Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Question about the Catalyst...  (Read 4110 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 03:56:02 PM »

If its Lee Filters you should try the one silver, I forget its name, its more of a truer silver color. Should definitely give the moonlight blue color a try, its a nice shade of blue =] There was a combo of blues I did once that had a really nice bomb shade of blue I loved but I forget which ones x.x Ohh try the silver and moonlight blue together see how that turns out Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2017, 04:00:53 PM »

If its Lee Filters you should try the one silver, I forget its name, its more of a truer silver color. Should definitely give the moonlight blue color a try, its a nice shade of blue =] There was a combo of blues I did once that had a really nice bomb shade of blue I loved but I forget which ones x.x Ohh try the silver and moonlight blue together see how that turns out Tongue

I will!  Thanks!

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2017, 04:02:49 PM »

Since it'll be Tri-AS you wont have to worry about the brightness at all then Tongue I'll look up the name of the silver real quick that I saw though last time I had a book

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2017, 04:06:59 PM »

Yeah moonlight blue and arctic white should look interesting together =] The moonlight blue is amazing alone though especially if you put two in. its almost a medium shade of Guardian Blue

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2017, 05:36:01 PM »

Yeah moonlight blue and arctic white should look interesting together =] The moonlight blue is amazing alone though especially if you put two in. its almost a medium shade of Guardian Blue

Thanks!  I will definitely do some experimenting.  That's one reason I wanted the Tri-Cree AS, the brighter light would seem to be a better fit for color filtering.  :-)

Kailthir
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 43

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2017, 03:26:43 PM »

As far as the set screws go... I ordered a Catalyst and had them put a set screw in each of the 4 prongs. 1- for blade security and 2- for asthetic reasons. I can tell you that it is now a very firm blade. No wiggle or movement in it at all. Actually I think I will do the same for any new saber I buy. And with the in adorned hilt... it begs for customization and imagination.

I highly recommend this saber with the 4 set screws. Its by far my favorite saber. A blank canvas for customization and truly making it an extention of yourself. Be advised... it spins fast.. real fast. Actually it is a very quick saber. Parys, deflections and counter strikes... Very fast.

This is my 2 credits worth. Your opinions may differ.. and that's cool Smiley

"Judge me by my Saber, do you?"
"And well you should not..."
"...For my ally is UltraSabers, and a powerful ally it is"

StarWarsForce
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -106

Light or Dark Points? You choose!

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2017, 12:51:23 AM »

Thanks for the suggestions!

Sabers I own (in order of how I got them):
Dominix LE V4--AS--Stunt
Consular--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Manticore CE--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Crimson Reaper--Tri AS--V4 Sound (Free Premium GB)
Dark War Glaive Body/Crimson Reaper Emitter/Crimson Mantis Pommel Mix--BR--Stunt (Free Premium GB)
Dark Prophecy V3--DVA--V4 Sound
Initiate LE V4--CG--Lite Sound (2nd Summer Raffle Win, 4th Prize, 2016)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2017, 12:59:06 AM »

Depending on where the stock set screw is when I go to get one I'll probably have US's put another one opposite of it, this gives me a lot of info so =]

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2017, 09:39:52 PM »

So, they're here!  Just a quick peek.  Will start playing with filters in the near future.  :-)

Dano
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 26

Light side points please!

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2017, 01:29:57 AM »

They look great! So after hearing so much about it, what do you think of the Catalyst?

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2017, 04:23:10 AM »

Definitely make for a very elegant staff there

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2017, 03:33:29 PM »

So, my initial thoughts on the Catalyst: Its very light and very fast!  So far I haven't had any blade issues, but I'm using a 32" mid-grade blade and only swinging it around.  It does seem to feel a bit ...  insecure is the word that comes to mind.  Not that it's popped out or anything, but the shallow socket makes for less control than I like.  The deep-socket hilts always feel so  solid.  :-)

But set that aside for a moment: This hilt is AMAZING in the hand!  It is light and responsive and the choke-point is excellent, and the Dark LE version is visually stunning.  We just recently moved, so my swatchbook is still AWOL, but once I find that I will be filtering a nice Sentinel Yellow on this, and I will probably also set it up with a light blue and violet color.  I suspect all of them will look amazing.

One thing I really like a lot - a lot of the US hilts are very "girthy".  This hilt doesn't feel that way AT ALL.  It feels slim and trim in the hand. 

And I like it a lot.  Probably my favorite purchase and right there with the Aeon and Sentinel for handling.  So far.  Though I would still probably default to an Aeon with a HG blade for actual dueling.

Dano
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 26

Light side points please!

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2017, 04:37:05 PM »

So, my initial thoughts on the Catalyst: Its very light and very fast!  So far I haven't had any blade issues, but I'm using a 32" mid-grade blade and only swinging it around.  It does seem to feel a bit ...  insecure is the word that comes to mind.  Not that it's popped out or anything, but the shallow socket makes for less control than I like.  The deep-socket hilts always feel so  solid.  :-)

But set that aside for a moment: This hilt is AMAZING in the hand!  It is light and responsive and the choke-point is excellent, and the Dark LE version is visually stunning.  We just recently moved, so my swatchbook is still AWOL, but once I find that I will be filtering a nice Sentinel Yellow on this, and I will probably also set it up with a light blue and violet color.  I suspect all of them will look amazing.

One thing I really like a lot - a lot of the US hilts are very "girthy".  This hilt doesn't feel that way AT ALL.  It feels slim and trim in the hand. 

And I like it a lot.  Probably my favorite purchase and right there with the Aeon and Sentinel for handling.  So far.  Though I would still probably default to an Aeon with a HG blade for actual dueling.

It's great to hear that you're enjoying them so much! And now you know that feeling of the blade "looseness" that a couple of the guys here had talked about and is kind of hard to describe, but "insecure" is a good way to put it. The Sentinel Yellow is going to look very nice!

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2017, 07:09:30 PM »

I'll get some pictures once I get my filters and can start adjusting the color!  :-) 

Its to bad the blade socket isn't a bit deeper.  I tried to install a blade plug and the standard US plug is to long to install.  LOL 

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2017, 09:57:26 PM »

Nice. Both actually looks kinda cool in Adegan Silver stock blade color so =] Definitely different and unique, fit for a Gray Jedi I think Tongue

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: