Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Aeon v2 RGB review (focus on RGB setup)  (Read 6258 times)
KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2017, 07:51:35 AM »

I won an Dominix V2 RGB saber several years ago.  My wife claimed it as hers as soon as she saw it, no questions asked and I don't even get to use it.  Its nice though, to be able to switch color on the fly with these sabers. 

Too bad about the AV Switches, it would have been pretty cool looking with them. 

Im sure there may be one or two members in the customization thread that can help you make this change on your own if your interested.

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

skribs
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 151

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2017, 05:11:37 PM »

I like how yours has the RWB switches instead of just 3 white.  (Although it would be even better if that middle switch was green).

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2017, 05:18:49 PM »

The guarded switch colors don't stay coordinated to those buttons... so although it looks nice it does/could give a more toyish appearance.  You can always get some hard setting acrylic nail polish and do it yourself.  Just rough up the silver centre and wipe off with nail polish acetone first for a clean surface.  Will stay on indefinitely or until removed.  Smiley

skribs
Knight Templar

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2017, 06:42:21 PM »

The guarded switch colors don't stay coordinated to those buttons...

What does this mean?

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2017, 03:25:54 AM »

The master switch for a 3 switch RGB will change out especially if you use 2 or 3 switches for a combination color.  If using just the straight RGB colors the turn off switch should be the one closest to the saber pommel.  Sometimes it is a challenge to know which button will turn the saber off and many tries are needed.  It's supposed to return to the same color as prior to shut off but not a guarantee.  Much better with a 4 button that has a dedicated master switch.

I'll take a pic of mine to add to the collection tomorrow since we lost a ton of photos in the photo shop dilemma.  Smiley

skribs
Knight Templar

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2017, 03:41:02 PM »

There is no master switch on the RGB Aeon.  Each switch is on or off for that LED.  If I have a fuscia saber, there is no master switch because it takes two clicks to turn off.  If I turn off Red I get blue, if I turn off Blue I get red.  It's simply turning on or off a single color channel, but which color channel goes with which switch will not change.

In either case, which button goes with which color does not change.  The top button is always red, middle always green, and bottom always blue.

So I'm not sure how they get desynchronized, or how nail polish will work differently from the color it comes with from the factory.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2017, 05:02:38 PM »

Holy !!  You have just explained to me in that short paragraph what has taken me years to try and figure out... well off and on... pun intended.  I am red faced embarrassed and also laughing out loud.   Shocked Roll Eyes Embarrassed Grin

The green polish was only in reference to the visual since US don't use a button in that color as shown in KDP's photo.

huge appreciation point to you  Cool

Here's mine.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 06:04:33 PM by Dauntless Seven » Logged

skribs
Knight Templar

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2017, 05:40:15 PM »

Roll Eyes   Undecided    Lips sealed

Ultrasabers is missing a "SMH" emoji.  I hope these will suffice.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2017, 07:03:52 PM »

Well I'm not clear on what your message actually is or what SMH emoji means.  You could be dissing me for all I know lol.  But as you become more familiar with my ways and questionable charm haha... you will find that I have my blonde ( no offense to that hair color ) moments.  Wink Tongue

skribs
Knight Templar

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2017, 08:20:35 PM »

SMH = Shaking My Head

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2017, 08:52:52 PM »

Okay... could be worse.  I was thinking that SMH could stand for... Severe Migraine Headache.  lol   Angry Roll Eyes Grin

skribs
Knight Templar

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2017, 09:24:50 PM »

It's usually accompanied with a sigh.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2017, 01:25:47 AM »

Hmm... you and your form of communication remind me of someone who was banned from this forum not that long ago... and you did receive that message ( in error ? ) on your phone as per your admission on another post that you started.  Undecided

After reading back on this specific thread... you actually are much more polite to most members who replied.  Undecided

skribs
Knight Templar

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2017, 06:58:46 PM »

The error message was incorrect. I wasn't actually banned.

And I hope you don't think I'm being impolite to you.  I'm just trying to give you a hard time.  I'm not trying to be malicious.  Tone is hard to convey over text sometimes.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: