Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: I'm new Help me  (Read 2613 times)
Fyr
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« on: November 16, 2017, 06:13:20 PM »

Ok i Just today got my ultrasaber I have some questions. I see alot about How tight to tighten the screw but None really say CLEARLY. I've heard to tighten till you feel resistance But You feel resistance right when you start because your screwing in a screw! It's Just so unclear. Also is it normal for your blade to have little circles on the bottom where it has been screwed in by the screw? Or is that overtightend? Pls help i nub

skribs
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 151

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 06:18:00 PM »

Tighten until you feel more resistance.  You should be able to tell the difference between screwing into the threads and pushing into the blade.

Those little indents are what is holding the blade in.  If you didn't have those indents, the blade would probably fly out of the emitter after just a couple spins.

Personally, once I've found a spot that works for the screw, I just count how many turns I take before the blade falls out, and then repeat that number of turns when I put the blade back in.

Fyr
Force Sensitive

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 06:27:04 PM »

Tighten until you feel more resistance.  You should be able to tell the difference between screwing into the threads and pushing into the blade.

Those little indents are what is holding the blade in.  If you didn't have those indents, the blade would probably fly out of the emitter after just a couple spins.

Personally, once I've found a spot that works for the screw, I just count how many turns I take before the blade falls out, and then repeat that number of turns when I put the blade back in.
Also will the blade rattle a bit?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 06:37:30 PM »

Also will the blade rattle a bit?
The blade shouldn't rattle, but the LED unit might rattle against the blade base. What hilt do did you get?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Fyr
Force Sensitive

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 06:44:47 PM »

The blade shouldn't rattle, but the LED unit might rattle against the blade base. What hilt do did you get?
I got a sentinal v4 and what I'm expirencing right now Or atleast what i think is happening Is the upper half of the blade is rattling. I did about 6 and a half rotations on the screw (it was fully out of the hilt so thats 6 and a half total)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 07:21:46 PM »

I got a sentinal v4 and what I'm expirencing right now Or atleast what i think is happening Is the upper half of the blade is rattling. I did about 6 and a half rotations on the screw (it was fully out of the hilt so thats 6 and a half total)
Do you mean blade or hilt is rattling? The blade (light up part) shouldn't have anything that rattles. The hilt (handle) might rattle for one of two reasons, depending on what you mean by "upper half":

1) The LED module may not be secured by the blade when you put it in. It's no big deal. Simply put the blade into the hilt as far as it will go, then tighten the blade screw.

2) Depending on the power setup and whether or not you got sound, the battery harness might be hitting the pommel. Again, no big deal. If you don't have sound, you can put some tissue in there to dampen the rattle.

Hope this helps.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Fyr
Force Sensitive

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2017, 07:31:18 PM »

Do you mean blade or hilt is rattling? The blade (light up part) shouldn't have anything that rattles. The hilt (handle) might rattle for one of two reasons, depending on what you mean by "upper half":

1) The LED module may not be secured by the blade when you put it in. It's no big deal. Simply put the blade into the hilt as far as it will go, then tighten the blade screw.

2) Depending on the power setup and whether or not you got sound, the battery harness might be hitting the pommel. Again, no big deal. If you don't have sound, you can put some tissue in there to dampen the rattle.

Hope this helps.
Sorry I realise now i was not clear on that But upper half i just meant upper half of the blade. I think it must just be the electronics. I'll probably just put something in there to dampen it like you said. I think I've found the right amount to tighten the blade. I'm exited for night so i can see it in the dark  Shocked. Thank you guys alot

Fyr
Force Sensitive

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2017, 07:33:59 PM »

Sorry I realise now i was not clear on that But upper half i just meant upper half of the blade. I think it must just be the electronics. I'll probably just put something in there to dampen it like you said. I think I've found the right amount to tighten the blade. I'm exited for night so i can see it in the dark  Shocked. Thank you guys alot
I also wonder if ultraedge midgrade are sturdy enough for some dueling. I saw a video on youtube of people just SMASHING midgrades together and i think they were reg midgrade not ultraedge and they were fine. Is that really the case?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2017, 07:40:51 PM »

This still doesn't make much sense. The blades are nothing but plastic tubes with rolled cellophane and a tip with a mirror on it. No electronics. Now if you flex the blade the cellophane might make a slight crinkle noise, but I can't figure out a rattle.

I also wonder if ultraedge midgrade are sturdy enough for some dueling. I saw a video on youtube of people just SMASHING midgrades together and i think they were reg midgrade not ultraedge and they were fine. Is that really the case?
Mid-grades are good for light to medium dueling. They can take a decent hit. But if you plan to seriously throw down....go Heavy.

Sig by For Tyeth

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2017, 11:03:07 PM »

The midgrade blades are exactly the same width whether ultraedge or regular. The only difference is in the film inside the plastic tube of the blade.

Most of my blades are midgrade thickness and I've never had any of them break, although I don't tend to spar heavily. Generally, the midgrade blades have a little bit of flex to them and are more forgiving if you whack your opponent with them. A heavy grade blade has very little give and will hurt, but they are more durable if you're going at it full tilt on a regular basis.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2017, 02:13:21 PM »

The midgrade blades are exactly the same width whether ultraedge or regular. The only difference is in the film inside the plastic tube of the blade.
I thought the only difference between std and UE was the plastic: std is clear and UE is translucent white.

Most of my blades are midgrade thickness and I've never had any of them break, although I don't tend to spar heavily. Generally, the midgrade blades have a little bit of flex to them and are more forgiving if you whack your opponent with them. A heavy grade blade has very little give and will hurt, but they are more durable if you're going at it full tilt on a regular basis.
Agree with this totally.

Sig by For Tyeth

Fyr
Force Sensitive

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2017, 05:31:39 PM »

The friends i will be dueling against are gona use the telescoping sabers against this. Those should be fine? as long as i don't smack it into a cinder block

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2017, 05:34:27 PM »

The friends i will be dueling against are gona use the telescoping sabers against this. Those should be fine? as long as i don't smack it into a cinder block
Uh........you're probably going to win. But yes, if you strike very tenderly, your friends saber should survive.

Sig by For Tyeth

Fyr
Force Sensitive

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2017, 08:10:29 PM »

Uh........you're probably going to win. But yes, if you strike very tenderly, your friends saber should survive.
Ok. So It's their saber i should be afraid of breaking

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2017, 08:36:12 PM »

Ok. So It's their saber i should be afraid of breaking
Well Ultra sabers are first and foremost combat sabers. Which means they can take a beating and still deliver an ass whoopin'.

Sig by For Tyeth

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: