Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32   Go Down
Author Topic: Interludes  (Read 144878 times)
Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #330 on: June 25, 2018, 06:10:05 AM »

REVENGE OF THE Huh??

This is a bit fun more than anything else…a bit of What If…
---

Coughing he struggled through the ducts, muscles sore not just from the fight but also internal burns from Sidious lighting.

He had failed again…and as he sensed ever more Jedi fall…this time…there was nowhere to run to…he could only hope Obi-Wan had succeeded.

His foot clawed at the cold durasteel vent, pushing the grate out into the alley.

Pausing he took a deep breath, trying to flow healing into his aching body, the damage to his heart still compounding, it would be long before he could even begin to heal these wounds.

Darting back on painful legs he hid behind a pile of rotten papers…he sensed…something old…familiar…this was what happened with force exhaustion, memory became dilute, one began to sense old shadows – and with Sidious ascendant it was no wonder one of the darkest returned to him in his confused state.

Cautiously he moved to the end of the alley as the sun rose – a figure stepped into the light casting a deep shadow, it was joined by two more as he once again leapt to the side.

Old papers crackled behind him as more approached from behind. He didn’t sense any threat only…no it couldn’t be….

The first figure stepped forward face resolving in reflected light….it couldn’t be…it wasn’t…

“Remember me greenie?”

----

“Ahhh….” He settled back into his chair,

“Guards…” he called still on a high from defeating the Jedi Grand Master…perhaps not fatally but no matter, there was time.

No one approached as he looked around the Grand Convocation Chamber.

“Guards!” he enhanced his voice with the force.

Now someone appeared…now lots of someone’s appeared – in various pods around the cavernous room black figures stepped out, 5, 10, 50…

Behind him were three more stepping through the main corridor toward the central dais…without any effort they leapt up to the small balcony around his station.

He sensed little to nothing…before they struck.

His blade instantly met the Dark sword that struck toward him.  Two of the three instantly in his guard he pulled the darkside back into him to enhance his speed to meet theirs.

“FOOLS” he hissed, did they think the spar with Yoda had weakened him, his injuries from Windu slowed him!

With aggressive and lethal flurries he batted back their impressively precise strikes, but found no opportunities – they fought with extreme co-ordination, whenever he saw an opening the other stepped in to force him away.  But it was the third who stood motionless watching that concerned him. 

They were not his match, but they had numbers…where were the guards! 

Air brightened once more as he poured lighting on one of them and dislodged the pods the others were in with crushing grips of the force, filling the space around with a dark miasma to drain their very life force.

Yet this last had no effect…as he tried to consume them…their armour ate at his attack.  The attacked on the left bucked under his barrage of energy, on the right he now had the advantage twisting into his guard, crimson scraping black in violent sparks till he found purchase in the joint beneath the shoulder. 

As he pushed toward the heart his sabre was nearly rugged from his hand – teleportation!  He deflected the assault…but there it was again…the sabre flickered in unreality briefly enough for his victim to escape.

Now the third moved in.  With practised co-ordination the first two were pulled by the force away from the battle by their fellows.  He was left facing this one alone.

“Now…you will learn the true power of the DARK…”

His throat stopped as he felt the wet beneath his robe…the teleportation…it hadn’t been trying to pull something out of his hand alone…it had put something sharp INTO his body. 

The warrior advanced in the microsecond of realisation as behind the first two were healed with red shatter-point flows.  This one was not playing, fast, accurate, everything Sidious had was poured into firming his bones against the shockwave every single clash of blade produced as he tried to excise the slippery glass dagger from the space between heart and lungs where it simply sat, silently slicing as his body vibrated.

His lighting met an open hand that caught it, swirled it about and fired it back setting his cloak alight.  Now the others joined, the cowards – how he envied them! Every technique he used one or more countered, he became claustrophobic under their barrage.  They were playing safe…two or three would’ve been enough but they were taking no chances.

A downward thrust was his last effort, the body he aimed for simply vanished as the blade plunged from his lower vertebrae up and out of his sternum.  A hand clamped on his head as blue fire filled his vision.

----

“You're with him. You've betrayed me! You brought him here to kill me!!” He screamed across the roar of the magma flow
“No Anakin, I swear…” Padme pleaded, she was lying…it was a trick – before he knew it his hand was grasping at her throat.

“Let her go, Anakin!” The traitor yelled

“What have you and she been up to?” were they having an affair…under his nose all this time!  Was the baby even his!

“Boys!” a force enhanced voice boomed across the platform.

“Let’s calm this down….”

Anakin snapped his head round to see six figures approaching clad in armour black as the volcanic sands. 

“WHO ARE YOU!” he screeched as Obi-Wan cautiously approached Padme checking she was alright,

“Go back into the ship, this isn’t safe,” she nodded hand holding her throat.

Anakin gripped his sabre

“Don’t do anything you’ll regret later…” the closest figure held his hands up, on his back a massive blade and terrifying rifle.

“The Emperor sent us to assist Lord Vader, we are the new Praetorian Guard,”

Anakin sensed no deception, and was too enraged to see clearly – Obi-Wan with a master calm felt sick at their mere presence.

“Anakin…these…Sentients…cannot be trusted…”

“And you can TRAITOR”

“You say you’re sent by the Emperor…take him!”

Before the last syllable had left Anakin’s lips they…moved was an inadequate description – air boomed out and hands gripped him…he pushed out with the force but it vanished into darkness as his sabre appeared in the speaking ones hand while Obi-Wans face was pressed to the ground.

Anakin didn’t know whether to be elated or terrified as they clamped…something onto Obi-Wans throat that deadened the force around him.  Out of nowhere a bolt hit Padme’s ship, blue arcs trailed across it

“WHAT…”

“Nothing to worry about Lord Vader…just making sure she doesn’t abscond with your child…we’ll take the Jedi away…” behind them a black ship hovered down, eerily silent for something its size.

“I’m sure you sense your wife’s time is near….we have birthing facilities on board.”

Anakin had all but forgotten…he reached out past the empty spaces of the Praetorians to sense he approaching birth.

“Yes…of course…see to it…”

“As you wish Lord…do you wish to depart on your own ship?” the hatch opened on the black vessel and a small squad of Clones exited

“I….” his head was spinning as he watched Obi-Wan dragged away

“I will remain here for a moment then leave…make sure he doesn’t escape.”

“As you wish Lord.”

---

The Chancellors office was both full and empty…the key Senators, Admirals, Administrators and Generals slowly nodding as the Emperor issued his instructions, their minds open, and thoughts blank.

“And the final item on the Act of Establishment and Transition…” he gestured to his side with a fatherly smile that the holo-new cameras didn’t fail to capture

“Is to secure the future by nominating my niece the Lady Mira as my successor.”

The media and dignitaries applauded as the young woman gently bowed with a flash of a divine smile.  So natural amongst the accolades it almost seemed organic one cheered “Long Live the Emperor!”.

After they had all left the true rulers of the new Galactic Empire entered.  The vote had been narrow, but once agreed all had committed and acted swiftly. 

“No one asked about the miraculous recovery…” The future Grand Admiral noted to the perfectly serene undamaged face of the Emperor.

“They will assume it was expensive and rapid cosmetic surgery…” replied the future head of Imperial Administration, the appointments would be spaced over the next few months, but soon enough they would have the Government and military under their control.

The Emperor merely sat and smiled at the interplay, content with his status as he had be programmed for – the clone was rapidly done, even now other teams were hacking into biometric security systems to re-write the signatures where there were small variations from Sidious himself - it would only last 7-8 years, but that was more than enough to build Mira public profile.  It was a shame they had to incinerate Sidious brain…but he was simply too dangerous to leave alive a second longer than necessary to try any aetheric tricks.

“Confirmed we have Skywalker, Amidala and his children…en-route…they took Obi-Wan as well.” Future head of intelligence noted twirling her long hair, as darker shade of red than average.
“They’ll make an excellent public figures once Skywalker calms down…”

“Exactly…keep them in the public eye...the Princess and the War Hero…the twins can represent a new dawn and stuff like that…we should party first...” Future Head of Civic Infrastructure and Communications clapped lounging about poking at Sidious queer statues and art works –one might unkindly call it propaganda.

“We should do something big and public and soon…” she went on a sudden crack sounding as she smashed one statue to find the holocron Sidious had hidden inside it...briefly inspecting it she tossed it aside - it contained nothing they weren't already far better at.

“Within a fortnight before the momentum dies…”

The True Empress who had remained silent thus far finally spoke

“Go ahead…make sure Mira is front and centre…”

“well duhhh…” she replied dancing about

“What of Order 66, should we suspend?”

“Offer an amnesty…sex, credits and luxury for retirement – most will accept it with a subtle prompt to their biological desires…let those who wish vanish…soon enough they’ll realise they have no enemy to fight anymore…” she glanced back toward the datapads and drives file with the first plans for the Galactic Empires organisation…

She looked out at the Coruscant skyline, Star Destroyers coming and going she wondered if they had made the right choice…intervening so swiftly…she was confident they could gather popular support quickly with their economic policies that benefitted the silent majority of middle class core and rim world citizens, a shakeup of administration and a more efficient Military machine to prosecute future campaigns and relaxing wartime restrictions to placated the likes of Organa and Mothma...still as benevolent as they were there would always be some resistance…..

---

Dunno what you all think.  As I said just a bit of fun between out ‘canonical’ stories (you know as much as fanfiction can have a canon we do have our own a bit!)…maybe if anyone wants to run with a ‘part 2’ feel free to free wheel it a bit, if not I’ll come back to it one day for some fun.

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #331 on: June 25, 2018, 11:18:41 AM »

Yes! This reminds me of DC Comics "Else world's" line.  Oh yes, this has SO much potential...

I've already got a few things on my plate BUT I would love to contribute/continue this as an alternate continuity  Wink

In fact, I already have an idea; maybe just a rough-ROUGH draft to follow...

FANTASTIC idea LSG!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #332 on: June 25, 2018, 03:14:56 PM »

LOL   LSG, that was fun!  Definitely another "alternate" timeline, but what a "what-if" scenario to lay down!  Aethans as benevolent dictators...  Sort of a demi-god Oligarchy.  Walking the line between a Sith Emperor out to Rule the Galaxy and the Jedi ideal (never fully realized) of selfless service and sacrifice.

Makes me wonder how M'Tzigon would have reacted to this.  Or the Outer Rim, for that matter.  I doubt there would have been a rebellion, especially if Mon Motha and Bail Organa were indeed satisified and placated.  Which, honestly, they may have been in this scenario.

Oh, there are certainly possibilities here! 

Dutchman, run with the ball!  I'll have to see where you go and maybe extend from there.  LOL

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #333 on: June 27, 2018, 05:52:37 PM »

Yes, fun that was. We could rewrite each one of our stories with this being how it happened. In fact, none of us would probably even have stories since all of them have to do with the Empire in some way or another. Still, it is fun to theorize.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #334 on: July 01, 2018, 06:47:59 AM »

Mirror Empire
Dispatches from the New Empire - Following the Alternate Time Line in Revenge of the Huh
“The Galaxy is ours,” Aristocra Nuruodo smiled across the room.

“The Galaxy is theirs…” Syndic Csapla snidely remarked

“So cynical…” he noted sitting down at the head of the table, before the highest ranking members of the Ascendancies Ruling Houses and CEDF, all reviewing the briefings they had been given by their allies, now ‘Emperors’ of the former Republic.

“This investment…is significant…” Noted Vice Admiral Tla, a Trial Born Adoptee of the larger House of Nuruodo
“And the rewards are far larger…the time for discretion is past, already the Republic was encroaching on our borders…now we have a chance to engage on our terms,”
“Their terms…” Csapla added cynically once more

“There is no difference….we both have the same goals, security, stability and preparation…”

Still even Nuruodo conceded the investment was high – The Chiss would send advisors and experts in the thousands to reform the new Imperial Administration in an image of the Ascendancies efficiency and precision.  In addition hundreds of retired officers and NCO’s would be sent to develop the new Imperial Naval and Military Academies and instil discipline, merit and precision in a new generation of officers and soldiers…from the outset the Empire would move toward the Ascendancies high organisational and military standards.

“I’m concerned about the cultural shift…” Tla noted “…while there are certainly those who will adapt well…Tarkin, Mohc, Pellaeon and the like to new the order…our methods may not sit well with the general populace.”

Nuruodo dismissed the concern

“They will soon see the benefits of a more professional unified civil service and officer class…at any rate our allies already have means to ensure compliance and adaptation in critical systems,”

“Mind control you mean…” Csapla always managed to put a negative spin on things…yet this was welcome, they needed a devil’s advocate.

“How long before they turn this on us…if they haven’t already…”

“They are not ambitious in that way…” Captain Thrawn noted, a rising star in the Ascendancy and favoured by their allies,

“Their art – or what little I’ve seen if you’ll forgive a brief digression - shows traditionalism and pragmatism, they will keep faith with old allies and are pragmatic enough to know they need outside perspectives and assistance.”

“Of course this praise has nothing to do with your promotion to Admiral in this new Imperial Navy does it….”

“It confirms my praise, they know their limits, they know they need to restructure civilian and military operations along more efficient lines…and our help to do it”

“Ten new systems…” Tla noted quietly that was their immediate reward for their assistance

“Control of Kuati drive yards…training the future leaders of the Imperial Navy and Administration…the galaxy will be ours indeed…but only under their hand…still…this opportunity will never recur…”

Taking stock of the room Tla rose slightly in his seat

“I’ve fought beside them, even befriended them as far as it is possible…if they wanted to control us…they would’ve long since done so…they want our expertise and help…in exchange we become pre-eminent within their Empire…to refusethis opportunity.”

Nods across the table followed his logic.

<<>>

The staff of the former Republic, now Imperial, Department of Taxation filled the large hall, 4000 people in all to welcome their newly appointed Chief executive.

Rumour had been buzzing for days about the changes to be put in place, some said they would cut jobs, others double their numbers…some said the new head was an Imperial Senator, others a former Admiral.  All turned out to be wrong.

There was a hush as six of the Praetorians Guard came upon the stage…over the last few weeks more of these had been seen across Coruscant and other centres of the Republic…terrifying and black as death.

They’d all seen the vids on the news - a small force of Jedi and disloyal Clones had attempted to assault the former Jedi Temple and overthrow the Emperor…the Praetorian Guard had met them telling the Loyal Clone Army and Coruscant Security to stand aside. 

It looked like hubris…until the fight began. 

No sane person who had seen the footage would ever dare challenge a Praetorian – in a single engagement they had dissuaded any thought the new Emperor could be easily overthrown – many wondered where they had been hidden during the war…if twenty could obliterate nearly 800 clones and 40 Jedi…what could their force of nearly 500 across Coruscant have done against the Separatists?

A hush descended as a beautiful young woman stepped between the guards.

“Good Morning everyone! It’s great to see 3986 of you here…3986 workers who are going to be some of the most highly skilled, highly paid works in the galaxy within 3 months as you create the most efficient and fair taxation system in the history of Centralised Galactic Governance!”

“How are we going to do this…well by working hard and increasing our productivity using new accounting software, redevelopment of offices for more open plan desks – no lay offs, no replacements by droids – just a little retraining to enable you to implement the new taxation regime in co-ordination with the Civic Communications department…”

She had a beaming smile and lit the room with hair that treaded the line between blonde and red, there was a magnetism to her words, inspiring…they didn’t even notice the ‘Praetorians’ anymore. 

“And once we have things up and running by the end of next financial year…you will all be given a bonus four weeks leave for helping the change process…in addition to our new family friendly flexible working arrangements!”  they were already starting to turn to her way of thinking…now for the loyalty part…the others beside her stepped up the chorus of mental soothing and influence.

“The Emperor himself will be visiting in a few weeks to see our progress, along with the Princess Mira and members of the Imperial Senate, they know that your work is absolutely key, and the Emperor has expressed to me personally his excitement at working with you to get tax right and fair as this new era dawns!”

The applause was actually spontaneous!

<<>>

Always in groups of no less than six Tarkin had noticed as the Praetorians proceeded along the promenade past the first cadets of the Tarkin Imperial Academy on Eriadu in fine order, newly pressed uniforms.  They were followed by the instructors, a few dozen in all, but amongst them three Chiss special instructors. 

The seventh, the only one without a helmet on looked barely older than some of the cadets.  Tarkin extended his hand as he ascended the platform…the Praetorians, the Emperors body guard and enforcers silently arranging themselves defensively around them. 

His first meeting with the new Emperor had been…interesting to say the least.  Tarkin had known Sheev Palpatine for many years…the impersonation was good…but he knew that man was not Sheev Palpatine.  The Praetorians about the room dissuaded anyone challenging him though.

“Tarkin…a pleasure to see you…please sit,” they had exchanged empty pleasantries for a moment, Tarkin briefly congratulating him on his ascension before he got to the point.
“It seems you’ve reoriented your policies since your ascension Sheev…”
His smile was warm and gentle “You’re an observant man Wilhuff…lets not pretend…”

The so called Princess Mira had entered at that point as Palpatine sagged bac like a droid switched off.

“Who are you,”
“The New Government Tarkin…” she placed a datapad before him

“This details our strategic goals and operational guidelines…read it at your leisure then decide whether you wish to remain a part of the Government…”

He was about to ask what had become of the real Palpatine but decided against it…if they could remove Palpatine…they could remove him.

“And if I do not wish to be a part of this new government…”

“Then you may retire with a generous pension…go into private security…whatever you please…we would prefer to work with you…”

He had studiously read their plans…if they were to be trusted…it was ingenious…perhaps not as forceful as he would like, but their restraint would give no one cause for open opposition…the Chiss influence in particular interested him, but a new administrative system was sorely needed, and he had great admiration for their military capabilities and doctrine.

And so his hand met the gauntleted one - heavy as a block of doonium before turning to address the cadets, his new Insignia as Grand Admiral glistening against the rising sun..

“Cadets, The Emperor has sent me personally to extend his warmest congratulations on acceptance to the academy, and his great anticipation to see you exceed your own limits to become the fine officers we know you can be!”

<<>>

The statue was gently lowered into place in the centre of the concourse through which millions travelled to and from the centre of Carida’s business district.

The serene expression coupled with sinuous curves of fleshy marble covered the Blackstone core. 

She could hear the beating thrum of the message it conveyed….
Trust the Praetorians
Benefit yourself by strengthening the Empire
The Empire is not perfect but together we make it better
The Princess Mira is our future, our hope, we can always trust her to look after us
Everyone should live on their native world and only leave on Imperial business
Princess Mira and the Praetorians will protect us from all enemies we should help her.
The Three will Love your Children if you Love them.

Every day a million sentients would pass by, most would look up briefly on the sultry feminine form…and all would feel the subtle guidance of the messages, building each and every day passively in their unconscious.

She suddenly topple over as an arm grabbed her round the throat from behind

“Don’t get so distracted you’re like one of them!” her sister chided
“Now come on…we have another 13 to deliver till we can finally go back home away from these icky outsiders!”

<<>>

The Empire was the best thing that had ever happened to Ryloth.
After the Clone Armies had driven the Sepratists out, the Republic moved out apart from a token garrison relying of Cham Syndulla and the former resistance to administer things while the Republic taxed their resources for the war effort.

In the Chaos many Sepratists sympathizers turned to the perpetual plague of the Twi’Lek race – the Hutts.  Once more the Spice dens, brothels and sex-slave trafficking flourished beyond Syndulla’s ability to police as the Clones stuck to their Garrisons, leaving only to partake of the affections of the war orphaned young Twi’lek women in the bar come brothels.

Inja had been one of those girls as her mother before her…and before her They’d needed the money for food…and all too many pimps in the Octagon of Lessu willing to take her on despite her age.

At seventeen she had her own daughter a year after he mother died, poor nutrition and violent clients taking their final toll. Her mother’s fate would be was her own one day.

She had watched the Coronation of Palpatine indifferently, same clients different uniforms she figured.

But that wasn’t what happened.  Over a hundred conversations in Kooms Tap House where she worked, her small room for clients upstairs, she saw the change the Empire brought.  First the clones noted the arrival of a new administrative team to support Syndulla integrating into the new Imperial Administration, then the Clones stopped coming.

Then the non-Clone officers in their cups brooded on the ‘Clean Up’ Initiative, and how they would lose out on smuggler bribes to look the other way.  Then those officers stopped coming.  Half her clientele was gone in a few weeks, she could barely afford the rent on the room at Kooms let alone the hovel where her daughter Nista lived or the childcare costs. 

She still had spacers and local gang members, death stick dealers and addicts – often one and the same…but they were the worst, the most violent and likely to short change her, but she had no choice.   

Then on the battered Vid in the main bar room Operation Clean Up was announced
“…A New Era dawns, the refuse of the old must be swept away.”  Princess Mira had said on the news.

And then it wasn’t clients that came into the Octagon but Imperial Soldiers – Twi’lek soldiers as part of the new One Army policy- no more system armies, every species could find a place in the Imperial Army and Navy, existing militias like Syndullas were rebadged Imperial under new Officers.

She had watched from the door step of Kooms as the soldiers of the new 14th Ryloth Infantry went through level by levelling dragging out the worst scum of the Octagon, directed by Three Praetorians who watched and never spoke…yet somehow still commanded.   

Inja feared for her lively hood for stressful days as she watched the dregs of Ryloth dragged away – some gangers fought back – but not for long - the News didn’t’ flinch from reporting what had happened, or showing what the Praetorians had done to those who resisted.

“These are hard measures,” Cham Syndulla had declared “But they are necessary,”.

Within a month the Octagon was all but dead, she was on the last few savings she had stored away. 

The final nail in the Octagons coffin wasn’t the arrests, but gentrification – across the Empire Spice, Death sticks, Prostitution were all legalised and regulated under the Imperial Administration Narcotics, Gambling and Prostitution Department – smugglers lost their reason for being, the Hutts had no territory or dealers anymore as Pharmaceutical firms sold safer drugs for those who wished to use them, pimps had no girls as the Administration set up their own brothels with security, medical staff, salaries rather than performance based pay and a clamp down of trafficking and underage prostitution. 

It was in one of these Inja found work –safe regular hours – her daughter enrolled into the free all girls schools opening up under the banner of the Imperial Missions Princess Mira Program.  Inja herself was given the opportunity to take paid study leave under the Program, free counselling and transitional support out of Prostitution. 

The proudest day of her life was her Graduation on a two year course in Restaurant management – it was the Day she stood in the Centre of the New Imperial Administration Centre on Lessu, strode past the Praetorians to be congratulated personally by Princess Mira on a state visit, Nista in the crowd tear in her young eyes as Cham Syndulla himself shook her hand.

The Empire was the best thing to happen to Nista – and that was what was best for Ryloth. 

<<>>

Operation Clean Up was messy.  He paced along the row of scum while behind them their shanty town was demolished. 

“You have choices,” He called loudly as the 63rd Corellian Infantry kept them in line with newly pressed E-12’s from the factories of Mustafar.

Across the dockyards his Cousins dragged the Grindalid along, Lady Proxima it called itself.

“You can join the new Imperial Army, you can return to your homeworld, you can join the new Free Legions being assembled, partake of free Tertiary education programs…what you cannot do…”

He paused for dramatic effect checking the HUD pacer to ensure he was speaking slowly enough for them to understand

“Is return to a life as part of criminal syndicates such as the White Worms there will be no more theft, no more turf wars, there will be peace and Order…”

He stepped toward the growling Grindalid.

“The days of the Republic…where the under castes were ignored is over – and those who will not accept our generous invitations,”

With a graceful movement that lasted 0.24 second he drew, swung and re locked his blade to his back mag-lock.  Lady Proxima’s forward head paused for a moment before slowly drooping off in a clean cut muddied by the wretched blood.

“Will not be tolerated.”

“Frell Yo….” The head exploded out before the sentence was finished
“As I said you have choices…use them wisely.”
<<>>
“Numbers…”
“13,812,” The image, not a holo-feed but Aetheric illusion reported to her
It was high, but if that was the price so be it.  The Pyke Syndicate and their like would not be tolerated in their new Empire, such crime syndicates were a cancer in the Republic that needed to die with it.
“Losses?”
“217 Imperial, 2 People critically injured but quickly restored, en-route Home.”
“Good…Keep me informed.”
As the image faded Mira ran her fingers through her hair, the resistance was stronger than expected – but with every successful Clean Up it diminished.

“They’re still waiting…” her aide noted juggling three link-orbs as Mira looked across the skyscape as the Jedi Temple was slowly demolished to be replaced by the Shrine to the Three…Beneath an even greater demolition was under way, BlackStone Void Altars soaking up the Energies beneath for replacement with more useful Aetheric emanations that would slowly convince the populace of the truth of the new Religion – the third pillar of their strategy to mobilize the largest army in the galaxy to their side - women.

Free education for girls, promotion of flexible work schedules, pulling apart exploitative economic systems, strong social welfare paid for by taxes aimed at rich males – now a religion that placed them on a pedestal intrinsically linked to the Imperial State – a trillion mothers feeling the Empire was supporting and protecting them - and passing that on to their children.

“Shall I send them in?”
She extended her awareness to the head of the Praetorian Guard
<Are they All Black Sun?>
<Yes.>
They were desperate to prevent the legalisations and Clean Up – where policing had failed economics and progressive social welfare policies were pulling them apart – Yet they still thought they could retain some power and influence…
<Kill them all.>

<<>>

I'm sure certain groups would start to have Issues with this new Order...and create some unusual bedfellows...Hope it inspires some thoughts!

Lord_S_Gray

Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #335 on: July 02, 2018, 04:35:08 AM »

Working on an idea now...

I'll PM you first, LSG.

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #336 on: July 02, 2018, 01:33:27 PM »

Wow....

Yeah,  a few ideas roll around in my head.  But I'm not sure I have the time to develop them!  LOL

In the mean time...   I am enjoying the alternate timeline.  :-)

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

« Reply #337 on: July 03, 2018, 05:07:20 AM »

Mirror Empire

Then…
The prisoner writhed in both agony as well as ecstasy, suspended in the Renewal Chamber, his face contorted in a silent scream.

“…Him?”  The man said to his companion.  “But I thought that he was diametrically opposed to—”  The woman suddenly cut him off.

“He was.  But you know what Mira says: ‘better an honest enemy than a false friend.’”  She touched her lips in introspection.  “Besides: for as deficient as he is…was—” she corrected herself, “—he died defending his family, his ideals despite facing insurmountable odds.  That is a quality that cannot be bought or cloned.”

The man slowly nodded, understanding at last.  “I see.  And what shall we do with him once he’s undergone the transition?”

The woman gave a small smile.  “She already has plans for him.”  Pressing a button, red drops of thick, viscous blood landed on the prisoner’s head and chest.  But for all the macabre rain that pelted him, the prisoner didn’t react to the stimuli at all, his focus fixed upon some unseen event.

“Take over here.”  The woman commanded her companion.  “I’m needed at the Renewal Chamber.”

Shedding her cloak, the woman entered the enclosure and stepped up upon the dais, her white one piece in stark contrast to the drops of blood decorating the prisoner.  And placing her hands upon his body, the woman’s work really began…

<<<<< >>>>>

Now…
“Welcome, Lord Seneschal, to Mandalore.  I am Preceptor Bo-Katan Kryze, sister to the Duchess.”  Despite the smooth delivery of the Preceptor’s pleasantry, her eyes scanned the Seneschal’s ship.  “Forgive me, Lord Seneschal but I was expecting Legate Ya—”

“Legate Yara shall be arriving forthwith; I am here to oversee and effect Imperial security measures and—should I deem that such is required—the appointment of a Quaestor.”  Bo-Katan could only see his full brown beard, the rest of the man’s face was covered by his deep, black hood.

“I see.  In that case, please follow me.”  The tall, red headed dignitary bowed perfunctorily before adopting a steady gait from the landing berth and heading towards the Sundari Royal Palace.

Without haste, the Seneschal fell into step beside Preceptor Kryze, his dark hood hiding his face.  But even draped over his armored shoulders, his dark cloak did nothing to obfuscate his Praetorian armor as it gleamed pristinely white, the Scales of Aethenaea carved into the breastplate in low relief indicative of his station.  And while his head was affixed straight at the palace before him, his dark, completely black eyes saw all before him, his ears picking up minute vibrations, even those below the hearing threshold of most sentients.

“On behalf of the Duchess, I would like to extend Mandalore’s approval of Princess Mira’s most current proposals, especially Operation Clean-Up.”  Bo-Katan’s long red hair swayed in the gentle, temperate breeze, her seemingly innocent face almost fawning over her companion.  But if he noticed, he showed nothing in his demeanor.

“Princess Mira does not require the Duchess’ approval, only her obedience.”  The Seneschal’s tone was aloof.  “It would be a shame if the Praetorians had to establish a garrison on Mandalore.”  He said cryptically.  “For the Duchess’ protection, of course.”

“Of course, Lord Seneschal.”  Bo-Katan’s reply was just a hair too swift, her tone too easygoing.  Still…such was not concrete proof.  And his Goddess had been explicit…

As they walked together into the palace through the Great Hall and finally into the Royal Chamber, Bo-Katan had spoken non-stop, having obviously mastered the art of “small talk.”

The Lord Seneschal merely ignored her, although he would sporadically vocalize during a break in the Preceptor’s words or say “That’s interesting” when she took a breath.  But now that they both stood in front of Mandalore’s ruling monarch, Bo-Katan fell silent, both of their attention directed at the austere woman sitting upon the throne.

Regal, if severe, the blonde woman looked down upon them both, even the Lord Seneschal.  Quite a feat given his…reputation.  But the Duchess possessed a spine of quadranium, to say nothing of her familiarity...

“My Lord Seneschal…Her Royal Highness, Duchess Satine Kryze.  Your Grace…my Lord Seneschal, representative of the Emperor and Princess Mira of the Benevolent Empire.” Bo-Katan's voice echoed throughout the chamber.

Inwardly, Satine smirked at that last phrase.  …“Benevolent Empire”…what a contradiction in terms… Her face remained impassive.  But even as she thought it, Satine could swear that the Seneschal had grinned…almost as if he’d read her mind… Steeling herself, she adopted a serious bearing as if donning armor for battle.  Which she very much was.

“Thank you, Preceptor.  You may leave us.  I’m sure that there is also no need for the Ducal Watch to attend me, not while the Lord Seneschal is here to protect me.  After all, who would dare defy the Princess Mira?”  Satine’s blue eyes were predatory, her back straight.

“Forgive me, Your Grace.  But I represent the Emperor and serve at his pleasure.”  His face was cast from durasteel although his black eyes seemed to gleam.

Satine arose to her feet, gliding down the stairs to stand in front of the Seneschal, placing a delicate hand upon the hard, white vambraces of his armor.  “My apologies, Lord Seneschal.  I merely wished to reinforce the Civil Reforms that the Princess Mira has, ah, ‘suggested.’”  Satine’s voice held good-humored laughter in it, and her lips a smile that did not reach her eyes.  “After all, it was the Princess who helped heal Mandalore from the many scars of war that disfigured our planet.  We even have several forests growing in some of the equatorial zones, even where the fighting from the Civil War had been fiercest!”  She spread her arms dramatically, slowly revolving in place.  When she stopped, she smiled coyly.  “Forgive me Lord Seneschal.  After having almost lost our planet—and as a result of our own negligence—I’m sure you can imagine how wonderful it is to see the specter of war being erased from Mandalore.  And in my lifetime…”  Satine’s voice held reverence when speaking of such.

The Lord Seneschal smiled knowingly.  “Of course, Your Grace.  As you know, the Emperor—and Princess Mira—only want what’s best for the Benevolent Empire…and their subjects.”  His black eyes drilled into the Duchess’.  “Including…no, especially the Imperial subjects of Mandalore.

Satine gave a winning smile.  “As do we, my Lord Seneschal, as do we.”  She deliberately looked around his cloaked head, her face adopting a look of consternation.  “Excuse me, but was not Legate Yara to attend me?”  Satine’s blue eyes were large and seemingly full of concern.  “I was assured that the Legate would be in attendance to help facilitate the Integration Protocols…”  She trailed off, disappointment in her voice.

The man affected one of his almost-smiles.  “Forgive me, Your Grace.  The Emperor considers Mandalore important and a high priority concerning this visit; apropos of such, I’ve been dispatched ahead of the Legate to ensure that the proper security measures are in place.”  A ray of sunshine glinted of the Scales upon his armor, a direct contrast to his black eyes.

Looking intently within them, the Duchess stared for a long moment, almost as if she were searching, waiting for some sense of recognition.  Whatever she saw, her lips once again spread in a congenial smile.  “I understand, my Lord Seneschal.  After what I’ve heard, I’m not surprised; after all, the Legate has been busy.  Even out here in the Outer Rim, Legate Yara’s reputation precedes her.  I’ve even heard that she’s been given the 7th New Imperial Fleet as a result of her successes during Operation Clean-Up…”

As Satine was speaking, the man noticed one of her many attendants approach, silently hanging back two meters until the Duchess noticed them.  Motioning the attendant over, the Duchess made conciliatory noises while asking to be momentarily excused.  The Seneschal casually noticed that despite the close proximity, he was unable to hear a word that was said between the two.  Amused, he surmised that the attendant possessed a null-field induction device upon their person.  No matter; he would know soon enough what the interchange portended.

Nodding, Satine’s head straightened, the Duchess dismissing the attendant before she returned to the Seneschal’s side.  “My apologies, my Lord Seneschal but I’m afraid that I must attend to some matters of state.  I’m sure you understand.”  Both her face and aura were unreadable.  Nodding, the man moved to one side giving the Duchess an unadulterated path to her throne.

“Of course, Your Grace.  I, too, must implement the necessary procedures before the Legate arrives.”  Satine again smiled warmly.

“Please feel free to peruse the Palace.  And now, I’m sure that you need to refresh yourself after such a long journey.  I’ve commanded that you be given one of the Baron’s Chamber’s in the Royal wing of the palace.”  She made as if to ascend the stairs to her throne, stopping after the second step.  “Oh, my Lord Seneschal, we’re having a dinner in your honor at Concordia’s Zenith.”  The full moon was tonight and Concordia would bath Mandalore in a brilliant glow, the light reflected from Mandalore’s star.  “You would do us the honor of joining us.  Please?”  Her tone was almost pleading, but the Seneschal’s ears registered the measured cadence of the Duchess’ voice.  …The consummate politician and hostess… He thought, more than a little impressed, although his face showed nothing.

“Your Grace, I would be delighted.”  Suddenly he looked down, as if embarrassed by his attire.  “And you are correct.  I would like to take a moment to invigorate myself.  It would be unseemly for me to attend Your Grace except in my finest.  Now, if you’ll excuse me, please.  Your Grace.”  He said, bowing himself out of the Chamber and disappearing down the Halls.

Once she was quite certain that the Lord Seneschal was gone and out of earshot, Satine made a surreptitious gesture as she climbed the remaining stairs to her throne.  By the time she sat down, Bo-Katan had rejoined her sister, the red-haired woman’s innocent look nothing but a memory.  In its place was the face of a shrewd and cruel tactician.

“Do you think he suspects, Your Grace?”  Some of her red hair fell out of place.

Not immediately answering, Satine smiled, a dangerous, calculating smile.  “Absolutely.  But he only ‘suspects.’  Why else would he be here?  But we are secure; continue with our plans.”  Suddenly, Satine’s face grew deathly serious, her hand shot out to grasp Bo-Katan’s forearm.  “Sister…be careful.  Trust no one.”  Her sister nodded before bowing deferentially to the Duchess.  Turning, she went to make arrangements for the transport of munitions and materiel.  And of course the newest intel.

As Bo-Katan did so, Satine sat contemplating the suddenness of current events and their ramifications.  After working and then reworking her plans in her head, she then amused herself by wondering again just how many Jedi it would take to kill a Praetorian…or a Seneschal…

<<<<< >>>>>

As soon as the door to his chamber closed, the Seneschal reviewed the entire layout of the Palace grounds, his eidetic memory not only flawless but indeed the only tool he required.

He knew that the Duchess was conspiring, plotting against his Goddess and her Benevolent Empire.  All he required was physical proof.

And he thought he knew how to finally get it.  The Mandalorians would provide all that he required.  Now, he only needed to do his duty.

Reaching from behind his belt, he withdrew a small, black orb.  Focusing, he activated the device, waiting patiently.  He did not have to wait long.

“My Seneschal, so good to hear from you.  And so soon!  What have you learned?”  The disembodied voice was melodic and pleasant, sounding as if the speaker were in the room with him.

“My Goddess…your concerns are valid.  Mandalore is conspiring against you.”

“Do you have proof?”  Not a rebuke but merely curiosity.

“Not yet…but I will.  I promise.  For the good of the Empire.”  The Seneschal nodded, certain.

“I know, my Seneschal.  May the Blessings of the Three guide and protect you.”  With that, the connection was severed, leaving the Seneschal somewhat…empty.  But it was always so, especially since he’d come to serve her.  Obey her.

Worship her.

But he knew what was needed.  Reaching again to his belt, he withdrew a lightsaber and activated it.  The rich blue blade illuminated the entire room…much like his first conversations with his Goddess had illuminated him.  Or rather, who he used to be.  

And as the Lord Seneschal prepared for the violence of the night, a tiny part of him ruminated upon the man he used to be, the one he’d left behind, dross upon the dais of the Renewal Chamber.  He was no longer that man and neither did he answer to his former name.

Obi-Wan Kenobi was dead.  There was only the Lord Seneschal.  And he had a job to do.

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #338 on: July 03, 2018, 07:33:37 AM »

"After working and then reworking her plans in her head, she then amused herself by wondering again just how many Jedi it would take to kill a Praetorian…or a Seneschal…"

More than you Fear would be my guess.

What I really wanted to do with this Mirror Idea was give an opportunity to really break from canon and get some creativity flowing -  our other 'canon' stories are great of course, but I was a bit stuck on FotA and needed a break - working out how the Mirror Empire would work really helped me work through some scenes as I took the Mirror Empire (Benevolent as Dutch ahs termed it!) and worked back to how that kind of thinking starts...I really thought this concept would remain just that, but decided to post it for fun.

.Anyway enough about me...

This is beyond what I could imagine -  twists and places way outside of what I would imagine, Brilliant detail, politics so linked into the the post Republic situation and the Mendooran state at the time, great characterization of three very different people and the ending...My mouth dropped the first time I read it.  Really well Done Dutchman, this is what is great about this fan fiction it is absolute passion and creativity, and I am humbled at how much you put into my weird concept and so glad I took the risk to post it!.

Lord_S_Gray

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #339 on: July 09, 2018, 06:22:14 PM »

** Target Fixated **

MSS Hornet
Crew quarters
Hyperspace / M'Tzigon system...

Electronics Tech First Class Si'Mone'Kel could feel the grit in her eyes, as if someone has lined her eyelids with sand-paper.  Her body ached from hours in the chair, her head throbbed from to much computer screen time and to many latte's, and her bladder was begging for a release, but she was onto something here.  Something important... 

She tabbed again and realized she was out of pages.  That was the final after-action report filed from the WindSong's non-commissioned officers.  She'd combed over their combat logs, their reports, their logistics, their sensor logs.  Everything they'd had on file, and every bit of data she'd been able to vacuum out of their computer after they'd returned to Syvris.  It had taken her nearly 24 hours, most of that screen time, and she needed a break....

With a sigh Simone stood, and then began moving first at a quick walk and finally a dead run toward the head.  Once the insistent call of the mechanics of nature were dealt with she handled the less critical - but still vital - needs of showering and donning clean clothing.  Exhausted and comfortable at last, she laid down on her bed to get some rest...

...come right two-seven mark two-four-five..."

...multiple inbound tracks...

...decks three and four report heavy damage!  The reactor is going to...

The "Holocron" is gone!  No pods!  Missiles now tracking us!

...what the ...  targets just mulitplied!  Computer says its some form of ECM...

...evasive!  Laser turrets attempting to engage...

...hits!  Multiple hits!  Damage ... minimal!  Warheads failed to detonate...

With a groan Simone sat up in bead.  "Lights..."  She rubbed her eyes, still gritty despite the shower, and sighed.  "To much caffeine, girl..."

She padded out into the main room of her quarters, intent on finding something to neutralize the stimulant raging through her blood, but her computer caught her eye.  A simulation of the initial engagement between the Zann Consortium cruisers and the WindSong and Saber in the Daluug system played out in a loop, starting just as the third M'Tzigon Cruiser, the Holocron exploded with all hands.  Missiles were streaking in toward the other two cruisers as well, but instead of boring in like their predecessors they suddenly turned into the fuzzy clouds of ECM-generated false targets.

Or at least that's what it looked like...

Something was trying to surface, Simone recognized the feeling.  There was information trapped in her fatigue-laden brain that needed to come out before she would have any chance to sleep.  With a sigh Simone sat down and zoomed in on the WindSong, watching as the three missiles tracking her suddenly became clouds of multiple targets.  Two of the clouds missed, no hits or damage registering, but the third showed multiple impacts.

Multiple impacts ... and almost no damage...

Buzz droids!, or more properly Pistoeka sabotage droids, had been used extensively during the final years of the Clone Wars, but had not shown up much since.  However, they'd been manufactured in the millions on Ryloth and were known to be in the hands of the Zann Consortium.   They were usually deployed with the intent of damaging an enemy ship, either by disabling its control systems or simply burrowing in and breaking things.  But what if...

"Computer, isolate tactical recording, data section 227-440 frame ten through eighty."

"Done."

"Good.  Now, scan for any repeating signals in the Ku-band or Gu-Band."

"Working ... complete.  No signals found."

Simone sighed and closed her eyes.  "Damn..."  Most droid communications were conducted in the very narrow Ku and Gu bands.  But what if these were not normal?   "OK, widen parameters.  Search for a repeating signal in all bands.  Exclude normal sensor and communications bands and protocols."

"Working ..." 

Simone glanced at the status bar.  It would take several minutes to complete the wider search.  She glanced at the coffee machine and signed.  "Yeah, why not..."

She was half-way through the fresh latte' when her computer beeped.  "Scan complete.  Anomolies detected."

Simone felt her pulse quicken a bit.  The grittiness of her eyes was washed away by a surge of adrenaline as she slipped back into her seat.  "Show me."

ON the screen a series of pulses emerged.  They were encoded but the simple, repeating pattern was impossible to miss.  "These are S-band..."  S-band, or "s-thread" transmissions would trigger tracking stations when moving through hyperspace, giving both course and speed - and likely emergence location when following a well-known hyperspace route like the Triellus Trade Route...   "That's how they did it.  The buzz droids placed trackers on their hull!"

In triumph Simone logged what she'd found with notes and then dumped it all onto a chip.  "Computer, locate Major Mack."

"Major Mack is on the bridge."

Simone wrapped her tunic around her sweats and t-shirt and bounded down the corridor barefoot.  She was to excited to worry about formality or proper uniform, and she was off-duty anyway.  She doubted the XO or Captain would care two hoots about her sweats when they saw this!

She felt the ship transition from hyperspace to normal space while she was in the lift car.  Good!  We're home!  Her face was lit with a smile as bright as the sun as she stepped out of the lift and onto the bridge.  "Ma'am!  Major Mack, I need to show you something..."

El'Lynn's chopping motion stilled her and the silence on the bridge registered.  "What..."

The XO didn't say anything, just tipped her head toward the screen.  Simone's eyes followed the Majors to the viewer ... and the horror there ....

Si'Mone'Kel heard a slight gasp as she sat down hard in the empty assistant tac officer's chair.  It took long seconds for her to realize that the gasp and the quiet sobbing that followed were coming from her....

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #340 on: July 09, 2018, 04:19:46 PM »

That feeling when your brilliant insight suddenly becomes all but irrelevant in the face of a greater issue that slams into you...poor Simone...events have overtaken her - for now...

Lord_S_Gray

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #341 on: July 10, 2018, 02:01:59 PM »

Yeah.  :-)

This actually springs from something that was bothering me (something ELSE) when I watched The Last Jedi.  Everyone was freaking out about the First Order being able to track them through hyperspace.  They built an entire plot line around disabling the device they were using (though they never really got there) and implied that it was some kind of bulky, new, advanced tech.

But does anyone else remember Episode 2?  Obi Wan throwing a HYPERSPACE TRACKING DEVICE at Slave 1.  One small enough to fit into a POCKET?  Smaller than a baseball?  And then tracking that THROUGH HYPERSPACE from HIS FIGHTER?Huh?

Yeah.  I thought you would remember that...

But then that got me thinking: How might you apply something like that during a space battle?  And the answer: Buzz Droids.   Which the Zann Consortium uses in abundance. 

So, mystery solved, but still good to know.  :-)  And it shows once again just how weak the storytelling in TLJ really was...   *sigh*

LSG, Dutchman, do you think we could convince them to let us proof-read the next script and punch holes in it?  I think we could tighten their story up considerably....

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #342 on: July 10, 2018, 10:14:09 PM »

So, mystery solved, but still good to know.  :-)  And it shows once again just how weak the storytelling in TLJ really was...   *sigh*

Yeah amongst having time to go to a casino and break out racing animals whilst said fleet was being chased - plus they need 'fuel' which as I understood most ships would've been using battery drives or fusion reactor...and the First Order didn't seem to notice they were in a system with a PLANET...didn't think to send a force to occupy it...didn't micro jump ahead of the Rebels to trap them (most obvious thing!), set an interdictor, or most logically even if the Capital ships can't cover the fighters WHO CARES send every fighter you have to bring it down, if you lose 50% you still beat the rebels once and for all!!

There were good bits though, Rey/Kylo arc was good the rest was just....irritating because a focus group with 5 fans could've fixed it so easily...

Eggh we should've written it for them....

Lord_S_Gray

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #343 on: July 10, 2018, 10:20:50 PM »

Maybe we could send them a link to the Wookiepedia at least....   

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

« Reply #344 on: July 10, 2018, 10:34:19 PM »

Maybe we could send them a link to the Wookiepedia at least....   

Yeah or make them watch the movies this is meant to follow on from more closely (maybe they can ignore E1 midi chlorian bit though...)

Lord_S_Gray

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: