Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: v3 help?  (Read 3607 times)
SilverHuntress
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -16

A huntress only by light of the moon

« on: November 13, 2017, 03:29:00 PM »

I'm a total newbie to all of this and my mystery saber came with a premium v3 sound board which I'm assuming is the Obsidian v3? So that's my first question. My second question is, is there a mute font for the v3 or is that only available with v4? From what I understand I can have one sound font at a time since multiple channels weren't introduced until v4. Sorry if this has been asked before or if this is the wrong place to ask! I guess my final question is (which isn't completely related) is if all sabers are upgradeable to either the emerald or diamond drivers.

I let not my hate control me,
For I control it.
I let not my fear antagonize me,
I rise up and overcome with all of my being.
The Force serves me,
As I serve it.
Above all I serve myself.
Do not mistake my kindness for pitty,
Do not assume my anger is misplaced,
I help and hate equally.
Only you can decide which side of me you'll see.

Arsenal:
Dark Sentinel v4 Obsidian Lite ~GB~
Phantasm Initiate v3 ~AS~
Aeon v4 /w/ ~CG~

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2766

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 05:45:09 PM »

I'm a total newbie to all of this and my mystery saber came with a premium v3 sound board which I'm assuming is the Obsidian v3? So that's my first question. My second question is, is there a mute font for the v3 or is that only available with v4? From what I understand I can have one sound font at a time since multiple channels weren't introduced until v4. Sorry if this has been asked before or if this is the wrong place to ask! I guess my final question is (which isn't completely related) is if all sabers are upgradeable to either the emerald or diamond drivers.
No. The V3 boards come with only one sound font, and no mute (which on the V4 is actually just an empty font). However, you can change sound fonts, even mix and match, by downloading the Obsidian Launcher, as well as the desired sound fonts.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

SilverHuntress
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 07:29:11 PM »

No. The V3 boards come with only one sound font, and no mute (which on the V4 is actually just an empty font). However, you can change sound fonts, even mix and match, by downloading the Obsidian Launcher, as well as the desired sound fonts.

Okay I knew the sound font was changeable but wasn't sure if there was a v3 mute. Am I correct in assuming I can lower the volume though?

For I control it.
The Force serves me,
As I serve it.
I help and hate equally.

Arsenal:
Aeon v4 /w/ ~CG~

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 07:37:05 PM »

Yes, but you need to re-write the whole font in order to finalize the process. Just lowering the volume without writing leads to nothing Wink That is only possible with a special gesture using the Diamond board.

As for upgrading: Any saber can be upgraded, but some sabers can only hold one board. So if you have a sound saber and want to upgrade it to an Emerald sound saber, you have to check if that hilt can acommodate both boards. This restriction doesn't apply to Diamond, though, as it's a one-in-all board.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

SilverHuntress
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 09:34:58 PM »

Yes, but you need to re-write the whole font in order to finalize the process. Just lowering the volume without writing leads to nothing Wink That is only possible with a special gesture using the Diamond board.

As for upgrading: Any saber can be upgraded, but some sabers can only hold one board. So if you have a sound saber and want to upgrade it to an Emerald sound saber, you have to check if that hilt can acommodate both boards. This restriction doesn't apply to Diamond, though, as it's a one-in-all board.

Hmm okay. From what I saw the Diamond board isn't too much more than the Emerald so I might just eventually save up for a Diamond board. I ended up with two hilts that I really like from the mystery boxes. Thank you!

For I control it.
The Force serves me,
As I serve it.
I help and hate equally.

Arsenal:
Aeon v4 /w/ ~CG~

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 09:42:23 PM »

No, it's just Emerald with sound combined, sprinkled with some other nice features. I'd also recommend saving for it, it's worth it. I haven't one myself, but only heard great things about it - also from Emory's introduction and how-to videos. Maybe I'll add one to my collection in the future...

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

SilverHuntress
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 09:43:16 PM »

also maybe I'm missing something. I thought you could buy a diamond board by it self. Am I just blind and not seeing where to buy it? Or do you HAVE to get a hilt with it?

For I control it.
The Force serves me,
As I serve it.
I help and hate equally.

Arsenal:
Aeon v4 /w/ ~CG~

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 09:46:15 PM »

It's not officially sold as a stand-alone item (the Emerald Driver isn't in the shop either), but you can ask Emory via info@ultrasabers.com if you can get one. All DIY builders do it (also with the Emerald Driver), and I haven't heard that Ultrasabers denied it.

Sig by Master Nero

SilverHuntress
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2017, 09:53:53 PM »

It's not officially sold as a stand-alone item (the Emerald Driver isn't in the shop either), but you can ask Emory via info@ultrasabers.com if you can get one. All DIY builders do it (also with the Emerald Driver), and I haven't heard that Ultrasabers denied it.

Ah yay okay ty so much!

For I control it.
The Force serves me,
As I serve it.
I help and hate equally.

Arsenal:
Aeon v4 /w/ ~CG~

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2017, 10:25:29 PM »

I have two Diamond sabers, an Archon V3.1 and Graflex SE, and yes, you should get a Diamond Controller just for the memory space and gradual on/off alone. Everything else is amazing perks.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2017, 06:56:30 PM »

Ah yay okay ty so much!

No problem, that's why we're here Smiley

Sig by Master Nero

SilverHuntress
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2017, 07:16:26 PM »

I emailed them and got a reply today from Marlena stating they can't sell diamond boards alone. Due to order demands they don't sell extras. So it looks like I'm the first to be denied if no one else has Sad

For I control it.
The Force serves me,
As I serve it.
I help and hate equally.

Arsenal:
Aeon v4 /w/ ~CG~

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2017, 07:22:26 PM »

Oh, too sad to hear that Sad But that can happen, I remember something with Emerald boards before. When there's high demand, US will more likely deny that because they need the boards for saber building.

Sig by Master Nero

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2766

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2017, 08:19:44 PM »

I emailed them and got a reply today from Marlena stating they can't sell diamond boards alone. Due to order demands they don't sell extras. So it looks like I'm the first to be denied if no one else has Sad
Did you inquire about having US upgrade the saber in question to Diamond instead of DIY?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: