Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Author Topic: Interludes  (Read 955 times)
Karmack
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 377

Light side points please.

« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2017, 10:33:25 AM »

Wow, LGS.  All I can say right now is...  I really feel sorry for him.  :-/

Sabers I Own:   Aeon V4 Emerald/Obs V4 "Reverse LE", Aeon V3 "Reverse LE" stunt in AB, Aeon V2 stunt GB, Dark Apprentice Stunt in FO, Dominix V4 LE stunt in BR, Dark Catalyst LE Obs Lite in AG / Dark Catalyst LE stunt in AG (Staff), Emperor's Hand with dark accents, Obs Lite in VA, Guardian Obs Lite in AB.    Wish List:  Scorpion w/ Obsidian V4 and Emerald.

Karmack: Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 254

Guardian Blue is more than a color; it is my life

« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2017, 01:14:57 PM »

I'm reminded of a song from the 70s by Wishbone Ash:

"Throw down the sword/the fight is done and over/neither lost, neither won/To cast away the fury of the battle/and turn my weary eyes for home.

THIS Interlude has THAT feeling.  OR the "death poems" of samurai. 

You have a poet's soul LSG  Smiley

Zearic Vih'Torr, Maenowan Nexu Master of the Vhal'Dan Gray Jedi Order

“I do not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB
Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG
Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR
Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB
Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG

Wish List: Fulcrum&Lost Gray, AS&SY
               Emporer's Hand, VA

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

Lord of the Force

« Reply #77 on: December 09, 2017, 12:13:01 AM »

Interlude: Surprises

The landing had been a bit rough, due to the denseness of the forest, but like always, my expert skills as a pilot shine through successfully, and I eventually make a landing. Flying a YT-2400 freighter has its advantages, but sometimes those advantages can be disadvantages. This was one of those times. The size of the ship makes it hard to find landing zones at times. Belassar is a new planet to me. I have never been here before so I don’t know what to expect, though it looks like a cooler planet with lots of snow, as well as dense forests. I know Jord is expecting Rowahn, but he isn’t coming. At least not for a while. I think. Even if he did manage to somehow kill or escape the gorog, it will take him some time to get reoriented. By that time I should be long gone.

“Do you have a lock of Jord’s location?” I shout back to the six others in my crew.

“Yes, her ship is hidden down on the other side of this valley. We should be able to secure it and plant the tracker fairly quickly, and be back before she finds out should you fail to take her down.” One of the men replied.

“Should I fail to take her down? I don’t miss my shots. Now get moving before I miss your heart, and hit your head.” I say, my voice fringed with anger.

Removing my blaster from its holster, I attach the needed pieces to make the changes into sniper configuration, then stalk off the ship. I don’t have an exact location on Jord herself, but she probably is not too far from her ship. With the knowledge of an impending battle, she will want to stay near her means of escape. I could have just destroyed the ship, but if she does indeed prove too powerful, I don’t want to be left here with her when she can easily kill me.

After walking for a few minutes, I found a good position where I could observe the ship, and much around it, even if there were trees scattered around everywhere. Scanning the area through the weapon’s scope, I looked for Jord. I could not see her, so I set my sights on the ship itself, acting as overwatch for the crewmen who were replacing the tracking device. This way I was ready to either shoot Jord when she came back, or one or more of the crew should they be captured. They may have been loyal as long as I was paying them, but they were more loyal to their lives than to money. I wouldn’t have hired them if I did not need the extra manpower should I get boarded by pirates. They were pretty good in a fight, but I wouldn’t trust them with my life. Just them my comlink blinked. I had silenced the beeps, so that I would be harder to detect.

“Tracker is set. Heading back to the ship to await further orders.” Came the voice over the comlink.

I didn’t respond, but the men carefully began heading back. Just then I saw a flicker of movement on the slope above them. Quickly aiming at the area where I had seen it, I waited to see what would happen. A large animal came bounding out, and disappeared into the brush. Just then I heard the sounds of yelling and battle. The animal had distracted me from my men, and Jord had taken advantage of it. Stealing through the woods silently until the men had come upon her, then attacking. Most of them were heading back towards the ship as fast as they could while randomly firing shots off into the forest behind them. However, there were two that were a little farther behind a duros and a human. A stray blaster bolt flew into the duros, and he dropped instantly. The other made it a little farther, but Jord quickly caught up to him. She grabbed him with the Force, and threw him into a tree. Or at least that I what I assume happened. He randomly lifted up and hit a tree, though I hadn’t seen Jord do anything differently. The other men were quite a ways ahead of her now, and I had a fairly clear shot at Jord. Aiming just ahead of her as she ran, I squeezed the trigger and fired. The blast somehow just missed her head. However, this made her take cover, and move from tree to tree.

She had moved a few times before I realized that she was now heading back towards the injured man. She couldn’t reach him in time though. My shot flew true, right through his heart. I again waited for her to come out in the open, but I could no longer see her. I scanned the area, but saw no sign of her. Quickly readjusting my aim back towards her shuttle, I saw the landing ramp begin to close. How did she get there so quickly without my seeing her? I wondered as I watched her lift off. Before I could do anything else, she was headed back out towards space.

He couldn’t do anything now except hope that his men had successfully installed the new tracker. As he was heading back to his ship his comlink lit up.

“Sir, there is an incoming transmission for you.” The man said on the other side.

“Alright, I’ll be there shortly. Heading down the slope, I reached the bodies of the two crewman. The duros was dying, but not dead yet. Picking up his blaster, I shot him through the head. He had failed me, as had the other human. Their equipment was too useful to leave lying around though. Gathering everything the two men had, I headed back to the ship as quickly as I could.

I arrived a few minutes later, and after answering the transmission, I saw a very annoyed woman. This made me smile inwardly, though I didn’t show it, because the woman was the High Inquisitor Gaetana. “What can I do for you, Inquisitor?” I asked in a smooth voice as I ran my hand through my dark violet hair.

“There have been some . . . old acquaintances searching for me for the past few weeks. I’d like you to deliver a message to them for me. Tell them . . .” then apparently changing her mind she asked, “where are you right now?” 

“I am on the planet Belassar. Is there something that you need?” I returned.

“Hmm . . . that will work well. I would like you to inform them that you have some information about me that they might be interested in, then set a trap for them there.”

“I believe that can be arranged.” I said, then shut off the transmission.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"We are the spark that will light the fire that will burn the first order down." - Poe Dameron

[_((((((((_o_((((|=|   Current saber: Dominix v4                         

l l l l l l l l l_o_lll__|   Current saber: Dominix v2                          

|_[[[[[[[[[_o_|-|   Current saber: Dark Apprentice LE v4         

[_((((((((_o_|=|   Current Saber: Dark Initiate LE v4 Emerald 
(LS points appreciated)

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 550

Lord of the Force

« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2017, 12:15:38 AM »

So now you have read an interlude from Ethan's POV, and one from Caedon's POV. I have one more that I need to do, but it could easily be from either. Who would you guys like to see another one from right now?

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"We are the spark that will light the fire that will burn the first order down." - Poe Dameron

[_((((((((_o_((((|=|   Current saber: Dominix v4                         

l l l l l l l l l_o_lll__|   Current saber: Dominix v2                          

|_[[[[[[[[[_o_|-|   Current saber: Dark Apprentice LE v4         

[_((((((((_o_|=|   Current Saber: Dark Initiate LE v4 Emerald 
(LS points appreciated)

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 254

Guardian Blue is more than a color; it is my life

« Reply #79 on: December 09, 2017, 05:49:20 AM »

That.

Was.

BADASS!

Caedon is one icy SOB!  Business in front, murder in the back  Wink. Once again, you've done a tonal shift; definitely a different voice for him than either Ethan and Rowahn.  I can almost see him weighing in his mind the amount of credits versus expenses for losses (and underlings' failures  Wink).  Good scenery shift: snow-covered pine forests make for excellent imagery and setting. 

I have to admit that I am vacillating between Ethan and Caedon for POV... BUT if I absolutely HAD to pick one: Caedon. 

Nice easter egg!  We haven't seen Gaetana in awhile.  I really want to know more about THAT meeting and subsequent plans against her "old acquaintances"  Wink

As always, your action is enthralling, pulls me right in.  I feel like I am running in that Forest, blaster shots burning through the air.  Awesome visuals TR.  Can't wait for more!

Zearic Vih'Torr, Maenowan Nexu Master of the Vhal'Dan Gray Jedi Order

“I do not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB
Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG
Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR
Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB
Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG

Wish List: Fulcrum&Lost Gray, AS&SY
               Emporer's Hand, VA

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 2

« Reply #80 on: Yesterday at 08:28:28 PM »

Caedon certainly has the feel of a more true Sith in the Vader mould, killing off anyone who fails him, happy to eliminate underling rather than allow their capture, but still all business and so detached -  would definitely like to hear more of his POV.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: