Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: BROOD GUARD SABER??  (Read 16170 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2017, 03:43:00 PM »

That makes a whole lotta sense.
I try. Grin

I am really tempted to buy this Brood Guard, but it will cost me $355...with premium sound...huhuhu!! T_T
I feel your pain. Cry But what else are you speccing? I priced one out with V4 sound and 10%off, and the total came to less than $300.

CE doesn't mean nickel plated. It means Collector's Edition.
The Mantis isn't
I am quite aware of this sad fact. However, the only other example of CE not immediately meaning nickel plated is the Manticore, which has the option of base aluminum or nickel (+$35).

True. And it isn't even nickel plating but the CE is a nickel finish. So I was 1/3 right.
I brought up the nickel plating because someone called it CE, which got my hopes up. The SE is available though.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2017, 05:13:20 PM »

I lost 5 minutes of my life I will never get back looking for a CE.  Huh

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2017, 05:32:12 PM »

I lost 5 minutes of my life I will never get back looking for a CE.  Huh
Sympathy +1. I did the same.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

lovetadraw
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -175

Lawth VS Malice ~The End of Innocence

« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2017, 05:52:31 PM »

Honestly is just me or would basing it off of a Dark Shock design be more accurate tan using an Aeon(?) base.

"Somewhere between darkness and light I reside, seek not to save me, for I needn't rescue."

Emerald Consular Staff (PO and Gold)
Chimera (Custom with Maticore emitter)
Cyan Short Boi (Modified Dark IniV2Le)
Kylo Ren-egade (Custom with Renegade parts)
MHS Luke Hero (Archon emitter)
Mustafar's Wake (Modified Dark Prophecy)
MHS Skywalker Saber
MHS Darth Zannah

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2017, 06:52:01 PM »

Honestly is just me or would basing it off of a Dark Shock design be more accurate tan using an Aeon(?) base.
Actually either Shock would work. Good catch. Leave it to the tinkerers. Before too long we'll be seeing mods on these.

But I took a look at an Ini last night, and you wouldn't want to use a 12" hilt on these as the overall length would be pushed out to 18". The blade wouldn't begin until it got past your elbow. Still think the Shock would look awesome.

Sig by For Tyeth

Thanamira
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 144

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2017, 01:24:00 PM »

I'm curious if anyone has played with one of these at a con (if US had them at cons previously) - how do you block an overhead strike or side strike to shoulder?

President, Boston Lightsaber Stage Combat Club
www.bostonlightsaber.com

Light side points appreciated!
Thanamira school of staff aesthetic preference: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32415.msg492503#msg492503

Grey Jedi Sam Adam
Knight Lieutenant

Force Alignment: -44

I am a guardian of balance.

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2017, 04:29:50 PM »

I agree with Taegan Roan. This is pretty cool. Being a collector, I definitely want to try one out. I love spinning and it looks to me like I could do some badass moves with it. Plus, I just love light sabers all shapes and sizes. To each is there own. Nice work Ultrasabers!

GREY JEDI SAM ADAM (The strength to remain steadfast against all odds)
SABER COLLECTION: *Aeon Le v4 (CG) *Dominix Le v2 (BR)
*Dark Initiate Le v4 (GB) *Aeon v2 (FO) *Dark Standard Issue Battle Saber v3 (SD) *Flamberge Se (BR) *Initiate v2 (FO) *Dark Initiate v2 (BR) *Aeon Le v5 (VA) *Manticore (CG) *Prophecy v3 (GB) *Initiate v3 (FO)

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2017, 05:27:45 PM »

Jumping on this for the raffle. I like the idea of a tonfa hilt, and I was vacillating over my choice anyway - this one's made my mind up Smiley

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2017, 06:17:11 PM »

Hi James.  Do you or anyone else recall that one tonfa that was given out perhaps last year or the previous one.  Was all silver and did not look much like the one presently for sale if I am imagining it correctly.  I think that I liked that design better as looked more like a blaster.  Not a fan of this style but will look forward to your awesome review and photos.  Smiley

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2017, 11:14:12 PM »

I remember it, was about 3 years ago maybe? The winner only posted about one photo, I think Shocked Shame they didn't share more - just enough to be tantalising! Cheesy

It's an interesting look. The bowed handle looks a little odd to me, given how straight the rest of the hilt is, but I imagine it feels fine in the hand. Hey, I could have it in less than 2 weeks!

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2017, 12:12:36 AM »

I'm curious if anyone has played with one of these at a con (if US had them at cons previously) - how do you block an overhead strike or side strike to shoulder?

I think Lord Bladewraith had the chance to play with on a little at a con. You could try talking to him. He isn't on a ton right now (busy with RL), but he'll probably get back to you.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

DarthBoneTD
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -841

High Sith Kommander

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2017, 02:11:30 AM »

Haven't been on in a long time, but just ordered 2 Brood guards since the tonfa is my weapon of choice and have been waiting for this design for quite some time. Got them in SY, and DVA. Super excited.

Lord of a 1000 sabers. Well almost!

Arsenal: Lots (35 Ultra Sabers)
Most Wanted: That one, oh yeah that one too, oh hell all of them.

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2017, 02:53:46 AM »

I would like to see the addition in parts. It looks like an initiate plus an L piece with a pommel. When someone gets one, post some pics of a disassembly, peas and carrots.  Cheesy

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2017, 02:55:58 AM »

Haven't been on in a long time, but just ordered 2 Brood guards since the tonfa is my weapon of choice and have been waiting for this design for quite some time. Got them in SY, and DVA. Super excited.

Dark, SE or LE? The blade colors will be awesome together.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

DarthBoneTD
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -841

High Sith Kommander

« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2017, 04:18:28 AM »

Dark, SE or LE? The blade colors will be awesome together.
I went dark. If I can figure out how to do image posting without photobucket by the time I get them I will post some photos.

Lord of a 1000 sabers. Well almost!

Arsenal: Lots (35 Ultra Sabers)
Most Wanted: That one, oh yeah that one too, oh hell all of them.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: