Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Mystery saber & 1st chosen saber  (Read 1200 times)
Pa-ung Ankin
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 7

Remember...the Force will be with you, always.

« on: November 09, 2017, 04:16:58 PM »

Hi All, thought i'd do a quick review having now owned my new US sabers for a few weeks now. My very first choice was a Mystery Box as I couldn't make up my mind as to what to buy and that turned out great as I got Dark Sentinel LE V4 with FOC / Guardian Blue blade which had Obsidian Lite sound, although I've purchased Obsidian V4 & Li-Ion upgrade which will be fitted when I get the time. I've also added an Archon pommel and replaced the blade retaining grub screws with anodized red thumb screws to make that a quick release.
So far I find this a great saber to wield, nicely balanced and works well either single or two handed use and the quality of finish is great so also looks good when on display.

My second saber was one I really liked the look of and went with Initiate LE V4 with emitter windows and Obsidian V4 & Li-Ion setup and finished it off with the Shock LE pommel & quick blade release thumb screw, this time went with Consular green with FOC, another great looking saber with superb finish although did find the pommel thread to be a but ruff although screwing/unscrewing the pommel a few times cleaned that up. Again great saber to wield and use and again looks superb when on the stands on my shelf.

Regarding the Obsidian sound I've been impressed with both the Lite & V4 versions, loud and clear output from both and went with the V4 with my second saber as wanted the ability to switch about sound packs and future option of uploading new ones & of cause going with the Li-Ion option. If it wasn't for that and I wanted to save some money then i'd be happy with just the cheaper Obsidian Lite as that with the FOC still has an impressive sound.

So overall I'm very happy going with Ultrasabers and will defiantly be ordering some more sabers for my growing collection, the hardest problem I have is choosing which one will be next  Smiley although have got my eye on the Menace SE as I think it will be nice to get a saber with MHS emitter so can have some more customization options by swapping out the emitter along with the pommel design.

I've included some images of them - I think both blade colour and pommel choice works well.

Initiate LE V4 - Consular Green, Dark Sentinel LE V4 - Guardian Blue
Menace SE - Emerald Driver, The Guardian - Guardian Blue
Consular - Emerald Driver, The Graflex CE - Emerald Driver

May the Force be with you.....

“You will know the good from the bad, when you are calm, at peace. Passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.”

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 06:20:26 PM »

Lovely sabers!

Point

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 06:28:02 PM »

Very nice!  I love the Archon pommel on that hilt.  I have one much like it myself.  :-)  And the Initiate is just a nice hilt all around but the Shock pommel really sets that one off!  Excellent pairing!

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 06:57:11 PM »

Very sweet pair! Congratulations.

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 06:58:19 PM »

Excellent pictures!  I like that Archon pommel on the Sentinel; I never considered that combination  Smiley  Same with the Aeon^^

+1 for you  Smiley

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Pa-ung Ankin
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 7

Remember...the Force will be with you, always.

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 08:08:18 PM »

Thanks, US have so many parts to customise it kinda makes limitless combos and not forgetting the couplers to then join them all together Smiley for ultimate fun

Initiate LE V4 - Consular Green, Dark Sentinel LE V4 - Guardian Blue
Menace SE - Emerald Driver, The Guardian - Guardian Blue
Consular - Emerald Driver, The Graflex CE - Emerald Driver

May the Force be with you.....

“You will know the good from the bad, when you are calm, at peace. Passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.”

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 08:57:21 PM »

You got some nice sabers there, congrats.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Jovvi
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 26

Light Side Points, Please

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2017, 09:41:28 PM »

Well done - very nice and I like both Pommels...  something to think on. Cheesy

The Old Broad with a Dog
May the Force be with us all

"The hare runs into the fire. The fire, it loves her, she is free..."  - "Tiffany" - I Shall Wear Midnight

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2017, 01:54:26 AM »

That Shock pommel makes an excellent addition

Zyn
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 63

What do I see? Light... Darkness.... Balance

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2017, 02:50:10 PM »

excellent sabers!

"The protectors of the Balance must stand on the edge of two worlds, accepted by neither, masters of both."

Butcher (Diamond) | Emperor's Hand* (BR) | Lost Gray* (SD) | Sentinel v4* (BR) | Reaper (AB) | D. Initiate (AS) | D. Apprentice LE v4 (SY) | Aeon v4 (CG) (WILLING TO TRADE) | Dark Sentinel/Aeon Staff (FO) | D. Prophecy Build Project (Pending)

Jovvi
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 26

Light Side Points, Please

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2017, 05:22:31 AM »

Truly excellent Sabers - great pull on your Mystery Box  The Force was with you.  Well done!

The Old Broad with a Dog
May the Force be with us all

"The hare runs into the fire. The fire, it loves her, she is free..."  - "Tiffany" - I Shall Wear Midnight

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2017, 08:51:29 AM »

They make a very nice pair. +1

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: