Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: How to make an awesome led lightsaber on the cheap side  (Read 1337 times)
Grpeak
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: November 24, 2017, 01:34:05 AM »

Hello. Trying to figure out every thing I need to create an awesome saber on a fixed budget. I am so confused because there are so many options and opinions. I am new to the saber scene. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 10:23:31 PM »

This forum is about Ultrasabers, not about making sabers on the cheap. Just FYI.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Lady Agana Kath
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -2130

Go Red or Go Home

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 11:09:46 PM »

If you want to get an Ultra on a limited budget I would look at either the $75 mystery box or a grab bag.

Current Collection: http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=36545.0   Want List: Menace CE, Graflex SE   
Darkside Points Please

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 11:29:47 PM »

Well, there are lots of options and opinions. I started my entrance to duelworthy sabers by waiting for a great deal from ultrasabers and buying a tri cree adegan silver with v4 sound. This gives me color changing with Lee Filter color discs and sound that I can tweak with changeable sound options.

I still wish I could afford to get a diamond or emerald for brighter deeper color mixes and FOC, but I feel I found the best affordable balance until then. I don't feel I could have found anything this good and this well priced with any other saber maker I've found but Ultrasabers.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Carde
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -20

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2017, 10:56:50 PM »

What is your budget, and what features do you want out of the saber ideally?  That information will help us help you.

Warm regards,

Carde
Darkside Points Please.

Electrum Wind [FO] Premium Sound, Dark Sentinel V4 LE
 lite sound, Sentinel V4 [GB] lite sound, Scorpion [GB] lite sound, Initiate V2 [CG], Aeon V3
, Aeon V3 [CG], Aeon LE V3 [FO], Dominix V4 [AS], Dominix LE V4 [AS], Sentinel LE V4 [AS], Aeon V3 [AS]

Grpeak
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 11:10:23 PM »

Hi. Thanks for responding. I almost gave up hope. I am making my own lightsaber and I don't have a big budget to blow on parts like some other people. The blade I am building is a string blade and it is just for show. But I need to find a resistor for it because the one I have gets really hot. Budget is around 50.00 . Thank you

VaporTrail_000
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 10:50:49 PM »

Unless you plan on going full hardware store DIY, (in which case, there ARE better forums out there) $50 isn't going to get you much in the way of a hilt.

But... As far as US goes...

An empty Dark Initiate v2 hilt (which is on back order...) is roughly $30 before shipping. If you've got a working string blade all you need do is figure out a mounting solution for $20 or so, and do the installation.

And as far as your resistor getting hot, it's who they are, and what they do. How hot they get is dependent on you circuit calculations and you're more likely to find a guide to those elsewhere, as string blades aren't as combat capable as a single in-hilt LED module (Ultrasabers' construction philosophy is based on "if you can't duel with it, why bother", and therefore "artistic value only" blades and hilts aren't very common around this forum.

Dark Apprentice LE V4 In Guardian Blue (Winter Sale Free Initiate)
Initiate V4 in Consular Green (Winter Sale Free Mystery Box)
Dark Initiate V4 LE in Consular Green, w/ LI-Ion pack (Winter Raffle 3rd Prize)
1 Diamond Initiate V4 LE
1 Diamond Dark Initiate V4

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: