Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Help with a dark mantis  (Read 1131 times)
Deungo
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: November 16, 2017, 10:08:43 PM »

So, I recently got the Dark mantis as a gift from the wife, obsidian sound, all the bells and whistles...

I was curious if there's a safe method for removing the shroud. The thing is sharp tbh, cut my hand more than once on it.

(Ps. the claws are dangerous. My friends and I do full contact sparring and I've chunked a blade already with them)

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 03:47:16 AM »

I know the claws can be removed, but I don't know about the shroud

Isola815
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 594

"Most Redacted"

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 04:22:05 AM »

So, I recently got the Dark mantis as a gift from the wife, obsidian sound, all the bells and whistles...

I was curious if there's a safe method for removing the shroud. The thing is sharp tbh, cut my hand more than once on it.

(Ps. the claws are dangerous. My friends and I do full contact sparring and I've chunked a blade already with them)

You need to remove the electronics to remove the body shroud.

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 04:29:14 AM »

I've heard of the chevron shapes on the emitter collar being sharp.  But this is the first time I have heard of the body shroud being sharp.  Almost sounds like gloves are needed for handling sheesh.

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Deungo
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 06:19:50 PM »

Aye, the chevron could use a sanding, I'm going to work on that tonight.

I think the problem with the shroud is more that My grip slipped. Agreed, gloves are a solid plan. I'm going to go out this weekend and grab some leather ones or some such.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 06:53:38 PM »

Do you mean the collar around the emitter or the shroud around the main grip?

The collar is easy enough to take off, but I wouldn't recommend taking off the grip shroud. I was able to break the sharp edges on mine, but I got the CE. I didn't have sharp edges on the shroud, but the collar and emitters were very sharp.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

skribs
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 151

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 11:33:25 PM »

So the subject line for this thread on the main forum page gets truncated to "help with a dark man..."

Edon Bluewolf
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1271

Light side points please

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 11:39:49 PM »

LMAO!  Cheesy

“Your focus determines your reality.” – Qui-Gon Jinn

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: