Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Consular Green looks almost Emerald Green?  (Read 1602 times)
jimmy_p
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 5

« on: October 21, 2017, 01:35:27 AM »

Hello all. I wasn't sure if I should put this in discussions or questions but I felt it fit a little better here. Anyway I just received my grab bag which was an initiate V4 in silver. I started looking around the forums for cool color combinations when I noticed something a little odd about my first ultrasaber. It's supposed to be Consular Green but based on descriptions and pictures it appears more emerald green. I even noted this in my review way back when but didn't think anything of it as I love the color and thought it was supposed to look that way. I really started to notice something though when I was playing around with my Hasbro Luke and saw that the colors were quite noticeably different. This isn't a complaint in anyway as I love both colors I'm just curious to know whether consular green is supposed to be more similar to the Hasbro Luke green. Granted I did get my first saber years ago so maybe the company changed its green led. I'll take some pictures so you all have a better idea of what I'm talking about. Sorry if I got a little ramble-y. It's just a curiosity I have.

It's hard to get the colors to come out well on camera but this is really close to the difference between the two. The ultrasaber is on the left.

Again the ultrasaber is on the left. This gives a good idea of what the color of it looks like. Especially up near the top.

Thanks to anyone who can answer this question. Also I'll be reviewing my new saber soon.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 02:05:55 AM »

Good question/observation that a lot of people have.

The LEDs have a wavelength, and therefore color, range that they can fall I to and still be considered that color. That means the same LED manufacturer could sell a CG LED that looks like either of the ones you pictured and still fall within an acceptable color tone and be called CG. This happens to greens quite a bit.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

jimmy_p
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 01:34:01 PM »

Thanks for the answer. I had a feeling it might be something like what you described but I still wanted to confirm. But that brings up another question. Does the company achieve Emerald Green simply by using green LEDs that are closer in color to mine? Or do they combine two or three LED colors like with Sentinel Yellow? Either way I'm glad I pretty much wound up with EG by pure happenstance. I'd say I even like it a slight bit more than the green of the RotJ saber.

Bluelightsaber
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: 51

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 01:19:05 AM »

I have both those sabers in real life - a Tri consular green and a black series luke. In real life, they actually look opposite of what your pick shows. Where the black series Luke is a bit more of a foresty green while the tri consular green is a real lime, green jello kind of look to it.

Like this

I also got a mystery box green saber that is a bit more foresty looking but it's a single LED as far as I can tell so I assume it's a variation of CG.

jimmy_p
Knight Aspirant

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 09:00:48 PM »

My CG saber is actually a single LED. I'm thinking that might have something to do with the color. Like maybe three LEDs allow for a more consistent color somehow. Either way I'm happy with the single LED as green is one of the brightest colors. The grab bag I just got is a Tri Adegan Silver and it's so bright that it hurts my eyes. I'm almost glad the filters dim it slightly as it makes the brightness more manageable. But now I'm getting off topic. As I said I'm sure happy that the saber wound up being close to EG. It's also neat that even though I have two green sabers, they're considerably different in terms of color.     

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: