Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32   Go Down
Author Topic: Interludes  (Read 146901 times)
Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #300 on: April 23, 2018, 12:11:54 AM »

So Sofa…I'm thinking Eva Green in 300 Rise of an Empire, little darker -

Bonus point Aresaea - Summer Glau, not too different from Milaea and Kiraea but that bit more youthful and sweet?

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #301 on: April 23, 2018, 02:19:45 AM »

So Sofa…I'm thinking Eva Green in 300 Rise of an Empire, little darker -

Yes!  Perfect comparison LSG!

Bonus point Aresaea - Summer Glau, not too different from Milaea and Kiraea but that bit more youthful and sweet?

OMG Inspired!  Yes, I could not have come up with a better analogue!

Awesome my friend!  Grin

And here's a decent analogue of Zearic (just imagine the previous qualifications: short shaved hair, 100+lbs.,  Wink)

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #302 on: April 23, 2018, 02:55:57 AM »

And here's a decent analogue of Zearic (just imagine the previous qualifications: short shaved hair, 100+lbs.,  Wink)

I can see that, sort of how an older Kyle Katarn or Corran Horn would look, but the size of Sandor Clegane! 

Lord_S_Gray

Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #303 on: April 30, 2018, 09:46:18 PM »

I figured I'd give a bit of an update with Zearic&Co. since it's been awhile so this takes place directly after "Reunion: Ch.8" and before "Brothers: Ch.18"
Interlude-Trouble Squared

As my wife entered our apartments, I called her name from our bedroom.  She’d been spending many a late night with Arnor busy with the Mak’Tor Council, their meetings often running into the early morning.  And since receiving a call late the night prior from “an old friend,” my wife had been a black hole of worry.  I thought I might have something to do about that…

“D’Aylanna.  Come here.”  I couldn’t mask my consternation as I spoke.

My wife must have picked up on the trepidation in my voice, her own tone full of concern and more than a little apprehension.  “What is it, Shakal?”  As she entered the room, she had her lightsaber in hand, ready to ignite.  The scene before her clearly wasn’t what she expected.

I stood in front of the full-length mirror shirtless wearing only my bottom nightclothes, my pale skin in contrast to my hairy chest.  Even glancing out of the corner of my eye, I could see the numerous scars that zigzagged across my back in the mirror, my chest almost as bad.  As my wife scanned the bedroom full of the Force, her dark eyes came to rest upon me.  “Shakal?” Her dark face looked into the mirror, into my hazel eyes.

I stared straight at my reflection, a dejected look upon my face.  “D’Aylanna.  Please, come here.”  Slowly, as if expecting a gundark to jump from the shadows, my wife came to stand beside me, her face full of concern.  Looking at her from my vantage in the mirror, her diminutive frame was a stark contrast to my bulk. 

“…Have you had another…nightmare?”

“Worse.”  Not meeting her eyes, I slowly held my cybernetic hand up to my chest.  “D’Aylanna.  Look.”  I stood there, silent.

My wife squinted, scrutinizing the area of my chest that I’d indicated.  Slowly shaking her head, she quietly stated, “…Shakal, I don’t see anything…just your scars…”  Her face was full of worry, almost apologetic.

Look!” I uncharacteristically hissed.  Again D’Aylanna examined my chest.

“…I...I am sorry, Shakal.  I…don’t see…”  Her voice was unusually timid, her blue lips pursed in dismay.

Slowly turning my head, I looked straight into her dark eyes.  “…I found…this.”  As her eyes followed my index finger, she still couldn’t see what I was indicating.  “D’Aylanna.  I found a…white hair.”  My lips imperceptibly trembled as I fought back a laugh.

Blinking, D’Aylanna gave my shoulder a slap, her entire demeanor changing as she relaxed, exhaustion catching up with her.  “…Zearic…you…”  I could tell that she was trying to hold in her own laughter.  “You fool; I…wasn’t certain what had happened.”  And against her considerable will, D’Aylanna’s mouth smiled, shaking her head with good humor.  But I could see just how tired she was.  And worried.  Something about her past… But I knew that she’d tell me when she was ready.

Approaching her from behind, I began to message her shoulders.  As expected, the muscles were taut with worry and fatigue.  Closing her eyes, she melted against me, shrugging out of her silver and burgundy robes as I continued.  “…By the Maker I need that…”  Her midnight blue hair fell out of the ponytail she’d tied, her hair spilling across her shoulders.

“No, Ereneda.  You need to rest.  I mean actual sleep.  You and Arnor have been working too much.”   ...And your “old friend” who has you so worried… I thought.  My big hands tenderly stroked her dark, slender neck.  “Besides, I’d like to actually sleep with my wife in our bed once…instead of being…ships that pass by in the night.”

D’Aylanna nodded.  “…I promise, Shakal.  Tonight.  But for now…”  She gently pulled away from me, turning to face me, dark circles underneath her eyes.  “I must needs sleep.  I promise that I’ll join you for lunch…”  She wrapped her arms around my waist, resting her face upon my barrel chest.  “Besides…aren’t you supposed to be training with Jorya this morning?”

Chuckling, I kissed the top of her head.  “Yes, dear.  But first…”  I cupped her chin, raising her lips to mine.  Kissing her deeply I picked her up in my arms, carrying her to the bed.  By the time I laid her on her side of the bed she was fast asleep, her head gently sinking into the soft pillows.  Removing her boots, I covered her with the soft blankets on the bed.  Quickly dressing, I then took one look at my wife before I shut off the illumination, the quiet and peaceful sounds of M’Tzigon filling the room.  But as I walked out of the apartment, the sun was already beginning to peak above the San’Ctus Mountains in the east…

<<<<< >>>>>

Grabbing Karm by his arm, I was able to draw him into a grapple. …I’ve got him… I thought, my arms straining.  Suddenly, he pivoted and—too late—I felt his leg hook mine.  I felt the room spin and, landing heavily on my back, I hit the mat hard.

Grinning, I saw Karm come into my field of vision.  His face was red with effort and he was breathing heavily but he had a lopsided grin.  “Well, we’re 4-2, my favor.  Another round?”  He held his hand out to me, his blue eyes clear as he helped me to my feet.  Jorya clapped from the side, clearly impressed by Karm’s martial skills.

“Traitor.”  I joked at Jorya, her own smile knowing.  To Karm, I shook my head, a smile beginning to spread upon my face.  “No, thanks.  I’m convinced: your Mak’Tor grappling is very much like Vhal’Dan pankration…”  Walking out my stiff right knee, I inhaled deeply.  “But how’d you learn to suplex like that?  I thought my center of gravity was too low for you to take advantage…”  I drank the flask Karm proffered, the water cool, sweet, and refreshing.

“Easy.  I cheat.” The taller man deadpanned.  Coughing, I handed Karm back the flask as I laughed. 

“Ah.  Well, that explains everything.  Jorya, take note: do not gamble with Master Karmack.”  My Togrutan daughter laughed appreciatively, herself going through her own forms as she limbered up in preparation.  Carefully I stretched my right leg, mindful of the tightness.  Still, at least there were no twinges of pain this time.  Crouching down, I felt the comfortable extension of the leg.  …Almost… After weeks of healing, I felt that I’d turned a corner.  Still, we headed to the resistance training equipment in the north end of the room.  The walls projected a panoramic view of the Concordia Gardens and the encircling C’Eru’Lum River, the deep blue waters tipped with white against the green and silver of the forest.  And in the distance: the ever-present peaks of the M’Skigon Mountains.

Slightly favoring my right, I decided that my leg had had enough for a day so I went towards the chest press machine.  And I lay on the bench—hands cupping the bar with my thumb underneath—I began a moderate set.  “Heard from Ken and his new bride lately?”  Bringing the bar down in a controlled negative, I felt the not uncomfortable stretch in my chest.

Karm was busy curling, his form perfect.  After exhaling, he shook his head.  “Yes.  Well, no.  That is…”  He set the weights down considering, then grabbed a heavier set.  “Just that they are ‘enjoying their honeymoon.’  But other than that…”  He left it at that.  Again, his form was flawless, the taller man looking completely recovered from his ordeals with Mellichae.  I was still trying to reconcile that; he’d gone off without me, knowing that I’d felt responsible.  But I’d also understood his desire—his need—to do so on his own.  Besides: I couldn’t argue with success.

Now that the Ancient One was once again in his possession, he was definitely happier, less stressed.  Which led me to think back to Geonosis.  Always Geonosis.  Frankly, I was still amazed at the amount of power that he must have wielded to have healed us, to heal Ken.  But the cost had been very high; the ordeal had come close to killing Karm.  I had thought that the Rur would have been able to protect him from…overexerting himself, even in his capacity as Sage of Song but the hundreds of shattered shards put told to that error on my part.

And now: the black marble orb that he’d brough with him from Dantooine… Just like my dagger.  The Tenebris Pugione, if that’s what indeed what it was; Kage Silman Lo had been uncertain…but what else could it be?  My thoughts went back to the marble again.  Same material.  Same enigma.  But unlike my dagger…no nightmares.

Shaking my head, I went to increase the weight on the benchpress.  After a brief moment of deliberation, I decided on 200 kilograms.  Careful to maintain my form, I ducked underneath the bar, and mentally prepared myself.  Breathe.  Balance. I lifted the bar, checking that my form was good, and proceeded with the negative.  To my surprise, I hadn’t lost as much strength as I’d feared: I was able to cleanly do the set for a full eight reps.  Sweating from exertion, I racked the weight, sitting up to drink some water.

Applause came from behind me.  Turning, I saw Karm and Jorya the source of such.  “Father, it’s good to see you back in form, especially after I saw what Mendax had done to you…”  And almost right after her, Karm laughed.

“Well, now I know why D’Aylanna needs to feed you so much.  Great set!”  I smiled at them both, not letting my concern show.  But I was worried, worried about TOO much.

About the black marble and dagger.

About the pontite crystals.

About Jorya’s ordeals with the Sons.

But mostly: about the fact that D’Aylanna seemed as if she were about to leave, head-long to her death.  And she still hadn’t told me everything…

I continued the remainder of the workout with all of those questions haunting me until I couldn’t stand it any longer.  I needed to talk to D’Aylanna.  Saying my farewells to Karm and Jorya, I went to the apartments that I shared with my wife.  And as my eyes fell upon her peacefully sleeping, I knew that I could not deprive her of that.  So, trying to be as discreet as I could, I slid onto the bed next to her, enveloping her in my arms.  Even in sleep, she moved closer to me as I did likewise.

And promising myself that I would somehow make things better for her when she awoke, I allowed myself to focus on the present.  And—at least for that brief moment in time—I let all worries go and joined my wife in sleep.

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #304 on: May 01, 2018, 02:52:42 AM »

Well if Zearic is worried about getting old and recovering, he should talk to Nimmin Cha he has some friends who could help him out with a 'rejuvenation' program....

Lord_S_Gray

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #305 on: May 01, 2018, 03:53:28 AM »

Well if Zearic is worried about getting old and recovering, he should talk to Nimmin Cha he has some friends who could help him out with a 'rejuvenation' program....
Lol touché LSG  Wink

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #306 on: May 01, 2018, 02:23:43 PM »

LOL  I loved the interaction between Zearic and D'Aylanna.  A scene that has been played out with couples over and over.  :-)  Though I have to commend Zearic!  He has a grown daughter and only one gray hair?  Half my head turned gray during my daughter's teen years!  Well done, Zearic!  ;-)

The training session reminds me, I need to nail down something about Karmack's martial arts background... 

Has anyone else noticed how many interludes have become training scenes?  They're just so ... useful!  :-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #307 on: May 10, 2018, 03:37:46 AM »

Fate of the Aether - Teaser

Cruel I know...but to show this is actually progressing (after a fairly substantial re-write and reconfiguration over the last few weeks...)

---
She hadn’t spoken for all those years.  She hadn’t been there, disconnected from her body as it was used and tormented by the Outsiders.  No voice, and no words that could express anything that did justice to her suffering, no sound would even be heard had she tried. 

Now she spoke…her rifles barrel shoved into the Outsiders mouth, cutting his ability to communicate, violating its body just as they had done to her, she spoke with her finger as it pulled the trigger and sent showering viscera in a beautiful brown arc across the wall.

Selaena spoke in the only language the Outsiders understood, the only language they had spoken to her. 

Violence.
---

Lord_S_Gray

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #308 on: May 10, 2018, 03:25:15 PM »

Oy....    y'know, its not to hard to understand why these folks are isolationist... 

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #309 on: May 10, 2018, 04:24:59 PM »

Oy....    y'know, its not to hard to understand why these folks are isolationist... 
Lol SO true Karm!

And as far as an appetizer to whet the appetite...I'm hooked!

Grin

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #310 on: May 21, 2018, 01:08:38 AM »

Fate of the Aether Teaser Part 2

---
He had come here to do good, to make something, To LIVE…and they hunted them like animals.

“If they think we’re animals…” the words seethed from his jaw like the growl of a cornered vorynx

“I’ll show them a true Beast.”
----

“Do you think it’s random,” he purred in its auditory sensors

“Pointless sadism…a power trip perhaps,” he gently glided the blade along the chest slicing a thin line through the yellow blubber beneath, the last of over two dozen slices in its flesh.

“Pain…despair…horror…are food,” he strode away toward the control panel

“Strong emotions coalesce, deepen and firm, into delicious morsels…that can be fed upon by those that know how…”
----

Lord_S_Gray

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #311 on: May 22, 2018, 02:32:27 AM »

OK LSG, now you're just being cruel!  You've GOT to post FotA SOON!!

These little snippets only beg for more  Wink

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #312 on: May 22, 2018, 12:55:02 PM »

Agreed!  Thought I know he's busy on another project at the moment.  LOL

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #313 on: June 02, 2018, 12:02:09 AM »

Bounties

Blood and teeth splattered across the table as the last patrons flitted out of the cantina. 

Caedon supressed a twinge of pain in his shoulder as he pressed down the Nousarians horned face. He’d been sloppy, underestimated this one, and figured it would be an easy job between contracts for the Empire.  It had been too easy and he’d relaxed as a result, he wouldn’t do so again.

A deft motion pulled the cuffs and put them on the pink fleshed creatures hand, kicked out its knees then dragged it along.

This was low level tripe, just enough to pay his costs, landing fees and fuel for his YT-2400, ammunition and repairs. Not truly worthy of his skill, but he had little choice.  After Bar’Leth he was ‘too hot’ for the Empire to deal with – might attract unwanted attention…so he wanted a little practice with the book worms there, fired off a few rounds at some of the gawking students after finishing the Professor the Empire had hired him to silence…like any scholar would come for revenge.

“Come on,” he hauled the creature up, pay day couldn’t come soon enough.

<<>>

“EURGHH!” he pushed out his breath as he smashed down on Mace Windu’s head.

The dark skinned Jedi staggered but remained defiant, his lavender blade hammering back in the swift cuts of Vapaad style.

Caedon counter the first but took a hit on the shoulder from the second – it was the price of getting into hi guard – his elbow smashed into unfeeling steel as he brought his blade around onto the Jedi’s neck.

Registering a fatal strike the hologram flickered and the Proxy droid deactivated, a stream of data transmitted to his datapad for analysis.

He was getting bored with bashing the Proxy Jedi…itching for another fight…the thrill of the hunt, the taste of his own blood as an enemy got a god hit in…the bliss of pushing his blade into their chest was sweeter for his own injuries.

Keeping sharp required constant training, but it was no substitute for a real job.  It was sick the Empire thought he was ‘disreputable’ too ‘violent’ to be associated with openly…he spat out onto the deck…the Inquisitorius was full of far worse than him. 

Caedon simply didn’t pretend to  be loyal like the sycophants of Vader did he was a gun for hire, and a bloody good one – only reason he took contracts for the Empire was they paid on time, in full – unlike the Hutts – and offered real challenges not wheezy flatulent fools with gambling debts.

He collapsed into his seat, not from the strain of the fight, but boredom with being on the outer.  The comm chimed in his room across the ship heaving up he quickly jogged down the empty corridors – he couldn’t even afford a crew.  Catching his reflection in the mirror, he noted his usually muscular arms were a little lean, his yellow tattoos against blue skin flat not just from his training but from having to keep to basic ration bars to cut costs between jobs. 

“Ti-Rell” he answered

“Caedon Ti-Rell this is Lieutenant Vanto of the ISD Chimera, my captain would like to meet,”

Finally he smiled.

<<>>

The air was as crisp and clean as the floors and walls along the Chimera as he was ushered along through the sneers of ‘bounty hunters, we don’t need their scum’ from the officers. 

Winding his way they left him to enter the captain’s chambers alone.  He could hear the rustle breath of the Noghri somewhere in the room, but its precise location was elusive as he wandered past the Umbaran art works that covered the chamber.

“Ah the bounty hunter…” A face as blue as his own with dark hair turned to regard him, insignia showed a Captains rank.

“Ti-Rell…”

“Captain…” Caedon replied evenly

A flick of some buttons shut the holo’s down and sealed the door, Caedon wasn’t bothered they typically preferred to discuss business away from prying eyes.  But he was surprised when the captain dismissed his noghri bodyguard.  The Chiss – based on the red eyes – then placed a small device on his desk and bade Caedon to sit.

“This should give us privacy…you come highly recommended Ti-Rell,”

Flattery wouldn’t get him a discount

“I have a little task that needs doing, not an official contract with the Empire, rather a…personal contract,”

Caedon nodded, most likely wanted his superior officer dead to take his place.

“A Former Chiss officer has gone pirate, smuggling technology out of the Ascendancy…he and his crew need to die and their goods either returned or destroyed.”

Caedon looked around “You can’t use this?” he gestured to the Star Destroyer,

“I have orders to follow…”

“Surely the Ascendancy has their own goons and friends,”

His face suddenly became very still

“The Ascendancy does not operate within Imperial space I assure you,”

Caedon suppressed a grin, a Chiss captain of an Imperial Vessel by definition contradicted his statement. He guided the conversation away.

“What’s the pay?”

“400,000 credits, paid on completion,” reasonable…

“What kind of tech are we talking about?”

“Will you take the job or not,” Caedon could see he was slightly…frazzled by this – and this was not a man who enjoyed nor was used to being on the back foot.

He had little choice, something off the books could get him back in the Empires good graces, show he can be discreet when he needed to be.

“Alright, send me the details,”

<<>>

The Details from ’Captain Thrawn’ of the…Empire…were detailed, explicit even, it seemed the Ascendancy, or Empire…likely both…had plenty of information, but neither wanted to pull the trigger – the Empire didn’t want to risk killing a Chiss citizen, the Chiss couldn’t just destroy the goods in Imperial space.  He was being used to prevent a diplomatic crisis.

And he couldn’t care less.  Politics didn’t’ matter, Empire blows up rebels today, Rebels blow up the Empire tomorrow – in the end war was its own master and from this Caedon profited.

Caedon had visited a hundred worlds, so far Glee Anselm seemed pretty compliant, only one Star Destroyer over the capital Anselom and a few Imperial patrols at the space port not further into the city.  The Nautolans seemed to benefit from the Empire, providing huge volumes of ocean grown algae used in making rations by the Imperial Navy and Army. 

The strong and smart profited from war over the poor an weak…his family had been poor like that, stupid, easily tricked – Caedon stuck his hands in his trench coat where his last credit chits lay…he was on the losing side at the moment, but he knew how to get back on top – you killed everyone beneath you and piled up the winnings.

Under the guise of looking to have his ship modified he asked around the mechanics and workshops for anyone with ‘special’ or ‘unique’ dampening equipment or shield generators.   This was the prelude to the chase – stalking out your prey’s location, their contacts…knowing where they would be and when. 

He final found a Nautoloan who referred him to a Crolute…who referred to another Nautoloan who did ‘custom work’.  Descending the steps he could smell the mouldy air of the below ground workshop, likely built near an underground pool based on the mildew smell and rusted machinery, a bulky Yinchorri half asleep at the door a poor guard.

“Eh…you the one Ymbra said was coming…looking for something special…little Anselom Acceleration on your ship,” he was covered in stains, a typical mad-genius type sitting amongst his myriad inventions.

“Looking for an edge…what have you got,” The Nautoloan stood up excitedly and directed him to a rusty looking box, he must’ve noticed Caedon’s disdain

“True beauties on the inside…” he lifted the lid – within was a clean lattice of inlaid crystal circuit plaques thin blue lines of energy dancing between the levels,

“Chiss navi-computer...three times faster than anything you’ve seen…” he continued the tour, again hidden in a dingy looking crate was precise grey machined parts “shield generator, Chiss again, power drain is less but runs different frequencies, forces any one taking a shot to adjust frequencies or they’ll just waste half their power with each shot….”

“Impressive,” Caedon noted, “where does this come from, Chiss are cold as Csilla I heard,”

“Ah well got me a contact…now the navi-computer is 50,000, shield generator 200,000…excludes installation of course…”

“Of course…” he cruised around the generator looping back near the door idly inspecting the other custom items, stopping just in front of the Yinchorri and crossing his arms

“I think I’ll take the…”

He fried his holdout blaster before finishing the sentence, the Yinchorri head turned from flesh to superheated coal in an instant.  Before the Nautolan could panic Caedons vibro knife was slicing his throat.

Now he just had to clean up and wait.

<<>>

Four hours later the contact arrived.
“Festa…where are ya…” Caedon kept motionless
“Festa, Gorn?” Good let him go deeper…
“Festa we have the new shipmen you in the back?” Further
“Festa…” NOW
Caedon sprang out, in a swift practised motion he kicked the contacts legs out and put him in a choke hold
“Where’s Kawwan?” he squeezed, “Talk!”
“Uck…can’t brea…”
“If you can talk you can breathe - now talk!”
“rrrmmm…east side dock…212…”
“Easy wasn’t it…” he let him go – before he even had time to catch his breath Caedon put a bolt into his head. No loose ends.

<<>>

Ferok’awwa’Nurosca – Kawwan…the Chiss turncoat…was right below him in front of his bulky hauler…no doubt the ‘true beauty was on the inside’ it looked like a knockabout blob of metal, Caedon had no doubt it was a cover.

There were eight guards, humanoid in cool blue and grey armour -possibly Chiss – they were carrying Charric weapons, ferocious close up not so good with range…unless they too were modified.  Kawwan was waiting for something – Caedon could spring his trap now…but more profit might be made watching how this played out.

The first three kills of this hunt were just an appetizer…his hunger growing for the kill…there was a pleasure in the waiting, the anticipation…knowing you had your target right where you wanted them…

The door to the concourse opened and three figures entered…Three figures that made this difficult…Caedon couldn’t recall the name but knew the face…an inquisitor…and two Stormtroopers…the Chiss was selling to the Empire…if that was true then it wasn’t the Empire who wanted Kawwan dead…it was the Chiss alone…Caedon might mot care for politics but not being given a full run down on his target annoyed him.

“You have it?” the sound-scanner on Caedons scope picked up the conversation. 
“Price went up,” Kawwan answered, “300K a piece”

“You said 200 a week ago!” Caedon could almost feel the Gran Inquisitors rage boiling from the exhaust vent high above them. 

“More difficult to get than I thought, needed to grease a few palms, call in some favours…these goods…I upset the wrong people…I don’t come back to sell you more tech and you lose your ‘edge’”

The gran looked at him annoyed…to have to rely on such an insect must be galling Caedon thought. 

“Show me,” The inquisitor relented.  Two of the guard vanished into the ship, moments later they exited with what looked like a portable field generator.

“A demonstration Lord,” The Chiss preened – asset was given by the wave of a hand. So far as Caedon knew nothing happened apart from it lighting up a twirling…but the Gran suddenly buckled

“ENOUGH!” They deactivated the device, “300 you say…” he said recovering

“300,” Kawwan repeated

The Gran grunted and flipped open a comm, issuing orders.  Two more Storm troopers entered one carrying a large case. 

He had to decide fast…if the Inquisitor took the generators and he just hit Kawwan he might lose pay for not destroying the merchandise...yet to interfere now was risky…he had the element of surprise but still…Or just slink away and break the contract…but then he’d be on the Empires black list for good…the Butcher of Bar’Leth would now be the Quitter of Glee Anselm…

He didn’t need to wait long for an opportunity – the storm trooper tossed the case across the floor, as one of the Chiss guards went to retrieve it….

Blue Stun energy flared across the room, the Gran shielded his goons with the force from the blast – the Chiss dropped and writhed.  Caedon wasn’t going to be denied his kill or his payment.

In a single sweep of his firing arc he punched a hole in three of the four trooper helmets, the gran reacted swiftly grasping at the exhaust vent, it squealed under the invisible fist just as Caedon expected – there was a predictability a pride to the Inquisitors – they wanted to see their enemy before they killed – all that faux Jedi stuff made them value duels far too much – Caedon could sympathize with the desire to look your victim right in the eye and show you don’t care as you plunge the blade in deep and hard.

He flipped out as the metal sheared from its supports, lading into a roll bringing up his sword through the plasteel of the fourth Strom trooper, it lodged in a bone somewhere, a messy withdrawal as he strafed the Grans sabre.

Dislodging the sword he met the high strike trying to discern with each clash as they moved across the bodies what style he preferred.  His fierce demeanour indicated an Ataru preference, but with some random elements

“Bounty Hunter SCUM!” the creature seethed behind the crackling red blade, increasingly irritated the Caedon was able to keep him at bay if not match his unnaturally enhanced abilities.  Turning out of a telekinetic blast Caedon flicked off a grenade from his belt – predictable as ever the Inquisitor used his powers to toss it to a distant corner of the hangar, letting Caedon get to the Generator – he didn’t like it before he doubted he would like it now. 

Before he could hit the button his arm froze in place…finger hovering painful millimetres from the activation panel.

“You DIE!” it screamed into the charge,

As he had against proxy, he parried the first but too a hit on the second, enough to get under his guard and twist into a vapaad low cut – oh the gran could easily leap over it…but he let his grip on Caedons hand slide.

Hammering the activator the generator whirred, blue energy lit the side of the Grans face as whatever it was doing to him took hold.

“SCU…” Caedon didn’t let him finish, a pirouette without flair sliced through the top of the creatures skull.

Pulling his heavy-blaster he wasted no time firing into the helms of the stunned Chiss soldiers till only Kawwan was left.  He dragged him up and slammed the handle into his face adding black to the blue skin.

“The generator what does it do!” he yelled

“It…auchhh…disables the Force…the thing the Jedi use…” he knew what the force was.

“How?”

“I just sell the stuff…Please I’ve got credits…tech…I owe you for saving me…” Caedon let him go

“How does 50,000 sound…a decent fee for a days work…”

“400 sounds better,”

“400…why that…”

Once more Caedon didn’t let him finish blasting a hole through his jaw out the back of his head. 

<<>>

Lieutenant Vanto offered a curt nod then turned away and replaced the sheet on the body of Kawwan,

“Well done…” he pulled a datapad, flicked a few screens then pressed his thumb…a second later Caedon felt his comm vibrate – credits received.

Half a dozen Strom Troopers were emptying Kawwans ship aboard the Chimera ‘recovering the stolen assets’ for return to the Chiss Ascendancy as a gesture of good will. 

“And this was all you found?” Vanto inquired

“This and the Nautolons shop…anything else is long since sold,”

“Very well…good Day Ti-Rell,”

<<>>

He was back in the game, enough credits to hire a small crew and a line on another Jedi target at last. Caedon had even made a point of taking the Chiss navicomputer and shield generator he’d seen in the mechanics shop – the old mad mechanic had been right it did improve performance – maybe true beauty was on the inside. 

He pondered whether he should return to Glee Anselm and pick up the generators for this job…test them on a live Jedi…it would make it easy…

He spun his sword in his hands then moved into a Vapaad Pose mirroring the Proxy droid before him…no…he’d save that for someone far more worthy…far more dangerous…one day.

<<----------->>

Thanks to Taegin Rowhan for the idea, offer and opportunity to delve into Caedon's personality and background.

Lord_S_Gray

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #314 on: June 02, 2018, 08:29:10 PM »

Caedon has force neutralizing generators?  Made by the Chiss?

Oh...      Oh there are possibilities here....

Maybe the Aethans aren't the only ones who study their opposition ... and figure out how to neutralize them...

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 32   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: