Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16   Go Down
Author Topic: Autumn Raffle EXTRAVAGANZA Winners  (Read 70815 times)
skribs
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 151

« Reply #135 on: November 16, 2017, 05:54:10 AM »

I'm really confused as to why it's $285 to upgrade from Sound + FoC to Diamond.  The difference I see between an Obsidian Lite with FoC and a Diamond saber is only $160-180.  That $285 is roughly the difference between a stunt saber and a Diamond saber.  I had assumed they would give the price of the electronics, and then charge you the additional price.  Seems like if you want a different chip, the only thing you get free is the hilt.

Kai-Yen
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 123

« Reply #136 on: November 16, 2017, 06:03:35 AM »

I have heard at times there is an installation fee so you are not just paying for the parts straight up in terms of cost.  It's a similar situation when you send a stunt hilt back for a sound upgrade.  They do in fact charge for labor.

Good luck!

K

Sabers Owned:  Azure Reaper (AB), Crimson Reaper (AS), Apprentice (BH).

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #137 on: November 16, 2017, 08:05:23 AM »

I'm really confused as to why it's $285 to upgrade from Sound + FoC to Diamond.  The difference I see between an Obsidian Lite with FoC and a Diamond saber is only $160-180.  That $285 is roughly the difference between a stunt saber and a Diamond saber.  I had assumed they would give the price of the electronics, and then charge you the additional price.  Seems like if you want a different chip, the only thing you get free is the hilt.

I have heard at times there is an installation fee so you are not just paying for the parts straight up in terms of cost.  It's a similar situation when you send a stunt hilt back for a sound upgrade.  They do in fact charge for labor.

Good luck!

K

This is true. The last couple times I asked for an estimate, I was qouted $50 for labor.

The reason for the $285, is that is the price of the chip.  From what I understand, yes. They gut your saber, install new electronics, then ship it back to you.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Pink Ego
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #138 on: November 16, 2017, 02:23:55 PM »

Just a suggestion for the next saber raffle in regards to coupon codes.
Any of the “Flash20” sales cannot be combined with other offers including the raffle codes, my suggestion is to allow the raffle code to be used in combination with the “Flash20” code if the minimum purchase has been made.

Thank you for the consideration.

skribs
Knight Templar

« Reply #139 on: November 16, 2017, 03:19:46 PM »

This is true. The last couple times I asked for an estimate, I was qouted $50 for labor.

The reason for the $285, is that is the price of the chip.  From what I understand, yes. They gut your saber, install new electronics, then ship it back to you.

We're not talking about sending the saber back.  We're talking about "you won a $344 prize" (Chosen One CE with Obsidian Lite and Flash on Clash, with no other options), and it will cost you $285 to upgrade that prize to a $504 prize (Chosen One CE with Diamond and no other options).  You're paying $285 to get a prize worth $160 more.  I would have expected them to say "Your prize would have been a $344 value, this is a $504 value, so we are charging you $160 difference for the upgrade on the prize."

That1GrayJedi
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 68

Light Side Points Please

« Reply #140 on: November 16, 2017, 03:38:50 PM »

Just a suggestion for the next saber raffle in regards to coupon codes.
Any of the “Flash20” sales cannot be combined with other offers including the raffle codes, my suggestion is to allow the raffle code to be used in combination with the “Flash20” code if the minimum purchase has been made.

Thank you for the consideration.

We got 10% off, dont be greedy. They dont have to do raffles at all.

I have studied you, and found nothing but weakness.

That1GrayJedi
Knight Ensign

Light Side Points Please

« Reply #141 on: November 16, 2017, 03:41:27 PM »

We're not talking about sending the saber back.  We're talking about "you won a $344 prize" (Chosen One CE with Obsidian Lite and Flash on Clash, with no other options), and it will cost you $285 to upgrade that prize to a $504 prize (Chosen One CE with Diamond and no other options).  You're paying $285 to get a prize worth $160 more.  I would have expected them to say "Your prize would have been a $344 value, this is a $504 value, so we are charging you $160 difference for the upgrade on the prize."

They did not include any diamonds in the raffle. If assume the profit margin is lower on the diamond. You can't blame them for charging whatever they want as an upgrade fee... be lucky they even give the option to upgrade. People won the sabers.. 285 for diamond seems like a killer deal to me still.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #142 on: November 16, 2017, 03:47:46 PM »

Congrats winners. James Casey, has there been a raffle you didn’t win? Looks like 0 for 4 for me. Oh well, maybe next time.

Many, believe me! I've been entering them for ~ 5 years, so over that length of time you'll win some and not others.

I’m very curious if any past winners have won any “unreleased exclusives”? Are they talking about something like a random Frankensaber with miss-matched parts (not hating it could be really cool) or are they talking about prototypes or concept sabers or maybe even unreleased future designs?

I got a Dark Sentinel a few years back some time before they were released. The v4 hilts all got previewed as raffle prizes around that time, I think, and a prototype Menace went out to someone around the same time. My review won't have photos any more, but you can find it here.

The only 'sabre I remember seeing that wasn't released at all was a tonfa hilt a few years back. I guess that was a prototype for the Brood Guard hilt, but it looked pretty different was a true prototype, you might say, rather than just an early glimpse ahead of full production.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #143 on: November 16, 2017, 03:49:41 PM »

same, entered into a few of the raffles, won once.
was pretty stoked for that one. was my 1st sound saber

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

TemplarDroid
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -31

« Reply #144 on: November 16, 2017, 04:25:28 PM »

Agree, I put together the cheapest saber and options for a Diamond saber using the order screen and it came to $389.99 (including $15.00 shipping). Subtract the $285.00 Diamond upgrade fee and you are still up by $104.99 .

Sferraro97
Force Sensitive

« Reply #145 on: November 16, 2017, 04:53:17 PM »

Thanks for the update, cant wait to get my saber.

Pink Ego
Force Sensitive

« Reply #146 on: November 16, 2017, 05:29:17 PM »

Not being greedy. They will actually enter you in the raffle if you have spent the minimum amount even with the “Flash20”, just trying to simplify the process.
I called them about it during the raffle and they told me as long as I made a note of it in the comments during checkout they would manually put an entry in the raffle.
It is already something they are honoring without trying to cast shame by implying greedy customers. My suggestion was to make it easier on their end to not have to manually enter customers in the raffle by reading the comments box.
Thank you for your support, may the force be with you.

skribs
Knight Templar

« Reply #147 on: November 16, 2017, 05:58:36 PM »

I'm guessing what they're mostly trying to do is avoid using a 10% allsaber code with a 20% flash code.

That1GrayJedi
Knight Ensign

Light Side Points Please

« Reply #148 on: November 16, 2017, 06:04:03 PM »

I'm guessing what they're mostly trying to do is avoid using a 10% allsaber code with a 20% flash code.

Id day this is exactly it

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #149 on: November 16, 2017, 07:20:46 PM »

skribs , wait they actually told you what prize you won? Or your description of the chosen is a hypothetical example?

Because knowing my prize would potentially change my decision not to upgrade...

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: