Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: And What of the War Glaive?  (Read 2601 times)
Nabi_333
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 8

« on: November 13, 2017, 07:09:05 PM »

Hello, all. I was on the phone with my good friend from high school, and he happens to be on the fence about getting the Dark War Glaive as his dueling saber. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the pros and cons of using that one in battle so I could let him know.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 07:16:31 PM »

If he gets that as a dueling saber, I would strongly recommend removing all the claws for dueling.  And then reattaching later when done.   As I have seen many videos of people dueling with it where the claw gets hit and it breaks off.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Simonblackfell
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -1

Gray Paladin- if points even it out to zero please

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 07:17:57 PM »

Weight would be one of those. There is a good deal of meat to that saber. If you are doing stage fighting you need to be more aware of the claws and how you are using the saber overall. I would not recommend someone new to sabers to go with it. But would just say it will take some extra practice to get used to it and have proper control of the saber. As the claws are not one solid piece breakage is always an issue.

Simon Blackfell
We are gray. We stand without the corruption of the darkness or the Rigidity of the light. We bend and flow through the galaxy with the force as our guide. Just as the living force flows in all things, we embrace all things. Balance is the path of the force, so balance we seek...

Nabi_333
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 8

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 02:22:33 AM »

Thanks, guys, I appreciate the insight. I relayed what you said to my friend, who has since decided on the Scorpion. Would you happen to know if that's a better combat option?

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Light side points please

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 02:34:11 AM »

That one is even heavier, and again remove the claw for dueling.  Basic rule of thumb for all clawed sabers really.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 03:46:37 AM »

Hi.  Sabers with claws are not meant for safe dueling and especially combat which usually kicks up the dueling force.  Some claws cannot be removed from their emitters without weakening the retention/screw holes.  Those emitters/pommels that can have the claw taken off may have claw retainer pins that will stick out and could be damaged.  If your friend is really wanting a saber with claws and I have a few of them in my various collection so I'm a fan... then he could also purchase the emitters that purposefully have the claws and pins removed.  Then replace with the clawed version when finished.  Smiley

StarWarsForce
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -106

Light or Dark Points? You choose!

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 04:43:23 AM »

The Dark War Glavie is fantastic--great choke point. But yeah, you'll have to remove the claws, takes a couple of minutes.

Sabers I own (in order of how I got them):
Dominix LE V4--AS--Stunt
Consular--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Manticore CE--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Crimson Reaper--Tri AS--V4 Sound (Free Premium GB)
Dark War Glaive Body/Crimson Reaper Emitter/Crimson Mantis Pommel Mix--BR--Stunt (Free Premium GB)
Dark Prophecy V3--DVA--V4 Sound
Initiate LE V4--CG--Lite Sound (2nd Summer Raffle Win, 4th Prize, 2016)

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Light side points please

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2017, 11:26:43 PM »

OMG FLASH SALE!

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2017, 11:40:16 PM »

^^^^^^

What he said

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: