Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sentinal V4 Leather Wrap on hilt  (Read 2385 times)
RRabbi
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 11

« on: November 22, 2017, 08:28:12 AM »

I added the black leather exactly one day after receiving my very first Ultrasaber in the mail... 

I'm very happy with the results!

Sentinel V4 Arctic Blue TRI Cree with Obsidian Lite, Aeon V2 LE Blazing Red TRI Cree

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2017, 10:48:44 AM »

Welcome to the forum.

You need to read and acknowledge the rules Here

Very nice wrap.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

RRabbi
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 02:59:55 PM »

I thought I already did, same day I signed up... Must not have posted lol

Sentinel V4 Arctic Blue TRI Cree with Obsidian Lite, Aeon V2 LE Blazing Red TRI Cree

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 04:16:39 PM »

Oh man, that is a beautiful combination! Great work on the wrap. I like the pommel choice, too.

My friend's Dark Sentinel LE has brown leather choke wraps, this is a perfect match for that. And, it's also blue  Smiley

RRabbi
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 10:01:13 PM »

I tossed around a dark burgundy leather, but black was the obvious choice on silver, imo...     A dark brown on black would look sharp...   The only other customization I want to do is remove the retention screw insert and replace it with some sort of aluminum knob (same color as the hilt, if possible)....

Yeah, that pommel seems perfect to me, for the Sentinel... I like streamlined...

I really really liked the Manticore with the solid black part of the hilt and so the mod I did with the black leather gives me the same yummy feelings

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2017, 10:06:07 PM »

A thumb screw would look fantastic! Also I agree that the Manticore is very attractive and striking hilt.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 04:07:48 AM »

Nice addition there. The Catalyst pommel looks good, too

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 03:43:10 PM »

Thumbscrews are the best way to go. No more wrenches while dueling. I suggest the aluminum wide screw from TCSS, the length is good for the Sentinel and the head is big enough to tighten easily.

RRabbi
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2017, 08:44:09 PM »

so, the thread size of the set screw that came with the Sentinel hilt is 8-32...   when I measure the length of the actual screw shaft it looks like its 1/4" long (about 7 ridges on the thread)... is that the length i'm looking for? i.e. 8-32 1/4"?  I know the end of the thumb screw has to be flat, but I wonder if it should be a little longer than 1/4" so that it doesn't just go flush with the inside of the hilt and not even make contact with the blade or blade plug...

A lot of the ones on TCSS are 0.3" which seems like it makes sense... a little longer than 0.25".... I don't know if all the emitter parts of Ultrasabers are a standard thickness...

I don't want a button head, but they have those in 1/4"...  I like the thumb screws, probably get the anodized one at the top of this page from TCSS... or maybe the black...  it'd go nice with the black wrap..  Still, not sure if 0.3" is appropriate...

http://www.ultrasabers.com/8-32-Thread-C43.aspx

Dave

UPDATE: I just searched the forum and found the answer! go figure... Someone said 3/8" is what I need...   I can see a stainless steel thumb screw in that size, BUT, will that look ok on the aluminum hilt? the 0.3" anodized one looks way better and the knurled head is wider and maybe shallower, which I like. If 0.3" works, i'd rather get that... hmmmmm

RRabbi
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2017, 09:15:46 PM »

This is what I think I want, because I almost want the color of the screw and hilt to blend together:

http://www.ultrasabers.com/8-32-x-3-anodized-thumb-screw-P548.aspx

So, is the length adequate? 0.3"

RRabbi
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2017, 02:08:01 AM »

Never mind those links I guess... oops

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2017, 10:22:12 PM »

You did a great job, looks good.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: