Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
Author Topic: Wind Chimes  (Read 26131 times)
Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« on: October 26, 2017, 02:35:50 AM »

OK... ON we go!  Let me start out thanking you guys.  The encouragement has been amazing and frankly I am humbled as I read the stories you folks are producing to think that my work is in the same category.  I really like the easter eggs and cross-overs that have cropped up, so I'm going to try to ... build on that, shall we say?  ;-)

Anyway, here goes nuthin'....

Wind Chimes

Chapter 1: Questions

I threw myself into a forward tuck-and-roll, carefully folding myself around my blade as I tumble across the floor.  Even now, after five months of rest, healing and rehabilitation, I can feel twinges of pain in my arm and side as I roll, and in my thigh as I come upright and spring high into the air.  Yellow fire flashes as I free my blade from the tuck position and exchange blows with my opponent.  He is fast and strong, but I know his body is just as well used as mine and older. 

Still the unexpected Ataru attack proves ineffective against his mastery of Soresu.  As I arc overhead a slight smile splits the red-and-black face of my opponent.  I sing the song of battle in my own chest: I know he sings it as well.

That is why he is so dangerous.

“Ataru?  I would have…” He begins a taunt, but even before my feet are on the floor I’m reaching out with the force.  A typical force push or pull, even an attempt to lasso a particular joint or tendon or any other foci within his person is pointless.  I’ve already tried.  But maybe..

I reach out and instead of him I use the force to grab the mat he is standing on, pushing it suddenly away from me – and out from under him.  He staggers forward, arms flailing, and for a moment he is off-balance, falling.

Vulnerable…

I strike.  Nothing fancy now, just a clean, fast cut.  My blade stops as he catches his balance and he stands, grinning at me as my blade hovers bare millimeters from his neck.  Silver-blue eyes shine and he throws back his head and laughs.  “Well done!  You’ve improved, Master Karmack.”

I grin back at my sparring partner and withdraw my blade.  The battle-song in my chest fades into a tranquil, pastoral sense in the back of my head and I wipe sweat from my brow.  “Thank you, Kage Silman.”

Kage Silman Lo deactivated his own blue blade and came to attention facing me.  I assumed the same posture, and with a flourish we both activated our blades and raised them in salute, then bowed, performed another flourish, and deactivated again.  Ritual complete, the Kage grinned again.  “So, how is the leg holding up?  I could have sworn you were starting to slow a bit and favoring it there at the end, but then you pulled that forward somersault off like you were twenty again.  That was nicely done.”

“Thank you, Kage Silman.  I have to admit, I still get twinges of pain and it can wear on me when I’m working out, but when the song of battle is flowing I don’t feel it.  Only afterward….”  I grimaced dramatically and rubbed my thigh.  “I’ll feel this properly tomorrow I am quite sure.”

“Yes, I have a some of those myself.  They never really go away.  Proof that I’m still alive.”  The Kage smiled a brilliant white-toothed smile.  “And I meant it when I said you’ve improved.  You were always dangerous, Karm, but that improvisation with the mat was very nicely done.  I was expecting something, but not that.”

“Well, sir, I am glad I didn’t disappoint.”  I couldn’t hide the pleasure in my voice.  Kage Silman Lo was of Dothamirian descent, a male smuggled off the planet as an infant and brought to M’Tzigon by his mother and father.  She had been a member of the Red Hills Clan.  He had been, on Dothamir, her chattel-slave.  Her radical views on female/male equality had led her Clan Mother to “suggest” she find a new home.  Fortunately for them a Republican freighter happened to be on-planet trading with the Singing Mountain Clan.  Vri Lo and her mate Shleiman had boarded the freighter and never looked back.  Their son Silman had been born almost exactly one standard month after they landed on M’Tzigon looking for a new life.  He had been inducted into the Order as a child and had spent his life serving the Mak’Tor, eventually leading the Mak’Tor Water Warrior Sect and serving as the Clan Singer before being voted Kage.  His policies had kept the Clan both active and mainly safe during the Purge, though many of their number had fallen to Vader and his Inquisitorious.  None had found M’Tzigon, however, in large part to his efforts to hide us in the force.  His power and closeness to the song, combined with his physical prowess and abilities with a blade made his praise very high indeed.  “So, where do we go from here, sir?”

With the Emperor and Vader gone and Corsucant returned at last to balance, the song was becoming freer and richer again.  But there was still a job to do.  Now that the way to build a “super laser” using these kyber “smart” crystals was out, it was imperative that the source of them be found – and stopped.  I waited, watching his face shift to thoughtful contemplation, and pondered the question myself.  What do we do next?

What very few knew was that the “singing” crystals of the Mak’Tor shrines in the Spire were … manufactured.  The crystals themselves were natural, but just as a Jedi or Sith spends time with his saber crystal infusing it with his own essence and personality, these crystals had also been “infused” – by Master Klu Xandin, widely acknowledged by the Singers of the Mak’Tor as the greatest that had ever lived.  He never shared his method, but the three crystals – light, dark and balanced – had been infused by their matching songs nearly 3000 years ago and placed in the monoliths he built for them in the Spire on Coruscant.  Until we opened those monoliths, all specific knowledge of the site had been lost, but the Council had known they were indeed there.  Master Chillum and I had partaken in a rather heated debate about the wisdom of maintaining the secrecy of those sites one night shortly after our return, but no consensus had been reached.  Since I was not a member of the Council, I had not been entitled to know.  That was the end of it. 

But now the secret was out, and it was apparently going to continue to be my job to find out where these new crystals were coming from.  The one I had acquired and then used to replace the missing “Light” crystal suggested that the removal of that crystal had something to do with the origins of these new ones.  How that all tied in, however, remained a mystery.  I had stayed in place as long as I had mainly because no one knew where Arnor and I should go next.  Hopefully that was about to change.  Kage Silman didn’t ask another Mak’Tor for a sparring match unless he had something else in mind.

Then the thoughtful gaze shifted again, back to the impish grin.  I couldn’t help but grin back.  Kage Silman’s features were pure Zabrak – red-black markings and horns garish and evil-looking.  His eyes, however, were bright and silver-blue and danced with mirth.  “When do you meet with the Council of Balance?”

“Three days.  They asked for a slight delay, no explanation.”  I replied.

“Very well.  You will have your answer then.  Until then, spend some time with your wife and relax.”  His smile turned impish.  “Maybe have another debate with Master Chillum.  He needs to explain why our newest Master will not in fact be accepting the position as Singer of the Council, after all.”

He bowed and I returned it.  It would be nice to spend a few more days with Arnor, but…

Three more days!  Argh!

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 07:08:06 AM »

This one's gonna be good (although it's not like the other two weren't good Wink). I love that you started out with the duel between Karmack and Kage Silman. The way you start it is intense, and makes it seem like you are in a battle with an enemy of great strength, but at the same time, it was a little lighter than your normal battles, giving the illusion that all is not as it seems. I'm really excited to see where this one leads, and where/what crossovers you have planned.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 01:19:32 PM »

Karm, your writing continues to impress^^  I can tell that your familiarity and comfort with your characters translates in an ambiance that sets the narrative and makes your stories truly enjoyable!

On a tangent, I completely agree that the stories being produced by yourself, LSG, and TR really inspire and make me want to bring my "A" game (thanks LSG for that turn of phrase  Wink)!

I already like Kage Silman.  Very nice dichotomy: his Zabrak ancestry vs. his upbringing.  And head of the Water Warriors?!  I KNOW that Zearic would be honored to meet him  Cheesy.  Karm's reluctance in accepting his promotion is...ironic given what I had planned with my own story  Wink. And it's good to see Karm and the courage of his convictions: he's never one to wait on the sidelines  Cheesy

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 03:33:44 PM »

Thanks guys.

Karmack has his reasons for not wanting to be on the council.  They're not all necessarily good ones.  :-)   That will probably be worked out more as we go in this story.
Meanwhile...  Yeah.  Cross-overs.  LOL

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 07:48:24 PM »

Hey guys!  Just a note: I've got a ton going on this weekend, so there will be a pause in production. :-)  Fear not, there's more coming! 
I'm greatly enjoying the ending acts of the other stories, so keep 'em coming!  :-)

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 08:17:22 PM »

Hey guys!  Just a note: I've got a ton going on this weekend, so there will be a pause in production. :-)  Fear not, there's more coming! 
I'm greatly enjoying the ending acts of the other stories, so keep 'em coming!  :-)
No worries Karm  Smiley  That'll just make me antici-

-pate your next installment that much more  Wink

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 08:52:34 PM »

No worries. I'm still trying to catch up on Rogue One: Resurrection, and I'm sure you guys are waiting for my next chapter, so I'll see if I can get one up sometime.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 03:39:19 PM »

Chapter 2: Allies

I approached the council chambers with more than a little apprehension.  Two weeks ago the current crop of padawans who had passed their trials had been formally inducted into the Order and assigned as Teidowans to their mentoring Koawans. Kenneniah had joined his peers in the front ranks of the remaining padawans, faces shining as they anticipated their own trials commencing soon.  His sister and younger brother had also been in the ranks behind him.  I had been able to feel each of them pulsing in the force, their songs bright in the greater melody of the Clan and the universe as a whole.  Ken and I had grown closer these last few months, which was good since I fully intended to take him as my Teidowan next year.  Arnor and I had both stayed closely involved in our children’s lives and progress since they became padawans.  Training the younglings and padawans in the art of the saber was especially rewarding, and I enjoyed it immensely.  It also kept me on my toes.  That and teaching history were the things I missed when on mission.  This had been the real temptation of accepting the Council seat: becoming a full-time teacher.  But if I had done so I would have been planet-bound, and training Ken would have fallen to another of necessity. 

No, I had other things to accomplish, and I would see my children trained.  Then, perhaps, the Council could impose on my time and efforts.  But not before!

Arnor chuckled next to me, sensing the tenor of my emotions and guessing the content of my thoughts.  “Karm, no one is going to impose on you today!  We’re here to get our next mission, not defend our fitness to be assigned to it!”

I looked down at her smiling eyes and smiled back.  “You are right, as ever.”  I took a deep breath and steadied my body’s rhythms.  “OK.  Let’s go find out what the Council has for us.”

“Like you don’t already know.” Arnor fired back.

“Only in general.  And as you know, the devil is in the details.”  I replied.  I ran my hand down my robe one last time, unconsciously verifying that everything was straight, and pushed open the door.

The chamber where the Mak’Tor Council of Balance met was round and hewn from the cool stone native to the planet.  The granite was a dark gray flecked liberally with red, green, blue and purple crystals.  It was rumored the crystals were the reason we were here, that they had called to the Founders that this was the place to settle when the Sith overran the Spire on Coruscant.  Then, as ever, we had been the Mak’Tor: followers of the Maker, singers of the Maker’s Song.  While the language and terms of the Jedi had long infused our systems and syntax the core beliefs were far different.  We were, however, defenders of the Light and Good, and so considered ourselves natural allies of the Jedi and natural enemies of the Sith.  The Sith agreed with our assessment whole-heartedly.  The Jedi … were not as clearly in agreement. 

I noticed the visitors immediately, and came to sudden halt.  Arnor bounced lightly off my shoulder, but she was also staring at the central chamber.  It took us far too long to recover our mental balance and resume our slow and purposeful walk to the center of the chamber.  The pause was ample proof that our outward calm was nothing but a sham.

Our different view of the force and isolation along the Outer Rim made visitors rare.  Finding not one but three visitors in the Chamber when we arrived was something of a shock.  As we walked down the stone aisle to the central circle where the Council sat I took a moment to observe these newcomers.

All three were wearing Jedi garb similar to our own, variations on silver and gray interspersed with color and covering belts that carried various gadgets and the ever-present light sabers.  The leader of the delegation was a small, delicate woman, a Hapan, striking in both appearance and bearing.  She was conversing quietly with Master Chillum while her second, a formidable looking warrior with a cybernetic hand hung on the words of Kage Silman.  From the markings of their robes I could see that the warrior was a member of the Water Warriors Sect, a group that Kage Silman was also affiliated with.  Kage Silman had spent some years on Zonama Sekot studying the ways of the Water Warriors, as had Master Chillum, before the Purge had driven us all into hiding.  It was obvious that the warrior was thrilled to meet someone of high rank from his own order and was clearly taking the opportunity to converse with him while it lasted.  Behind him, also a knight but clearly the junior member of the delegation, was a strikingly marked Togrutan.  She felt … light in the force.  Not that she didn’t have a presence, she was simply without worry.  It was a striking contrast to her mentor, who was quite serious and grounded despite his obvious fascination with Kage Silman.
My time for observation, however, had run out as we reached the edge of the circle and bowed, announcing ourselves.  “Members of the Council, Sage of Song Master Gray Karmack and Silver Koawan Arnor beg your audience.”

Kage Silman paused his conversation and returned the bow.  “Master Karmack!  Knight Arnor!  Welcome.  Join the circle and enter balance.”  His voice was light and I could sense that this would not be a formal briefing or form-fettered meeting.  I shot a quick side-glance at Arnor and caught a glint of humor in her eye as she met it with one of her own before we both advanced into the circle and joined the conversation there.

“Master Karmack, Lady Arnor, let me introduce you to our friends, Gray Jedi of the Vhal’Dan Order based on Zenoma Sekot.”  I found myself face-to-face with a petite and strikingly beautiful woman with equally striking blue lips.  “May I present Master Gray D’Aylanna Vih’Torr of the Vhal’Dan.” 

I dipped my head to D’Aylanna in a greeting of equals and evaluated her quickly.  Her song was strong, I could hear it clearly ringing around me, and the clarity of it was more striking than the power.  This was a formidable woman indeed.  Like most Hapan women she was physically beautiful but like Arnor it was also easy to sense that she was quite deadly – when she chose to be.  Not a woman to be trifled with.  “I am pleased to make your acquaintance, Master Vih’Torr.”

“Please, call me D’Aylanna.” She replied.  It will make things easier.  You’ll understand in a moment.”  I chuckled at the twinkle in her eye as she turned her attention to Arnor – and I met the eyes of the man who had seemingly teleported to D’Aylanna’s left shoulder.

Well, eye, actually, as the left had been replaced with a cybernetic implant. Kage Silman continued the introductions.  “Master Karmack, Lady Arnor, I present Maenowan Zearic Vih’Torr of the Vhal’Dan.  Zearic is also a fellow Water Warrior, having attained the Waterfall of Balance.”

I again bobbed my head, noting that Zearic returned the courtesy with ease and self-assurance.  At closer range I could see that his cybernetic hand mated with the organic at mid-forearm, typical of someone who had been dismembered in light saber combat.  His cybernetic eye and hand both appeared to be very good Hapan replacements, and from the eddies in the force around him I thought his left leg might be at least partially cybernetic as well, though I wasn’t sure.  Here was a man who had been through a very hard trial indeed!  Nor had only his body been scarred.  His eye was just as friendly as his wife’s eyes had been, but there was a certain veiled guardedness to them that I instantly recognized.  I reached out my own right hand in a clasp of friendship and he took it with a slight clash of the cybernetics.  The sound caused an instant break in the ongoing buzz of conversation around us, and we both grinned slightly at it.

Yes.  I think I like this man…

“Meanowan Zearic.  It is good to meet another of Kage Silman’s Sect. We have few Water Warriors here, unfortunately.”  I glanced at the Kage’s smiling face.  “We prefer singing to gargling.”

I was rewarded by the Kage’s laughter.  He was famous among the Mak’Tor for his inability to sing.  As he put it during social gatherings, he “couldn’t carry a tune in a bucket.”  Ironic, considering his more than modest ability to sing the Song of the Maker, though by his own admission he didn’t perceive it exactly as we apparently did.  The differences did nothing to diminish his skill, however, nor could they be adequately explained.  They simply were – and no one really cared anyway. 

Zearic looked slightly stunned for a moment, his eyes widened slightly but he instantly relaxed, perceiving that he was not being mocked.  As he relaxed his grin widened.  “Well, perhaps in the future we may return and … persuade you of the error of your ways.  In the mean time, I must say I am honored to meet you all.  Your healers are unmatched.  I have experienced their aid myself on more than one occasion.  And please, call me Zearic.”

I nodded “As you wish, Zearic.  My friends call me Karm, a play on my family name, which I won’t pronounce here.”  I let my grin widen.  “I don’t like to gargle, after all.”

“Ha!  Your clan names are worse than gargling!” Silvan said.  “These humans brought their clan culture to M’Tzigon with them from ancient Coruscant.  Even their writing was some kind of primitive runic symbols.  Barbaric!  Fortunately in the last century the influence of your Order has at least brought them into step with the rest of the Universe in regards to terminology and language!  Karmack, please let me present Koawan Jorya Fah.  Zearic is her mentor.”

I turned to the tall Togruta female tagging along behind Zearic, just taking it all in with a twinkle in her eyes.  She was outwardly calm but her presence in the force simply boiled with pent-up humor and playfulness.  I bowed to her politely and shook her hand as well before turning my attention back to the Kage.

“Kage Silman, thank you for the introductions, but am I right in assuming that this delegation from Zenoma Sekot isn’t here just for a social visit?”

“Lad, you’re killin’ me!” Boomed Master Chillum’s voice.  “Do you always have to cut right to the chase?”

I turned and bowed to my mentor and friend.  “Always, Master.  Always.”

The bright eyes laughed at me from his wrinkled face.  “And so you do.  So you do.”  He bowed to Kage Silman  “With your permission then?”

“Let the Council be convened.” The Kage replied, gesturing to the circle of chairs.  As we settled into them, the Council in their widely spaced outer ring of nine with Arnor, myself and the visitors in two curved lines facing the center, Master Chillum stepped down into the small stage area in the center and activated a hidden holographic system.  Instantly the air was filled with an image of a crystal, slowly tumbling along all three axes.  “Some time ago we intercepted a cache of Kyber crystals, modified in a way no one in our order had encounter in millennia.  We traced them and managed to destroy most of them before they could be used for ill, but the end of that mission did not lead us to the source as we had hoped.  While Master Karmack and his team returned and recovered I received a … troubling report from one of our healers operating along the Outer Rim.  With the permission of Kage Silman I reached out to Kage Oyuna for help and advice.  We go back a long way, the lass and I, and I was perplexed by how to respond to what we had learned.  What I was NOT expecting was what she shared with me, and which she has sent this delegation to share with us in detail.   Lady D’Aylanna?” 

I watched as Master Chillum sat and D’Aylanna stood.  The holograph shifted, the Kyber crystal joined by another one, subtly different than the first.  “Thank you, Master Chillum.  Some time ago a team of our own, in the course of investigating an attack on our own people, penetrated and downloaded the Imperial database from Kuat Drive Yards.”

There was no outright gasp from anyone on the council but I could sense the ripple of shock that flowed through the room.  Kuat?  They hit Kuat?!?  That was … audacious.  I stole a glance at Zearic and saw a look I recognized: vivid and painful memories playing unbidden across the mind.  So, a costly trip…

D’Aylanna paused to let us collect ourselves and continued.  “As you can imagine we’ve spent years combing through that data.  Only recently did we discover an indication of activity that oddly matched what you describe.  The key difference: the crystals themselves.  Instead of Kyber, we’re looking for Adegan Pontite crystals.  These crystals, unlike Illum or even Kyber, are potent and have a naturally occurring strong connection to the force.  If someone were able to pre-set that connection…” D’Aylanna let her voice trail off.  She hit one more key and the crystals disappeared, replaced by a fuzzy image of a partially constructed Death Star.  “The super-laser on the second Death Star was far faster to recharge and easier to aim than the first one.  That advancement we believe came from the programming of the crystals used in it’s construction.  They ‘knew’ what to do and so were only partially dependent on their hardware support to make the laser function.  What someone with the engineering knowledge to build that weapon could do with these crystals does not bear contemplation.  We know that there were two “programming” sites, one in Kuat and a second at Sallust, the staging area for nearly all of the materials shipped to Endor for the final construction of the second Death Star.  What we don’t know, or didn’t rather,” D’Aylanna tossed a nod to Master Chillum, “was who was doing the programming.  Sir?”

I sat up a little straighter as D’Aylanna sat down and Master Chillum returned to the floor.  “Thank you Lass.  As you can imagine, I was stunned when I learned this from Kage Oyuna.  Lady D’Aylanna has brought all of the details of this intelligence with her, and she now has a copy of everything we have on the “who” side.  You see, I didn’t know the “what”, just the “who”, which is…”  the crystals disappeared, replaced by two pale faces.  “Julwynn and Jennira Hri, Night Sisters from the Spider Clan of Dathomir.”  Master Chillum turned a quick grin at Kage Silman.  “No relation, I am sure.”  He turned back to the hologram.  “We don’t really know that much about these two, just that one was operating on Sallust and the other on Kuat.  Reports from Sallust indicate that the Sister there, Julwynn, had a small group of Sith Shadow warriors at her command and was seen in company with one Namman Cha, a Dark Jedi in service to the Emperor.  Cha is apparently the mastermind behind whatever is going on, and has a history of recruiting among the Dathomirian Night Sisters.  There were also reports of possible Inquisitorius activity, including a shadowy figure some IDed as Darth Vader, but we have confirmed reports that Vader was already at Endor at that time, so the identity of this Inquisitor is considered unknown.  All we know for sure is that they were equipped with similar cybernetics and apparently carried a red or orange bladed light saber.”

I sensed another ripple through the force at that last detail, this time emanating from Zearic, and to a lesser extent D’Aylanna.  So… They knew who this mysterious Inquisitor might be.  Someone with history…  Perhaps something to do with Zearic’s cybernetics, considering how he was suddenly flexing the right hand.  Interesting…

Master Chillum continued.  “Considering the two targets Kage Oyuna and Kage Silman agreed that we should split our effort.  D’Aylanna’s team is headed to Kuat to follow up on the lead there.  Karmack, you and Arnor will go to Sallust and track down Julwynn.  Our primary objective is to stop whatever devices or weapons these enhanced crystals are being prepared for.  If we can recover the crystals as well and liberate them that would be a bonus.”

I nodded, reaching out to the flow of the song.  What had been still and deep, the essence of “rest, wait, and see” had suddenly become urgent and full of movement. And there was a third thread…
Someone else would be coming with us.  Not Illian, he was immersed in training with Master Kovren.  But another thread, familiar…

Who?

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2017, 05:37:14 PM »

A big "Thank You!" To Dutchman for letting me so ruthlessly use his characters.  :-) I hope I didn't get to far out of line!
:-)

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2017, 06:12:36 PM »

So, SO MANY AWESOME things about this!!!!!!!

And so: it begins  Wink

Karm, PERFECT characterizations!!  This is EXACTLY what I was hoping for with our "shared universe" continuity; clearly, I need to up my game now in order to some how...succeed you in this fantastic installment!  I really enjoy the benefits of having access to such dynamic and interesting characters *cracks knuckles*  OK, now I've got my work cut out for me  Wink 

I LOVE seeing the meeting of the two Gray Clans!  Karm, this is one INCREDIBLE ride that you've started!  Seriously, I will warmly and happily reread this to gain more inspiration.  Although, I almost feel a bit bad: Karm's interpretation of my characters was delved from only one story whereas I've at least three to draw upon, YET, it's flawless!  I can only hope that I can do him (and you, the reader) proud  Smiley

...but who is the other, "familiar" thread...?

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2017, 06:15:35 PM »

I knew it. A Karmack/Zearic crossover. This is gonna be awesome. So excited for what lies ahead. I get the sense that we might get to see some more of Gaetana here as well, but who knows who it could be. Grin

Anyways, great job. Like I said, this is gonna be a fun story to read.

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2017, 06:53:08 PM »

So, SO MANY AWESOME things about this!!!!!!!

And so: it begins  Wink

Karm, PERFECT characterizations!!  This is EXACTLY what I was hoping for with our "shared universe" continuity; clearly, I need to up my game now in order to some how...succeed you in this fantastic installment!  I really enjoy the benefits of having access to such dynamic and interesting characters *cracks knuckles*  OK, now I've got my work cut out for me  Wink 

I LOVE seeing the meeting of the two Gray Clans!  Karm, this is one INCREDIBLE ride that you've started!  Seriously, I will warmly and happily reread this to gain more inspiration.  Although, I almost feel a bit bad: Karm's interpretation of my characters was delved from only one story whereas I've at least three to draw upon, YET, it's flawless!  I can only hope that I can do him (and you, the reader) proud  Smiley

...but who is the other, "familiar" thread...?

Don't sell your self short.  And we did exchange quite a bit of info as well  :-)  I am glad they meet your expectations, though.  I always get nervous when I put words in someone else's character's mouth. 
And yes, ONWARD!  THis will be FUN!  :-)

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2017, 06:57:11 PM »

I knew it. A Karmack/Zearic crossover. This is gonna be awesome. So excited for what lies ahead. I get the sense that we might get to see some more of Gaetana here as well, but who knows who it could be. Grin

Anyways, great job. Like I said, this is gonna be a fun story to read.

Geatana? Umm...

*looks at Teagan and Zearic*

Um.  I think we should let the ladies handle this one...

*sabers ignite.  D'Aylanna, flanked by Arnor and Jorya, advance on Gaetana, who shrieks a battle cry and leads Julwynn and Jennira into battle*

Oh yeah.  *pops popcorn*

You go get her hon!  You got this! 

*munch*

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2017, 07:08:47 PM »

Don't sell your self short.  And we did exchange quite a bit of info as well  :-)  I am glad they meet your expectations, though.  I always get nervous when I put words in someone else's character's mouth. 
And yes, ONWARD!  THis will be FUN!  :-)
*bow Thank you my friend  Smiley  Seriously: you did fantastic!

Geatana? Umm...

*looks at Teagan and Zearic*

Um.  I think we should let the ladies handle this one...

*sabers ignite.  D'Aylanna, flanked by Arnor and Jorya, advance on Gaetana, who shrieks a battle cry and leads Julwynn and Jennira into battle*

Oh yeah.  *pops popcorn*

You go get her hon!  You got this! 

*munch*
*cheer* Oh yeah ladies!  Grin

*pass popcorn please!  Wink

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2017, 10:17:08 PM »

You both seem to be kicking some goals with this set up, brings a lot of small thread from your prior stories together in a logical way which can be hard to do.

It's mostly set up so far, but its pretty good set up, the potential of some Gray . Night Sister combat really appeals to me...toss in some inquisitorial characters as well and it adds to an interesting mix.  In light of the confused situation after the Emperors death I can imagine there are going to be a lot of shifting alliance and various people scrambling to pick over the dying empires secrets - this kind of plan by the Gray Jedi fits precisely into that galactic situation, I doubt they would be this bold with the Emperor still around.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: