Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Rogue One: Resurrection  (Read 18008 times)
HeartbreakOne
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 19

« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2017, 01:16:04 AM »

Wow HB1. First off, you are a prolific writer Smiley. And you still ended on a cliffhanger!  This story must have taken you a long time  Wink. I applaud you with your writing.  One of the things that I appreciate about our community is the disparate genres that shape the individual narratives.  On that point: HB, you are a romantic  Smiley

I would never have considered a story continuing the Rogue1 theme^^  But, as I said, it enriches the SW universe  Smiley. One thing that I was wondering: how did K-2 become one with the Force?  It's an interesting concept, regardless  Wink

BTW: how in the heck did Krennic survive?!  I can't wait to see! 

And that art is perfect HB!  Superbly beautiful  Cheesy

Until next installment friends  Smiley

Thank you, buddy! I appreciate it!

Lol K-2SO being one with the Force? Let's just say....artificial intelligence is truly a living thing as well. Metal Gear Solid 4 and Metal Gear Solid Peacewalker 100% backs up this statement 😂

MMMMhhhmmmmmm, yes. Orson Krennic 😈 We'll see what happens, and why he is still alive 😏

I will probably have more time for the story on thanksgiving weekend.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2017, 02:34:01 AM »

So I’ve read the first few chapter of your story (up to Chapter 6)…very intriguing writing style, it’s almost kind of surreal e.g. “Cassian places his hands on Jyn's shoulders gently. Noticing him do so, she allows him to touch her now that her mood has begun to chill to a much calmer level.” 

It’s like detached from their perspectives, a third party looking at them…and the whole setting so far, like some kind of strange dreamscape just the two of them…at this point in reading I suspect they are not really alive, it seems too surreal, but not quite enough to be sure its some kind of strange illusion where they live out their feelings and reflect on their lives…but will definitely keep reading to find out.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

HeartbreakOne
Knight Officer

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2017, 02:59:21 AM »

So I’ve read the first few chapter of your story (up to Chapter 6)…very intriguing writing style, it’s almost kind of surreal e.g. “Cassian places his hands on Jyn's shoulders gently. Noticing him do so, she allows him to touch her now that her mood has begun to chill to a much calmer level.” 

It’s like detached from their perspectives, a third party looking at them…and the whole setting so far, like some kind of strange dreamscape just the two of them…at this point in reading I suspect they are not really alive, it seems too surreal, but not quite enough to be sure its some kind of strange illusion where they live out their feelings and reflect on their lives…but will definitely keep reading to find out.

This story is literally what I introduced it to be: their continuation. They're not in a dream. If it's grammar mistakes giving you that impression, then I apologize. When I write stories, I barely proofread. i just type everything in one sitting and update the story online due to time constraints. To be honest, I felt a bit offended from you saying my story is narrated as a dream.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2017, 05:45:02 AM »

This story is literally what I introduced it to be: their continuation. They're not in a dream. If it's grammar mistakes giving you that impression, then I apologize. When I write stories, I barely proofread. i just type everything in one sitting and update the story online due to time constraints. To be honest, I felt a bit offended from you saying my story is narrated as a dream.
My apologies, I didn’t mean to offend you, just offering my initial impressions, I get the crystal brought them to life again, kind of like a protective reset switch which I’ve seen in other stories (a magic ribbon in Witcher 3 game is slightly similar in sending people in mortal danger to a safe place.) I only said I suspected they might not be alive and it was “like” a dreamscape not that it was necessarily, sorry if I gave that impression.

I guess where I’m coming from is compared to the Movie, where they are constantly moving, fighting and struggling they are transported suddenly to a place of safety and peace and connection – a big shift not just in physical location, but also mentally for them, being alone just the two of them, free from the threat of the Empire (for now?) and free to build their relationship must be like a kind of idyll or paradise for them compared to what they just experienced on Scarif….I guess I interpreted it as being a safe place for them to readjust to their second chance, dreamscape might not have been the best word to describe that situation but it was what I thought of to describe it....its not that its not real (the certainty with which they both implicitly realise this is their second chance belies that), just seems unreal due to the leap in situation- but you know that just my opinion.

Guess I’m also more used to writing styles that look out from a character, like instead of “Cassian places his hands on Jyn's shoulders gently”  I would be more familiar with “Cassian placed his hand on her shoulders gently” – more from Jyn’s internal perspective.  But that’s what is great about fan fiction like this, seeing style and ideas you would never otherwise see, it’s different from what I’m used to but really interesting.

Lord_S_Gray

Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2017, 12:55:55 PM »

HB1, I am intrigued.  :-)  I have to admit, I was a little leery of the premise, but Krennic?  LOL  Why not?  If Jyn and Cassian can be alive, why not Krennic?  I do want to go back and check one thing on the continuity of this, though: I was thinking that Cassian actually killed Krennic on the transmission tower before the Death Star strike, but he might have still been alive.  I honestly cannot recall, so I'm more than willing to let it go.  :-)

BTW, I LOVE the K-2SO reboot!  I did something similar with a droid in my story, R3-T2, basically a reload from stored memory into a new "body".  One advantage of the droids - they can actually do a "brain transplant".  :-)  Though the idea of K-2 being a force ghost while also being alive...  Talk about a split personality!

I also like the way you've pulled in the canon characters.  We don't really know what the Rebels did immediately after the attack by the Death Star, though it seems obvious that they abandoned Yavin IV soon afterward to avoid the Imperial Fleet.  Hunting down Krennic easily fits into that gap in time, though.  So I'm looking forward to seeing where they go.  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

HeartbreakOne
Knight Officer

« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2017, 02:36:57 PM »

HB1, I am intrigued.  :-)  I have to admit, I was a little leery of the premise, but Krennic?  LOL  Why not?  If Jyn and Cassian can be alive, why not Krennic?  I do want to go back and check one thing on the continuity of this, though: I was thinking that Cassian actually killed Krennic on the transmission tower before the Death Star strike, but he might have still been alive.  I honestly cannot recall, so I'm more than willing to let it go.  :-)

BTW, I LOVE the K-2SO reboot!  I did something similar with a droid in my story, R3-T2, basically a reload from stored memory into a new "body".  One advantage of the droids - they can actually do a "brain transplant".  :-)  Though the idea of K-2 being a force ghost while also being alive...  Talk about a split personality!

I also like the way you've pulled in the canon characters.  We don't really know what the Rebels did immediately after the attack by the Death Star, though it seems obvious that they abandoned Yavin IV soon afterward to avoid the Imperial Fleet.  Hunting down Krennic easily fits into that gap in time, though.  So I'm looking forward to seeing where they go.  :-)

All I can do right now is laugh 😂

HeartbreakOne
Knight Officer

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2017, 03:17:08 PM »

Actually, I'm discontinuing the story. I'm very sorry.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2017, 03:51:40 PM »

Sorry to hear that HB1  Sad

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2017, 04:09:18 PM »

Sorry to hear that!  :-/

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2017, 09:25:37 PM »

Too bad, anyway I think you really nailed the emotions between Jyn and Cassian, the mix between the excitement of their new relationship and the uncertainty that can bring at times (e.g. Jyn asking why do you love me), as well as the passionate excitement of a new relationship, in particular chapter 6 was great, very moving.

Lord_S_Gray

HeartbreakOne
Knight Officer

« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2017, 09:31:29 AM »

Chapter 20: Desperate

"Yes. Yes, affirmative. Have those units set up strong defense perimeters around those convoys. The surveillance equipment must be protected at all costs, and we cannot afford to lose a single one." Captain Andor says thru his commlink as he is sitting at his desk in his office, advising the intelligence units sent to other star systems that were on the lookout for Imperial forces. It was a usual task that Cassian handled daily, hence his rank of Captain and title of Intelligence Officer.

"If any Imperial troopers get past any one of our units, this base will be compromised before you'll know it. Stay alert." He commands with a mighty, confident, determined voice.

"Yes, sir!" One of the leaders of the Rebel units responds before cutting off communications.

Cassian sighs and shuffles some papers in front of him, and sipped on his morning tea as he skimmed through a couple of pages containing reports of Rebel cargo and operations in nearby planets. A couple of minutes in, his mind begins to doze off. And when he does, his eyes shift around his desk, left to right.

And they land on a photo of Jyn that he kept on his desk, contained inside a white metal propped-up frame. It showed Jyn standing in the main hangar with her arms crossed, looking out to the aircraft grounded near the front hangar entrance. Apparently, the base's journalist snapped the photo that day, and Jyn's back was facing the camera. But at least it showed part of her face and her side fringes. Luckily, the journalist was nice enough to give Cassian a copy of the photo of Jyn, to which he happily accepted instantly.

And whenever Cassian gazed at the photo, he couldn't help but find her slim & short figure attractive. Cute.

Cassian takes another sip of his tea and begins typing on a document on his computer when suddenly his office's doorbell rings.

"Yes?" The Captain calls out towards the door.

No answer.

"Hello? Who is there?" Cassian calls out again.

Still, no answer.

He sighs and gets up from his chair, lazily walking across the room, and when he reaches for the buttons next to the door to open it, his mind was already predicting. It could be...

Jyn.

And K-2SO standing behind her.

This catches Cassian by surprise, as he was sure that Jyn had work to do during the regular day in the Rebel base. But, nevertheless, he was always happy to see her, whether she was doing her job or just sitting around doing nothing.

"Jyn! Hello. Are you feeling okay?" Cassian greets and asks her.

However, she does not say a thing. She looks as though she is sad. She gazes up into Cassian's eyes with nothing to say at all, because she is silent. Because of this, Cassian feels concerned, and he wanted to embrace her and comfort her.

K-2SO looks at Cassian, then at Jyn, then back at Cassian again. "She wanted me to come along. I asked why. She did not say. She just walked off immediately to your door. So, here I am." K-2SO's robotic voice informs the Captain as he nods in response.

"You can come in. I was just doing some work." Cassian says. He remembered what went down last night: Jyn's long vent about her past. It was a long night, alright. Cassian thought to himself that it was one of the best feelings ever to sympathize for Jyn, to comfort her and hug the frustrations and fears out of her inside soul.

And the part he loved best?

Embracing his young Sergeant as she leaned against his chest with no clothes on; only her kyber crystal necklace around her neck remained, and the emotional tears streamed down her smooth white cheeks from her forest green eyes.

Though, Cassian never had a relationship to any other Rebel like that, he was glad he had it with Jyn.

"I was going to go down for lunch in half an hour, so..." Cassian says, but his sentence trails off when he suddenly feels the pair of soft lips pressing against his lips, and arms wrapping around his neck.

Jyn immediately pinned herself against her Captain, kissing him with her arms wrapped around his neck. She did it out of nowhere, and it caught Cassian by surprise.

"Uh...Mmmm." Cassian moans as he attempts to return the wave of kisses bombarding his lips.

They could hear a couple of male Rebel soldiers walking and chattering at the end of the long corridor, but they ignored them and continued with their 'usual' routine.

As Jyn pulls away from the kiss, she looks up at him though thin sheets of tears. Her heart was in emotionally sharp pain, and it was pounding more rapidly by the minute. She wanted Cassian, badly. She wanted to bond with him the way they always do. She needed it right there and then. Cassian opens his eyes and looks into Jyn's green stardust eyes; they became mesmerized from the beauty and the increasing emotions he sensed in them. After a few seconds of silence between them, Jyn is able to form a small smile with her lips through the tears in her eyes as she locked her stare into Cassian's eyes.

And Cassian received the message instantly. He knew the 21-year-old Rebel well enough already to know what goes on through her reckless mind. She didn't need to speak. She was already showing him. That was their way of communication to each other, their special method of bonding with each other. And Cassian knew he was going to feel great later.

"Well, come on in, Sergeant Erso." Cassian whispers loudly, with a wink and a smile as he begins to step backward into his office, pulling Jyn along.

Jyn begins to unbutton his beige long-sleeve shirt, and eventually exposes his bare muscular top half as his shirt falls to the floor. She then pushes up on her toes to reach up and plant more deep, passionate kisses on Cassian's face due to her short height and his tall height. The 27-year-old Captain smiles and wraps his arms around Jyn's waist as he reciprocates her kisses.

K-2SO, on the other hand, stares at his two superiors. He watches them for a very long moment, watching them trade kisses, breaths, and moans.

"Umm...." K-2SO mutters. He shifts his head towards the floor, then back up at the sight of Jyn & Cassian making their love to each other. It was that moment that he finally realizes why Jyn wanted him to come with her to Cassian's quarters on the 8th floor.

"I'll just stand here and keep watch..." K-2SO mutters as he pushes the button on the keypad next to the automatic sliding metal door of Cassian's door to close it. The security droid whistles as it stands guard outside Cassian's quarters on the corridor of the 8th floor.

With Jyn and Cassian alone in the room, they get close to his bed. She buries her face into Cassian's chest and embraces him, to which he embraces her as well.

Jyn came to him this instant because she was desperate: desperate for his love, desperate for his presence.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2017, 12:46:55 PM »

Welcome back HB1!  This was a pleasant surprise  Smiley

I am glad that you decided to continue your narrative, especially as it's unique compared to TR's, LSG's, Karm's, and my own stories.  Your characters exhibit a passion with each other (and within) that translates superbly with your writing.  They have been given this second chance at life and they choose to LIVE, not wasting moments.  Beautifully written  Smiley

But I also like how you inject humor as well: K2 makes an excellent comic foil for the two lovers.  And it's done subtlety and in-character.  Well done!  I hope you continue  Smiley

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

HeartbreakOne
Knight Officer

« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2017, 02:22:21 AM »

Welcome back HB1!  This was a pleasant surprise  Smiley

I am glad that you decided to continue your narrative, especially as it's unique compared to TR's, LSG's, Karm's, and my own stories.  Your characters exhibit a passion with each other (and within) that translates superbly with your writing.  They have been given this second chance at life and they choose to LIVE, not wasting moments.  Beautifully written  Smiley

But I also like how you inject humor as well: K2 makes an excellent comic foil for the two lovers.  And it's done subtlety and in-character.  Well done!  I hope you continue  Smiley

This story is going to be dark in the next few chapters, while maintaining the love story between Jyn and Cassian. It's my story, I designed it that way. I'll give you a hint... Wink

*whispers*: Casino Royale Wink

HeartbreakOne
Knight Officer

« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2017, 08:36:16 PM »

Chapter 21: Something in Common

The 21-year-old former criminal stands there, in the vast crew lounge, holding her tray of food as she shifts her head & eyes left to right and vice versa. Apparently, Jyn found no one to sit with for lunch. Actually, she usually doesn’t find anyone to sit and chat with at the Rebel base on Yavin 4, given her reputation and criminal history despite sending the Death Star plans and miraculously coming back to life with her Captain, Cassian Andor. Though, Jyn never managed to make any other friends in the Rebellion other than Cassian, K-2SO, and possibly Leia & Luke. There were some female Rebels present too, but given her dark, rough past and her aggressive, cold personality, she felt she wouldn’t be able to socialize & bond with the other female Rebels, because she knows she isn’t like them. She knows she was still the lonely girl trying to find her place in this journey.

Luckily, she is able to find a completely vacant table that was isolated away from the other tables full of infantrymen, after minutes of searching. It was situated outside, under the sunny afternoon, and it was under a tree that provided shade, luckily for Jyn. Once she sits down, she begins to munch away at her food.

She had seen Cassian earlier in the morning, where he told her that he was going to go into a meeting with Mon Mothma, Princess Leia, General Draven, and the other superiors to discuss something important. He said it would take a very long while, so Jyn decides to spend most of the day by herself since she had no obligatory duties for the day.

“Same as always.” Jyn thought to herself quietly as she picked the fork at her food. “Oh, well.” She adds. She was picking at her food with one hand, and the other arm was bent so that her elbow leaned on the table, propping her cheek & head up. Jyn was bored.

However, she felt a strong feeling around her. Her kyber crystal started to warm up, and Jyn notices a blow glowing aura right next to her. Turning her head to see who it is, her lips form a slight smile when she sees the Force spirit of Bodhi Rook, her deceased Rogue One teammate, sitting next to her. However, despite his appearance, she still felt lonely without Cassian around.

“How’s our little sister?” Bodhi asks, referring to Jyn, who was called sister by Baze Malbus before their raid on Scarif. He tilts his head to the side, curious about what was going through Jyn’s mind.

The reckless, undisciplined female Rebel sighs a long sigh after turning back to her food. “Nothing, I guess.”

Although, Bodhi nodded and accepted her answer, he nevertheless didn’t believe she was fine. So, he shrugs his shoulders and looks out into the distant dunes of trees below the balcony. “You know, I was just like you. You know…” Bodhi starts to explain, causing Jyn to gulp down some food and look at him. “…while I was still with the…..the Empire.” He finishes. Jyn nods and still gazes at him, urging him to continue. “I wasn’t always exactly happy with the way things were….or how I turned out.”

“That’s why you joined…us.” Jyn declares, and Bodhi nods as in ‘Yes.’

“Well, not only that. But I’m glad I did. It was Captain Andor who found me.” Bodhi states, still looking into the waves of trees in the distance. Jyn looks up at the sky, reflecting back to their time in Jedha when they were captured. ‘The cell, perhaps.’ Jyn thought. But that is where Rogue One started, right there and then.

“You know, Captain Andor really goes for you, you know?” Bodhi blurts out after a long moment of silence. Thus, Jyn immediately looks at him with her stale, cold green eyes, and she is curious as to why he is bringing up Cassian.

“Yeah..?” She replies vaguely.

“He would go to the ends of the galaxy for you, it seems. I’ve seen the looks on his face when he sees you. Even when he hears your name, I sense the hint of happiness that I’ve never seen from him before.” Bodhi declares, and he finally turns to her to inspect her facial expression.

Jyn suddenly turns her head back to the trees, thinking of Cassian. Because, now, she feels as though she couldn’t breathe if Cassian was not within an arm’s length around her. Whenever they parted for some circumstance, even if they’re just separating to sleep in each’s own quarters, she felt the pain in her chest. She felt the anxiety on her shoulders. She felt the whole galaxy was weighing down on her.

“ Cassian. That is what is troubling you lately. Am I right, little sister?” Bodhi asks; though, he knows he is exactly right. He just wants to see if Jyn would deny it.

Jyn finishes the last of her food, gulps down a whole can of water, and leans her back against the table, silent. She just stays silent as her response to her deceased friend.

“You love him so much, it hurts. To…to think something will happen to him anytime. That’s where the fear is, yeah?” The former Imperial asks, nodding his head with the question.

Jyn still stays quiet, because she feels a tear about to burst from one of her eyes.

Bodhi looks down at the floor, then up at the sky. “I wouldn’t worry much. Both of you made it this far. Captain Andor would do anything he can to protect you and the ones he loves.”

“I hope you’re right.” Jyn mutters, sighing after shifting her gaze to the ground.

“Have faith, Jyn. The Force is with us.” Bodhi declares to Jyn as he places his hand on her shoulder. Though, she can’t feel his touch because of his spirit form.

“Thanks.” Jyn says. But as she turns to look back at Bodhi, he is gone.

((()))

Leia sighs in slight frustration as she walks out of the command center where the meeting took place. She hated long meetups as much as she hated Stormtroopers, and it already made her day aggravating. It was a few hours later, and she & the other leaders, as well as Cassian, just got done with their discussion of some Rebel operations going underway at the moment. The whole time, she thought of how Luke was holding up, since he was with an infantry unit in some planet out there as well. The Princess needed a break, and she definitely needed someone to chill out with.

Coincidently, and surprisingly, as Leia turns a few more corners of some hallways, she sees Jyn, who is commanding one of her base infantrymen under her command. Indeed, Jyn had her own unit to lead in the base. Her unit was doing inventory of weapon supplies, and she was in charge of making sure her men get tasks done efficiently. Leia smiles as Jyn ends her discussion with the young Rebel and part ways. Jyn then proceeds to walk towards Leia, who is also surprised to see her.

“Sergeant Erso!” Leia calls to her.

“Oh, Princess Leia. Hi.” Jyn responds with a hint of respect to her superior by slightly bowing & keeping her eyes glued to the floor. Much to Leia’s amusement, she shrugs off the act.

“No need for formalities, Jyn. Behave like you normally would. Please.” Leia chuckles.

“Umm…sure!” Jyn shrugs, feeling slightly embarrassed, since she still felt awkward about appearing to a superior of the Rebellion after being a former criminal for some time. Though, she realized it must take some getting used to from now on.

The two young women walk together, shoulder-to-shoulder down the long hallway while other Rebels walk past by. Leia walks steadily and calmly, with her hands behind her back and her white dress gliding along the floor with every stride, whereas Jyn walks with a sense of nervousness, letting her hands hang down both sides of her thighs and balled into tight fists. Leia is the first to spark the conversation.

“Enjoying your rest time, I see?” Leia asks.

Jyn, at first, was reluctant to answer. She gulps nervously before answering to her leader. “Pretty much, yes. How did the meeting go? How’s Cassian? Is he still in there?” Jyn asks away, much to Leia’s amusement. Leia knew that Jyn was very anxious about Cassian, and that she yearned to know what he was up to the whole day.

“He is fine! Don’t worry. He’ll be dismissed shortly, I assure you.” Leia laughs & answers Jyn, while Jyn just nods calmly, with a shot of relief rushing through her now.

“Princess?” Jyn says as they turn a corner leading to another hallway.

Leia looks at her Sergeant with curiosity, her eyes gazing at her, urging Jyn to speak out. “Yes, Jyn?”

“Why does this conflict…this war…have to go on?” Jyn asks Leia when her head hangs down, so that she is now looking down at the floor, dismayed. Seeing Jyn in a gloomy mood, Leia shrugs and tries to come up with something to say.

“The people have done this. They caused this war, and all the pain that came with it.” Leia explains. “That’s why the Rebel Alliance is here to keep the peace.”

Hearing that from Leia, Jyn begged to differ. She knew what she has witnessed in her past thirteen years of her life, and it was not pretty. “But all this has brought to me is pain, up until the moment Cassian and I came back.”

Leia shrugs and smiles a small smile. “Well, it’s not bringing you pain now.”
Perhaps, Leia is right, Jyn thought. Because she feels so close to Cassian, she cherishes him greatly, that she doesn’t feel pain from the effects of the Rebel operations and the Galactic War, but from the effects of being in love with Cassian and missing him whenever he isn’t by her side. “Oh…right.”

“War. Pain. Suffering. The inevitable. Conflict won’t stop itself. Question is, what do we do about it?” As she asks this question, both women stop walking and look at each other.

Hesitant for a response, Jyn says the first word that came to mind. “Fight. But….I feel like it’s not enough…”

Leia comes up with a better answer. “We protect the ones we love.”

And that brought a slight smile to Jyn’s lips, for a sense of hope and joy rushed up her spine. She looks at Leia.

“You see all these Rebels here?” Leia looks around her, while Jyn does the same. Many infantrymen walk by them at a faster pace. “They all have a reason to be here. They came here because fear conquered them. Now, they’re here because they are fighting for something. They may not know it, but I treat them all like they’re family. It’s my duty to protect them. If we can protect the ones we love, then we can protect the very thing that we all hope for in the galaxy.”

“Peace…” Jyn whispers loudly so that only Leia heard it. Leia nods and they continue walking down the hallway.

“I know how much Director Krennic’s surprising existence is troubling you and Captain Andor. He may be even more dangerous than your first encounter with him now that he has the ability to start more massive destructive weapon projects for the Empire.” Leia says, catching Jyn’s immediate attention.

“How is the intelligence coming along?” Jyn asks.

“Right now, we have units in other planets undergoing field operations, but we should have more information within the next few days. It won’t be long before we have another major operation. And you, Captain Andor, and that droid of yours had better be ready.” Leia informs the 21-year-old woman.

Jyn nods in response. “Right.”

Leia stops in her tracks, causing Jyn to stop walking too, and Leia turns to Jyn to face her. Their eyes gaze into one another’s, reinforcing the confidence and trust they had between each other. “Listen, Jyn. This war, and Krennic, is the only thing standing in the way between you and Captain Andor. The best you can do, the best anyone can do, is fight for him. Embrace him to the end. Jyn, if Captain Andor is really worth the universe to you, fight for him.”

Upon saying that, she places a gentle hand on Jyn’s soft cheek, and when she did, Jyn instantly felt a tear about ready to fall down her cheek. The statement was heartfelt and true and encouraging. Jyn couldn’t help but grab ahold of Leia’s hand and squeeze it gently, signaling to Leia that she absorbed the wisdom and encouraging words. Leia smiles at her 21-year-old Sergeant, for she knows Jyn is strong enough.

Suddenly, R2-D2 approaches the two young women from behind, catching their attention by making beeping noises. Obviously, it had something to say to them.

“What is it, R2?” Leia asks, bending down to R2-D2’s level. R2-D2 replies with some more beeps. “They do? Okay.” Leia stands back up and looks at Jyn. “Han and Chewbacca want me to meet them in the Millennium Falcon. You want to come?”

At first, Jyn is hesitant to say anything. Eventually, she plucks up the courage to accept. “Sure!”

“Also, R2-D2 says he needs some maintenance done. Do you know how to fix a droid?” Leia asks.

Jyn shakes her head and smiles slightly. “Maybe a thing or two.”

((()))

It was Jyn and R2-D2 alone in the center lobby of the Falcon, where the round table was. Leia, Han, and Chewbacca went to run a couple of errands while Jyn stayed behind to perform a few repairs on the small blue & white colored service droid that stood before her. Jyn sighs as she pulls out some old wires from inside one of the compartments on the main body.

“You’ve probably been through a lot, haven’t you?” Jyn asks with a hint of playfulness in her voice. She notices how the white and blue paint on the droid were faded out, compared to the vibrant colors on the newer service droids that she’s seen around the Yavin 4 base.

R2-D2 beeps a few beeps.

“So have I…” Jyn mutters, referencing her rough childhood.

R2-D2 makes a few high-pitched beeps.

“Oh, if you were human, you’d feel like hell too.” Jyn gently bangs the side of R2-D2’s dome-shaped head, causing it to chirp loudly. Jyn shakes her head and begins replacing new wires into the compartment she was working on. R2-D2 then beeps, asking another question. “You mean, K-2SO? Oh…right.” Jyn says, reaching into the compartment that held some of R2-D2’s tools. “He can be hard-headed.”

Hard-headed. No pun intended…

R2-D2 chirps in a way that indicated it is laughing about Jyn’s comment.

Jyn struggles to splice the wires, so she tries harder, shifting positions for a better angle. “What is it with you droids always getting shot at? It’s funny…how you and K-2SO attract so many blasters….but you never get shot, and K-2SO does. Huh….” Jyn wonders as R2-D2 beeps in amusement. “I wish I was that invincible.” Jyn mutters under her breath. It didn’t take long for Jyn to finish up the last repair on R2-D2 before sighing in relief.

“There you go. Happy? Ya slimy bugger.” Jyn playfully says, patting R2-D2’s head before standing up on both feet and throwing the wrench aside. R2-D2 beeps some more.

“You have something for me!?” Jyn tilts her head to the side, curious.

R2-D2 chirps.

Predicting that it’s a surprise, Jyn shrugs and nods. “Cool. I’ll wait upstairs.”

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2017, 07:36:19 PM »

I like the dichotomy that Jyn, the elder of the two, is the one full of doubt whereas 19 year old Leia is the wise, confident one offering advice.  The disparity in stations between the two is forgotten as they connect with shared concerns.

Good match up with Jyn and R2.  It seems a natural pairing  Smiley

I'm still wondering how Krennic survived.  I hope we get that answer  Wink

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: