yard gazing up at the stars: their 'friends' and 'family.' He notices Jyn sleeping next to him, with her back turned to him since she was sleeping on her side. Cassian couldn't help but smile at her sleeping figure. She was wearing a pair of white long sleeve sleeping attire. He felt very comfortable just being next to her, and he always wondered why.

Cassian threw aside the blanket and was about to get up, when suddenly he heard shifting blankets behind him. He knew Jyn had awaken, and that she was staring at his back from behind. Unsure as to why, Cassian's lips formed a smile.

"Good morning, Captain Andor." Jyn says in a seductive manner, in which a grin forms on her face through her brunette bed-hair.

Cassian blushes and slowly turns around to see the very woman he cares about most smiling at him and sitting up from the bed. "Good morning, Sergeant Erso."

Jyn chuckles and decides to play along. "Sleep well?"

Cassian shakes his head while smiling, then shrugs his shoulders. "Whenever I am with you."

That made Jyn blush twice as harder than him. "Umm...fancy a breakfast? I think mother left some goods over there in the..uhh...kitchen." Jyn asks Cassian nervously.

Cassian felt that Jyn was nervous because they were together, alone in this part of the planet Lah'mu, and he was completely fine by it. "Why, thank you, Sergeant. It must sound like a delicious one."

Jyn laughs and gets up from the bed to enter her mother's closet to change into whatever was available the last time her mother was alive fifteen years ago. Jyn realizes that her old clothes from when she was seven years old was in her old bedroom, but of course it won't fit her. Jyn was twenty-one years old now, and she decided to take on her mother's clothing.

Cassian checks Galen Erso's closet, finding some jackets, crew pants, and some clothes that appeared to be farmer's clothing. However, there was one piece of clothing in Galen's closet that caught Cassian's eye. It was all gray. It looked formal. It looked superior. It looked like it was meant to be worn by a man of authority. In the corner of closet, hidden behind all of the other clothes, was Galen Erso's Imperial uniform that he wore during his time as the lead scientist of Director Orson Krennic's Death Star project in the Galactic Empire.

Cassian's smile fades the moment he sees it. Given the events that he and Jyn just went through recently, he did not want to think about it now. He shakes off the thought and calls out to Jyn. "Are you okay with me wearing your father's clothes? There's nothing much for me here."

"Of course, Cassian!" Jyn calls back to him while changing.

Cassian grabs a pearl-white long sleeve shirt and green pants from Galen's closet and proceeds to dress himself for the day.

((()))

Jyn was in the kitchen, where she was preparing some breakfast for the two of them. She tried to hurry up to finish making breakfast before Cassian came. But Cassian showed up nevertheless. Right when he entered the kitchen, he stopped in his tracks when he eyed Jyn from head to toe, then back to head. His eyebrows rose in response to what he saw: Jyn was wearing a farmer's attire, very likely her mother's, Lyra's farming dress. It consisted of tan robes with a brown cloak over it and a red sash around her waist. Most noticeably, Jyn's brunette hair was more tidy to give it that worker's look to her overall appearance.

Jyn turns to Cassian. "Breakfast is ready. Cassian...?"

Cassian tries to hide a blush and just smiles slightly. "Yes, of course." It was all Cassian could respond with. No matter how Jyn looked like, he loved her. She is that precious to him.

The two Rebels sit down on the white round table, where they face each other. Cassian couldn't keep his eyes off Jyn. He kept thinking, "Hideous dress, but she is cute..." Jyn wanted to ask him what was the matter since he had this excited expression on his face, but she realized it wouldn't help asking. She proceeds to take a bite of her food, while Cassian does the same, slowly.

After swallowing, Cassian smiles and tilts his head. "So...your mother did a lot of work around here?"

Jyn nods and takes another bite. "Yeah. But she wasn't the only one. Dad helped too, of course."

"I bet it was very quiet..." Cassian mutters just loud enough for Jyn to hear.

"Peaceful, actually." Jyn mentions while sipping from a glass of tea

Cassian nods and winks at her, to which Jyn gives him a funny look. The two continue to eat in silence for the rest of the meal time.

((()))

It was the afternoon, and Jyn decided it was time for them to start working the field of crops outside their homestead. It rained a lot on Lah'mu, and it was the perfect place for their food to grow. That was why Jyn was dressed up in her mother's farming dress. Cassian stood beside her with his hands on his hips and a confused look on his face.

"Cassian...if we're going to live here, we have to really live here." Jyn says while looking up at him.

Cassian frowns and shrugs his shoulders. "What does that mean?"

"We have to work over here besides living in the house. There aren't much people on this planet, so we have to grow and harvest our own food. Mother and father did it every day when I was little." Jyn explains. She notices Cassian looking down at the ground. "It's fine if you don't want to. I'll do the labor."

Cassian immediately looks down at her and shakes his head. "No! No, no no! Of course I'll help you. A man's got to do his duties."

With his mind made up, Jyn smiles at him and she makes a hand gesture behind her. A white service droid appeared. It was an SE-2 service droid, and its main function was farming. Cassian stares at the droid curiously. "What does it do?" Cassian asks.

"It helped mother and father with the farming work back in the day. I am surprised it is still operational after all these years. This is just about the only help we have around here." Jyn declares, patting SE-2.

Cassian shrugs. "Let's get to work, shall we, Sergeant?"

Jyn curls her lips in response before grabbing some harvesting equipment. Cassian was always curious about Jyn. He always wondered how her life was before he arrested her for Rebellion recruitment. He always wondered why she had a sudden change of heart the moment she was being interviewed by him, Mon Mothma, and the other officers that day. Jyn being a former criminal was one thing that Cassian couldn't bear to dwell over, but Jyn living a farmer's life was a totally different thing. It was a surprising fact that got Cassian wondering about Jyn. Considering the fact that he now lives with a woman who is a farmer, was a former criminal, and a Rebel, he was very sure he was in for a challenging life that could possibly be more challenging than his life was from the age of six to his first death.

((()))

It was the early evening. The dark clouds began to settle over the black & green landscapes around the Erso homestead. The sun was setting, and nightfall was about to arrive. The two Rebels got done harvesting all the crops they could, with the help of the Erso's SE-2 farming droid. Jyn was in the kitchen washing the crop, while Cassian limped through the doorways into the kitchen. He was quite exhausted from all the manual labor, despite being a highly trained Rebel Intelligence field Officer. It was then he immediately knew how difficult his new life was going to be, because he would have to farm crops with Jyn all the time. But he didn't mind at all. Jyn 'Stardust' Erso is the only person that matters to him in the entire galaxy, nothing else and no one else. He didn't care what happens to him. He didn't care how hard something will come by in his second chance of life. Cassian Jeron Andor finally figured out his true home. His true home was his true love: Jyn.

"Cassian, I will make our supper in a few minutes-" Jyn says before being cut off by Cassian, who suddenly appears beside her at the sink while she was washing a potato. It startled her.

"Jyn...?" Cassian says in a soft, low voice. He stares down at Jyn directly into her emerald green eyes like as if he wanted to lock feelings through their eyes.

Jyn couldn't help but gaze into Cassian's brown eyes. She wasn't smiling. She just gazed. "C-Cassian?"

They stared at each other for a very long moment. Within that long moment, the only sound that loomed the air around them was the sound of the kitchen sink's water faucet running to wash the potatoes. Cassian decided to break the silence. "I love you. I truly, truly love you..."

Before Jyn could reply, Cassian immediately lunges forward, placing his lips onto her lips, and he kissed her deeply. Though, they were both sweaty with their farming clothes drenched in sweat and particles of soil, Cassian didn't care. Cassian didn't care if his beloved Sergeant was sweaty with untidy wet hair and smelled like the sun outside. Jyn was beautiful in so many ways to Cassian, and that is what made him cherish her.

Cassian finally pulls away from the kiss. When Jyn opens her eyes, she notices that Cassian had no smile on his face, only a stale blank face. Before she could say anything in response to the unexpected kiss & the stale face, Cassian instantly turns around to walk away swiftly into their bedroom without saying a word to her.

It was that moment that Jyn felt her heart sink. She turned to face the sink again, but her actions were halted from her mind's clouded state of shock & confusion. "Does he really love me!?" Jyn thought to herself with jaw slightly open and eyes slightly widened. She remembers that Cassian did kiss her yesterday, but that was because she was crying from reminiscing about her deceased parents. She thought he was being friendly and supportive at that moment. But this kiss felt much different, and it both surprised and concerned her.

Suddenly, Jyn's kyber crystal necklace glows underneath her mother's farming dress. Jyn holds her crystal necklace, keeping it grasped firmly in her hand. All Jyn did was stare down at the running sink in front of her. Jyn's mind was now being clouded with questions. She doesn't know what to feel at the moment. But she now knows one thing: her Captain truly loves her from the bottom of his heart.

HeartbreakOne
Knight Officer

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2017, 05:19:38 AM »

Chapter 4: Heart's Moment of Truth

It was the end of the night. It was silent at dinner, for Jyn and Cassian refused to speak a single word to each other the entire time. To Jyn, it was shocking for her to hear those powerful words being said from her Captain's mouth. That caused Jyn to be in deep thought from dinner all the way to bed time. Jyn wanted to refrain from saying anything to Cassian....

.....until she appeared at her bedroom's doorway.

Noticing that they both were dressed and ready for bed, Jyn saw that Cassian was sitting on his side of the bed. He was mesmerized on a photo of every member of their Rogue One unit taken the day prior to their mission on Scarif. He kept the photo in his wallet, so that he felt that Chirrut, Baze, K-2SO, Bodhi, and Jyn were with him every second of every day. Jyn couldn't keep her eyes off Cassian's back. She didn't smile. She only had a concerned, blank poker face. Her arms were crossed and she was leaning against the door, which meant she wasn't in a content mood, not after what Cassian just declared a couple of hours earlier...

Jyn decides to pluck up the courage and takes a few steps into the bedroom. Her heart raced with every step. She was growing nervous.

"....Why me?" Jyn asks out of nowhere, causing Cassian to look up from his photo and turn around to look at her.

"W....What?" Cassian asks confusingly.

"WHY ME!?" Jyn asks more loudly this time, sounding just about aggressive. This causes Cassian's heart to rise up in his throat and cause the tightening feeling.

"What do you mean?" Cassian asks with furrowed brows.

Jyn frowns. "All of a sudden you say you love me.....why now? After what we've just been through..." She tells Cassian in a soft voice, but it sounds as if she was hurt from the inside.

At that exact moment, Cassian wanted to answer, but he couldn't. He could not find the words. He only shifted his eyes and head to look down at the floor in dismay. Jyn watched him, and she decided to carry on.

"You barely even know me." Jyn mentions, shaking her head slightly. Still, no answer from Cassian.

"You were the one who got me into that whole mess!" Jyn exclaims loudly, startling Cassian. "It was great that we fought in a war and we sent the Death Star plans together and gave peace to the galaxy.....but us....I don't know about us, Cassian."

"What did you think was going to happen? Hm?" Cassian suddenly spoke, surprising Jyn and causing her to blink her eyes.

"What!?" Jyn says, feeling jumped at.

Cassian looks up at her, dead straight into her emerald green eyes. "Even if we did survive Scarif, for real,....how did you think things were going to turn out? I told you three days ago, Jyn......if you completed that mission with us, you were free to go."

There was a moment of silence between them. Jyn keeps her eyes in contact with Cassian's eyes.

"So?" She says.

"Tell me, Jyn. Why did you participate in the mission? Who were you doing it for?" Cassian begins inquiring Jyn.

Jyn blinks her eyes in confusion. "WHAT?" She exclaims loudly after crossing her arms.

"Were you doing it for the Rebellion? Were you doing it for the galaxy? Were you just doing it for your father? Or were you just doing it....." Cassian pauses for a second, then finishes. ".....for me?"

Jyn's jaw drops. She felt offended, and she felt like slapping Cassian for that. "HOW DARE YOU QUESTION ME LIKE THAT!" Jyn yells at her Captain.

"Then what was that hug at the beach!?" Cassian says, raising his voice. Though, he didn't want to raise it too high as to not irritate Jyn further.

"T-that...that was..." Jyn struggles to find an answer.

"That was what!?" Cassian asks.

"I DON'T KNOW!" Jyn yells, clenching her fists. She felt anger pumping through her veins and with every breath. She was giving Cassian a furious look now.

Cassian sighs and looks away again down at the floor.

Jyn sighs as well and shakes her head. She crosses her arms again. "Why are we here, Cassian?"

Cassian shrugs his shoulders. "I-It was meant to be."

"You mean us!?" Jyn exclaims. "You know, Andor, I had every chance to kill you..."

"What?" Cassian says while still not looking at her. He only had a puzzled facial expression.

"You read my file, right?" Jyn says in a serious tone. "I came from a former Imperial family. I'm a farmer. Both of my parents are dead. I was abandoned at fifteen. I grew up around weaponry. I taught myself to fight. I stole Imperial documents. I forged Imperial documents. I've cheated. I've lied. I've been arrested countless times. I was dragged through streets and dirt. I had blasters pointed at me. I've been a prisoner. I was a former criminal. I am a reckless woman, Cassian Andor." Jyn explains. It was that moment that she felt both of her eyes stinging because tears were close to bursting from them, due to the way she described herself. "I'VE BEEN THROUGH HELL, CASSIAN!" Jyn yells angrily despite the tears attempting to burst from her eyes.

Cassian remains silent.

Jyn bites her lips in an attempt to suppress her tears. "And here you come along. You turned me into a Rebel. A criminal turned Rebel. Do you realize who you were with the entire time, Cassian!?" Jyn asks with a raised voice. Tears were at the edge of bursting. Cassian still remains quiet while feeling some shame.

"I'M JUST AS DANGEROUS AS ANY STORMTROOPER IN THE GALAXY! I'M NOT A WOMAN YOU SHOULD BE WITH!" Jyn screams out angrily, with the tears finally bursting from her eyes. The tears dripped down her cheeks like rainfall.

It was that exact moment that Cassian slammed the photo of Rogue One down on his bedside table as hard as he could, and stood up on both feet off from the bed. He pointed at Jyn, and his face now held a very serious expression. "THAT IS NOT TRUE..." He declares with a clear, serious voice.

Jyn looks up at Cassian from the other side of their bedroom through her tears. "Really? Then tell me. Why did we deserve this second chance, and not the others?"

Cassian takes some steps closer to her so that he is now just a few feet from her. "Because I...I wanted it to start perfectly."

Jyn gives Cassian a half furious and half sad facial expression with tears in her eyes and tear trails wet on her cheeks. "IT!? WHAT IS 'IT', CASSIAN!? WHAT IS 'IT' THAT WE ARE!?" She yells at him.

"I may not have trusted you at first, but I judged you well in the end, and I knew you had good heart in you. You know I trust you now." Cassian assures her with a calm tone.

Jyn glares at Cassian. "Yeah....like how you did not trust me with my blaster on day one? Like how you deceived me, and lied to me, about killing MY father. Yeah, talk about trust..."

Cassian shakes his head. "I was ordered to, but I chose not to kill him, Jyn! Remember what you told me? Trust goes both ways." He reminds her.

Jyn looks down at the floor and sniffles. She doesn't attempt to wipe away her tears before looking back up at Cassian. "Why? Why do you love me? Why do you truly love me, out of anyone else in the entire galaxy?" She asks with a calm tone this time.

Cassian thought about it for a moment. It was a good question, Cassian thought. He knew what to say.

"Because....you were meant to be my Stardust." He quietly declares.

Jyn still stares at Cassian through tears, but she remains silent, indicating that she was willing to listen, thus allowing Cassian to continue.

"I lost my family at a very young age. My whole life, I had this void in my soul that I thought would never fill.....until I met you, Jyn." Cassian states, causing Jyn to stare up at him with a more confident face. "You're everything I wished for...and only you can fill that void. Both of us can fill our voids now. We need to fight back this suffering, and move forward TOGETHER."

Jyn glances to the side for a split second, then returns her teary glare to Cassian.

"But-" Jyn begins before being cut off by Cassian.

"Jyn. If Rogue One was here with us right now, this is what they would happily wish for us. There is no shame in that. From up there....they are with us every step of the way, believe it or not. And I'm very sure that your mother and your father would've been so proud of you. They would want the best for their only daughter, their only child."

More tears burst from Jyn's eyes. She tries to blink them away, but the tears were too abundant.

"Only Stardust can fill the hole in my heart..." Cassian declares with the most confident and enthusiastic tone Jyn has ever heard from him. Cassian steps closer to her so that he was standing right in front of her. He looked down at her, and she looked up at him through the tears.

Cassian whispers. "You're my reckless Rebel....you're my Sergeant.....YOU.....are meant to be my true love."

Cassian places his hands on Jyn's shoulders gently. Noticing him do so, she allows him to touch her now that her mood has begun to chill to a much calmer level.

"Because, Jyn Erso, I miss you....I want you....I need you....I love you....." Cassian whispers in her ear.

Jyn's lips began to form a very slight smile as the tears trickle down her face more slowly this time.

"....like crazy." Cassian finishes. He slowly wraps his arms around Jyn the same way he did on the beach in Scarif. It was like that for a very long moment. Then, Jyn wraps her arms around Cassian's waist, signifying that she did indeed trust him after all. She buries her wet, teary face into Cassian's warm chest where she feels his strong heartbeat under his muscular chest. She felt confident in him, and she felt that she could place her faith in him as he placed his faith in her. That sense of compassion and affection came from the Force, and they were one with it.

Jyn spoke with a muffled voice. "....I love you too, Captain."

It was that moment that Jyn 'Stardust' Erso and Cassian Jeron Andor were officially in love.

HeartbreakOne
Knight Officer

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2017, 05:24:23 AM »

Chapter 6: The Beauty Under the Dirt

It felt like an eternity before Cassian opened his eyes slowly. His eyelids felt heavy, but he resisted the urge to fall back asleep because it was now sunny outside and the bedroom filled with bright light through the window curtains. Cassian sits up and rubs his eyes to clear up his vision. The first thing he notices is that he was half-naked: he had no shirt on, but he only had his night slacks on. Then he remembers. "Last night...." Cassian finally recalls to himself in his head.

He heard shifting next to him. Cassian turns to see Jyn finally awake and eyeing him in the eyes. She didn't look tired. She looked ready: ready to start another day with her Captain.

Cassian reaches over to place his hand on top of her hand. She interlocks her fingers with his, and she gently squeezes his hand to express her affection. Jyn and Cassian both give each other a long stare; there is a long moment of silence between them. They admire each other.

"Hello, love." Cassian finally breaks the silence. He smiles and brushes aside some hair off Jyn's forehead.

Jyn doesn't smile. She just stares with her forest green eyes. But, really, she was smiling in the inside. She wasn't really a morning person. "Cassian...." It was all she could mutter out. Cassian then reaches over to place a gentle kiss on Jyn's cheek, making her smile. She did indeed remember what they did last night, and she felt no shame in it. She now wanted to spend the rest of her second chance with Cassian to the fullest. She became motivated the moment Cassian declared his true deep love for her.

Cassian crawled closer to Jyn on the bed, and he lay his head on her shoulder.

An hour and a half later

The two Rebels were sitting down at the table, face-to-face. They were having their breakfast, and it was going smoothly, somewhat. Jyn and Cassian were both exchanging different kinds of smiles and funny faces with each other as they ate.

Though, they were getting nervous due to the looming silence in the Erso house and the constant staring at each other, they nevertheless wanted to get used to being comfortable with each other.

A few minutes passed, and Jyn ordered her SE-2 droid to pick up their dishes off the table. Cassian straightened up in his chair and watched Jyn get up off her chair and walk towards him. He looks up at her and smiles, admiring the dark green shirt she was wearing.

"I need to go check the moisture vaporators outside. Then we'll meet at the field for harvest. One hour." Jyn informs Cassian.

While still sitting on his chair, Cassian shifts his eyes to the floor for a moment. Jyn waits for a response. Then Cassian nods and looks up at her. "Yeah..."

Jyn turns around and is about to walk away when she suddenly feels Cassian grab ahold of her wrist instantly, like the speed of lightning. For a split second it feels uncomfortable because Cassian grips it tightly. Jyn stands there, a little hesitant about the awkward sudden moment. Her wrist was hurting slightly.

"Jyn..." Cassian says in a soft voice. Jyn turns to him with curious eyes.

They look into each other's eyes for a very long moment. Cassian keeps his grasp on his Sergeant's wrist. He keeps her waiting, wondering what he wants to say or what his next move will be. Then in an instant, Cassian pulls down Jyn so that she is sitting right on his laps, coming face-to-face with him. For a second, she is confused, but she then realizes what Cassian wants to do. She felt half scared and half excited. Her breaths became more rapid, her heart rate increased, and her hormone levels shot up to the extreme. She knew he wanted her right now.

Cassian places his hands on Jyn's hips and starts kissing her passionately in the lips. Jyn moans in pleasure because that's exactly what she wants. It was a perfect way to start her day. She wraps her arms around her Captain's neck and reciprocates every single kiss they share on that chair. "Oh, Cassian..." Jyn gasps in between kisses. "....you're my man."

Two hours later

Jyn and Cassian was outside performing the daily labor outside in the fields that the Ersos owned. They dug and collected the crops under the harsh, cold, windy conditions of the lush planet Lah'mu. They were used to it, but they were getting exhausted by the minute from all the excessive hauling.

Jyn, in one of her mother's farming dresses, hands some vegetables to SE-2, which then carries it over to the reservoir in the basement. Jyn wipes the drips of sweat off her face. Her brunette hair was damp and was getting in the way of her eyes, so she strokes her hair aside. Cassian stands up straight to relieve some pressure and stress off his lower back from all the bending down and all the shoveling. He was sweating as well, and his white long sleeve shirt was dirtied from the soil.

Jyn looks over at Cassian and smiles slightly, which Cassian does the same to her in return. However, Cassian couldn't keep his eyes off Jyn. There is sweat and bits of dirt on her face. She looks exhausted and fatigued, and it looks like she can use a day's rest. Despite Jyn looking like a hard-working manual laborer, Cassian thought that Jyn looked beautiful nonetheless. No matter what, Jyn Erso is and will always be beautiful to him.

Cassian approaches Jyn.

"C-Cassian?" Jyn asks, widening her eyes slightly.

Cassian doesn't hesitate to wrap his arms around her and pull her in close to his body. He places those smooth lips of his onto Jyn's soft sweaty lips. She becomes instantly confused just like earlier in the kitchen; she wonders why Cassian was kissing her at a time like this. She is all sweaty, dirty, and she even smells like ground soil at the moment.

But Cassian doesn't care. He loves Jyn in all types of ways. He loves her no matter what. She is everything to him.

Jyn exhales into the kiss and inhales for more air before going along with the kisses. She places her arms around Cassian's waist and continues to kiss him while waiting for SE-2 to return. "What...is.....up....with yo....today?" Jyn says to him in between kisses, but Cassian ignores her question from the barrage of deep kisses.

Cassian knows Jyn is his soul mate forever. She is the beauty hidden underneath the dirt.

((()))

It is a few hours later, and it is close to sunset. The gray clouds start to fade away miles away from the Erso homestead, allowing golden rays of sunset rays to shine at the area where Jyn's house is. It becomes less windy and less cold near the house. It was a long day of hard work for both Jyn and Cassian. After the two Rebels wash up in the shower and dress up in fresh clothes, Jyn decides to take a stroll along the beach a few miles away from her house, and she wants Cassian to come along.

"Cassian, I want to show you the beach over there." Jyn points towards the shore, where the ocean blue waters can be seen from the Erso house.

Though, Cassian hears her question, Jyn saying the word 'beach' reminds him of the moment that somewhat haunt him to this day: their last moments in each other's arms on the Scarif beach.

"Cass?" Jyn tilts her head curiously, wondering what is wrong.

"N-Nothing, Jyn. We can take a look." Cassian finally answers her, smiling in the process. "Anything for you, my Stardust."

Jyn smiles so excitedly that she hugs him firmly.

Cassian follows Jyn to the underground basement of the homestead. He notices it is dark inside. Jyn proceeds into the basement. "What's in here?"

Jyn turns on the lights and reveals a gray two-seater commuting speeder that was parked in the middle of the basement. "This is where my father kept his own personal speeder."

Cassian nods and tilts his head as he admires it. "Nice."

"He liked driving it around with mother. Whenever he was having a hard time with something, he would take this out into the fields. You know, having fun with it." Jyn explains while running her fingers across the speeder's front end.

"Joyride. I like that." Cassian says with a mischievous wink, to which Jyn tilts her head as a sarcastic response.

Jyn grabs the key and hops into the driver's seat, with Cassian hopping into the passenger's seat after her. Jyn inserts the key into the ignition and turns it, causing the engine to start up with a loud revving sound. Upon hearing the vicious-sounding engine, Cassian shifts his eyes over to Jyn. She smiles.

"I can't believe it still works after all these years!" Jyn exclaims. Cassian smiles and pats her shoulder before she shifts the speeder into gear and exits the basement from the ramp leading to the surface.

As soon as they reached the front yard of the Erso house, Jyn pushes down the pedal to the floor as hard as she can, and the speeder zooms off quickly like lightning. The engine roars with gradually increasing notes, and Jyn shifts the gears, eventually having the speeder reach its top speed. The increasingly strong winds gushed against their faces as the speeder hovered above the grass and soil over a stretch of a few miles away from the Erso house.

It wasn't long before they reached the shore of the roaring waves coming from the ocean. Jyn clicks the speeder in park and shuts off the engine before climbing out with Cassian. Cassian holds Jyn's hand, much to Jyn's content, and they walk slowly towards the beach. The winds from the ocean blew across the shoreline. The breeze felt cool to Jyn's and Cassian's faces; it set a tranquil mood for their moment together alone at the Lah'mu beach. It seemed like a long walk, but it wasn't when they arrived right in front of the tides.

The two Rebels look out into the distance, towards the horizon where the ocean met the sky, where it looked as though there was no end to the ocean. The skies were blue & pink, and the golden rays of sunlight shined across the landscape and lit Jyn's and Cassian's faces. They stand there on the sand, together side-by-side, with hands intertwined.

The moment reminds Cassian of the exact moment that they stood at the beach in Scarif, watching death coming at them from miles away. He greatly despised the memory, but it was also a beautiful moment for him and Jyn to be on a beach, this time alive, together. Cassian was very sure that Jyn had the same thought in her mind.

Suddenly, Jyn breaks the silence. "My parents always took me here every weekend." She says. Cassian looks at her, wanting to listen to her go on. "My mother said that it was the only place where they could....be free, you know? From the Empire and such." Jyn recalls the day her mother gave her the kyber crystal necklace when she was seven years old, the day Orson Krennic found her family and killed her mother & kidnapped her father.

Cassian nods. "Yeah. I know what you mean. This place was their....safe haven. The only one, I'm sure of it."

Jyn then looks at him as a wave approaches closely to them. They both sit down on the sand, still holding hands. It was the same way they sat down together at Scarif during their final moments. It was an inevitable death. But now that they were granted a very previous second chance by Jyn's kyber crystal necklace and the Force, it made her very happy to be in this exact same moment again: sitting with Cassian holding hands on a beach. The sunset simulated how the skies looked when the Death Star fired its laser and the blast site on Scarif became an increasing catastrophe of death that very day: orange.

They sit like that for about twenty minutes, before Cassian speaks up.

"Now, we're free." Cassian says in a soft voice, which sounds almost like a whisper.

Jyn looks at Cassian in the eyes. She feels her heart rise to her throat just as he said that. It is true. They are truly free now: truly free to live their moment. Jyn feels like crying, but she holds the tears in.

Jyn and Cassian both rise up on their knees together on the sand, facing each other. Cassian is several inches taller than Jyn, but it is so perfect. They wrap their arms around each other and embrace in what is their most affectionate, most passionate, and most loving hug possible. They embraced each other on their knees the same way they embraced each other on the beach in Scarif moments before their tragic inevitable end. Their hug on Scarif resulted from the mutual feelings that they both understood about each other, and from the heated moment that was their coming end: they were in their last moments, and they were desperate to hold each other to hope that the sending of the Death Star plans worked. Jyn and Cassian can feel a strong, unique power encircling them. Jyn's kyber crystal necklace begins glowing brightly. Jyn then begins to cry: tears roll down her face and onto Cassian's shoulder since her head was resting on it in the hug. The Force recognized their intimate moment, and it worked strongly with them to accompany the feelings of love they had for each other, right there on that sand where they were kneeling and hugging with each other.

It seemed like an eternity before they decided to pull away from the passionate embrace. Jyn looks up into Cassian's eyes with her face & eyes now dry of tears. They stare into each other's eyes for a very long moment, feeling the strong emotional connection between each other. Cassian stands up on his feet, with Jyn standing up after him. Their eyes remain glued to each other. Their eyes were the side-scrolling boards of art that contained all the feelings and memories they have that they could see in each other anytime. Cassian now holds both of Jyn's hands with his hands, holding them closely to his chest. Jyn looks like she is going to cry, but Cassian ignored it because it looks beautiful when she is about to.

Cassian says in a soft voice that sounds almost inaudible. It sounds almost sinister, however. "There....is no Death Star...no Empire....to stop OUR moment now." Cassian then clenches a very tight fist, indicating that he was about to feel angry from the thought of the Death Star's laser canon killing them during their hug on that beach.

Jyn notices. She nods and reaches up to touch his cheek. "I know. It's our moment...now, and forever."

The two Rebels close in for a deep, slow, passionate kiss on the lips in the face of the Lah'mu beach's roaring waves and the golden serene sunset.

HeartbreakOne
Knight Officer

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2017, 05:25:53 AM »

Chapter 7: Going Back

Cassian wakes up in bed and rubs his eyes to clear up his vision. His eyes widen when Jyn is nowhere to be found. The spot next to him is vacant, for the blanket was shifted, indicating that Jyn left bed earlier. "J-Jyn!? Where are you?" Cassian asks himself in his mind. Half worried, Cassian struggles to put some quick clothes on from Galen's closet and starts to walk all around the Erso house looking for his Sergeant.

"Jyn!" Cassian calls out. No answer. "Jyn!" He calls again. Still, silence looms the atmosphere of the small Erso home. Cassian goes to check the kitchen, but no luck.

However, Cassian notices a bright glow from the corner of his eye. It is so eye-catching that he knows exactly what it is. Cassian turns to the kitchen table to see that Jyn had left her kyber crystal necklace there. It glows bright.

"I wonder where she went..." Cassian wonders out loud. He tries to think of where his lover could've gone to on this lush, sparse planet that barely had any habitants. "She couldn't have gone far."

But after a few moments of thinking, Cassian has a slight clue of where she might be. He doesn't really know where exactly she is, but he felt the Force through him, and it gave him a slight clue of where Jyn is. Cassian heads to the basement downstairs and switches on the ceiling light to find that Galen's 2-seater speeder is still parked in there. "I'm coming, Jyn." Cassian mutters to himself as he grabs the keys to the speeder and hops in to start the engine.

Cassian drives by the crop fields, scanning all over for Jyn, but she isn't anywhere to be found. Though, SE-2 was at one of the water vaporators collecting some water, which was good. "Hmm...." Cassian thought. Then, an idea came up in his mind. "The beach!" Cassian blurts out as he turns the speeder around to head towards the beach that they were at the previous day.

Once Cassian arrives at the roaring waves of the sky-blue tides, he hops off the speeder and surveys the entire golden shoreline for the short, brunette twenty one year-old woman that he desperately loved so much. Still, she is nowhere to be found. He only ends up finding the footprints left from their visit yesterday. Cassian sighs and rubs his forehead from worry and frustration. "Jyn...where are you? I need you right now." Cassian mutters in a desperate tone.

But something tells Cassian to look somewhere down west of the Erso home. He can feel it in his heart. He looks up from the ground and into the ocean. "Guide me." Cassian mutters out loud to the Force, before running back to the speeder and taking off in a flash.

As the Intelligence Officer drove west down some green fields, he decides to turn on the radio. He just let it run until there is one topic that greatly caught his attention. So, he listens carefully.

"The Empire's so-called Death Star is still lurking through space and poses as an extremely major threat to every planet and every person in the galaxy. The Rebel Alliance has yet to take action or resolve the issue at hand. Will the Rebellion save us? Or will it fail and watch the whole galaxy blow to pieces? Lives are at stake." The news broadcaster announces on the radio.

Hearing that, Cassian's heart sank. He felt dead. He felt helpless. Although he and his team were able to send the Death Star plans a few days ago, nothing has happened as of now. The Death Star is still active, and it will be any minute before it starts destroying other planets, just like it did to Jedha and Scarif. What greatly terrified Cassian the most is that there could be a possibility that the Death Star could destroy Lah'mu any day if it isn't destroyed in time, and this really worried him. The Erso home was Cassian's safe haven too, and he would hate for his second chance with Jyn to be taken away in the blink of an eye.

"Oh..ggrrhhh..." Cassian chokes. He feels like crying, but he holds it in his throat. He floors the accelerator pedal hard to speed up the speeder towards the location the Force was guiding him to.

Cassian eventually arrives at a rocky ridge that acted as a dead end. He is confused because he is very sure that Jyn is there, but it did not look like the kind of place Jyn would be. Cassian hops out of the speeder and paces around the area with his hands in his pockets. He waits and waits for long moments, but he is persistent.

Suddenly, Cassian hears a subtle noise coming from nearby. It comes from near the pile of rocks in front of him. Cassian squints and focuses his hearing: he hears that a sound is coming from near the rocks but below the ground. It sounds like a voice. "Wait a minute..." Cassian mutters.

He proceeds towards the rocks when suddenly, a rock 'lifts' off the ground and Jyn appears with a brown bag and a glowing object. Cassian's eyes widen in surprise: it appears that Jyn came from underground, and the rock served as its cover in disguise.

"J-JYN!" Cassian yells, with arms out wide. He walks to her.

"Hey Cassian." Jyn greets him, slinging the brown bag over her shoulder.

"W-what....what are you doing here!? Down there!?" Cassian asks confusingly. "You had me worried all morning!"

"Relax, Cassian. I was just exploring a..." Jyn looks back at the underground hole that she appeared from. "...a very familiar place."

Cassian places his hands on his hips and sighs. He looks down at the glowing object she held. "What is that?"

Jyn holds out the object in front of him. Cassian takes it and examines every inch of it. It had a constant pulsing orange light. "That's my lantern that mother gave me when I was a girl. And that..." Jyn points at the underground's entrance hole. "...was my hiding spot whenever my parents were in danger and ertrbeing hunted by the Empire. It did happen actually..." Jyn explains, with her voice fading softly near the end.

Cassian eyes Jyn for a moment before nodding and understanding what the lantern was used for. He hands Jyn back her lantern and leads her to the speeder. "I drive. And you walked all this way? This is about fifteen miles away from the house." Cassian complains as he turns on the engine.

Jyn shrugs her shoulders after she loads her bag and lantern in the speeder's storage compartment. "I knew you'd find me, Cassian. Since being abandoned at fifteen, and being a former criminal, I am one heck of a walker, Captain Andor." Jyn says with a dirty smirk.

Cassian scoffs when Jyn tells him that. He loves it. It makes him smile at her.

Not a lot of time passed since they left Jyn's emergency childhood hideout. The skies were not cloudy at the moment. It was hot and sunny, and the winds blew over Jyn's and Cassian's heads as the speeder dashed through the green fields, acting like a natural fan in the hot weather. As Cassian looks over at Jyn, who was reclined back in the passenger seat, he smiles at the sight of her sleeping. Jyn looked flushed and exhausted. The strands of hair on both sides of her face blew with the wind, and it made her sleeping figure look more serene.

"She looks cute when she sleeps." Cassian thought to himself as he shifts his focus back to the fields and navigated their way home.

Once Cassian arrives home and parks the speeder in the basement, he glances over at Jyn, who is still sleeping in the passenger seat. Being the gentleman he is, he gives the care and love to his girlfriend by carrying her in his arms and bringing her into the house, being careful not to run into the walls. Jyn is pretty short and light-weight for her age, as Cassian could feel on his arms. He carries Jyn to their bedroom and gently places her on their bed. Cassian takes the moment to observe Jyn's sleeping figure. Her eyes were closed. Her chest & abdomen rose with her breaths. Her head was laying on its side on the pillow. Cassian loved the sight. It was another beautiful thing he loved about Jyn. She looked beautiful to him wherever she is. Cassian bends down to kiss her cheek before going to Galen's closet.

Deciding to change his shirt, he switches to a dark blue shirt. But, before he could turn around and leave Jyn alone to nap, something in the closet caught his eye. His jacket and pants from the day they sent the Death Star plans was in there. And his blaster pistol was inside its holster.

It got Cassian thinking on the spot. He looks at his blaster pistol, then he glances over at the sleeping Jyn, then back at his pistol.

He then recalls the radio broadcast he had heard earlier in the speeder about the Death Star still active. Cassian sighs heavily, massaging the bridge of his nose. He was now irritated.

Cassian quietly leaves the room and goes to the kitchen to grab a drink. Upon taking a few sips, he just stood in the kitchen, thinking. Just thinking. He closes his eyes as his head tilts down. His mind was now clouded with thoughts and worries.

((()))

Cassian sits there at the kitchen dining table, watching Jyn chop some vegetables for their supper that evening. She was the one who did the kitchen work, as most women in the galaxy do. Cassian would help her, but not at the moment. He was bombarded with thoughts all day long, and it was aggravating him to his nerves. Cassian would go to the ends of the universe for Jyn. But...he just needed to know something from her.

Gathering the courage to talk to Jyn, Cassian finally stands up from his chair and slowly makes his way towards her, hearing every chop of the knife with every step he took. Jyn notices him, and looks up at him. Jyn smiles slightly and brushes aside one of the fringes on her head. "Captain."

"Jyn....I...." Cassian starts, but struggles to. He tries not to make eye contact with Jyn since she does indeed frown the moment he has trouble starting off.

"I.....I need to talk to you. It's important..." Cassian says softly. He notices Jyn laying the knife down on the countertop and placing her hands on her hips. She knew this wasn't going to sound like a good conversation.

"Yes?" Jyn asks, looking at Cassian directly in the eye. She holds a blank expression on her face. She was getting nervous.

Cassian sighs in an attempt to relieve the pressure. "Look Jyn....I know a lot has happened lately, and it's only been several days since we've met. Several days since we died and were given a second chance."

Jyn nods to acknowledge his statement. "Hm. Go on."

"I greatly value this strong, powerful love between us, even though we've only known each other for a few days....but this whole....farming life......isn't there more out there than this?" Cassian asks.

At that moment, Jyn feels somewhat offended, but she tries to keep her nerves calm this time. "....What do you mean?"

Cassian shakes his head and sighs. "Jyn....it's been a few days, and I heard on the radio that the Death Star is still not yet destroyed."

Those words struck Jyn like a blaster bolt. Her heart sank to her chest. Her eyes began to shift downwards to the floor. She sent those plans. The Rebellion has that information. They know the Death Star's weak spot. They did all that work, and it's still not destroyed. This made Jyn frightened and worried.

"N-N-Not....d-destroyed?" Jyn's voice begins to crack.

Cassian makes his way around the kitchen counter and places his hands on Jyn's shoulders. "Jyn, listen to me. Hey, look at me."

Jyn looks up at Cassian. She is about to cry, yet she also feels half angry in the inside for the lack of action by the Rebellion, the very military power that she and Cassian work for.

"I don't mind this farmer's life here. I will live it with you all the way through. But this war isn't over yet. OUR mission....is not completed yet, believe it or not. If you want to live our second chance in a time of peace, we need to make sure that nothing stands in our way." Cassian declares.

Jyn still has a look of fear and worry in her eyes. "What are you saying, Cassian?"

Cassian has waited all day long to ask her the question. "Shouldn't we be back there, aiding the Rebellion once more? Shouldn't we be there helping them end this conflict and fully restore peace to the galaxy?"

Jyn's heart begins to race. "B-But Cassian...what about our life here?"

"Jyn, it'll always be here. But shouldn't we be taking care of a more serious matter?" Cassian asks.

Jyn shakes her head. "Cassian, it won't be that easy!"

"I know, but-" Cassian says, but Jyn cuts him off.

"We just died several days ago! We can't just show up at Yavin 4 like nothing happened, Cassian! Even if we did survive Scarif, the Empire would have a bounty on us by now!" Jyn begins yelling.

"We still have a mission to complete, Jyn! Our mission wasn't over yet!" Cassian yells back, but not as loudly as Jyn.

"Wasn't it!? Hm!?" Jyn shoots him a glare.

There was a long pause between them. They stared into each other's eyes with serious faces.

"We belong there, Jyn. The Rebellion is our home." Cassian says in a more softer voice now.

"You want to talk about home!?" Jyn raises her voice, indicating that Cassian's statement irritated her in a way.

Cassian shakes his head. "Jyn, if we don't help now, their deaths would be in vain."

And it struck Jyn. Those words that came from Cassian's mouth angered her because she knew exactly what Cassian was referring to: Imwe, Malbus, Bodhi, K-2SO, and her parents. It got the former criminal's blood flowing with anger and frustration. But she tries to hold in her anger. Instead, she speaks in an aggressive voice. Her eyes were wide, her face held a very serious & slightly angered expression, and she shook her head side to side slowly while eyeing Cassian directly in the eye. "CASSIAN....DON'T YOU DARE BRING THEM UP IN THIS. DON'T YOU DARE."

Realizing he is treading on thin ice, Cassian tries to calm her down. "Jyn, I love you."

Jyn scoffs and shakes her shoulders out of his hands, and turns around to walk away to their bedroom angrily. "I need to think about this..." She says in a voice that sounds frustrated.

"Jyn!" Cassian calls out to her, but she refuses to comply. He closes his eyes and rubs his forehead in frustration from the heated conversation with his Sergeant, his only Stardust, his partner. As much as he loves her, he did not want to risk their home being destroyed by the Death Star or the Empire.

HeartbreakOne
Knight Officer

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2017, 05:29:51 AM »

Chapter 8 (Part 1): The Decision

Cassian was clouded with frustration from the tense conversation with Jyn in the kitchen. He couldn't stop debating between the Rebellion or his life in Lah'mu with Jyn, but he felt that they had no choice but to finish what they started. If they wanted to live their life without fear from the Empire, then they would need to contribute to the Rebellion again. However...that would require risks as well.

After what seemed like a half hour, Cassian decides to continue to speak with Jyn. "I knew this would've stirred her mind..." He mutters to himself as he made his way quietly to their bedroom.

Jyn stands right next to the bed with her forehead resting & hiding on one hand, and the other arm crossed underneath. Cassian knows that she is thinking about his proposal to go back to being Rebels, but he also knows that it was such a hard & intense moment for her. But he needs to know now. Taking small, slow, silent steps, Cassian approaches Jyn from behind and places one hand on her shoulder. "Hey, Jyn..."

Feeling his touch, in an instant, Jyn turns around and knocks his hand away with a hint of anger. She has the angry facial expression. "WHAT!?"

Cassian feels bad about it, but nevertheless he has to get an answer by the end of tonight. "Jyn, I know this is all too fast for you...but some day that space station will be destroying many lives if we don't do anything about it soon."

Jyn glares at him. "What made you change your mind? What caused you to want to go back to that?"

"I....I....Jyn, I made a vow to myself when I was six years old. I would never stop fighting for the Rebellion...until the Empire breathes its last breath." Cassian informs her with an innocent face. He waits for her to respond despite the angry pair of emerald green eyes staring up at him.

"Really!? Don't you see how badly I want to stay here!? You said it yourself, Cassian. If we completed that mission, I'd be free to go." Jyn says angrily.

"But our mission's not complete yet...." Cassian says after finally shifting his head downwards so he looks at the ground in dismay.

Jyn shakes her head. "I sent those plans, that's final!"

Jyn then begins to leave the bedroom by walking swiftly past Cassian. But Cassian quickly catches her by the wrist.

"Let go of me, Cassian!" Jyn yells, attempting to shake off his grasp on her wrist. But Cassian still won't let go.

"Jyn! Listen to me for once, please!" Cassian begs the brunette young woman, finally making her calm her nerves and look up into his chocolate brown eyes. "We may have sent those plans....but it didn't fully ensure the Death Star's destruction right away. That's what we sacrificed our lives for. I am very sure your father would've wanted his very own work to be destroyed, especially with the help of his own daughter." Cassian tells Jyn. Jyn looks down at the floor for a moment before looking back up at him.

"Your father would be very proud." Cassian repeats the last words he told Jyn at the beach in Scarif moments before their first deaths.

Jyn closes her eyes after angling her head down at the floor once more.

Cassian sighs after seeing lack of response from Jyn. "Jyn, please. Where is that reckless, aggressive, undisciplined Rebel who gave the galaxy a new hope?"

Jyn clenches a fist before shaking her head and turning away to walk out of the bedroom. "I....I don't know Cassian. I..I-I just don't know..." Jyn mumbles softly, crossing her arms as she escapes the room.

"Jyn!" Cassian calls out behind her. He tries to go after her, but then he realizes it is no use chasing after his beloved girlfriend. Realizing Jyn used to be a criminal, it made sense to him that she was most likely good at escaping from people in a jiffy. Cassian decides to let Jyn be and cool off for the next hour or so, and sits down on the bed.

Meanwhile, Jyn is storming off down the fields to the beach that was a couple of miles in front of their house. It is early evening, but there was still a little bit of sunset light left in the blue skies. Jyn stands there at the shoreline, watching the tides roar up and down to the sands. The winds blow against her face gently, acting as a fan to 'cool down' her angered mood. Jyn just stares out into the orange horizon with her arms crossed.

"I don't know what to think..." Jyn says softly. "And here I am, living a second chance with a man I barely know, but trust. Yet, the Death Star is still out there....and I died just to let it sail free?"

She feels tears bursting from her eyes. Her lips begin to curl and tremble in conjunction with the cry. "Why was my life such a rough mess!?" Jyn yells out into the sea.

It's true: Jyn did live a rough life. Her parents, Galen and Lyra, were working for the Empire, so that meant that she was an Imperial child. Orson Krennic killed her mother, and the Rebellion killed her father. She was abandoned by her secondary caretaker, Saw Gerrera, when she was fifteen years old, so she lived on her own for the past six years. Within those past six years, she's expressed her extreme hatred for the Empire by stealing and forging information from it, getting into lots of trouble, becoming a prisoner in many prison camps, being dragged through streets as punishment, having blasters pointed at her every day, escaping so many places from Imperial troops. She even learned how to fight people swiftly and aggressively. Jyn is a criminal who turned into a Rebel, and she is a reckless twenty one year-old woman. She would take any extremely dangerous, reckless measure instead of safe methods just to get the job done. Though, Jyn wondered why Cassian still loved her despite her background, her past, and her personality.

Jyn shakes her head as the tears flow down her cheeks, and her eyes start to redden. "Why was I brought into this mess!? Why father!? WHY!?" She yells out into the sea. Hearing only more waves from the tides, Jyn sinks to the sand, sitting there and breaking down into more tears.

Was it her life that she wanted to continue living in peace on Lah'mu? Was it her love for Cassian? Was it Rogue One, who were her best friends all within that three-day span before their tragic deaths? Was it her parents? Who knows. It might be everything.

About ten minutes have passed, and Jyn was still crying tears, with her hand covering her face. But at that moment, she felt a very strong force inside her. It felt warm, yet so strong. She felt as if there was a presence right next to her. She felt it in her heart, and it was telling her something. Her kyber crystal necklace began glowing. She looked down and notices it. Something strong indeed was happening at the moment.

HeartbreakOne
Knight Officer

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2017, 05:30:48 AM »

Chapter 8 (Part 2)

A blue glow appeared from behind her, and the reflections of the glow on the sand were visible to her when she looks up from her hand. With her eyes still full of tears and her cheeks still wet with tear trails, Jyn pushes herself up to her feet and turns around. Her eyes widen and her jaw drops when she sees who was there.

The blue-glowing spirits of her parents, Galen and Lyra, were standing right in front of her, with smiles on their faces. Jyn didn't know what to say. She only wanted to cry more. She felt as if it was all real.

"M-MOTHER!? F-FATHER!?" Jyn mumbles loudly, covering her mouth with both hands.

"Jyn." Galen says calmly.

Jyn then cries more tears.

"I'm so proud of you, Stardust. I knew you could do it." Galen says to Jyn, referring to her sending of the Death Star plans.

"F-Father...so much has happened..." Jyn begins, but Galen smiles and cuts her off.

"Save your breath. Your mother and I are very proud of what you did. Your sacrifice in the end was worth it all." Galen compliments his daughter. He couldn't stop smiling at his grown-up girl.

"The Force was strong with you, my dear Jyn." Lyra gracefully tells Jyn, who took some steps closer to them.

Jyn felt like she will choke on her next words. She is half-shocked and half-surprised to see that the spirits of her parents are right in front of her very eyes. It is like a unique, special, desperate gift from the Force. "Mother....father....is it true? The Death Star is still....?" Jyn tries to ask.

"Not yet, Jyn. But someone is bound to destroy it soon. I have a strong feeling that he will." Galen answers with a nod.

"He?" Jyn is confused by the person he just mentioned. "Who, father? Who is he?"

"I'm not sure. But I can feel that he is a powerful man, and he will help restore peace to the galaxy." Galen tells Jyn. Though, Jyn nods and looks down at the ground, unable to think about anything else.

"I....I really miss both of you..." Jyn whispers quietly, but her parents' spirits could hear anything.

"And so do we, Stardust. Very much. You've grown." Galen says as he watched his daughter form a small smile on her lips. "Jyn...I know you don't want to face the conflict of the Rebellion and the Empire no more, and I know how badly you want to return to the peaceful life you used to have here." He catches Jyn's attention when she looks up at him.

"I know. What of it?" Jyn asks, curious.

"You deserve better. You were meant to be out there with the Rebellion. You're a fighter, Jyn. Even one person can change the fate of the future. You did just that a few days ago. Why not do it again? You're a great woman that you've grown into, Jyn, and your mother and I are proud. Don't let fear hold you back. Let hope encourage you forward." Galen says with a smile, tilting his head to the side to express confidence and assurance.

Jyn nods slightly, but still keeps her eyes gazing down at the sand. "It's too much for me to take in."

Galen looks over at Lyra, who raises her brows, for she has nothing to say but to agree with her daughter. Galen then turns his attention back to Jyn. "You know, Captain Andor loves you so much."

This catches Jyn's attention. She stares directly into her father's eye.

Suddenly, a voice appears to her right. But...it sounds like a computerized voice, more like a robotic voice. And it sounds very familiar to Jyn's ears.

"I am very sure it was obvious from the start!" The robotic voice said.

Jyn slowly turns to her right to see the spirits of K-2SO, Chirrut Imwe, Baze Malbus, Bodhi Rook, and Saw Gerrera standing there as well. Jyn swears that her heart sank to the bottom of the sand when she saw their spirits. Jyn's eyes now begin to fill with tears again as she brings her hands to her mouth to cover it.

"K-2!? Imwe!? Baze! Bodhi! Saw! Oh..my...." Jyn exclaims happily as she let the tears trickle down her cheeks rapidly from joy. She felt so happy to see her best friends again.

"Missed us yet, sister?" Baze taunts Jyn, giving her a dirty smirk and scoffing.

"Wow. I didn't know you look that young." Chirrut comments about Jyn. This surprises Jyn, because Chirrut's eyes did not look blind anymore in his spirit form. She guessed that his death caused the blindness to be removed, enabling him to see with full, clear sight as a spirit.

"You worry too much, Jyn." Bodhi says playfully with a grin.

Jyn still feels the tears rolling down her cheeks when she saw the rest of her team, Rogue One, standing right in front of her as spirits one with the Force. "Oh my...it's you! I can't believe it!" Jyn exclaims so happily, she was almost on her knees. She smiles through her tears. Though, she felt embarrassed, it looked beautiful nonetheless.

"We....we were great out there. All of us. I really couldn't have done it without you guys. Thank you." Jyn says with a soft voice, since she felt like choking. It meant so much to her saying that to her team since she didn't get a chance to say anything more before they separated near the Scarif jungles. "But, the Death Star is still out there. It should be destroyed soon enough. A-And I'm...." Jyn pauses for a moment, because she is now looking at her four deceased teammates in the eyes with a hint of guilt. "I'm so sorry...I am very very sorry."

That moment, every one of the spirits frowns at her.

"Sorry for what?" Baze asks, tilting his head to the side in confusion.

"I mean...this...." Jyn holds up her glowing kyber crystal necklace, to which Lyra smiles happily. "....this gave me and Cassian a second chance. It resurrected us....but not you guys...because only we were touching it. Us being alive and living a second chance, and not you guys....I feel guilty. I honestly am! I wish you were here with us!" Jyn confesses with sorrow. She breaks into more tears.

"Jyn!" Chirrut gets Jyn's attention. "You have nothing to be sorry for. We fought to the best of our ability, no matter the consequence, and no matter the cost. Dead or alive, Jyn, we accept our fates happily."

"You and Cassian should be lucky that you are living the second chance. Our lives live within you two." Bodhi assures her.

"Our living legacies." K-2SO concludes.

Jyn, still feeling guilty, looks down at the sand. "But..."

"Jyn." Saw Gererra then speaks. He no longer breathes into his oxygen mask, thankfully, for death has given him the benefit as a spirit. "You and Captain Andor just saved the Rebellion. You just saved the galaxy from a terrible future, a terrible threat. You just saved the dream, like I told you on Jedha. There are times where you must be patient, and let the events unfold to a brighter, positive future. Be positive about the outcome, Jyn. No need for worry, or guilt, or shame, or fear."

Jyn nods and looks at her glowing crystal necklace.

"You have a greater purpose, Jyn. And you should fulfill it for the galaxy. For all of us. And for Cassian." Galen says, putting an arm around Lyra.

Jyn looks up at Galen. "Oh. Father, about Cassian..."

"He's a good man, Jyn. Despite everything he tried to do, he is a good man at heart, and I know he will protect you from anything. I trust him, just as you trust him. Trust goes both ways. You know that." Galen tells his daughter with a slight smile.

Jyn thinks for a long moment before speaking. "Are you sure you want me to go along with it all?"

Galen nods with reassurance and confidence. "I am positive, Jyn. Please. You're a Rebel, and a damn good one." He chuckles at the end.

"We're with you all the way, no matter what." K-2SO confirms, raising one of his hands.

Jyn chuckles with a smile, chuckling out of happiness. She is glad that her parents and her friends supported her with the matter to continue to be part of the Rebellion.

Unbeknownst to Jyn, the entire time she stood at the shoreline speaking with their friends, Cassian was watching the conversation from about thirty feet away behind her. Seeing his comrades and his lover speaking to her parents made him tear up a bit, and it made him feel so happy that he wanted to jump up and scream his lungs out into the ocean. Cassian overheard everything in Jyn's conversation with their deceased teammates, and he wanted to finally enter the scene.

"Me too." Cassian cuts in, approaching Jyn from behind with a smile. Jyn turns around to face him with a surprised face, and with a gasp.

"Cassian..." Jyn says softly before looking over at her father, Galen.

"Captain! Why, how good it is to see you again." K-2SO waves a hand to him excitedly.

Cassian scoffs and smiles while waving back. "Never thought death could have us meet again, buddy."

Jyn looks at Galen. She then approaches him. "Father, in case you didn't know, Cassian and I...we..."

Galen and Lyra both nod. "Yes, Jyn, we know. We want the best for you. You deserve the best, my Stardust."

Galen then looks at Cassian. "You have our blessing." Galen makes the official confirmation, while smiling at Lyra who was smiling back at him, feeling happy that their daughter was now with a man that they trust is the right one for her.

"Thank you, Erso." Cassian thanks him.

"You protect her. Take care of her for us. She's the most precious thing in the galaxy." Galen orders Cassian with a serious stare.

Cassian nods and promises him. "I will protect her with my life." Cassian wraps an arm around Jyn. She grins up at him and wraps an arm around his waist. "Stardust is the key to my heart."

Lyra smiles happily at the two of them after watching them wrap their arms around each other.

Jyn whispers in Cassian's ear. "I hope Rogue One approves of it..."

"Hey! We heard that!" K-2SO blurts out, pointing at her. Jyn & Cassian laugh in response.

"Rogue One lives on." Bodhi declares.

Jyn then looks at all of them with concern. "B-But...when will we see you again!?"

"We're with you everywhere you go, darling. The Force is strong with both of you. We'll be there if you have anything to talk about. We're all here for you, sweetie." Lyra assures her daughter one last time.

Jyn smiles and looks up at Cassian. They smile into each other's eyes as the waves roar peacefully to the shoreline. The sunset is almost fading into night, and the temperatures begin to turn chilly. The two remaining living members of Rogue One embrace each other for a long five minutes. Then, Cassian notices from the corner of his eye all but one spirit stayed behind.

"You can kiss him, you know." K-2SO informs Jyn. Jyn looks at him with a sarcastic smile. "The Captain said so."

"Yeah, right..." Cassian mutters under his breath quietly as he and Jyn both chuckle from K-2SO's obvious statement. "So, have you made up your mind?" Cassian then asks Jyn, going back to a serious face now.

Jyn places her hand's on Cassian's shoulders and looks up into his brown calming eyes with confidence. "Cassian, I know it will not be easy to go back into it all of a sudden, but I am willing to. Cassian...as long as we're together, I am happy. If you fight, I fight. Wherever you go, I go. I will follow you to the ends of the galaxy, Cassian."

Cassian smiles, because her words touches him. "You're everything to me. I will never leave your side. I love you so much, Stardust. You have my word on that. We made ten men feel like a hundred. But two Rebels..." Cassian points at both himself and Jyn. "...makes it feel even better."

Jyn smiles and kisses him on his lips. "Then we leave tomorrow!" Jyn happily declares while reaching up to wrap both of her arms around his neck since she was so much shorter than him.

Seeing the two Rebels embrace each other, K-2SO jerks back in response. "Ugh. Humans..."

Jyn immediately looks at K-2SO and gives him a playful glare. "Oh, get out then, K-2!"

"Yes, ma'am." K-2SO replies before fading away back into the afterlife.

"So, time to be rebellious again." Cassian gives Jyn a dirty smirk.

"Yeah." Jyn answers, smirking back.

Cassian strokes one of Jyn's fringes on the side of her face. "Reckless. Aggressive. Undisciplined."

Jyn gives him a dirtier smirk. "Sounds just like me."

"I like that." Cassian tells Jyn.

"Mmmmmm." Jyn responds in a seductive tone.

"I'm surprised you love me." Cassian says.

"Even reckless women like me have feelings too, Cassian." Jyn says before placing a kiss on his cheek.

Cassian loved that Jyn is the way she is: reckless, aggressive, undisciplined. She was a strong young woman both inside and outside. Yet, she still had a caring heart for him. He loved that she was on his side no matter what. Even though she was a former criminal and did many terrible things in the past, he knew it all helped her become the woman he is in love with now. It was that moment that Cassian knew his life was already complete; the void in his heart filled. The young woman, who was six years younger than him, was truly the best thing that has ever happened to him, and he wanted to spend an eternity with her.

HeartbreakOne
Knight Officer

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2017, 05:35:55 AM »

Chapter 9: Homecoming

"Well, we're ready for takeoff. Shall we?" Jyn asks, looking at Cassian with her emerald green eyes.

Cassian nods. "Are you with me?"

Hearing that question from him before, when they sat together in his U-Wing, Jyn slowly smiles. "All the way."

Cassian then smiles. He takes Jyn's hand and intertwines his hand with hers. Keeping his chocolate brown eyes locked with Jyn's emerald green eyes, he slowly brings up their hands, with Jyn's hand on top, and he places a gentle kiss on her hand. This makes Jyn's heart sink, and she smiles in return.

"Setting coordinates for Yavin 4. Rebel base." Jyn announces as she activates the speeder's hyperdrive. The console makes a beeping noise, confirming its activation and set coordinates for Yavin 4. Jyn turns on the engine, and the speeder slowly begins to vertically ascend from the ground. "Rogue One, launch." Jyn says as she pushes the lever so that the speeder goes at full speed into hyperdrive. It zooms off towards the ocean in front of the Erso home and disappears in the blink of an eye into hyperspace, leaving Jyn's home planet Lah'mu.

((()))

15 minutes later...

"Homecoming"

1625 hours

Rogue One

Sgt. Jyn 'Stardust' Erso

Jungles, Yavin 4

On a planet full of jungles and tall, green trees, comes the speeder that Jyn & Cassian were travelling in. Jyn tries her best to safely land the speeder from its swift speed from hyperspace.

"Watch out!" Cassian points at a tree in front of them, to which Jyn swerves around. They eventually bring the speeder to a halt safely and quietly. The first thing they do is look around and observe their surroundings: tall green trees surrounded them like shadows. It was almost dark under the vast cover of the jungle, but there was some sunlight that shone through the trees. The two Rebels exit the speeder and look at each other. "We're here...but where's the base?" Jyn asks. Because she's only been recruited into the Rebellion for three days, she knows that Cassian knew the area better than she did.

"Do you hear that?" Cassian asks. Jyn frowns before focusing her hearing to the sky. The sounds of aircraft engines were roaring in the skies. "That's the hangar. We're close. Maybe one mile out. We'll have to go on foot from here. Leave the speeder here."

Jyn nods and reaches in the storage compartment to grab two brown hats, one of which she tossed to Cassian. "This'll help with our cover."

After putting on his hat, and making the appearance of his different Rebel uniform neat, he gestures over to Jyn. "Stick close to me. Follow my lead. Speak only if spoken to, and keep a low profile. We just died, so I don't want anyone surprised to our presence until the time is right." Cassian warns her.

"Yes, sir." Jyn says loudly with a dirty smirk before putting on her brown hat and walking along the jungle beside her Captain.

After a fifteen-minute walk through the jungle of trees, Jyn & Cassian finally arrive at the base, where the front hangar serves as the main entrance of the Rebel installation on Yavin 4. With their different Rebel uniforms and brown caps, they were almost unrecognizable to any infantry present in the base. They had to use the low profile in order to get around the base undetected, and survey the premises. Of course, the Rebellion is their friend, but they were just there for a 'recon' of their own, and it would look suspicious to any Rebel there if they got caught.

"Follow my lead." Cassian whispers quietly to Jyn as he puts his hands in his pockets and continues walking into the hangar.

As they walk into the hangar, they observe their surroundings. Service droids accompany Rebel pilots to perform maintenance on their aircraft, X-Wings and Y-Wings underwent minor repairs, Rebel pilots dressed in orange uniforms chattered in different groups, Rebel patrols walked along the walls of the hangar with assault blasters, and a couple of X-Wing engines were roaring loudly inside the hangar for thrust testing.

Seeing that nothing was out of the ordinary so far, Cassian leans in to Jyn to whisper to her. "There's nothing unusual here."

Jyn nods as she continues to look around. "Everything here looks the same before we departed for Scarif that day. Maybe we should go into the command center."

But something caught Jyn's eye. From the corner of her eye, Rebel pilots began to form up into groups, and they were indeed proceeding to walk towards the command center. Pilots then jog; it seems suspicious to both Jyn and Cassian, as they wonder what the sudden hurry is.

"Bingo." Jyn whispers after looking up at Cassian.

"It looks like they're headed to the briefing room. Let's go." Cassian replies quietly before gesturing his head in the Rebel pilots' direction. They are careful not to trail behind the group of pilots too closely, and instead kept their distance from them. "Wait...they're all pilots. What about the infantries?" Cassian asks, with a face of confusion forming on his face.

Jyn shrugs her shoulders, unsure. "Good question." She replies while following Cassian and turning to another hallway.

After a few minutes of riding an elevator together alone up to the upper floors of the base, Jyn and Cassian finally arrived in the briefing room where all of the Rebel pilots were present. They were seated in a semi-circle, and there was an elderly man in the front of the room explaining something. It appeared that Jyn and Cassian arrived in the middle of the sudden briefing, and so they decided to stand in the back of the group to have a better view of the briefing and to better maintain their low profile.

However, Jyn's eyes widen when she notices on the projection screen at the front of the briefing room something very, very familiar...

"Cassian!" Jyn whispers loudly to Cassian, nudging him with her elbow.

"What, Jyn?" Cassian asks, looking down at her.

"Look!" Jyn exclaims quietly as she gestures her head towards the projection screen.

What the two Rogue One members saw on the projection screen sparked big smiles on their faces.

((()))

A three-dimensional model of the Death Star was shown on the screen, and it displayed the Death Star's core: the critical weak spot. The very flaw that Jyn's father, Galen Erso, implemented secretly for the Rebellion to exploit. Jyn and Cassian were so happy to see that her father's plan did work after all.

"It's the plans that we sent! It's finally being shown to the Rebellion!" Jyn exclaims happily & quietly after smiling up at Cassian.

Cassian couldn't believe it either. His smile stuck to his face like adhesive tape. He couldn't stop smiling down at the pair of emerald green eyes looking up at him with a beautiful smile. "Someone up there did listen to us after all." Cassian tells Jyn, referring to what he asked Jyn during their last moments at the Scarif beach that day.

The two Rebels nod to each other before turning their attention back to the briefing.

"It's a small thermal exhaust port right below the main port." The elderly man informs to all the Rebel pilots. "The shaft leads directly to the reactor system. A precise hit will start a chain reaction which should destroy the station. Proton torpedoes are required for this mission, as they are efficient enough to use in the trench."

"Your weak spot will save us, father. You did it." Jyn says to herself with a slight smile as she sees the three-dimensional diagram of the Death Star plans show a sample of a proton torpedo descending down the main shaft and damage the central weak point.

"B-But that's impossible, even for a computer!" One of the Rebel pilots exclaims.

Suddenly, a young man sitting next to him blurts something out of nowhere. This particular man caught Jyn and Cassian's attentions, as he was dressed differently from the other pilots. He wore tan desert robes.

"It's not impossible! I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 speeder back home. They're not much bigger than two meters." The unfamiliar young man comments.

Jyn and Cassian look at each other and give each other frowns, for they are unsure who the young man is.

"Then man your ships. May the Force be with you!" The elderly man says before dismissing all the pilots. The pilots begin to chatter and exit the briefing room.

"Well, one of these men is going to end up destroying the Death Star tonight. I wonder who it will be. My father mentioned it..." Jyn whispers to Cassian as they both step aside to let all the Pilots pass by them through the doors.

Cassian shakes his head. "The more important question is...will the Death Star actually be destroyed?" He asks Jyn.

"Right..." Jyn says with uncertainty. "That man...who is he? Does he look familiar to you?" Jyn asks Cassian, referring to the young man in the tan desert robes.

Cassian shakes his head, unsure. "I don't know. And I've never seen them either." He points out a man with brunette hair wearing a white long-sleeve shirt, black pants, and a black vest. Accompanying him is a tall, brown-haired Wookie with a crossbow blaster. The three mysterious, unfamiliar people exit the briefing room last.

"They weren't here before we left for Scarif. New recruits?" Jyn asks, looking up at Cassian for an answer.

"Maybe..." Cassian says. "We'll find out later. Look, it's Princess Leia."

Jyn looks to the front of the briefing room to see Princess Leia and Mon Mothma speaking to each other. She and Cassian both know who Princess Leia is. She is one of the leaders of the Rebel Alliance; though, they've never seen her on the field, of course, since she mostly operates from the commanding centers. Neither of them ever came into close contact with Princess Leia though.

On the far left side of the room was General Draven, who was shuffling through some papers. Upon seeing the sight of Draven, this has Jyn glaring at him from the other side of the briefing room. Seeing Draven makes her very angry that moment. Jyn's heart rate increases, anger pumps through her veins every second, and she clenches her fists hard. She feels like pulling her A180 blaster pistol out and shooting him. Jyn's breathing becomes more rapid and louder, catching Cassian's attention. He widens his eyes to her sudden rigorous breathing.

"Jyn? What's wrong!? Quiet down." Cassian warns Jyn quietly.

Suddenly, Cassian notices at the corner of his eye that Princess Leia and Mon Mothma notice he & Jyn, though they were unrecognizable to their leaders and were seen as suspicious.

"Damn..." Cassian mutters under his breath silently so only Jyn hears, who then turns her attention to the two female leaders.

"Hey!" Mon Mothma calls out to them.

Assuming that their cover is blown, Cassian nudges Jyn with an elbow, signaling them to escape the premises. "Come on, let's go..." Cassian quietly orders Jyn, and the two turn around and begin exiting the briefing room by walking swiftly.

"Hey! Guards!" Mon Mothma yells out, ordering a few Rebel guards to apprehend Jyn and Cassian.

Making their way to the stairs, Cassian grabs Jyn's arm. "Come on! We've got to get out of here!" Cassian pants, pulling Jyn with him down the spiral of stairs. The Rebel guards then appear at the floor above them, so they were not far from catching up to the two Rogue One members.

"Halt!" One of the Rebel troops orders. Jyn and Cassian ignore him and continue to escape towards the hangar.

As they arrived at the hangar, they were close to escaping when they heard blasters being raised at them from behind. Aside from hearing blasters cocking, they notice in front of them that all the X-Wings and Y-Wings have sortied into hyperspace towards the Death Star already.

"Stop right there!" A strong, loud, superior female voice orders them. Her voice fills the atmosphere of the main hangar. Mon Mothma had caught them.

Both panting heavily, Jyn and Cassian look at each other. Jyn's face held concern. But, Cassian gives her a single wink of an eye, and he raises his hands up to indicate surrender. Jyn sighs in defeat and does the same.

"Identify yourselves!" Mon Mothma orders them in a strict voice.

There is a very long pause before Cassian decides to answer her. "Have you ever seen a ghost before, Mothma?"

Mon Mothma, confused by the question, frowns at him. "Excuse me?"

"Do you believe in resurrection?" Cassian asks out loud for every Rebel in the hangar to hear. Still, Mon Mothma remains silent due to her confusion. "Because.....we just died.....under your command."

Jyn and Cassian turn around slowly to reveal themselves. Every single Rebel in the hangar, including Mon Mothma, gasps in response. They mutter to each other, and most of the guards lower their blasters. Mon Mothma is in shock, and she did not know what to say at the moment. All she could do is stare with a dropped jaw and widened eyes of awe.

"We just rose from the ashes." Jyn says.

It took a very long minute before an excited, and impressed, smile forms on Mothma's face.

HeartbreakOne
Knight Officer

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2017, 05:37:05 AM »

Chapter 9 (Part 2)

"This is unbelievable! Truly amazing! H-How!?" Mon Mothma asks with awe, as she sits there inside the command room with Jyn and Cassian, and with General Draven standing to the side observing their conversation.

"Well..." Cassian starts off while smiling at Jyn, who only gave a very small smile. "We died. It should've been confirmed by now. But then something happened. It was...." Cassian looks over at Jyn. "Jyn, could you show her?"

Without saying a word, Jyn pulls out her mother's kyber crystal necklace and holds it up. It wasn't glowing at the moment, but it forced a curious look on Mothma's face.

"That kyber crystal happened to save us from the Death Star's catastrophe, and it allowed the Force to grant us a...." Cassian is about to finish his sentence when Jyn decides to finish for him.

"....second chance." Jyn finishes for him before putting her kyber crystal necklace back underneath her brown jacket.

"We happened to be touching the crystal when...." Cassian tries to finish his sentence. He is reluctant to, as he wanted that moment on Scarif to be a private memory to him and Jyn only. "....when Jyn and I were...." Cassian pauses again.".....having our last moments." He finally finishes, causing Jyn to look at him.

Mon Mothma is almost at the loss for words. She still couldn't believe the amazing ability that a kyber crystal could contain, because no one ever knew it. "Wow....I must say, it must have been such a joyous moment for that to happen for both of you." She compliments with a smile. "However, I am deeply sorry for the loss of the fellow Rebels that fought alongside you on Scarif, and your....four close friends." Mon Mothma tells them. This causes a very long moment of silence between the three Rebels. "But, I must say that I am very proud of your efforts of sending the Death Star plans to our Rebellion. I am truly amazed by your great sacrifice and resurrection. It truly is one of the greatest miracles to happen!"

Jyn and Cassian nod to acknowledge Mothma's kind words.

"Thank you." Cassian says. "It was an honor completing that mission for you..."

Mon Mothma widens her eyes and shakes her head. "No, no! We thank you two. It was the greatest honor to have you two send important documents, and miraculously revived from an inevitable, tragic end. Truly, truly honorable. We welcome both of you back, should you choose to continue your service to the Rebel Alliance." She says with a smile after crossing her legs in her seat and interlocking her fingers on the hologram table.

"Well, thank you, Mothma. And Jyn & I are willing to continue serving for the Rebellion. It is our personal duty." Cassian says with a smile to Jyn. However, he notices that Jyn isn't smiling. She has a blank emotionless face. This was beginning to worry him.

"Thank you, Captain Andor. I hope that another tragedy like Scarif doesn't fall upon you both again in the future. May the Force be with you." Mon Mothma declares with a smile. "Thanks to both of you and your team, we were able to examine the plans of the Death Star, and we found its weakness that Galen Erso built into its core. We have an entire squadron of pilots deployed to the Death Star space station as we speak, and they are about to destroy it very soon. We're one step closer to peace and victory."

"That's great news!" Cassian politely thanks Mothma.

Jyn felt so very angry deep inside her soul. She was staring up at General Draven, and Cassian's smile faded as he watches her. He thinks what she's about to do. He could see the anger in his Sergeant's eyes and her fists. "Jyn?" Cassian says with worry. This makes Mon Mothma turn her attention to Jyn.

In the blink of an eye, Jyn stands up from her chair and pulls out her A180 blaster pistol, and she points it at General Draven, who jerks back in surprise and drops the papers he held. This action causes Cassian and Mon Mothma to react quickly by getting up from their seats and attempting to apprehend Jyn.

"J-Jyn, what are you doing!?" Cassian yells out.

"I MAY BE ALIVE AGAIN, BUT I STILL HAVE NOT FORGIVEN YOU, YOU BASTARD!" Jyn yells with such fury at Draven. She is so angry that she had her finger ready on the trigger, and it is slightly being pressured on.

"What are you talking about, Erso!?" Draven exclaims with a sour face, and he takes a step back.

"Jyn!" Cassian yells at her, trying to get her attention.

Jyn shakes her head while keeping her A180 pistol pointed at Draven's face. "YOU WERE THE ONE WHO ORDERED THE BOMBING ATTACKS ON MY FATHER! YOU HAD CASSIAN DECIEVE ME! MY FATHER DIED BECAUSE OF YOU! YOU'RE A MONSTER!" The reckless, aggressive, undisciplined female Rebel yells angrily at the top of her lungs. Tears of anger begin to burst from her eyes.

"Erso, it was a judgement call! We had to! We couldn't take a chance in the Death Star's full completion! Trillions of innocent lives were at stake!" General Draven yells back at Jyn, trying to speak truth to her. But it's no use for the reckless twenty one year-old woman.

"JUDGEMENT CALL!? LIKE HELL, IT WAS A JUDGEMENT CALL! WHO KNEW!? MY FATHER WOULD'VE DEFECTED AT THE LAST MINUTE IF HE WANTED TO! HOW DARE YOU!" Jyn screams, gripping her pistol very tightly. Her breaths became more tense and rapid.

"Sergeant Erso!" Mon Mothma exclaims as two Rebel guards raise their A280 assault blasters at Jyn.

"JYN! THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE DOING!" Cassian yells louder so that the words could actually reach Jyn's angered brain. Jyn remains quiet; only her tense breaths sounded from her nose and mouth. "Put your blaster down, Jyn!" Cassian orders less loudly.

"You expect me to let this man walk after what he caused that night!?" Jyn says while keeping her eyes on Draven and her blaster raised at his chest.

"Jyn, that was history! Killing Draven won't bring your father back. He and your mother wouldn't want you doing this." Cassian tells Jyn, raising a hand out to her.

Jyn shakes her head without saying a word. She felt like she was returning to her old self, where she was a reckless, aggressive, mischievous criminal before she joined the Rebellion.

"I'm still your superior, Jyn. Lower your weapon. That's an order." Cassian commands Jyn with a serious tone.

And it is true. Cassian is indeed Jyn's superior because he is a higher rank than her. He is a Captain, and she is a Sergeant, so Jyn had no choice but to obey him. Jyn looks over at Cassian, then at Mon Mothma, then back at Draven before lowering her pistol slowly, much to everyone's relief.

Jyn then speaks in a soft voice. Still, she has an angry face. "The reason why you're not dead....is because I'm still joined in this cause." Jyn says in a harsh tone before returning her A180 pistol back into her holster and turning away, storming angrily out of the command center.

"Jyn..." Cassian mutters quietly under his breath as the two Rebel guards lower their A280 assault blasters. Then, he looks over at Mon Mothma, who frowns at him. "Look, I'm sorry about her."

"It's alright. I've read her file, and I'm sure you have too. We both know how reckless she can be." Mon Mothma assures him.

Cassian sighs before leaving the command center to catch up to Jyn. "Can't agree with you more."

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: