Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Bellicose with quick disconnect has a blade sleeve...?  (Read 1169 times)
steadfastivory
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 8

“That's how I roll."

« on: November 18, 2017, 09:23:20 PM »

I just got a Bellicose, and after swinging it around a bit, I took out the blade to make sure I knew how to swap the blade with a blade plug. I found out that the retention screw doesn't hold the blade directly. Instead, it holds a metal sleeve, which then has two retention screws that hold the blade. My initiate from over a year ago didn't have this setup, so now I'm confused.

Is the blade sleeve a normal feature these days, or specific to some models/configurations of sabers?

Is it possible for me to get another one of these sleeves so that I can have one attached to the blade, and one attached to the blade plug?

(Sorry if this has been talked about elsewhere. I wasn't sure what search term would find the thread I needed)

I'd like to be a Jedi, if I have any choice in the matter.

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 09:29:43 PM »

No, only some sabers have such a so-called blade holder. It's hold by the outer retention screw, and the blade holder itself holds the blade with two screws.

AFAIK only the Raven blade holders are sold separately. But you can ask Emory (info@ultrasabers.com) if there's a possibility to get a second.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

steadfastivory
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 8

“That's how I roll."

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 09:51:19 PM »

OK, thanks for the info.

I'd like to be a Jedi, if I have any choice in the matter.

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 10:20:56 PM »

I have one. I had to order a Raven plug, and in the instructions I had to specify it was supposed to be a Bellicose and whether I wanted black or silver.

As has been suggested, though, run it by US in order to make sure this is still the procedure.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 07:12:33 PM »

I have one. I had to order a Raven plug, and in the instructions I had to specify it was supposed to be a Bellicose and whether I wanted black or silver.

As has been suggested, though, run it by US in order to make sure this is still the procedure.
Raven plug?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 07:39:58 PM »

Raven plug?

Sorry. Raven blade holder. Thanks for catching that.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 07:40:21 PM »

Sorry. Raven blade holder. Thanks for catching that.
Had my hopes up for nuthin.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

skribs
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 151

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 09:43:01 PM »

Some of the emitters (as Ultrasabers calls them, or blade holders as others do) hide the retention screws for the saber.  For example, with the Menace you must unscrew the cap, and slide that off followed by a shroud in order to access the screws.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: