Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Autumn Raffle First Prize and Purchase Review!  (Read 710 times)
RsGames1999
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« on: November 23, 2017, 04:04:27 AM »

Hi! So, I've never done this before, but I was asked to post on Saberforum about my raffle win, so here we are!

I purchased myself a white Renegade with heavy grade blades and color discs back in October, and was notified a while back that I won the raffle I'd entered at checkout. Sweet! I was getting a mystery saber. Not bad, right?
You have no idea.

Picture

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1M4NVo_UlcY0QCho55KIgqcT3WQlWVi5q - The Renegade has yellow and orange discs in it right now for a gold blade. Loving it.

Firstly, this Emerald, Obsidian War Glaive is AWESOME. I was STOKED when I opened the box and found it. That being said...

I would like to make it clear that I spar with these - I do not just buy these to look nice on my wall. I wouldn't have spent $400 on the Renegade if I wanted a decoration. My first saber that I bought back in 2015 was a midgrade blade - That was a mistake. The blade tip broke after barely any sparring at all. That being said, it looked nicer on display than the heavy grade blades I've been buying since, but as I said, that wasn't the intention of my purchase.

I will not complain about this - The saber was free, after all, I'm just trying to outline this clearly. But the midgrade blade I received in the box broke in the exact same way as the first within 3 or 4 good rounds of sparring with sabers of similar weight. I plan to transfer over a heavy grade blade when I can, but that brings me to a problem with the Renegade - The screw wrench is a different size. This did annoy me. I added that wrench hoping to use it in place of my long lost first wrench, but apparently the Renegade uses a different size than the 5/64 wrench I'm used to from literally all of my other sabers. This confuses me. It also means I now have to hunt down a 5/64 wrench instead of simply receiving the one I thought I payed for.

The weight of both sabers is great for different reasons. I bought the Renegade specifically for a heavy product, and it truly does deliver. The War Glaive, on the other hand, provides a cool contrast to it by being super light and easy to wield. It's also really easy on my palms, which the Renegade just isn't, as much as I love it anyway.

All in all, though, excellent product! Once I get that heavy grade blade put into the War Glaive it'll be good as new. Just learn from my past mistakes: If you're going for display, midgrade is the best. Combat, though, usually means you'll want heavy grade.

DarthBoneTD
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -841

High Sith Kommander

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 11:59:57 AM »

Hi RsG, welcome and thank you for your review.
Outstanding prize saber, well done. I own both of the sabers you talk about in this (mad props on the AS Renegade btw) and agree with you totally on the weights and the midgrade blades. As for the blade retension screw it is the same for the Renegade as the DWG. The only larger screw is the claw screws on the Renegade. So if you got a  retension screw key with your War Glaive it should fit your Reny, and pretty much any current US. One size takes the blade out of all my sabers. Try taking the emitter w/blade off then put the key in and move it around a little. This is the key I got with the my new Broods and it fits both.

Always throw in a blade retension key on your US order, you can never have to many.

Lord of a 1000 sabers. Well almost!

Arsenal: Lots (35 Ultra Sabers)
Most Wanted: That one, oh yeah that one too, oh hell all of them.

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 02:34:19 PM »

Beautiful sabers!

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Therion Jinn
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1426

May The Force Serve You Well

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 12:58:28 AM »

Excellent sabers

Good points made about the Renegade

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: