Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Bad led?  (Read 664 times)
alegolasg
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: November 18, 2017, 11:47:51 AM »

So I picked up some basic stunt sabers for my siblings this Christmas (give or take 10 day of willpower Wink)
The consular green and blazing red look amazing.
However the violet amethyst is really disappointing to me. It does not seem even half as bright as the other two colors, and the the purple looks more like a really faded light purple that may have actually been blue at some point. It does not change at all with new batteries.

It does look better when photographed by a smartphone but in person it’s terrible even without comparing it to the others. It’s nowhere close to the render shown on the website.

So I have to ask.
Is this how it’s meant to look in person?
Can I do anything to fix the light?
Do I just have a bum led and should try again or just pick a different light color?

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 04:52:00 PM »

Try using fresh batteries

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 05:20:52 PM »

Hi.  Normally the perhaps separation and dullness of colors could indicate a need for fresh quality brand batteries.  Rechargeable ones are good.  However... mixed colors are never as strong as single ones with CG and BR being two of the most intense.  I have several sabers with the VA or purple LED.  The stunts are not as vivid.

My suggestion is to first take the battery pack out of the saber just enough so that you can eye ball the internal wiring.  Check to see if the wiring is intact and free from any obstruction.  Could possibly be a not so clean soldering connection.  Also check the battery pack to make sure that the batteries are fitting securely.  A pic with the color shone against a whiter wall would be helpful.  Don't use a blade plug or blade for that one and stand back a few feet.  Smiley

EDIT:  If you are using an UEMG or UEHG which is the white film looking blade and not the silver foiled one... the purple color will look fuller in the blade but generally more milky or softer.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: