Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: Orphan of the Aether  (Read 8465 times)
Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2017, 10:11:33 PM »

And a fitting end to the saga!  The girls find their way home, and all is well...  Mostly.  Though they still don't constitute what I would call a "viable gene pool"...

Thanks LSG!  Great saga.  I am still disturbed, though, by the lack of ... oh, universal morality lets call it.  These Aethans are WAY to ready to kill anyone who isn't "one of them".
Reminds me a little of Bester from Babylon 5 and his view of "normals"... 

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

TheDutchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1106

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2017, 12:48:59 AM »

Wonderful conclusion!  Glad that the girls were able to meet up with Valens and join with Melton, given the adversity they've been through... Still calls to question: what are the motives of the Goddess?

As Karm stated, your story is darker than ours but I think that it occupies the same ambiance as "Rogue One." And like the movie, your narrative is better than anything that has been released as canon; your writing is that good LSG.  I can't wait for your next installment in the aether!

BTW, not sure how but I missed your initial post for CH.9.  I am amazed at the turn of events: from the girls' inclusion of Maynard to his rejuvenation via the Aether, fantastic chapter!

Sig courtesy of DarthScrub

Cataphract Triarch of the Vhal'Dan

My sabers:Zearic's Aldrnari, Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, AS; Zearic's shoto, Apprentice v4 w/Obsidian, AS; Graflex SE w/Obsidian, GB; Archon v3 (modded w/ activation box) w/Obsidian, CG; Dark Sentinel v4 w/Obsidian, BR; Sentinel LE v4 w/Obsidian, GB; Initiate v5 w/Obsidian, AS; Sentinel LE v4 stunt, EG; Aeon LE v4 stunt, FO; Dominix v4 stunt, BR; Aeon v3 stunt, SY

Lord_S_Gray
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 428

« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2017, 01:39:25 AM »

And a fitting end to the saga!  The girls find their way home, and all is well...  Mostly.  Though they still don't constitute what I would call a "viable gene pool"...

Thanks LSG!  Great saga.  I am still disturbed, though, by the lack of ... oh, universal morality lets call it.  These Aethans are WAY to ready to kill anyone who isn't "one of them".
Reminds me a little of Bester from Babylon 5 and his view of "normals"... 

Thanks!
Indeed not a viable gene pool...but as Valens hinted there is a plan....
Yeah the morality is very...unique...but in Kiraea's particular case its at is height...she doesn't have Valens strategic mindset or abilities, and being female would feel much more threatened by everything than Jarys so I imagined she would have to rely more on rapid use of brutal power.

Wonderful conclusion!  Glad that the girls were able to meet up with Valens and join with Melton, given the adversity they've been through... Still calls to question: what are the motives of the Goddess?

As Karm stated, your story is darker than ours but I think that it occupies the same ambiance as "Rogue One." And like the movie, your narrative is better than anything that has been released as canon; your writing is that good LSG.  I can't wait for your next installment in the aether!

BTW, not sure how but I missed your initial post for CH.9.  I am amazed at the turn of events: from the girls' inclusion of Maynard to his rejuvenation via the Aether, fantastic chapter!

Yeah after so much desolation, and the ending of CotA about time for a happy one....
The Goddess will be making an appearance...perhaps not quite in the way one would expect...

Anyway Kiraea will be back...only next time with full Guardian Training from Melron and Jedi techniques from Valens....

Lord_S_Gray

Surik: "Kreia, what are you—are you a Jedi, a Sith?"
Kreia: "Does it matter? Of course it does, such titles allow you to break the galaxy into light and dark, categorize it. Perhaps I am neither, and I hold both as what they are, pieces of a whole."

Karmack
Forumverse Loremaster
Master of Ceremonies
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1152

Light side points please.

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2017, 01:58:44 AM »

The melding of an Aethan Guardian's training and Jedi training sounds utterly terrifying.  LOL

Can I recruit one of their descendants for the Mak'Tor?  ;-)

signature picture by DarthScrub

Master Singer of the Mak'Tor

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: