Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Raven Claw Came Off  (Read 725 times)
frankmoses
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 17

Light side points, please

« on: November 23, 2017, 05:52:19 PM »

I just received a Raven as my first place raffle prize! I was super excited, and was about to post pics when one of the claws suddenly came off. It's like the threading where the screw connects is gone.  Not only that, but my brother attempting to fix it promptly lost the screw. So two questions:  One, has this ever happened to anyone? And two: what kind of screw is this, and should I attempt to re-thread the hole myself? Thanks!

"You can‘t force people to be just and decent. Such qualities arise from within – they cannot be forced from without." - Qui-Gon Jinn

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 07:16:50 PM »

I just received a Raven as my first place raffle prize! I was super excited, and was about to post pics when one of the claws suddenly came off. It's like the threading where the screw connects is gone.  Not only that, but my brother attempting to fix it promptly lost the screw. So two questions:  One, has this ever happened to anyone? And two: what kind of screw is this, and should I attempt to re-thread the hole myself? Thanks!

If the threads are stripped then re-threading the hole is an easy fix (if you have the tools) Be aware when you re-tap the hole it will be the next size bigger.  You can use any machine screw you want as long as it is the correct size to fit the tap drill. Also be aware that you need it to be the correct length so it doesn't bottom out or interfere with any internals.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2017, 09:30:59 PM »

Contact ultrasabers about the issue. Does taking the screw off another claw work in the hole?

frankmoses
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 09:43:19 PM »

No,  the inside is stripped. The other holes have a black threaded interior,  but for some reason it's bare metal. The screw just turns and turns.

"You can‘t force people to be just and decent. Such qualities arise from within – they cannot be forced from without." - Qui-Gon Jinn

Samhain138
Dark Lord of the Menace Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2171

Aw, crap.

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2017, 09:58:35 PM »

I wonder what happened.  I'd still hit them up about it, they might can retap it for you.  Doing it yourself will void your warranty.

frankmoses
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2017, 10:15:05 PM »

Yeah,  that's what I think I'm going to do. It's not even 24 hours old,  and I don't want to risk the warranty! Thanks

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: